Likes being asked questions Relina's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question CIA Test Gave Me An Odd Result

Many people would say I'm stupid for taking a CIA Test but whatever. I found this on 4chan last year and got this result despite being incredibly apathetic, domestic, lazy, intellectual, and eccentric. When I got this a while back, I fantasized about being in high-adrenaline activities, but that's definitely not how I am naturally. The only accurate part was the low empathy one and sometimes explosive temper. The strange thing is that someone who only knew me online said it described me perfectly. I don't really know why, does anyone know what's up with this test? I know I haven't given that much information on my personality yet for you guys to determine if it's accurate, but still.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How is this test a CIA test? Seems like it was developed by someone working at a mental hospital.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    How is this test a CIA test? Seems like it was developed by someone working at a mental hospital.
    Someone said it was a CIA test on the 4chan thread, and it said so too in the link to the Reality Club papers.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm. Seems like an interesting assessment. What's your basic profile? Mine was IFU.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got EFU. It seems pretty inaccurate.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Seems like an interesting assessment. What's your basic profile? Mine was IFU.
    IFU as well. From my understanding, it says I was like an IFU as a child and grew up to be an e*r*a*.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneTriz View Post
    IFU as well. From my understanding, it says I was like an IFU as a child and grew up to be an e*r*a*.
    We're quite similar then. I grew up to be an e*r*a apparently. The primitive description I can understand. But I don't understand the basic descriptions. I grew up to be my exact opposite?

I looked up reaction formation and apparently it means that your basic personality was perceived to be unacceptable, so you developed the exact opposite personality as you grew up. Repression and dissociation and stuff like that comes in. I'm pretty similar so I probably did something like that but not as extreme.

From Wikipedia:

Where reaction-formation takes place, it is usually assumed that the original, rejected impulse does not vanish, but persists, unconscious, in its original infantile form.

So your real self is buried apparently and undeveloped. I guess self-love is something to think about here.

What doesn't make sense is that the profile for me is apparently from the IFA primitive profile. But I'm IFU. So something doesn't quite add up here and I'm wondering what's going on. Were things linked improperly??? Maybe I clicked the wrong thing lol. I think I'm e*r*u lol. This is a bit complicated.
    Last edited by Aramas; 03-13-2021 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    The weird vernacular “schizoid” and so on is throwing me off
    Changing terminology. Schizoid basically just means distanced from external reality. Psychopath used to mean someone with a psychological problem, hence psychopathology.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're quite similar then. I grew up to be an e*r*a apparently. The primitive description I can understand. But I don't understand the basic descriptions. I grew up to be my exact opposite?

I looked up reaction formation and apparently it means that your basic personality was perceived to be unacceptable, so you developed the exact opposite personality as you grew up. Repression and dissociation and stuff like that comes in. I'm pretty similar so I probably did something like that but not as extreme.

From Wikipedia:

Where reaction-formation takes place, it is usually assumed that the original, rejected impulse does not vanish, but persists, unconscious, in its original infantile form.

So your real self is buried apparently and undeveloped. I guess self-love is something to think about here.

What doesn't make sense is that the profile for me is apparently from the IFA primitive profile. But I'm IFU. So something doesn't quite add up here and I'm wondering what's going on. Were things linked improperly???
    The thing about this, is that the more I read the more I think "What if I actually am an e*r*a* or would grow up to be one?" (I'm still quite young)
    I mean I guess it makes sense with my real self being undeveloped, I remember feeling as if my maturity "froze" at around age 12 or 13.
    And yeah I think some things were linked improperly, the 4chan thread reported similar issues.
    Something kinda amusing is that I even had a dream last night where someone online told me to stop taking personality tests so seriously.
    I'm not sure what to make about all of this. I don't know why my basic personality was supposedly perceived to be unacceptable.
    Interesting stuff though, after reading the reaction formation article on Wikipedia, I guess I can kind of see it with fantasies of world destruction.
    Originally as a child I'd get really bad existential anxiety about stuff like everything ceasing to exist one day. Then a few years ago I got into anti-life philosophies and thought it would be rational to destroy reality if possible.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    Right, but it’s pathologizing something normal which is why I don’t like it
    Idk I read the basic info about this personality system and it seems legit and based in good intentions. The idea is that you have some innate personality and that you grow up either being yourself or being forced to be something you're not.

