Thread: Please type me (video) :-)

Default Please type me (video) :-)

I would like to be typed, i have a few ideas of what i might be, but i would love someone elses input.https://youtu.be/tcRvW-DnMBQ

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Edit, SEI most likely SLI Si possible
    Last edited by Hope; 09-05-2018 at 05:17 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>likes people with great humor, normal day a bit more fun, not too serious
    >romantic interests should be challenging intellectually, great humor
    >enjoys aesthetic art, painting, music
    >interest in culinary activities
    SXI i think. SLI>SEI slightly.
    Last edited by para; 09-05-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb ESI / ISFJ

what is webcamera there?

I recommend the test to try
    http://aimtoknow.com/test_beta

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Alpha quadra, LII.

You like to drink at parties, don't have many friends, like comfort food, like intellectual people. But mostly from VI.

You are running the same software as this female LII, a friend of mine.*poof* <up for a couple hours only, do not copy.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-05-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wow, you really do love panthers. I was just about to ask but then I arrived at that part of the video.
    Your talk about cocktails ma
    de me smile because I could see you are passionate about the whole culinary deal and that's good. I love seeing people genuinely invested into their hobbies and crafts that they are trying to master.

Si lea
    d makes the most sense from the video to me. But I personally think it's SLI > SEI and Si subtype, if that's your fancy.
    Or maybe i shoul
    d stop comparing every SEI male to Andy Warhol

E
    dit: I wouldn't exclude xII either, because of Si HA.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Sol:
    I actually already took that test, and it gave me ILE
    As to your question, i don't really understand what you mean about the webcam, could you explain it differently?

Feathers & BFGDoomer:
    It's funny that you mention SLI - SEI because those are the ones i have been thinking about as possible types.

Aki: Do you have any particular reasons for SEI over SLI?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My first impression was xEI. From VI (physical features, fashion sense, way of talking...). Watching at the full video and the things you say, seems stereotypically Si, Ne seeking (which is basically what you mention). I bet too you have been reading about socionics for some time since the things you say are stereotypical in theory.

Then, guess SLI-Si would be possible since its a Si dom, but I think SEI is more likely.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pantherlover View Post
    I actually already took that test, and it gave me ILE
    fascinating

> As to your question, i don't really understand what you mean about the webcam, could you explain it differently?

if it's not a built-in device, then interesting its model name

to choose between SEI, SLI, ESI, ... you may by IR. which type fits better to IR theory
    for this mb useful IR test

@Sol the webcam model is a logitech CZT from what i can read on it

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

webcam model is a logitech CZT from what i can read on it
    seems relatively expansive model with Carl Zeiss Tessar. the image was good. I hoped such have appeared at lower models

in case of Te type - you'd checked the concrete model

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Watching the video as I write-You look very SLI. You're talking about a lot of Si sensory experiences (your interest in music, how you like to go to the sauna, mixing cocktails with different textures and flavors, etc) so I see why everybody is saying you are Si-base. You barely express any emotions, so I'm leaning towards SLI > SEI.

You said you want a partner who can challenge you intellectually, which seems to suggest Te in your ego block based off of this perspective on romance styles. I know this blog post is not part of official Socionics theories, but I think it is pretty accurate based on my personal experince, and worth considering at least.

Your friends perceive you as harsh sometimes in your speech, and as a bit of a goofball-these also suggest Te-ego and pseudo-caregiver (which is SLI or LSE according to Gulenko). You get bored when you don't have to do any work and you want this to drive you-this doesn't seem like Te-PoLR at all, so I'm leaning further away from SEI.

You like to speak with people who are open to possibilities. This could point to being Ne-seeking. The way you prefer to socialize (or avoid socializing) definitely suggests some sort of introverted type. You keep quiet and don't express disagreements unless you really think something is wrong. Judging by everything else so far, this suggests your Si is very strong. You're not good at asking people about their experiences and you don't enjoy it...well I probably wouldn't enjoy having to do that for a job either...but still, this could suggest SLI > SEI for you.

Overall, the majority of your video strongly suggests SLI, imo. If you're interested in subtypes, I agree with the suggestion that Aki and Feathers made for Si-SLI. I hope this helps Btw I really like the art in your room, especially the one of the panther! Beautiful paintings

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Alpha quadra, LII.

You like to drink at parties, don't have many friends, like comfort food, like intellectual people. But mostly from VI.

