Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LsE final
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    maybe it's the role Fe that gives this "fake" impression to you guys? I've seen it in LSEs and LIEs before... hmmm?

LSE's can feel awfully fake to me - overdoing the Fe, faking like being such people's person or so enthusiastic/concerned about you, when they couldn't give less of a shit. But I'm not a fan

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    LSE's can feel awfully fake to me - overdoing the Fe, faking like being such people's person or so enthusiastic/concerned about you, when they couldn't give less of a shit. But I'm not a fan
    lmao, you put it so nicely. I wouldn't put it in the exact same words as I have a different perspective but I kind of assumed the role Fe might look fake especially to a Fe-ego, when it sometimes also looks too forced to me when I observe it (depends on the person)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jumping on the bandwagon... (LSEs)

When I used to work with an LIE (not an LSE I'm afraid), whenever he was using his charm, people would ask me "what's his game?"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lmao, you put it so nicely. I wouldn't put it in the exact same words as I have a different perspective but I kind of assumed the role Fe might look fake especially to a Fe-ego, when it sometimes also looks too forced to me when I observe it (depends on the person)
    Sounded too harsh My bff is actually a LSE sp/so girl (I know, like the most opposite human I could possibly find ) and I love her dearly. But in general LSE's rub me the wrong way.

My LSE friend is also 3w2, so she has this "mother hen", perfect hostess, animator and strict office manager all in one type of persona. So sometimes when she goes around mingling with people being all smiley-smile and all over the place, I actually get a bit annoyed. In trying to get an emotional atmosphere going she just goes too far, so it ends up looking fake and forced.

She's extremely pragmatic and logical under that (put on) exuberance (she says herself how she couldn't care less about those people, or how it's really difficult for her to feel empathy etc.)

It's all about image with her (she has to be absolutely perfect in all areas of life) and that rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's the sexy type... lol

But I could see SLI-Si as some people have said.
    Really not sure though.
    Sometimes I get a little sense of Fe but it's faint.....
    So idk lol
    prbly Sli-Si would be my best guess

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it's the role Fe that gives this "fake" impression to you guys? I've seen it in LSEs and LIEs before... hmmm?
    I dont find him fake.. i find him just right, very pleasant...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's SLI

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounded too harsh My bff is actually a LSE sp/so girl (I know, like the most opposite human I could possibly find ) and I love her dearly. But in general LSE's rub me the wrong way.

My LSE friend is also 3w2, so she has this "mother hen", perfect hostess, animator and strict office manager all in one type of persona. So sometimes when she goes around mingling with people being all smiley-smile and all over the place, I actually get a bit annoyed. In trying to get an emotional atmosphere going she just goes too far, so it ends up looking fake and forced.

She's extremely pragmatic and logical under that (put on) exuberance (she says herself how she couldn't care less about those people, or how it's really difficult for her to feel empathy etc.)

It's all about image with her (she has to be absolutely perfect in all areas of life) and that rubs me the wrong way sometimes.
    Interesting. I hear how role Fe can seem fake, but I like it better than Fe ego. That seems more fake to me no offense . I guess I can just relate to my dual's use of it and I understand the person really means it genuinely.
    How does SLE's use of Fe not seem fake? That is a question I have for their duals. Personally it drives me up the wall

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not so much fake as it is enthusiastic.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm Idk @Becca, the guy doesn't seem "fake" to me either, but like you said it depends on the observer.

I used to know a LIE female and she was sometimes "trying too hard" and admitted it to me straightforwardly that it's what she's doing. Before she even did so she did seem "too smiley" to me, but then I came to terms with that and could see past it. Interestingly enough some Gammas (!) complained to me that she seems fake.
    However I know an LSE female and while she can wear me out (I mean following your interlocutor to the bathroom and continuing to talk outside the door is too much regardless of type, lol ) I never found her fake, I think she's one of the most honest people I've met and I like that quality about her.
    I used to have an LSE boss and his amount of Fe was "just right" imo.
    And I have an ILE friend whose Fe seems too much, but in a cute/nice way. His Fi-PoLR though - not so cute
    The ESE's Fe (or creative Fe in some IEIs I've met irl) is where it is/was too much for me - when it leads to drama - and so far with all ESEs and IEIs I've met irl there was drama. I don't like drama. (sorry online ESEs and IEIs, maybe you don't do this much drama , but I haven't met you irl and I'm referring to my limited samples )

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    Interesting. I hear how role Fe can seem fake, but I like it better than Fe ego. That seems more fake to me no offense . I guess I can just relate to my dual's use of it and I understand the person really means it genuinely.
    How does SLE's use of Fe not seem fake? That is a question I have for their duals. Personally it drives me up the wall
    I agree, base Fe can appear fake, but it somehow bothers me less. There's just something about LSE's and their particular brand of "enthusiasm" that I'm not a fan of. I love enthusiasm and exuberance in other types hehe.

