Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SLEs saying "I'm an Alpha male" (ESTp)

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    What do SLE mean when they say "I'm an Alpha male" in a very affirmative tone?

I went to Whole Foods on the weekend and the customer service person behind the sweets stand was SLE. I wanted to order macrons for my sister. I asked him which one was good he said he wouldn't get them because "I'm an alpha male" I don't eat fruity sweets like that.

I thought, this is the second time that I've met an SLE who says that they are an alpha male. What does that mean?
    In this context, "alpha male" means: he is a complete tool. Or he might be joking.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    I just thought this photo screamed SLE.

sounds like a joke and not a real person, and also i hope you don't think all SLEs are like this.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    sounds like a joke and not a real person, and also i hope you don't think all SLEs are like this.
    It's a "bro" kind of SLE. Of course not all are like that, but some.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SLE coworker has this thumb-pinned on his desk:

I think it represents the "nerdier" nit-picky variant of SLE.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a "bro" kind of SLE. Of course not all are like that, but some.
    yea, the "bro" kind of SLEs stand out a lot (and are often Se subtypes). around where i live, i also run into the macho-man, conservative, military-loving, "America fuck yea" kind of SLE.

in a crowd, it's harder to pick out the less "in-your-face", quieter kind of SLEs. i find Ti subs often don't like attracting too much attention to themselves. (at least when they're sober )

SLEs (especially if they're "nerdier") usually like talking about philosophy, science, spirituality, politics, and shit like that.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    yea, the "bro" kind of SLEs stand out a lot (and are often Se subtypes).
    I have noticed that, haha. They are supposed to be the best type for me... I don't know. xD I don't think I am "sis" enough for that... oh wait. o.O

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    sounds like a joke and not a real person...

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "bros" will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    The "bros" will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
    aww a lot are basically harmless, don't waste your bullets.... plus you're going to want some loyal muscle on your side

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just thought this photo screamed SLE.

This is actually what I immediatly think of when I think of a SLE.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Trying to put myself in the shoes of an SLE guy, he has probably been bombarded with ideas his entire life about what "alpha male"-ness is; and what do you know it--that's the kind of person he has naturally always been. In order to make light of the somewhat awkward truth (note Fi polrs feel weird about having their personas revealed or evaluated), he develops the trait of projecting a somewhat ironic sense of humour about it when interacting with others, to allow himself to feel more in control of his image in the eyes of others and also as a way to remember himself. However, his own ability to read others' state of mind is sub-par and doesn't realize that not everyone is going to somehow not only intuitively magically know his life story but also pick up on AND appreciate his sub-par dead-pan sense of humour about it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

this is the second time that I've met an SLE who says that they are an alpha male. What does that mean?
    This "SLE" may to be poseuring ethic.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    This "SLE" may to be poseuring ethic.
    Probably

I usually think it means that they want people to know that they are competitive and powerful. I just freeze when I hear it because it's so unexpected. I'm not looking for someone who is the top dog especially when I'm buying sweets nor am I looking for the only cookie worth buying. I jsut want something that's pleasant.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

A "bro" SLE in motion.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A "bro" SLE in motion.
    Yeah, probably.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

What do SLE mean when they say "I'm an Alpha male" in a very affirmative tone?
    It means they're an insecure, lying bastard. If they were really an 'Alpha Male', people would respect them without them have to 'reaffirm themselves' every five seconds. It's just their sad attempt at trying to gain control.

Prove it, don't spray it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    It means they're an insecure, lying bastard. If they were really an 'Alpha Male', people would respect them without them have to 'reaffirm themselves' every five seconds. It's just their sad attempt at trying to gain control.

Prove it, don't spray it.
    Idk he says things like "that's for amateurs" deviding people by some kind of hierarchy. The rookie and the accomplished. Not wanting to seem like the rookie therefore the weak link (??). I can't tell what one is supposed to do in such cases where they too may associate them selves with the "rookie" underdog. Should they feel embarrassed that they are? Should they just joke back thag they are too? Should they hide that info in hopes of not getting found out? For these confusions that often present themselves to me with Beta types I often just remain quiet. I too may seem weak because I often reach out to the poor, weak, downcast, the excluded, to help people give them a sense of unity and togetherness with man kind.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    IMO, its just joking. My SLE son likes joking to socialize. He'll joke along the lines of "I am a stud", said in a totally serious tone, because I think he enjoys peoples' "Are your for real?" expressions at his comment. I have seen him go back and forth with his EIE friend, like, when admiring a silly pic of the two of them, he comments, "Look what a stud I am" and she answers, "I'm such an awesome babe" and then him more on him, and her more on her, and probably some off-color joking... Just silly banter, and they get into it.
    How about "that's for rookies"?
    -

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've been thinking about xLEs and their Fi polr.

Fi polr descriptions sound strikingly similar to descriptions of psychopathy (Also Se descriptions).

Is Fi polr essentially psychopathy in its fullest sense, which would make xLEs individuals all psychopaths.. Or is psychopathy independent from Fi polr.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post

Fi polr descriptions sound strikingly similar to descriptions of psychopathy (Also Se descriptions).

Is Fi polr essentially psychopathy in its fullest sense, which would make xLEs individuals all psychopaths.. Or is psychopathy independent from Fi polr.
    independent.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post

As can be said with many things around here I would bet there is a strong correlation between psychopathy and being Fi polr although I doubt its 1 to 1. I would agree Fi polrs are more predisposed to such behavior then other types although a good upbringing a proper self-development could help keep it in check.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE Fe HA:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12