You are running the same software as this female LII, a friend of mine.*poof* <up for a couple hours only, do not copy.
    This is what I saw as well.
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

defo Si-Ne valuing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

check the registration date in the profiles to understand better the degree you may trust to those opinions

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are an N type.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the 'N'? He seemed fairly 'sensory' if we're referring to basic ground theory.

That is one of the problems with Socionics (and with many theoretical developments), the relatively slow pace the unification of concepts take place within certain aspects of the theory. We never are at the 'practical' practice of theory, only at the stage of theoretical practice. Many people here would call 'sensing' and 'intuition' very different things. But that is to be expected, and it just demands humility and clear discusion.

@Xaviay Thanks, that link looks interesting. Your profile says that you are SEI, did you have any similar dilemmas when you were typing yourself?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think EII type 4

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SXI > LII but def. introverted and Si-Ne valuing.

Edit: @Tallmo's suggestion is worth considering, too imo
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 09-06-2018 at 05:50 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem intuitive. I was thinking ILI but not sure

Subtype could be Harmonizing
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it would be worth to consider a written, more composed questionnaire?

Since you have such a divided response.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    >likes people with great humor, normal day a bit more fun, not too serious
    >romantic interests should be challenging intellectually, great humor
    >enjoys aesthetic art, painting, music
    >interest in culinary activities
    SXI i think. SLI>SEI slightly.
    Do my eyes deceive me? Someone else providing a list of observations?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    You seem intuitive. I was thinking ILI but not sure
    Where did you get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    Maybe it would be worth to consider a written, more composed questionnaire?

Since you have such a divided response.
    Seems like most people thought Si leading.

The video is short but relatively unambiguous - lots of Si there, and complemented with an Ne perspective about acknowledging the limits on your own knowledge. SLI didn't come to mind as much as SEI, there was more emphasis on "pure aesthetic enjoyment" than functionality. The parts about being socially introverted and shy aren't necessarily a problem for an SEI typing. A few follow-up questions @pantherlover that might clarify things:

-Why are you bad at / dislike your job?
    -In what sense is your speech harsh? This seems to contrast with the general image we get.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    there was more emphasis on "pure aesthetic enjoyment" than functionality
    Aesthetic accent mb more from his occupation, but not a Si vaued type.

I pay your attention on the interesting case of geting ILE in good functional test by him. While me and some people are inclined to see ISF* in him. Against SEI is that how soon he've stoped the discussion of his type. He've got the contradiction between how he sees himself and what others see in him. This his going out is not what Ne suggestive type would do, as this relates to this region and should get more of his interest and a pleasure. The opposite is expected from ESI, which do not like when other people analyse their inner world and even show so serious opposing with them there.
    Also Fe introverted types show more emotional drama and more playful. He's rather restrained in open emotions what is closer to Fi.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Do my eyes deceive me? Someone else providing a list of observations?

Where did you get that from?

Seems like most people thought Si leading.

The video is short but relatively unambiguous - lots of Si there, and complemented with an Ne perspective about acknowledging the limits on your own knowledge. SLI didn't come to mind as much as SEI, there was more emphasis on "pure aesthetic enjoyment" than functionality. The parts about being socially introverted and shy aren't necessarily a problem for an SEI typing. A few follow-up questions @pantherlover that might clarify things:

-Why are you bad at / dislike your job?
    -In what sense is your speech harsh? This seems to contrast with the general image we get.
    -I was bad at my former job, because it involved a lot of the same work, i felt like i was going completely insane at times. The job had me riding the same train lines over and over again, and interviewing people about their travel. The interviewing part had some fun moments, but that was mostly if i went off track form the questionaire i was given to interview people with.

- Maybe it was wrong to say that my speech was harsh, a better word would be that it can be a bit vulgar at times, if i am with a group of friends that i am comfortable with.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-I was bad at my former job, because it involved a lot of the same work, i felt like i was going completely insane at times. The job had me riding the same train lines over and over again, and interviewing people about their travel. The interviewing part had some fun moments, but that was mostly if i went off track form the questionaire i was given to interview people with.

- Maybe it was wrong to say that my speech was harsh, a better word would be that it can be a bit vulgar at times, if i am with a group of friends that i am comfortable with.
    ok, I don't see that as a problem for the SEI typing.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I can understand that, it'd be the same for me in such circumstances.
    I hate routine work and I need daily fresh and new information to feel content.
    My impression is you value , as you hate settled procedures and static structures, just like me.

I even visit this board only when I feel motivated to do so... mostly because there are 10 or so other boards with topics I'm interested in.