I really don't know how to answer the question about SLE's...., they don't seem fake to me like ever

Quote Originally Posted by divergentwacey View Post
    It's not so much fake as it is enthusiastic.
    Probably a better word yes. I would describe it as annoying overly-eager enthusiasm.

hmm Idk @Becca, the guy doesn't seem "fake" to me either, but like you said it depends on the observer.
    And I have an ILE friend whose Fe seems too much, but in a cute/nice way. His Fi-PoLR though - not so cute
    Am I the only who doesn't see that much Fe at all in ILE's irl? They just tend to enjoy it, the jokey atmosphere or react positively when others are emotional, but they're not really that complimentary or fluffy themselves.

They seem very similar to SLE's in that regard, not fake to me at all. That's exactly why for example Refi's style of communication is like exactly one million years away from how any of my ILE-ti friends would communicate.,

Lol, I adore the Fi-PoLR. I find it cute (is that weird )

I actually don't have anything against this guy Jonathan lol, he seems likable enough. But not exactly my type.

The ESE's Fe (or creative Fe in some IEIs I've met irl) is where it is/was too much for me - when it leads to drama - and so far with all ESEs and IEIs I've met irl there was drama. I don't like drama. (sorry online ESEs and IEIs, maybe you don't do this much drama , but I haven't met you irl and I'm referring to my limited samples )[/spoiler]
    ESE's Fe can be quickly too much for me too and can seem really fake.

I'm much less argumentative irl than I am here (I guess I'm channeling my inner SLE here) , but there's always some sort of drama involved with ESE and IEI girls. I think we're both kinda gossipy and that can quickly lead to dramaville. I get in arguments particularly with ESE and IEI girls the most, it's a very love-hate relationship.

I always say how in theory I just want all the drama to stop, but that's not really true. If there's no drama, it's boring and we have to make it up somehow. Sorry

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@darya

Quote Originally Posted by darya
    I agree, base Fe can appear fake, but it somehow bothers me less. There's just something about LSE's and their particular brand of "enthusiasm" that I'm not a fan of. I love enthusiasm and exuberance in other types hehe.

I really don't know how to answer the question about SLE's...., they don't seem fake to me like ever

Probably a better word yes. I would describe it as annoying overly-eager enthusiasm.
    umm, well, the last time I saw a SLE really excited was at a barbecue in May. I can still see this guy before my eyes. He has in general some agression issues that I've heard of. He got excited and started laughing and yelling (just roaring) and jumping up and down (but not in this cheery way), he was jumping really high lifting his legs, as if he wanted to beat the ground, I can't explain it. It looked like some kind of a show of strength that makes me think of the gladiators in the movies - you know when the main character is supposed to fight with them in an uneven fight and they enter the arena and go "ROOOOAARRRRRR!!!!!". I was friggin' petrified. So that was full-on Se+Fe in my eyes. But that guy... I see him as a special case of a SLE, definitely not representative of all of them (luckily).

He is a colleague of a SLE whom I know through a group of mixed-quadras friends. And this other SLE that I know better is actually smn I'd call a good person, who takes care of his family and friends, tries to be pleasant (although he teases me for a reaction whenever he has the occassion), I haven't heard of him being asshole-ish to people, either. But his Fe does have a certain "feel" so to say (probably Fi-PoLR coloured, lol ) cause I saw him speaking to his wife in a crude way in front of his in-laws and her grandma and I thought "oh, lol, you didn't just say this in front of her grandma?!". But yeah the grandma was quite deaf, so...

Am I the only who doesn't see that much Fe at all in ILE's irl? They just tend to enjoy it, the jokey atmosphere or react positively when others are emotional, but they're not really that complimentary or fluffy themselves.

