Thread: Examples that prove LSI is from the merry dichotomy?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Examples that prove LSI is from the merry dichotomy?

I don't understand how LSI is merry rather than serious, and someone who is newly reading about socionics wonders how IEE is from the serious dichotomy while LSI isn't

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSIs have merry moments. They like to laugh. They really appreciate merry atmosphere. It's like if system is good and works then people are happy.
    IEEs aren't gamma serious. Deltas are light but serious. Maybe an IEE can explain delta seriousness.

alpha: light and merry
    beta: heavy and merry
    gamma: heavy and serious
    delta: light and serious
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    LSIs have merry moments. They like to laugh. They really appreciate merry atmosphere. It's like if system is good and works then people are happy.
    IEEs aren't gamma serious. Deltas are light but serious. Maybe an IEE can explain delta seriousness.

alpha: light and merry
    beta: heavy and merry
    gamma: heavy and serious
    delta: light and serious
    I wouldn't call LII light and merry
    Yeah seems right but the LSI I know is so serious all the time and his laughter looks kind of fake.
    But come on LIE also has their happy moments. Description: "sometimes likes to play the standup comedian and make themselves look a lot more stupid than they really are just to make others laugh"
    I kind of see how their merry modes are different though. My ESE mom always jokes and I don't get her jokes and she says: "you serious girl!" and leaves me

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenJack View Post
    I don't understand how LSI is merry rather than serious ....
    Are you interpreting merry and serious literally?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly, you are confusing LSI with another IxTp. Or, as @yeves said, taking it literally.

Keep in mind that merry/serious refers to whether you are good at noticing and responding to emotional background, and separating an activity from the emotion. In this light, you can explain LSI being merry and IEE being serious just by that fact that one is Fe valuing, and the other isn't. All Fe-valuers are merry.

But possibly this person you are talking about is not LSI, because LSI is actually particularly jolly all around, and not that well represented on this forum. They are merry, positivist, emotivist, they need all the positivity it takes to balance out the evil of their dual EIE. Just kidding.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bolong View Post
    Possibly, you are confusing LSI with another IxTp. Or, as @yeves said, taking it literally.

Keep in mind that merry/serious refers to whether you are good at noticing and responding to emotional background, and separating an activity from the emotion. In this light, you can explain LSI being merry and IEE being serious just by that fact that one is Fe valuing, and the other isn't. All Fe-valuers are merry.

But possibly this person you are talking about is not LSI, because LSI is actually particularly jolly all around, and not that well represented on this forum. They are merry, positivist, emotivist, they need all the positivity it takes to balance out the evil of their dual EIE. Just kidding.
    They support merry atmosphere you're right I was taking it literally, but so will someone who is reading about socionics without much background, we should fix the name and change it to something else because the theory is well formulated and should be respresented well, maybe it has happened because of being translated from Russian

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These particular names for the dichotomies choose to emphasize the Fe/Fi dichotomy rather than the Ti/Te dichotomy, so they are not going to apply as well to Fe suggestive or Fe demonstrative types (especially if you take them literally). There is also the "Objectivist/Subjectivist" interpretation which emphasizes the logic aspect. It seems difficult to unify the two dual elements since they're almost total opposites, but it's more fair to say that LSIs value self-expression than seeming "merry" per se.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I near certain my supervisor at work is LSI. His "Merriness" often comes out in how he likes to terrorize and pressure people like it is some sort of social game (Se creative combined with Fe seeking). For example this new girl at work was using a lift trying to get something down and then he teases her by shutting it off from below while she is stuck in the air. He uses moments like that to discharge from his otherwise rigid and serious attitude, but unfortunately it only makes him come off as even more douchey to all of us that work with him.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I near certain my supervisor at work is LSI. His "Merriness" often comes out in how he likes to terrorize and pressure people like it is some sort of social game (Se creative combined with Fe seeking). For example this new girl at work was using a lift trying to get something down and then he teases her by shutting it off from below while she is stuck in the air. He uses moments like that to discharge from his otherwise rigid and serious attitude, but unfortunately it only makes him come off as even more douchey to all of us that work with him.
    What the hell?!