The goal seems to be in line with trying to help people be themselves and get into the right mindset for who they really are. And that a lot of problems are caused by trying to force people to fit roles that aren't compatible with their inherent nature. It's like the study of type masks in our own terminology.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The thing about this, is that the more I read the more I think "What if I actually am an e*r*a* or would grow up to be one?" (I'm still quite young)
    I mean I guess it makes sense with my real self being undeveloped, I remember feeling as if my maturity "froze" at around age 12 or 13.
    And yeah I think some things were linked improperly, the 4chan thread reported similar issues.
    Something kinda amusing is that I even had a dream last night where someone online told me to stop taking personality tests so seriously.
    I'm not sure what to make about all of this. I don't know why my basic personality was supposedly perceived to be unacceptable.
    Interesting stuff though, after reading the reaction formation article on Wikipedia, I guess I can kind of see it with fantasies of world destruction.
    Originally as a child I'd get really bad existential anxiety about stuff like everything ceasing to exist one day. Then a few years ago I got into anti-life philosophies and thought it would be rational to destroy reality if possible.
    Yeah. @Adam Strange was mentioning the other day fantasies about seeing cities burning. I've had similar thoughts I'll admit. But I'd rather the redneck shitholes I grew up in face the burning xD (if you're not a mechanic or a nurse, you don't belong here). I don't intend to do anything like that but imagining it makes me feel better I guess. "Some people just want to watch the world burn" shouldn't be seen as an insult so much as an indication that someone is in pain and needs some kind of relief.

Explanatory notes to people who don't understand the convergent clusters like I didn't at first: the clusters are the people who look the same on the surface. The surface appearance can either be who that person really is or some kind of forced adaptation underneath.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. @Adam Strange was mentioning the other day fantasies about seeing cities burning. I've had similar thoughts I'll admit. But I'd rather the redneck shitholes I grew up in face the burning xD (if you're not a mechanic or a nurse, you don't belong here). I don't intend to do anything like that but imagining it makes me feel better I guess. "Some people just want to watch the world burn" shouldn't be seen as an insult so much as an indication that someone is in pain and needs some kind of relief.

Explanatory notes to people who don't understand the convergent clusters like I didn't at first: the clusters are the people who look the same on the surface. The surface appearance can either be who that person really is or some kind of forced adaptation underneath.
    Yeah I wouldn't know about what other people had been mentioning. The part about people needing relief is an interesting point, don't know enough to agree or disagree with it.
    And yeah, I think I get the convergent clusters now too. Thanks for clarifying for the rest lol.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah I wouldn't know about what other people had been mentioning. The part about people needing relief is an interesting point, don't know enough to agree or disagree with it.
    And yeah, I think I get the convergent clusters now too. Thanks for clarifying for the rest lol.
    You're welcome I guess. It took a couple days before I really understood it but it makes a lot of sense now. Like a lot a lot. I was about to write it off as broken bullshit because of the bad links but the system seems pretty sound and tbh I'm probably an IFU lol.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Someone said it was a CIA test on the 4chan thread, and it said so too in the link to the Reality Club papers.
    CIA might use it but they didn't invent it I don't think. It was some dude. Lol

Edit:

Gittinger worked as a consulting psychologist for CIA during the time he developed the (PAS) from Wechsler’s scales. Early publications describing his (PAS) appeared in academic publications but did not mention Gittinger's employer. Apparently, working covertly for ‘the Company’ was standard operating procedure. While the (PAS) has been used in other areas like education and clinical work, it was developed primarily for assessing personality types of world leaders, according to Krauskopf & Davis (1973). The focus for this paper will be on a brief pattern analysis and the clinical applications of the (PAS) and its ability to predict dangerous behaviors.

So yeah. It's associated with the CIA but it doesn't seem like its utility is limited to spook work.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I got EFU. It seems pretty inaccurate.
    Take the second part of the test too. It's shorter.

TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

retook the test today and got the same exact result I got last time
    interesting

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also grew up to be opposite of myself IRA->EFU.

https://www.pasf.org/b64types/bIcRcAc.htm
    https://www.pasf.org/pasq/desc/ppt/IRA.htm

This test is amazing to understand how trauma at earlier stage of development can affect a person.
    Last edited by myresearch; 04-18-2021 at 03:20 AM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Those are pretty long tests and I don't think the answers will be accurate since I find hard to pick between 2 answers when none of them matches my experience or feelings.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok, I finished the test and I'm positively impressed by how accurate is the result despite it's límited responses. I got efu and the full description is pretty similar to SLI. In short some quotes:

Basic e*f*u (IcRcUu)
    The e*f*u adjustment is most often resis-
    tant in nature. Unlike the e*f*a* who
    adapts to, imitates, and precisely conforms
    to his milieu or cultural heritage, the e*f*u
    is more likely to be out-of-pattern, nonima-
    tive ofthe general milieu, and more apt to
    have self-generated and self-inspired inter-
    ests. Often, these interests are definitely.
    foreign to his heritage and the e*f*u has
    had to be stubborn in order to develop and
    maintain them.
    In some cases, e*f*u represents an intellec-
    tual or intellectualizing adjustment in
    which the individual has become indiffer-
    ent to, or ignored, the development of so-
    cial-interpersonal skills. He has not only
    developed mental discipline, but he has
    learned to be evaluated and probing. In
    both instances, it is the modification of so-
    cially conforming and interpersonal activ-
    ity that differentiates the e*f*u for the
    e*f*a* .
    Much ofthe time, the e*f*u feels that he is
    being creative; in fact, he is usually able to
    be productive at the level expected from his
    intellectual capacity. He is rarely an imagi-

native person because he guards against au-
    tistic tendencies. He is likely to be a very
    effective mental technician, and can be pro-
    ficient in such diverse areas as physics,
    economics, and music theory. It is probable
    that some composers come from this clus-
    ter, and it is relatively certain that the best
    computer programmers are found here. At
    middle and lower ranges of intelligence,
    the most precise typist, machine operators,
    and stock or inventory clerks are found.
    A primary characteristic of the e*f*u is his
    social-interpersonal insulation. The true
    e*f*u makes only the most superficial ef-
    fort to develop social versatility. Shyness is
    often present, but in most instances, the
    e*f*u is actually indifferent to social pres-
    sures. Living alone, being self-sufficient
    and self-reliant, are non-stressful. Unlike
    the e*ru, who is generally self centered and
    immature, the e*f*u has a sense of respon-
    sibility and a genuine involvement with his
    interests. What he is doing is all important
    to him; he expects to gain security for the
    quality of his productivity. Since he is
    likely to be ignored--he rarely is disliked
    and teased as is the i *f*u--he becomes very
    settled and preoccupied with his own activ-
    ity. He has little interest in authority or
    prestige positions, but he is quite threat-
    ened by any change of pattern, whether this
    be a move to a new apartment, or a require-
    ment to change or modify his work habits.
    He usually finds his interests early in life
    and is consistent in his preparation; once
    established, he is stable and long-lasting.
    Among women, this pattern will produce
    many highly effective nuns, nurses, and of-
    fice manager. However, it is a characteris-
    tic of the e*f*u women to be more effec-
    tive in the rituals, procedures, and tech-
    niques of her calling than in the nuances of
    compassion and human understanding. She
    has a strong sense of responsibility, but is
    often cold, detached, and overly rational.
    This form of adjustment, however, does not
    have the defensive cruelty or dogmatic au-
    thoritarianism of the i *f* patterns.
    The primary problems of the e*f*u stem
    from his consistency and his inner tension.
    As indicated above, once a course of be-
    havior is determined, the e*f*u is not only
    persistent, but resistant to change. The ap-
    propriateness of his interests, then, is an
    important ingredient in his ultimate adjust-
    ment. If his interest is inappropriate or un-
    realistic, he is inclined to persevere in spite
    of setbacks, obvious incompetence, or fail-
    ure. The Greenwich Village poet, painter,
    musician, actor, or author who persists in
    the face of continuous failure and an lack
    of talent is a is an example.
    Last edited by Hope; 04-19-2021 at 01:42 PM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>CIA test
    >4chan
    >literally glowing in the dark right now

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kekw

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IFU

I got this also, as per "asd"s post.

Their use of terms like schizoid and autistic are a bit harsh. They are using it to indicate that the person does not care about what the group thinks. Here they are psychologicalizing "the group" as if all groups are the same. What if the group are cannibals, bank robbers, domestic terrorists, or people engaged in an activity which might be a legal activity, but one that is merely chosen - like volunteering for a politician. I first have no interest in "the group" and assess which groups are ethical and share some interest of mine. I do not need "the group" because it is a false generalization. Which group? Doing what?