They seem very similar to SLE's in that regard, not fake to me at all. That's exactly why for example Refi's style of communication is like exactly one million years away from how any of my ILE-ti friends would communicate.,
    haha, I've just spent the whole day helping out my ILE friend (I help him run his office a few times a week)... He's ILE-Ne, could be my father and today he started impersonating people from a tv show in various voices and jokingly dance around while doing so in front of me (I laughed so hard I cried ) He looks like Jeff Bridges
    But he's not like that all the time. He's actually quite composed, but very friendly and works with people daily ...and his Fe gets commented on by some people at times in a joking manner (he sometimes annoys people, but they still love him, lol) - it seems pretty much that they're commenting on him loving his HA. And when you compliment him on how he handled a situation with someone in a good manner - he glows. He's not a Fe-lead as far as I can say, the Ne-Ti combination is quite visible and he is very logical. Much more so than the ESEs I know. Si-dual-seeking big time. You should've heard his conversation with an ESE lady today and him complaining about the headache he got "because sth wrong with his stomach"

Lol, I adore the Fi-PoLR. I find it cute (is that weird )
    to me, yeah, it is lol but then again Fi-PoLR guys aren't my duals, so...

I actually don't have anything against this guy Jonathan lol, he seems likable enough. But not exactly my type.
    yeah, I actually took the time to count the typings and the voices are mixed, the most common typing seems to be LSE-Si, then SLI, then ESE and LIE... so maybe your instinct is telling you "nah, conflictors ain't fun enough", lol

ESE's Fe can be quickly too much for me too and can seem really fake.

I'm much less argumentative irl than I am here (I guess I'm channeling my inner SLE here) , but there's always some sort of drama involved with ESE and IEI girls. I think we're both kinda gossipy and that can quickly lead to dramaville. I get in arguments particularly with ESE and IEI girls the most, it's a very love-hate relationship.
    With ESE it's always the same - initially I'm "oh, great " and some time later I have thoughts like "no, that's not true, why are you saying this about this person? you're blowing this out of proportion" "stop complaining, it's not that bad at all" "omg, I've heard this story 10 times already" "God, I need my alone time, like right now!"
    But I do like most of them, just in small doses.

I always say how in theory I just want all the drama to stop, but that's not really true. If there's no drama, it's boring and we have to make it up somehow. Sorry
    I think every NF needs a bit of emotion in their life, it's the sort of emotion and the way it's displayed and how often that varies... depending on the particular needs, tastes, quadras, etypes, experiences, upbringing... etc.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LxE not sure if not LIE more. Brown eyes seem to be sensoric. But I didn't watch the videos and I won't. Judging from the pics.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alklonth View Post
    Brown eyes seem to be sensoric.
    are you quoting something from Stratiyevskaya's LIE profile

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    are you quoting something from Stratiyevskaya's LIE profile
    I have to quote cause I'm LIE xDD No, I just verbalized something I saw in other places. I'm not good in details of people's faces but it turned out quite often that dark eyes (and eyebrows) were misleading for VI typing. Intuitive types looked like sensorics. Sharp features or something.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to know a LIE female and she was sometimes "trying too hard" and admitted it to me straightforwardly that it's what she's doing. Before she even did so she did seem "too smiley" to me, but then I came to terms with that and could see past it. Interestingly enough some Gammas (!) complained to me that she seems fake.
    However I know an LSE female and while she can wear me out (I mean following your interlocutor to the bathroom and continuing to talk outside the door is too much regardless of type, lol ) I never found her fake, I think she's one of the most honest people I've met and I like that quality about her.
    I used to have an LSE boss and his amount of Fe was "just right" imo.

I always used to think that people we're being fake and I wondered why I could never fake it as well. My LIE friend noticed this about me and told me. It's funny that I saw how this LIE used Fe so naturally, yet was always in self-doubt about it and asked me if it sounds ok.

