Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: INTj jobs/careers/occupations: what do LIIs do for a living?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gugu_ baba, why am I in your signature?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhhh ... ? In that case, something that involves analysis and research.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj men and short hair cuts = smart combination.
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snowyc
    INTj men and short hair cuts = smart combination.
    Yeah. I've hidden my forehead from the world for too long.
    I think it makes me look better, like, when I step out of the shower and there's no hair in my face - it's time for that look.

And I think it fits in with this transition into one of the sciences (I'm declaring my major next semester), and other INTj-ness.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    All right, all right, I'll change that , if you don't like it =p

Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes
    The University, as an institution, is INTj incarnate.
    Yeah, i agree the university system is pretty much Ti, as a thought pattern and Ne as for observing the reality and then creating theories, but again making use of the Ti.

There are at least 2 ESTps teachers in my college, probably again the Ti thing (it's their creative function)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    All right, all right, I'll change that , if you don't like it =p
    I don't care whether you have it there or not, I was curious as to 'why' it is there.

What does it mean? Are you just doing it because other people are putting other people's names in their sigs like that? Or do you actually like something about my online personality?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an INTj friend who likes his job a lot, he is an engineer, working in a small place with just a few people he gets along with. He makes various metal parts on various machines, its a very practical job.

Maybe something like this is very suitable for INTj's, as its a hands on job with little interaction with unknown people.

Just a thought.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flower
    I have an INTj friend who likes his job a lot, he is an engineer, working in a small place with just a few people he gets along with. He makes various metal parts on various machines, its a very practical job.

Maybe something like this is very suitable for INTj's, as its a hands on job with little interaction with unknown people.

Just a thought.

I'm considering something like that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care whether you have it there or not, I was curious as to 'why' it is there.

What does it mean? Are you just doing it because other people are putting other people's names in their sigs like that? Or do you actually like something about my online personality?
    go figure

<3 <3 <3

i'm exercising my Fi and if you think I'm conforming to the trend, then I feel truly insulted

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default The Lost INTj Career

Venture Capitalism is something that an INTj may be really interested in. The analysis and free will of it is very attractive to INTjs. Also, INTjs are very economical.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think its lost. I think all NTs are drawn at least superficially to these types of jobs (risk and structure).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTj jobs/careers/occupations: what do LIIs do for a living?

We have a thread for ILE careers. What then would be good careers for an LII?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, it's anything scientific/academic. 'Truly' creative jobs such as writer/artist do not appeal to me. The same goes for practical jobs. People jobs - the same again!
    Last edited by jason_m; 12-06-2016 at 01:48 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

University researcher. Electrical/software engineer. Telephone switching engineer. Chemist. Anything which involves Ti facts to be classified into a system. The best jobs of this type for LII's will also require a minimum of contact with other people and a minimum of oversight. Throw in paid health care and guaranteed retirement, and you have LII heaven.

However, if they fail to secure employment of the type described above, their nihilistic nature drives them to become absurdist, drug-abusing street mimes.

LII street mime.jpg

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A LIIbrarian.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, anything that requires working with or creating systems.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hacim View Post
    For me, anything that requires working with or creating systems.
    Same here. I think that's what largely attracts me to librarianship. There is a system for classifying books and other materials.

It is more than just creating and working with systems though. Its also improving systems or integrating multiple systems to create a mega supersystem.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another point: computer science of any kind I find really interesting.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Another point: computer science of any kind I find really interesting.
    I am attracted to this as well.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also: this is my pet theory: the logical subtype has more Te. Therefore, LII-Ti goes well in fields that use Ti that have some practical emphasis. E.g., engineering, programming, actuary. They can also handle careers in practical subjects such as accounting or finance. Intuitive subtype has more Ni. Therefore, LII-Ne can handle fields like literature, philosophy, music, etc., but go best in something that is logical and theoretical - like computer science. In any event, both subtypes go best in any field thas a strong logical, analytical emphasis. Also, the logical subtype can converse more easily with LIEs; the intuitive subtype with ILIs. Further, the logical subtype has a dual with some Fi, with whom they might confuse with ESIs (e.g., 'Penny' from the Big Bang Theory vs. Reese Witherspoon); the intuitive with some Se, confusing them with SEEs (e.g., Sandra Bullock vs. Cameron Diaz)... just my theory

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another one I thought of: logical subtype matches up better with LSIs - especially LSI-Ti, because they are more Ti, while intuitive subtype matches up better with EIIs - especially EII-Ne, because they are both more intuitive.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    University researcher. Electrical/software engineer. Telephone switching engineer. Chemist. Anything which involves Ti facts to be classified into a system.

The best jobs of this type for LII's will also require a minimum of contact with other people and a minimum of oversight. Throw in paid health care and guaranteed retirement, and you have LII heaven.
    Yep. For me stability is also important: it's difficult for me to do a job that constantly shifts the basic parameters of what you do.

I actually had an LII boss(slash programmer) one time. You would think that such a people-oriented job would not attract an LII, but he actually found it an interesting challenge and way to become a more well-rounded person. I guess that it was mostly about developing .

However, if they fail to secure employment of the type described above, their nihilistic nature drives them to become absurdist, drug-abusing street mimes.

LII street mime.jpg

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LIIs can make excellent problem solvers and predictors or forecasters depending on background and intellect. Although LIIs seem to like predictability and structure, they don't like routine, scrutiny or pressure to produce. They don't do well ad hoc and they cannot turn on the green light when someone wants a green suit. They are better at being the power behind the throne than the one on it. Avoid jobs that require empathy and or attention to minute detail. They do better at a systems level where oversight and strategy is key.....

a.k.a. I/O

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How is being physicist work for you? I have sen bunch of them doing physics. It is just that some IMEs turn it bit hard. Lot's of mindless calculation etc which is not strict math. Knowing the impact of forces etc.