It is written as if "the Group" is a thing when it is not a thing. It is not a universal - it is a membrane around a participatory activity. What is the activity?

The issue is that in terms of objective ethical restrictions, "the Group" is an amoral entity. Something that could be called "misplaced concreteness." in a i believe Lord North Whitehead's process philosophy. I am not an expert on process philosophy, but I do believe that misplaced concreteness is a concept from it.

"The Group" is a reification in Charles Standish Pierce's pragmaticism.

I adhere to the idea of ethical social reciprocity. That is more nuanced that "the Group".

In any case, I am very much like what they say the IFU happens to be. Not schizoid, not autistic, I engage in the qualified ethical reciprocity of social cues!

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    They are using it to indicate that the person does not care about what the group thinks. Here they are psychologicalizing "the group" as if all groups are the same. What if the group are cannibals, bank robbers, domestic terrorists, or people engaged in an activity which might be a legal activity, but one that is merely chosen - like volunteering for a politician. I first have no interest in "the group" and assess which groups are ethical and share some interest of mine. I do not need "the group" because it is a false generalization. Which group? Doing what?

It is written as if "the Group" is a thing when it is not a thing. It is not a universal - it is a membrane around a participatory activity. What is the activity?

The issue is that in terms of objective ethical restrictions, "the Group" is an amoral entity. Something that could be called "misplaced concreteness." in a i believe Lord North Whitehead's process philosophy. I am not an expert on process philosophy, but I do believe that misplaced concreteness is a concept from it.

"The Group" is a reification in Charles Standish Pierce's pragmaticism.

I adhere to the idea of ethical social reciprocity. That is more nuanced that "the Group".
    This is such good Fe, explaining group purpose and criteria, thank you for this, lol, seriously. The alpha Fe-ego person who is closest to me would often pick up on these kinds of processes and was very accurate in assessing outcome, esp with things like assessing criteria wrt to , say, school applications and admissions, etc. It actually makes sense how in beta quadra, in the presence of Ni, these Fe processes are often associated with foreseeing things/ events. It's great to wrap one's head around the fact that it is not some kind of magic process, but grounded in certain qualities.
    I wish socionics focused more on these Fe processes/ aspects rather than the manifestations of sheer emotion. I hope you don't mind me commenting on your post, Saberstorm.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think E would Match with S in Socionics and I with N:
    If he is an Externalizer, a state of sensory deprivation, such as darkness, tends to frighten him, because it restricts awareness in his area of dominance. If' he is an Internalizer, he is more fearful under sensory bombardment, which encroaches on his private world, and interferes with his internal preoccupations.
    F(flexible) would be like P and R equals Rationality un socionics:

The primitive "F" has initiative, and engages readily in spontaneous activity. His behavior, however, is characteristically lacking in attention and persistence, and tends to arouse irritation and annoyance in those who are attempting to direct him.

The internalized "F" is not so likely to arouse external opposition to his activities, not because they are less excessive, but because they are not nearly so apparent. The internalized "F" does not create obvious environmental disturbances. On the contrary, he appears to be quite passive, because he is essentially unresponsive to environmental stimuli. He Is, however, highly occupied with mental activities, and is as distractible, over-responsive, and confused as the flexible Externalizer, though in his own dominant area.
    U can match los F especially low Fe as ir follows :

U," is socially insensitive and deficient in social versatility. He is interpersonally inept, and socially negativistic. A "U" is inherently incapable of understanding, or even recognizing, complex social interpersonal relationships, and is ineffectual in identifying and adopting appropriate roles within them.

A "U" has great difficulty in adjusting to cultural requirements. He is socially inflexible, lacks skill in role playing, and cannot shift from one role to another in accordance with the situation's demands. A "U" thus gives the impression that he has not learned the requirements of his society, and is therefore likely to come into conflict with social manners, procedures, and expectations very early in his life. Lacking the capacity to adapt to and reflect his culture, he meets with considerable cultural rejection.

Unlike the "A," whose social facility may be much greater than his understanding, the "U" may seem to have less capacity in this area than he actually has. His essential lack lies in his inability to appear to be Role Adaptive and to have acquired the social procedures and manners which the culture demands. His social stimulus value is low.
    I'll add more later, mb.
    Last edited by Hope; 04-23-2021 at 01:41 AM.