I love when LSE's talk a lot lol. I think it's adorable. Sometimes annoying, but still cute. YES LSE's are very honest imo too they truly mean everything they say. I'm almost jealous at how real they are...
    The ESE's Fe (or creative Fe in some IEIs I've met irl) is where it is/was too much for me - when it leads to drama - and so far with all ESEs and IEIs I've met irl there was drama. I don't like drama. (sorry online ESEs and IEIs, maybe you don't do this much drama , but I haven't met you irl and I'm referring to my limited samples )
    Yeah, I find their Fe drama too much for me as well.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol that's why we are different types.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an LSE female and while she can wear me out (I mean following your interlocutor to the bathroom and continuing to talk outside the door is too much regardless of type, lol )
    i've been known to do that...

when you're engrossed in convo, it's hard to take a "bathroom break"... I mean it's not like the person behind the stall door can't hear you..

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    i've been known to do that...

when you're engrossed in convo, it's hard to take a "bathroom break"... I mean it's not like the person behind the stall door can't hear you..
    omg did it ever cross your mind that the person is taking their "bathroom break", because they need a bit of alone time...? lol

(I mean I know it's not always the case and probably you're not that extreme, but I'm talking about smn who speaks and can do so for hours upon end and all other members of the family knowing this person would leave the room (sneak out of it) happy that she found an "interlocutor" and leave me alone with her - and I was raised polite towards the elderly and would sit listening until I developed a headache and "claustrophobia", lol Now I trained my husband to take over the convo when I'm worn out - he can talk with her, keep up with her, no problem, while I go to another room to take a nap

I think the worst case was when ESE and LSE females both started talking like this, one shouting over the other and the rest of the family just had their meal as usual used to this, then they left giving some lame excuses and I was there sitting there, trying to be polite to both of them and answer while ESE was talking about one thing sitting on my right hand side round the corner of the table, while LSE was more to my left speaking across the table (and they both spoke simultaneously trying to be louder than the other - speaking on separate subjects, apparently it's normal for them ) - it was the only convo in my life that looked this extreme and giving my all to focus I somehow managed to shortly answer to both interlocutors or at least listen enough to keep up - but when that was over, I felt like after a marathon and remembered bits and pieces of the convo but for the life of me I had no idea who said what After that I decided I need to tell my husband that I can't just "up and leave" like everyone else in their family does, cause I find it rude and if it's their unspoken habit then fine, but he needs to "save" me, lol )

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post

I always used to think that people we're being fake and I wondered why I could never fake it as well. My LIE friend noticed this about me and told me. It's funny that I saw how this LIE used Fe so naturally, yet was always in self-doubt about it and asked me if it sounds ok.
    that LIE once told me that she likes this about me too

I love when LSE's talk a lot lol. I think it's adorable. Sometimes annoying, but still cute.
    even to the extreme I described above in this very post...?
    I like to listen and usually end up being the listener or advice-giver, but when someone asks me a question and then when I'm answering in the middle of my first sentence - cuts me off and goes on a tangent... umm that kind of kills the conversation then I just end up listening to a monologue...

YES LSE's are very honest imo too they truly mean everything they say. I'm almost jealous at how real they are...
    Yeah the LSE is very honest and I like this about her "she says it like it is"
    what I find annoying is that some of her views are straight from the 50s Stepford Wives sort of thing and she's so opinionated and set in her opinions that it's pointless discussing this with her even a bit, so I guess lack of a common subject adds to me getting worn out by the convo...
    My husband is Delta ST (seems too talkative and warm for a SLI, but i'm still hesitating, he's not as extreme as his LSE grandma and not as silent as his SLI dad - they are on polar ends of the spectrum those two, though) all I know is that I'm Delta NF, he's Delta ST and it's either activity or duality, looks more like duality from descriptions, but I really don't know at the moment) - and it took me the longest time for him to notice that when smn is kicking you under the table it's because you're maybe saying too much and the correct reponse is to shut up and not say loudly "ouch! why are you kicking me?!" umm, actually sometimes he still does it it's refreshing though that when I ask about sth (and he's not teasing and answers seriously) - then a yes is a yes.