Huge amount of mathematicians are LIIs.

Ti is really good for clarity. Anyways, at least people say that my plans and writings really makes things very clear (well, I do put in extra effort... Fe-HA). However some of LII writings I have seen were bit out of grasp for most people while you could see that their level of comprehension was astonishing.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    How is being physicist work for you? I have sen bunch of them doing physics. It is just that some IMEs turn it bit hard. Lot's of mindless calculation etc which is not strict math. Knowing the impact of forces etc.

Huge amount of mathematicians are LIIs.

Ti is really good for clarity. Anyways, at least people say that my plans and writings really makes things very clear (well, I do put in extra effort... Fe-HA). However some of LII writings I have seen were bit out of grasp for most people while you could see that their level of comprehension was astonishing.
    I've known many in theoretical physics and math as well as writing, stock market, project management, engineering, etc.; we seem to be good in jobs that require broad analysis or connecting the dots. Though we can be excellent at analysing information and synthesizing new information, acquiring the right information can sometimes be a challenge, and failures to do so cause us to often become obsessive or perfectionists; out of fear of such failure, we tend to say no, hesitate, over think and or stall no matter how intelligent the LII may be.....

a.k.a. I/O

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm... I am studying Translation/Interpretation Studies and if I were to pick any other thing, I think it would still be Semantics/Philology related? I can do just fine with math and science if I want to, and I do like them theoretically but I most likely would still pick something to do with language/meaning/subjectivity related as my main research field.

I pondered if I should've picked computer science at highschool but so far, I seem to be doing well in my studies. It is only first grade yet, though...

Would this seem to fit with your pet theory @jason_m ?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Though we can be excellent at analysing information and synthesizing new information, acquiring the right information can sometimes be a challenge
    a.k.a. I/O
    I see ignoring Te. It's like I'm heavily capable of finding information out of something minuscule stuff and then continuing to derail myself. Like some sort of information eating monster. I'm sometimes challenged to stay on topic. It's like I got it and then there this possibility and this and... Easy to see what I like to ignore.

You and EII have similar strengths on how you process stuff albeit it is different in terms of interest. They are also very capable of thinking through language structures where as I'm always derailing myself into new direction.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuhime View Post
    ......../subjectivity........
    I can see LIIs studying language from a scientific perspective but as a translator in a booth, not so much. I have yet to meet an LII who would like subjectivity other than as a subject; they'd likely abhor being themselves judged subjectively. For LII, I wouldn't suggest a field that would demand detail or routine; we usually like theory and thinking globally.........

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have guessed Academia but it's a pretty mixed bag of types really, lots of betas in it seems

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We have a guy at our university who makes schedules and seminar organizations, either he's ILI or LII but he does his job really well. Always sits in his office for long long long periods of time all concentrated on his work.

Saved my ass two times because I messed up during subject election period.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Always sits in his office for long long long periods of time all concentrated on his work.
    I think having as many chances to be in "flow" (Description) is good for a LII.
    I think having pleasant people to talk to is also good, but where social interaction isn't important for the work. Just an office environment where people are pleasant. (Which most types probably want?)
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    I think having as many chances to be in "flow" (Description) is good for a LII.
    I think having pleasant people to talk to is also good, but where social interaction isn't important for the work. Just an office environment where people are pleasant. (Which most types probably want?)
    Yep. It should maybe be an occasional bonus of ? Like an office party. Sure, we're social creatures by default depending on others, even the SO-blind spots It just varies in what kind of pleasantness is wanted, that boils down to the ethical IE values and dimensionalities.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any job where I can stare off into space, sit and think, read books in philosophy, science, natural history, technology, politics, etc, in my spare time, would be a dream job. The worse jobs are those that keep you busy with menial tasks that you have no time to observe and think. While I could be a full time student or a research scientist, the thought of not going at my own pace causes anxiety, like in having to publish or perish.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Chur View Post
    Any job where I can stare off into space, sit and think, read books in philosophy, science, natural history, technology, politics, etc, in my spare time, would be a dream job. The worse jobs are those that keep you busy with menial tasks that you have no time to observe and think. While I could be a full time student or a research scientist, the thought of not going at my own pace causes anxiety, like in having to publish or perish.
    ---> Librarian is perfect, meets all of the criteria.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    ---> Librarian is perfect, meets all of the criteria.
    How would I get any work done with all those books around?
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Chur View Post
    How would I get any work done with all those books around?
    Those books are your work! Epic win.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does a librarian do? Sounds like a lot of service work, with ( !) people (who could be rude!)
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    INTj-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately I've been thinking being a monk wouldn't be too bad.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Being a monk doing research like back in the good ol' days?
    Any LIIs that come into mind?
    I find monastery life kind of too routinized. I'd need a personal help (nun perhaps) to keep up with standards.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClownsandEntropy View Post
    What does a librarian do? Sounds like a lot of service work, with ( !) people (who could be rude!)
    There's alot of different types of librarians in many different settings (public, academic, school, corporate, law libraries, etc.)

I happen to work in a public library and the work I do is very service oriented. Yes, I work with people who can be rude, which is the worst part of the job. Most of the people are nice though and thank me for my services.

On a daily basis my work alternates between direct service to the public at the information desk and behind the scenes type work processing materials, researching, doing other library related projects.

Overall, the behind the scenes work suits me better but I don't mind the serving the public part of it as long as I don't have to deal with difficult people!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast