Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting facts about you

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I love cartoons, I could spend days just watching them. I use The Simpsons as an antidepressant and I remember dialogues from most of the episodes, I've seen the whole 30 series about 10-times. Whenever I feel upset, depressed, anxious, sad, I just watch few episodes of Simpsons and I feel good again.

Regular Show is great as well, it's surreal, funny and the overall vibe is very phlegmatic and easy going. It's about two slackers who'd do anything to avoid work and usually end up causing some sort of a supernatural disaster because of their extreme laziness. I relate to them way too much, lol.

I also like Adventure Time, but it can be too surrealistic sometimes and Finn actually gets on my nerves with his epic heroism. He's basically flawless, people like this don't exist and even if they did...they would get on everyone's nerves I bet.

Rick & Morty is epic as well with its existential depression dressed in surreal worlds and jokes.

I've been rewatching BoJack Horseman on Netflix as well, and it's extremely emotional and deep. Totally love it and the main character's so real it brings chills.
    I can't stand most popular TV shows. I don't know if it's me or them.

Anime, however, is completely different. It's my crack cocaine, nirvana, and ecstasy.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I can't stand most popular TV shows. I don't know if it's me or them.

Anime, however, is completely different. It's my crack cocaine, nirvana, and ecstasy.
    I can’t stand anime

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    My DNA test results showed no trace of the ethnicity of my surname.

Due to familial problems, I once went through a season of believing I was switched in the hospital at birth. I later gave up the notion after much research and individually questioning my parents.
    Why not just DNA test your parents?

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Why not just DNA test your parents?
    I wanted to, to elucidate the results better, but neither would agree to it. My Dad doesn't believe in the accuracy of the tests because he thinks the science is too young (perspective: he is in his 70s now) and told me with hostility that those who give their money for those tests are fools. My Mom says she's content with knowing she's a pure breed, which potential does align with family records and test results.

Anyway, I am glad I had it done. It proved my hunches of actually some Middle Eastern blood at 6%, Celtic at 36% British Isles, and Old Norse at a trace of Finnish. I instinctively have felt an affinity with each of those cultures for a variety of reasons over the years. The majority found was Eastern European. Doing the research, I found that I resemble typical Ukrainians a lot...
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have a small birthmark in the center of solar plexus.

I found that I resemble typical Ukrainians a lot...
    They have no specifical ethnicity, in average. Very close to Russians, by which called themselves for 1000 years. Name "ukraine" translates as "near border territory".

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I have a small birthmark in the center of solar plexus.

They have no specifical ethnicity, in average. Very close to Russians, by which called themselves for 1000 years. Name "ukraine" translates as "near border territory".
    Interesting on point one. One point 2 ... Yes my Mom says she is just Polish. I Googled images of Ukrainian versus Polish women among other women by country around the world ...
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no body piercings nor tattoos and never had. That is unusual in America. The norm is for girls to be pressured or forced at a young age to get their ears pierced, but I refused. I thought it was too unnatural. I used to laugh as a teenager and joke that I had virgin ears.
    ~* astralsilky

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Interesting on point one
    It's not a point, but the objective knowledge of academic history and partly what I see on practice.
    Poland should to have high ethnical similarity with today Russians too, mb in lesser degree than "ukraine". Like many populations who live close for long and have similar culture. Also the political borders shifted significantly between countries.

You may look Russian social networks alike VK and to see photos of people from different cities of central Russia. Then do the similar with other nearby political territories (Poland, "ukraine", Latvia, etc) to notice the % of similar faces.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a point, but the objective knowledge of academic history and partly what I see on practice.
    Poland should to have high ethnical similarity with today Russians too, mb in lesser degree than "ukraine". Like many populations who live close for long and have similar culture. Also the political borders shifted significantly between countries.