The ESE I mentioned above can speak for one hour straight without letting anyone cut in unless this smn is very motivated to do so and doesn't care about getting cut off like a thousand times - I remember once sitting across the table and thinking "aren't you going to at least take a sip of water? isn't your mouth dry?" - she was literally rambling for a full hour and I was in awe (but she is kind of extreme in her talkativenesss )

(Personally I get talkative at times - usually with smn close to me when we have an interesting subject. Some of my husband's friends have known me for years and probably think I'm the silent, stiff and boring one oh well, I just didn't feel like speaking up too much numerous times and let him and them do the talking About two weeks ago we visited two of his friends and while we were chatting I could see the guy's jaw starting to drop cause I was relaxed in a jokey mood and acted like I do around my husband. He had this expression like he'd never seen me before , lol )

Yeah, I find their Fe drama too much for me as well.
    yup, what more is there to say?

umm... WorkaholicsAnon & Becca - can you girls tell me if you see yourselves in the first 60 seconds of this video? Is this how any of you act in coversation?
    Last edited by aisa; 07-04-2014 at 09:04 AM.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg did it ever cross your mind that the person is taking their "bathroom break", because they need a bit of alone time...? lol
    Yeah I hear you... I've always wondered, as I was doing it, whether its improper. I mostly do this with my sister, who I know doesn't care and does so herself, and usually when we are very excited to see each other and have a lot to catch up on, but it makes me wonder if people around us in the public bathroom think we are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by aisa
    umm... WorkaholicsAnon & Becca - can you girls tell me if you see yourselves in the first 60 seconds of this video? Is this how any of you act in coversation?
    She's definitely a lot more poised than me in posture as well as speech. I relate to the monotone when describing the plot, the increased enthusiasm when describing how i feel about the plot and the people I work with (if I liked them). When I'm enthusiastic, I relate to the increased hand/arm movements.

At work I have to give a lot of mini-presentations, just on the fly, to my supervisors. My program director once told me that when I present, i often sound bored, but then all of a sudden, at some point in the presentation, she'll see a spark in me, and I start talking with a lot of enthusiasm about something I find interesting. I've also noticed other supervisors kind of look bored when i'm presenting, which makes me feel kind of self conscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Park (whom I won't mention tag to spare him the annoyance ) mentioned Schwarzenegger as an example of e9w8 LSE-Si before, but I'd guess he'd be so/sp instinct stacking. Schwarzenegger seems sort of "blank" when I look at him.
    I wasn't annoyed.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that LIE once told me that she likes this about me too

even to the extreme I described above in this very post...?
    I like to listen and usually end up being the listener or advice-giver, but when someone asks me a question and then when I'm answering in the middle of my first sentence - cuts me off and goes on a tangent... umm that kind of kills the conversation then I just end up listening to a monologue...

Yeah the LSE is very honest and I like this about her "she says it like it is"
    what I find annoying is that some of her views are straight from the 50s Stepford Wives sort of thing and she's so opinionated and set in her opinions that it's pointless discussing this with her even a bit, so I guess lack of a common subject adds to me getting worn out by the convo...
    My husband is Delta ST (seems too talkative and warm for a SLI, but i'm still hesitating, he's not as extreme as his LSE grandma and not as silent as his SLI dad - they are on polar ends of the spectrum those two, though) all I know is that I'm Delta NF, he's Delta ST and it's either activity or duality, looks more like duality from descriptions, but I really don't know at the moment) - and it took me the longest time for him to notice that when smn is kicking you under the table it's because you're maybe saying too much and the correct reponse is to shut up and not say loudly "ouch! why are you kicking me?!" umm, actually sometimes he still does it it's refreshing though that when I ask about sth (and he's not teasing and answers seriously) - then a yes is a yes.

The ESE I mentioned above can speak for one hour straight without letting anyone cut in unless this smn is very motivated to do so and doesn't care about getting cut off like a thousand times - I remember once sitting across the table and thinking "aren't you going to at least take a sip of water? isn't your mouth dry?" - she was literally rambling for a full hour and I was in awe (but she is kind of extreme in her talkativenesss )

