Thread: Do you think the concept of strong functions makes sense?

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Do you think the concept of strong functions makes sense?

-
    Last edited by Reyne; 04-03-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. You're overthinking it.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, existential type crisis stuff, lol.
    If I stop and dissect everything I do and think, yeah, I'd be able to put little pieces in each and every type. I think type is more cognitive than behavioral, i.e. how I go from point A to point B in my head, which is actually similar each time.
    Both sensory and intuition are part of how we percieve life, and both feelings and logic should be part of decision making imo.
    I don't think socionics is much more than words we use to out a word on certain phenomenon, they are just as good, as bad, as any other.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    I don't know. Maybe socionics is pure trash and it's all up to interests.
    It's less about raw abilities and more what people tend to verbalize or be mentally preoccupied with.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Andreas You make an important point that we live in an information explosion nowadays with the internet. People can more easily figure out how to do things they'd naturally be less good at. We also know a lot more about human psychology and how to control ourselves and work with the personalities and psychologies of other people.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Reyne People spend widely varying amounts of time on certain aspects of their information processing. If by strong, you're referring to spending more time on data acquisition than rationalization (or vice versa) then I would agree but "strong" is a rather misleading word. Being able to play soccer well is like being physically strong and good at weightlifting, both have nothing to do with type. All types can speculate, make plans and warn about future events; it's just that they go about these activities from different approaches and perspectives, which may give them advantages or handicaps but doesn't prevent them from accomplishing things. Socionics is about how one processes information so with equal physical abilities, various types would have different approaches to soccer. Your soccer ability likely doesn't come from your "developed sensation" but rather your ability to stay focused on certain information amongst chaos - but N-types can also do that......

a.k.a. I/O