You may look Russian social networks alike VK and to see photos of people from different cities of central Russia. Then do the similar with other nearby political territories (Poland, "ukraine", Latvia, etc) to notice the % of similar faces.
    Sorry, but by point I simply meant similar to item, that is I was just referring to the birthmark you mentioned.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    This one time at Bible camp I took a shit so big that it clogged one of the few toilets on the property and caused a massive overflow. I incubated that son of a bitch for about 5 days before crapping out what felt like a small child.
    Yeah so this one time in art class, I was listening to this kid whine about a painting he was creating, and I got really tired of hearing about how dissatisfied he was about his work, since I thought the subject matter was super cool (the subject was a praying mantis).

So, while he was in the bathroom, I took it upon myself to deface his painting by slathering it with randomly colored paints, using my hands, paintbrushes, and sponges.

Then, I convinced all the other kids to join me in an almost ritualistic fashion as the teacher just kind of watched in amusement. It was a team effort and I owe it all to every entity involved; to top it off, I stuck a cheez-it on the wet clusterfuck of paint to let it dry and stick.

That day, the kid rode his unicycle home without a painting, and I rode home with what was once his painting.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah so this one time in art class, I was listening to this kid whine about a painting he was creating, and I got really tired of hearing about how dissatisfied he was about his work, since I thought the subject matter was super cool (the subject was a praying mantis).

So, while he was in the bathroom, I took it upon myself to deface his painting by slathering it with randomly colored paints, using my hands, paintbrushes, and sponges.

Then, I convinced all the other kids to join me in an almost ritualistic fashion as the teacher just kind of watched in amusement. It was a team effort and I owe it all to every entity involved; to top it off, I stuck a cheez-it on the wet clusterfuck of paint to let it dry and stick.

That day, the kid rode his unicycle home without a painting, and I rode home with what was once his painting.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you did that!!!
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a summons for federal court jury duty this last summer. Evidently it's really rare, they claimed, to be summoned to federal court. The case was against the state police department with high profile lawyers and seemed like a Big Deal. I wished I could have stayed, but it was a 2 hour drive from home and my husband would have had to take off work to watch the kids. I talked to the judge and the lawyers about it and they agreed to let me go. But it's amazing all the things people were pulling out of their ass trying to get out of it. Should have heard some of the things these people said. But it was a pretty cool experience.

Unfortunately as I was going in I was an idiot and forgot I had a knife in my purse. I had been borrowing my husbands car and he had a pretty large knife just laying out in there. I just stuck it in my purse because I didn't want the kids messing with it, and I thought I'd borrow it, because you never know when it might come in handy. Well, I forgot it was in there. When I went through the metal detectors, I pulled a knife out of my purse and about died. Should have seen the look on the officers faces. Lol. They told me I had to go outside and dispose of it. I was pretty embarrassed, and the fact they made such a big deal out of it made me even more embarrassed.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@aster, covert terrorist. Lol.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aster wow what a horrid experience. Thank goodness it's over.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around 1984 at the height of taking dance lessons, I decided I wanted to know what Irish folk dancing was and learn it. I looked through the telephone book and no lessons were offered in all of metro Detroit and tri-county area. I looked at the library, but nothing. No books or videos. When I was 15 my local library finally had a book on IrishGaelic, as for whatever reasons I was interested to learn it since age 10. I used to check it out from the library a lot but got stuck on correct pronunciation in my studies, for I realized it was in fact Scottish Gaelic not the desired Irish and was published by a British agency.

From 1986 to 1995 or so Enya got famous and Irish culture experienced its worldwide revival awakening. So I was intuitively sensing the fringe of the trend a few years in advance without enticement or any logical explanation.

A distant young cousin of mine had the opportunity to learn Irish dance. With her team she has gone to Ireland often and won many competitions.

After seeing what that style of dance really was like, I decided that my ballet lyrical and modern jazz was really more my thing.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Artistic pursuits over the years in my free time

I have written over 50 poems, on piano 5 instrumental songs and 1 with electronic programming very quickly, composed and forgotten many many other songs in my mind, currently have over 20 paintings I created (some were given away as gifts), and drawn over 200 illustrations mostly in color and abstract compositions. I've also baked a decorated several cakes for people I cared about but it has been a long while.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom is from Hong Kong, and one of her friends is a journalist that was outspoken pro-independence during the handover. She fled to Taiwan after the handover happened, but returned now and is now working for an independent news site.