(Personally I get talkative at times - usually with smn close to me when we have an interesting subject. Some of my husband's friends have known me for years and probably think I'm the silent, stiff and boring one oh well, I just didn't feel like speaking up too much numerous times and let him and them do the talking About two weeks ago we visited two of his friends and while we were chatting I could see the guy's jaw starting to drop cause I was relaxed in a jokey mood and acted like I do around my husband. He had this expression like he'd never seen me before , lol )

yup, what more is there to say?
    Lol yeah I noticed about my SLI brother that he does not pick up on subtle hints either. Maybe due to Fe Polr?
    Haha my IEE friend is constantly joking around, even with strangers. The only times she is more quiet is when she is upset about things.
    No lol. She is British so maybe that makes a difference (different culture norms). Never saw myself speaking...I don't know
    If she was actually EII, it feels like she is trying to sound professional and it is unnatural.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Yeah I hear you... I've always wondered, as I was doing it, whether its improper. I mostly do this with my sister, who I know doesn't care and does so herself, and usually when we are very excited to see each other and have a lot to catch up on, but it makes me wonder if people around us in the public bathroom think we are weird.
    hey, if you're both doing it then it seems it's an unspoken agreement between the two of you. Imo it's problematic only when one of the parties stops answering - and it's pretty obvious it's a moment for a break in the conversation. From what you wrote I don't think you're nowhere near the behaviour I was describing

She's definitely a lot more poised than me in posture as well as speech. I relate to the monotone when describing the plot, the increased enthusiasm when describing how i feel about the plot and the people I work with (if I liked them). When I'm enthusiastic, I relate to the increased hand/arm movements.
    hmm, what do you mean by poised? Is it about how withdrawn she seems or contained or self-confident? How do you perceive her? (sorry I always understood "poised" as "posed" and now I checked the dictionary and it came up with those explanations and it seems this word can convey quite a few different meanings and I am not sure which impression you got?)
    Thank you for taking the time to have a look at this vid

At work I have to give a lot of mini-presentations, just on the fly, to my supervisors. My program director once told me that when I present, i often sound bored, but then all of a sudden, at some point in the presentation, she'll see a spark in me, and I start talking with a lot of enthusiasm about something I find interesting. I've also noticed other supervisors kind of look bored when i'm presenting, which makes me feel kind of self conscious.
    Tbh most work presentations seem to be boring (I mean unless someone works in NASA on some super-exciting issue ) ...and everyone is self-conscious when presenting. (At least every person I've so far talked about this with admitted to being self-conscious)

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Becca

Quote Originally Posted by Becca
    Lol yeah I noticed about my SLI brother that he does not pick up on subtle hints either. Maybe due to Fe Polr?
    Haha my IEE friend is constantly joking around, even with strangers. The only times she is more quiet is when she is upset about things.
    your IEE friend sounds fun!
    regarding your brother and SLIs and Fe-PoLR... yeah, dk if my husband is SLI, he's difficult to type (just how difficult shows this very thread, cause I wanted to find out the guy's from the video type, this Jonathan, because he's like my husband's doppleganger, both visually and the same mannerisms, also the way he poses in photos that come up in google search, so I just figured they must be the same type).
    My husband is very logical and very different from his ESE mum, brother and my ESE grandpa. He's much more similar to his LSE grandma and his SLI dad. And while he says things like these "ouch, why are you kicking me?!" he also says things like these (and said them wayyy before I knew anything about any typologies whatsoever): "When I thought of my future I always imagines myself working full-time supporting my family and my wife... well, my wife I thoughts could as well stay home and write books!" He's very logical and seems Ej temperament (the fidgeting part when inactive, omg ), his Ni sucks (5 years later he tells me - you know we should've done it how you wanted when you were so convinced it would work. You were right actually, now I know.) But you know, if it turns out he's SLI, then all I can say is that activity is a nice interaction. (yeah, I'm back to EII typing once again )
    ahhh.

No lol. She is British so maybe that makes a difference (different culture norms). Never saw myself speaking...I don't know
    If she was actually EII, it feels like she is trying to sound professional and it is unnatural.
    I rely on another person's impressions of me speaking, plus actually watching this video made me catch myself sort of observing how I act when I'm speaking - and today I was just speaking as usual with my husband and caught myself moving and gesticulating in a certain way and it was weird, cause I was just my natural self but after doing sth instincively I realised "gosh, I do actually do these things..."
    She doesn't seem unnatural to me in the video. My initial reaction upon watching her was that she's just stressed by the interview in general and it's quite visible when watching the whole thing (the second part of the video does seem more like she's trying to act professional).
    The part that I was asking about though (first 60 seconds) was how I act in a natural mode of conversation when I am asked a question.

