Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eggs

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like eggs. They taste like sulfur and they can be very runny. Yuck.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like eggs. I had a crab cake Eggs Benedict at a local restaurant the other day. Eggs have vitamins and are a good source of protein.

And I think of eating eggs as being efficient.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don’t really love the way they taste. I eat them occasionally when I’m trying to lose weight since they are high in protein, and are pretty filling. I usually eat them pretty plain, well done, and over easy with lots of pepper.
    Last edited by Aster; 11-11-2020 at 12:12 AM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One of my favorite breakfasts includes two eggs, scrambled with two tablespoons of almond milk and salt and pepper, a hard cheese like Asiago, cherry tomatoes, olives, and cucumber slices. I discovered this breakfast in Turkey and I've continued eating it.

I think it included a buttered bread when I was in Turkey, but I rarely eat bread or butter.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer sunny side up because I like breaking the yolk and eating it. yum

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    One of my favorite breakfasts includes two eggs, scrambled with two tablespoons of almond milk and salt and pepper, a hard cheese like Asiago, cherry tomatoes, olives, and cucumber slices. I discovered this breakfast in Turkey and I've continued eating it.

I think it included a buttered bread when I was in Turkey, but I rarely eat bread or butter.
    Well that's going on my grocery list.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't eat them for years because of the smell, but have slowly incorporated them again because the protein is good for me in the morning.

Favorite way: scrambled with green and red peppers and cubed ham. A little cheese.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love egg yolks.

one of my top favorite foods.

warm and molten '

nom

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I opened a thread on eggs

I remember on my mom's family farm in armenia they had lots of eggs...I fished for a few and what I remember most on my last trip was how hard the eggs there were to crack. The shells were a lot stronger than the average california egg. Weird.
    It's a matter of food quality, possibly the chicken are from a breed that produces harder shells. As a cook who works in many different places, i run into eggs that break quite easily and others that are harder to crack. it always depends on the brand, there is one particular brand that is giving me nightmares, because they break so easily and I have to work extra carefully, slowing me down. in the past few years, I increasingly run into that brand more often, and my guess is that it is probably the cheapest brand around.

Over here in Holland, many people believe white eggs are inferior to brown ones, a leftover from the days when all white eggs came from battery cages. But nowadays there is no difference in quality, but because of this believe, there is a difference in price: brown eggs are about 7-8 eurocents a piece more expensive than white ones. Perhaps these same is the case in other countries.

Some professional tips: never fry eggs straight from the fridge, let them get at room temperature first. When boiling eggs, don't put them straight into boiling water, instead put them in cold water and heat from there on, the eggs are much less likely to crack open while boiling (because of the gradual heating, you can use eggs straight from the fridge). And there is no need to have eggs completely submerged in water while boiling, just a layer of water suffices, when you keep a lid on the pan, the steam will do the work and you save gas or electricity, especially if you don't boil them 'full steam'. Steaming hard boiled eggs in a small pan takes about 10 minutes counted from the moment the water starts boiling.

Some people, including chefs, use high pans with a high water level to poach eggs. Use a wide pan with a water level of at most 2-3 inches, your eggs will stay much more compact. Adding vinegar to water when poaching eggs is only required with 'old' eggs. How to tell a fresh egg from an old one? Old ones remain afloat in a glass of water.

I personally like my fried eggs slow cooked, this will give you a texture closer to that of a poached egg. This way some water stays in the egg white and it gives a different texture. A good temperature is about 130C/266F, but should never exceed 150C/302F to avoid the Maillard reaction, which you would get when frying eggs at more usual temperatures.

In general, proper cooking takes time, and eggs are no exception. So take your time and don't rush preparing eggs.

Last but not least: eggs go very well with mayonnaise! But I guess you already knew that.
    Last edited by consentingadult; 11-10-2020 at 09:10 AM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat at least 10 eggs a week.
    ἀταραξία

I like eggs that are not hardboiled. I dont eat them often anymore because they feel a bit heavy kinda like too much coffee.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leckysupport View Post
    I eat at least 10 eggs a week.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Doctor of Socionics First Class Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to eat egg raw in the manner of the weasel.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny to me that people eat hardboiled eggs with mayonnaise, which is like eating tomatoes with ketchup..
    It's really good though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12