Also, my mom grew up in Kowloon Walled City.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently helped teach robotics and plan the program for a course held for kids at the top university in Japan.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the time of year to be watching the classic 1982 short family film, The Snowman by Raymond Briggs. The soundtrack is magnificent. I have it on compact disc after buying it off of eBay back in the last 90s. Anyway, fans should know that a rare sequel did get released called Snowman and the Snowdog. The Snowman indeed comes back! Such is the essence of magic in fantasyland. I have a copy of this I received as a gift on DVD a couple years ago. But it disappeared at home and I am still trying to find it. I think someone I live with misplaced it. I await my "fix". I am secretly hoping my Dad finds it and gives it to me for Christmas - that and a DVD of the original. The original I only have on VHS tape still. Time flies by too fast!
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Santa's watching !!!
    @Santa Claus

*smile*
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ILI-Te sp/sx 549
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am the first person in my family to graduate high school. I am also the only one of my siblings to live independently and maintain the same relationship for more than a year.

I have abnormally dense bones, so I have never broken one despite having should have.

I am partially deaf. Years of chronic ear infections have left the cilia in my inner ear worn down.

I traveled 2500 miles by car in 3 days.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never yet met my fiance in person.

He lives in another country.

We have known each other now almost 3 years.

We are finally getting a chance to meet in just a few weeks. I am traveling there.

I'm nervous.

I know we are type compatible, but still nervous because we come from very different backgrounds.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    IEI-Ni2 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I randomly had an OBE once when I was 4 years old and I saw myself outside of my body while getting ready for my first day of preschool. That is the first memory I had that started the continuous stream of memories I have up to now.

When I was around 9 years old I had my first lucid dream where I had three dongs and I went to Subway but I wanted Whataburger so I turned the building into Whataburger.

When I was 14 I was in a piano competition and when I started playing I completely tuned out of my surroundings and saw stars and galaxies. I ended up winning and getting hundreds of dollars.

When I was 15 I put on one of those "WARNING!!! EXTREMELY POWERFUL THIRD-EYE OPENING!!!" videos and played Shpongle over it and after a few hours I got a headache and went to bed. When I woke up, I felt the world spinning before my equilibrium snapped into place and everything went to black. Then I had a vision that I was in an empty, dingy, gray classroom and I heard ominous, high-pitched laughter. It lasted for about 10-15 seconds and then disappeared. The world spun again and my balance went back to normal.
    human flesh tastes like pork

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just found out I'm second cousins (my mom's cousin) with this guy, a famous bodybuilder named Stanley Pleskun. He has a movie about him called Strongman that you can watch. He's on the Ukrainian side of family, guess that lends further credence to the stereotype that Ukrainians are tough ass people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    guess that lends further credence to the stereotype that Ukrainians are tough ass people
    Until 1922 as a nationality they called themselves as Russians for centuries (at the northern part of today borders and differently on southern part as it was joined with Russia only at 18th century's end). the 1st (also illegal and against to what population of so called "ukraine" voted) appearance of Ukraine as a nation was not until 1991. By its essence today "Ukraine" is an illegally separated a part of Russia, and live there the same Russians by the culture and genes. "Ukranian language" is more a dialect of Russian language, with some archaisms and words absorbed from Poland language (as Poles controled that territory for some centuries and all that time called them as Russians, the same they did themselves).

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until 1922 as a nationality they called themselves as Russians for centuries (at the northern part of today borders and differently on southern part as it was joined with Russia only at 18th century's end). the 1st (also illegal and against to what population of so called "ukraine" voted) appearance of Ukraine as a nation was not until 1991. By its essence today "Ukraine" is an illegally separated a part of Russia, and live there the same Russians by the culture and genes. "Ukranian language" is more a dialect of Russian language, with some archaisms and words absorbed from Poland language (as Poles controled that territory for some centuries and all that time called them as Russians, the same they did themselves).
    You should walk down a street in Kiev and tell the people that.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was horrible in gym class.
    ~* astralsilky

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was only okay in wrestling and good at bodybuilding. I have terrible lungs and hand-eye coordination so most sports is suffering for me.