TIM
    EII sx/so
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Becca

your IEE friend sounds fun!
    regarding your brother and SLIs and Fe-PoLR... yeah, dk if my husband is SLI, he's difficult to type (just how difficult shows this very thread, cause I wanted to find out the guy's from the video type, this Jonathan, because he's like my husband's doppleganger, both visually and the same mannerisms, also the way he poses in photos that come up in google search, so I just figured they must be the same type).
    My husband is very logical and very different from his ESE mum, brother and my ESE grandpa. He's much more similar to his LSE grandma and his SLI dad. And while he says things like these "ouch, why are you kicking me?!" he also says things like these (and said them wayyy before I knew anything about any typologies whatsoever): "When I thought of my future I always imagines myself working full-time supporting my family and my wife... well, my wife I thoughts could as well stay home and write books!" He's very logical and seems Ej temperament (the fidgeting part when inactive, omg ), his Ni sucks (5 years later he tells me - you know we should've done it how you wanted when you were so convinced it would work. You were right actually, now I know.) But you know, if it turns out he's SLI, then all I can say is that activity is a nice interaction. (yeah, I'm back to EII typing once again )
    ahhh.
    Lol. I REALLY find this guy in the thread more SLI like than LSE I can't pinpoint what it is... Maybe because I am usually instantly attracted to LSE's and I can tell when they are one. And I think LSE would be better at using Fe than SLI, so they'd understand why they should not have said something... And that sounds like an SLI thing to say as well.
    Lol if my opinion counts I find you more IEE than EII... You seem more extroverted. But only you know lol

I rely on another person's impressions of me speaking, plus actually watching this video made me catch myself sort of observing how I act when I'm speaking - and today I was just speaking as usual with my husband and caught myself moving and gesticulating in a certain way and it was weird, cause I was just my natural self but after doing sth instincively I realised "gosh, I do actually do these things..."
    She doesn't seem unnatural to me in the video. My initial reaction upon watching her was that she's just stressed by the interview in general and it's quite visible when watching the whole thing (the second part of the video does seem more like she's trying to act professional).
    The part that I was asking about though (first 60 seconds) was how I act in a natural mode of conversation when I am asked a question.
    I don't usually make hand gestures when I speak. I am sort of monotonous, and get straight to my point. If I find something really exciting, I am more expressive when speaking about it. But I don't know about all INFj's speak the exact same way...I think your zodiac sign also plays a factor in how you act and speak. You can't really tell things about a person by one video; you would need to really get to know them imo.
    Yeah that's what I meant she seemed stressed by the interview. She could be an INFj.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He is manipulative, charming, narcissistic and homosexual as well as violent and women hating. His warmth is a shroud, cross him and he isn't afraid to be nasty.

He both wants to rape and dominate women and have nasty "pig sex" with another male. He's cruel to his wife, but she's submissive and likes this yet senses something is wrong. Being a Hollywood actor was the perfect way for him to fuel his narcissism and fool gullible people that don't know how to be insightful to who he really is.

He likes to sniff panties, but also likes to sniff his buddy's jockstrap and is conflicted about what he likes more. He yearns to talk about this with somebody but doesn't trust anybody enough to be vulnerable with them, so he manipulates everybody instead with fake enneagram 3 hollywood "niceness" that has no real substance.

God, I'm good.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol @truck and besides an erotic novela description of your fantasies did you by any chance manage to actually come up with this actor's socionics-wise typing?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@darya
    umm, well, the last time I saw a SLE really excited was at a barbecue in May. I can still see this guy before my eyes. He has in general some agression issues that I've heard of. He got excited and started laughing and yelling (just roaring) and jumping up and down (but not in this cheery way), he was jumping really high lifting his legs, as if he wanted to beat the ground, I can't explain it. It looked like some kind of a show of strength that makes me think of the gladiators in the movies - you know when the main character is supposed to fight with them in an uneven fight and they enter the arena and go "ROOOOAARRRRRR!!!!!". I was friggin' petrified. So that was full-on Se+Fe in my eyes. But that guy... I see him as a special case of a SLE, definitely not representative of all of them (luckily).
    Lol, well that would be a bit obnoxious to me too, but I still don't see anything fake about it. It's more about being really primal and letting your true nature shine

You know, to me exactly LSE type of propriety and conventionalism is what''s truly fake.

Yeah, I really don't think we will find common ground with this one haha

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, actually I think it's possible this guy could be ESE...

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, well that would be a bit obnoxious to me too, but I still don't see anything fake about it. It's more about being really primal and letting your true nature shine

You know, to me exactly LSE type of propriety and conventionalism is what''s truly fake.

Yeah, I really don't think we will find common ground with this one haha
    nah, that was just my general answer on SLE's Fe, I didn't find it fake, primal is the correct word here . But it was just too much for me

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

hmm, actually I think it's possible this guy could be ESE...
    You know, it could be. For me, it's not that easy sometimes to differentiate between LSE's and ESE's, particularly when female and 3w2 and 2w3. That role Fe can be deceiving.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa
    umm, well, the last time I saw a SLE really excited was at a barbecue in May. I can still see this guy before my eyes. He has in general some agression issues that I've heard of. He got excited and started laughing and yelling (just roaring) and jumping up and down (but not in this cheery way), he was jumping really high lifting his legs, as if he wanted to beat the ground, I can't explain it. It looked like some kind of a show of strength that makes me think of the gladiators in the movies - you know when the main character is supposed to fight with them in an uneven fight and they enter the arena and go "ROOOOAARRRRRR!!!!!". I was friggin' petrified. So that was full-on Se+Fe in my eyes. But that guy... I see him as a special case of a SLE, definitely not representative of all of them (luckily)
    yep that sure sounds like Fe-HA to me...looking for some outrageous embarrassing behavior like that is what helps me identify SLEs and ILEs. A guy i know at work who I think is SLE takes every opportunity to bust out his guitar and sing (very mediocre-ly but very loudly), every get together, every party. His repertoire seems to consist of a total of 3-4 songs, all of which I've heard ad nauseum. I recently went to a mutual (other) coworker's wedding, where of course, this SLE coworker brings his guitar, and sings one of his songs that we've all heard...AGAIN. What made it even worse was his mediocrity being juxtaposed with a mariachi band who came in right after with incredibly amazing voices. His Fe-HA gets manifested in other ways as well, don't have time to go into all that.

But in short, yes, perhaps a more understated version of Fe-HA than the guy you described.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, back to LSE-Si typing imo

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, back to LSE-Si typing imo
    Just go ahead and type every male celebrity you like and find hot LSE. Socionics makes more sense that way.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Just go ahead and type every male celebrity you like and find hot LSE. Socionics makes more sense that way.
    lol ...partly agree, although I'm pretty sure some of the celebs I find visually hot are my conflictors i.e. him

having said that... I do find most of the LSE-Si section here resembles one big box of chocolates to me
    visually... Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis, Sylvester Stallone, David Hasselhoff, Hugh Jackman, Jason Statham, Michael Douglas, Robert Redford - basically a box of teenage celeb crushes, lol
    there is sth about John Wayne, Tommy Lee Jones, Al Pacino, Ian McShane and Rick Perry, too...

...sooo there might be sth to your theory

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First instinct is SLI.

Looks Seth Myers-ish who I have actually found to be a really good model to compare other SLIs for VI

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, it could be. For me, it's not that easy sometimes to differentiate between LSE's and ESE's, particularly when female and 3w2 and 2w3. That role Fe can be deceiving.
    I agree this is a difficult type to differentiate.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does seem Ej temperament, not really getting the SLI typings.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    yep that sure sounds like Fe-HA to me...looking for some outrageous embarrassing behavior like that is what helps me identify SLEs and ILEs. A guy i know at work who I think is SLE takes every opportunity to bust out his guitar and sing (very mediocre-ly but very loudly), every get together, every party. His repertoire seems to consist of a total of 3-4 songs, all of which I've heard ad nauseum. I recently went to a mutual (other) coworker's wedding, where of course, this SLE coworker brings his guitar, and sings one of his songs that we've all heard...AGAIN. What made it even worse was his mediocrity being juxtaposed with a mariachi band who came in right after with incredibly amazing voices. His Fe-HA gets manifested in other ways as well, don't have time to go into all that.

But in short, yes, perhaps a more understated version of Fe-HA than the guy you described.
    I kind of retract what I said here....not so sure that guy is SLE anymore...well, he could be... idk...

As far as ILEs, my image of them (and all of Alpha quadra) was grossly misconceived pre-Sept 2014. So, pardon my ignorance...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast