Thread: The Beautiful Landscapes of Germany

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default The Beautiful Landscapes of Germany

Here to provide you with the ultimate eye candy. Inspiring images of landscapes found in Germany. If you also have pictures that appeal to you, join to post them!

Starting off slow and relaxing with the so-called region "Eifel" in western Germany. First some regular forests, former volcanic landscape, the castle "Eltz", and the national park.

Discovered here: x x x x

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The East of Germany, Saxony: Zitronenkopf am Wehlgrund

Bastei Bridge

x x x x

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The southwest of Germany: Black Forest

Hohenzollern Castle

x x

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The pre-Alps in Bavaria, Rosskopf am Spitzing

x

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

National Park in the north: Lüneburger Heide

x

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

North and East Sea lighthouse & beaches

x x x x

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love them all! The latter set looks like where I will be next week, but much closer. Excepting the unusual interesting beach chair houses.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Pallas; 07-26-2017 at 02:03 AM.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Here to provide you with the ultimate eye candy. Inspiring images of landscapes found in Germany.
    Is Chae trying to get people to move to Germany so she can sneak out and move to Hollywood without being guilty of lowering the already-falling German population

I probably also shouldn't just drop a lot of artsy landscapes and cityscapes randomly like that, but it's fun. I wish place photography would be less "standardized". National Geographic just seems flat to me, like you're "reading" a place, and I like ones where you're interacting with it almost expressionistically more. Most of mine aren't even edited, they just took them real-time with interesting techniques and technology.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Is Chae trying to get people to move to Germany so she can sneak out and move to Hollywood without being guilty of lowering the already-falling German population

I bet that's it. And that's the problem with "educated*" counties - we have been drilled to be afraid of big bad baby...
    .................................................. .........................

*"Educated"? In a county that believes that education is the filling of a bucket, not the lighting of a fire, its really more like brainwashed.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 07-26-2017 at 03:41 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Wyrd The universe always strives to be in equilibrium. We received over a million young refugees recently as compensation, our demographics are mutable. It's nice here, don't wanna go And standardized photography ain't no big deal if the landscape adds the authentic element. But you can post amateur shots too if it allows you to connect with it. Just add the location and credit, that would be great.

@Eliza Thomason Where exactly are you going?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cologne Cathedral

x

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is close to the region where I live. Mainau Island, South of Germany. Famous for their botanic park.

x x x x

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hotel King Louis in Füssen, Bavaria

x

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria.

x
    Last edited by Chae; 07-29-2017 at 06:10 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dresden Castle:

(This looks absolutely incredible)

x

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bonn: Heerstreet Cherry Blossom "Tunnel"

x

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW. I love these photos. They speak to my inner German. <3
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason Where exactly are you going?
    We went probably right about exactly here, on East Beach, Westerly, Rhode Island :
    Now I am longing to go back, and we hope to next week, for a day trip. Where I used to live my favorite place to get away was the Adirondack Mountains. But here in western Connecticut, it already is Adirondack-like (the Berkshire foothills), and what is close, and altogether different, is the beach.

[painting of Berskhire foothills]:

We went for three days, 2 nights, staying at this charming B&B:

See the nice mural in dining room? I love it: I would like to paint a similar scenic mural some day at our home (some woodland scene).

We parked for just $10 at an East Beach bar, right on the beach, approximately about where that above first picture is.

Then we set up our spot [I should say this took quite a bit of researching, planning and shopping on my part, beforehand, as I never lived near enough to a beach to consider/get what's needed and useful...so, beach chairs, umbrella, turkish beach towels, etc! -- and I am still shopping for our next beach trip - I ordered this for the umbrella and this for the cooler], and enjoyed the beach and ocean and then, as you can see, you can walk and walk! We took that long walk everyday to the far off points on the horizon - the lighthouse is on the left and on the right is Taylor Swifts Watch Hill home.

Getting closer:

The homes on the beach at Watch Hill are beautiful, and the whole beach is too. Some internet pics that are exactly where we walked, as if we took them:

http://boston.outdoorfunclub.com/ass...KenBastura.jpg

We walked by this house:

And by these, along with lots more equally wonderful-to-behold beach mansions:

Also on route is the lovely Ocean House ("one of only eleven Forbes triple five-star hotels in the world"):

Then you arrive at this loveliness:

And back again:

Walking distance from the point is another very long point, below.. a good long walk so requires an early start and maybe pack a water bottle and sustenance, like fruit and cheese...

I was told that I would love this and I read of it being called "the most beautiful beach in New England". It certainly was beautiful. I am in love with it now; I want to go back. Its can be a day tripper! So we are thinking - next week! It feels wonderful and freeing to be able to go somewhere. We went nowhere at all for a very long time (including our whole marriage of 3+ years) because of caring for my Mom. So this trip was the beginning of an opening out of what had become my very small world.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason those places are all amazing oh my god. Your trip was a success! Really beautiful, thank you for sharing at length. Where would you paint this mural, are there any plans?

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason those places are all amazing oh my god. Your trip was a success! Really beautiful, thank you for sharing at length. Where would you paint this mural, are there any plans?
    Yes, it was wonderful. Two nights away was a splurge for us. But we can go on a day trip, and I can pack a cooler, so I am anxious to try that for the first time. Its under two hours, and neighbors say they find it an easy day trip.

I want to paint a mural, similar to that one in the picture, with primarily a use of soft greens and sky blue, so sort of a misty effect, and then the woodland scene. Pines, a beech, a squirrel and chickadees are going to be a part of it. I am thinking either the main stairwell or the attic bathroom. Though this year will be primarily about getting Connecticut teacher certification - its been too long since I taught (before my son was born) for it to just roll over, and I have to sit for teacher exams.

I actually am hoping not to teach in schools, but instead teach my own art classes from home - children, teens, adults. That's after we create the space - right now its just an empty spot in the yard I stare at, dreaming. And we need to talk to the neighbors and apply for a variance from the town building code to put my dream "art barn" exactly where I want it. Another desire is to get into producing art to sell at art and craft fairs. Ideally my husband and I could work together (he likes this idea) - I would design and he would build and I would paint decoratively - like kitchen stools, or useful small tables, or kids chairs, desks, toy boxes maybe. He can actually design and create, too, so in the process I imagine he would come up with his own unique things to create and execute. He has a graphic, Byzantine sort of style of artwork, while mine is more painterly realism. I think I could come up with something appealing and special and useful that people would want to buy.

But none of that is off the ground; right now I need to make sure I have my options open by being eligible if a good long-term or possibly permanent position comes up that I have the desire - or need - to take on.

But being IEE i am sure you understand - I am looking ahead and brainstorming ideas and prioritizing them and planning steps randomly from beginning stages to end results, but my time this year will be preoccupied with working to pay bills and save and studying for teacher exams and some other personal goals, including an endeavor at my church, because that is what I need and ought to do now...
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 08-04-2017 at 06:23 PM.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post

Home!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason @Kim Fantastic!

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some old photos of Germany published in 1912-13 by the French journalist Jules Huret. You can see more of the collection here.

038.png

084.png

113.png

176.png

208.png

194.png

204.png

001.png

013.png

190.png

015.png

TIM