Basketball was the only sport I didn't mind and sometimes loved.

Bodybuilding is the only gym class where people shut the fuck up and I could listen to music while doing it, and sometimes even socialized with cool people. Every other class if full of noisy bimbos lol.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chryskoru View Post
    I was only okay in wrestling and good at bodybuilding. I have terrible lungs and hand-eye coordination so most sports is suffering for me.

Basketball was the only sport I didn't mind and sometimes loved.

Bodybuilding is the only gym class where people shut the fuck up and I could listen to music while doing it, and sometimes even socialized with cool people. Every other class if full of noisy bimbos lol.
    Even though I'm tall af basketball is one of my least favorite sports lol. I generally dislike any sport where you gotta be grabby-nabby with the ball and coordinate with team members. I instead strongly prefer completely straightforward sports that test sheer endurance and physical capability such as track and rowing, where tempo shines.

All this talk about sports is making me want to get back to the gym. Last year I managed to get to the point where I was going every other day but then the shit with moving to new a house completely knocked me off the habit of going and I haven't gone in months now. It also doesn't help that my parents stopped going and canceled the family membership so now if I wanna go I gotta pay $75 a month for membership when I'm already tight on money as it is. Sucks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My sirname is a derivative of Greek word.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am on my 2nd flight en route to visit the Asian continent for the first time. This next stop will be in the Middle East.
    As a resident of the USA, the only foreign country I had ever previously been to has been Canada.
    ~* astralsilky

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In age ~5 yo I was attracted to the term "symmetry". It looked for me as important, somehow.
    One of remembrances. I talk with a kid in the kindergarten. Tell him about a symmetry as a study or science, a principle which explains something more general than geometry.
    It's doubtfully that I knew about Yin Yang philosophy in that age.

I never thought about links of that in the context of my current interests and views until yesterday. Jung's types and functional symmetry as a perfect psyche state [unlike functional accentuation of the types] - when all 8 functions are good and equally developed, differentiated and consciouse, when IR problems dissappear. Jung should to had the similar opinion. The psyche state the closing to which I think as a way of peoples [and mb socium] impovement by Socionics. The state when people become wiser, stronger and happier, better and more wholely consciouse themselves, may cooperate more effectively, in general. The state the way to which through love in duality should make people more compassionate to others. By this sociums as more humanistic, effective, reasonable.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's pretty interesting, @Sol.

Although, i think that not many people will feel that they aren't interested in symmetry - it is necessary for life. All things must be subject to order, if we wish to orient ourselves in them. Socionics, for example, is a reflection of this need. You can't not think in systems. That's why the mystical experience feels like it sets one free - as it sheds the systems, until you think it, of course.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In USSR schools we had diaries for everyday marks by which teachers evaluated our knowledge of subjects. Also homework tasks on the next days were written there.
    Every page had 3 sections with several lines for subjects and the marks. A turn had 2 pages what showed a week.
    Parrents needed to place a signature for every week pages in the diaries. So they saw the current marks.
    Sometimes in the diaries teachers could to write important notes for parrents.

The very first week's pages of my school diary (of 1st year study) contained 3 teacher's notes about my inappropriate behavior on lessons. I was active kid, only to sit and listen was new requirement and so I distracted on talking. 2nd week in the diary has no behavior criticism already. But it has another note - in one of days I came too late on lessons.

Later. When I studed in the university I got not a single discipline issue due to talking on lessons. Some teachers were strict with this and alike in school demanded to leave the lesson on ~10 min. So I needed later to take someone's notebook and copy its texts related to the lesson.
    The issue with coming some minutes later on lessons has stayed with me as common also.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so interesting I can't even come up with something interesting to say because it's overwhelming how interesting I am

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

A president of Italia was ~10 km from me.
    Possibly, it's the closest distance at which foreign president was to me.

@ooo

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol cool, guess it was Berlusconi ??

once i saw Obama in Berlin, 10 m from me

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast