TIM
    Disqualified
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    E2 sorrowsofyoungwerther, mintwind, Abbie, Theoria

Thank you for typing me, Chae, and I truly appreciate being typed E2, although, I'd like to inform everyone who might be concerned that, I am, in fact, 5w4.
    Last edited by Theoria; 01-15-2017 at 03:14 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Yes!

And nice, I have a thug wing now. So badass. I wish I had (Someone will likely come around and say that an 8-wing is not something you'd wish upon yourself BECAUSE ANGER!! AND PAIN! AND CONTROL!! AND TORTURE! And so much lust.) I'm interested, how did you arrive at the notion of 8?
    I was actually not sure of the wing, its just my "feel" of you rn. I feel like 7w6 is more down to earth and 7w8 is more grandiose.

Considering E7 as member of the Head triad, there’s to notice the symbolism in its abutment to the Gut Center. Drawing a comparison, E5 as a Thinking style could be described as granular, while the Gut can be viewed as big-block knowing, à la gut instinct, where the granular is leapt over, into rock-like certainty (for better or for worse), where sureness is pre-verbal, pre-thought. In fact, to set them in sharper relief, it could be said that the Gut’s brand of knowing has a quality, tonally-speaking, of having occurred in some ancient space, many thousands of years ago, having visceral connections to the basic building blocks of psyche and existence. And getting back to 7, specifically, looking at its connecting lines, 7 is the only one of the Head types that doesn’t have as its higher goal to integrate to the Gut (i.e.- 5 goes to 8, and 6 goes to 9 to elevate in psychological health).

Positioned where it is on the enneagram, 7 then absorbs some magnetic energy from the Gut, and since 7 is a Head type, this combination (head + gut) is saying something about the materials and the speed of thought: from this mental space, tall edifices rocket up from bigger hunks of mass, immediate manufacture and formation. No tiny seedlings here; the instant orange tree complete. Snap architecture. In contrast to 5 and 6, stacking up one factoid brick at a time. This is the archetype from which comedy, wit and ambidextrous whimsy spring; musical intuition and visionary planning too. We’re now well around the wheel away from the shrinking anemia and debilitating ‘Hamlet problem’ of the Existentialist gap between 4 and 5; the 7 reflex is toward externalization, manifestation, literalize the vision, “Don’t dream it. Be it.”

On the other side of this double-edged sword of holiday symphony synaptic sparks, however, is the fast fade; if the physical prototype doesn’t instantly spring into being within a short expanse, Hermes flits on to the next interesting thing that launches from the architectural wellspring. Time moves faster here, a minute ago is yesterday. A mental castle was built, kings and queens glittered gold, history already passed through these halls, and throngs of modern tourists bought the t-shirt on the way out the door. What’s next?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Theoria View Post
    Thank you for typing me, Chae, and I truly appreciate being typed E2, although, I'd like to inform everyone who might be concerned that, I am, in fact, 5w4.
    That's superb! I just thought that your interaction style very courteous when we talked, I based my observation on that feeling

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    No it doesn't, just man up and make your own thread.
    Nah that would be redundant /whisper of the devil's advocate/ Why man up when you can woman down?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    Thanks for including me Chae! Its interesting that you think of me as an E2. I also self-typed myself as an E2. Being an ESE it made sense.
    I sought out Enneagram consultations and had a number of 1 hour sessions where the consultant told me she believed I was an 4w3.

So while I self typed as a 2, I was professionally typed as a 4w3.
    My impression of you is 4 with a 9 fix or vice versa

Theoria is certainly not a 2, 5 sounds right.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really really think I might be 5w6. What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^2w1

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Am I the only one or does Adam seem like he could rock a 9-wing?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I think he may be core 9

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I think he may be core 9
    Oooh!! You're onto something, I know it. Go ahead, Imma listen.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Oooh!! You're onto something, I know it. Go ahead, Imma listen.
    Ladies first.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ladies first.
    9 with 8 give a boundary-setting character, not a boundary-breaking one like 7 with 8. 8w7 is the tiger, 8w9 the bear. Much more conservative power in multiple senses of the word, can't be provoked that easily. Adam has a calmer and steady vibe, not a fiery aggressive one. He engages with 8's lust but not with 7's hedonist energy. He's just hanging around here giving longer accounts of experiences all chill, taking charge yes but not, let's say, like handjob would do with much rebel passion. He's more similar to niffer (8w9). More going with the flow, more "submissive" than the all-out angry (gut) and anxious (head) 8w7.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

9 with 8 give a boundary-setting character, not a boundary-breaking one like 7 with 8. 8w7 is the tiger, 8w9 the bear. Much more conservative power in multiple senses of the word, can't be provoked that easily. Adam has a calmer and steady vibe, not a fiery aggressive one. He engages with 8's lust but not with 7's hedonist energy. He's just hanging around here giving longer accounts of experiences all chill, taking charge yes but not, let's say, like handjob would do with much rebel passion. He's more similar to niffer (8w9). More going with the flow, more "submissive" than the all-out angry (gut) and anxious (head) 8w7.
    Yeah. Something to take in to account is handjob and niffers age compared to Adam though. =D But adam barely ever comes at someone aggressively (I havent seen it).

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah. Something to take in to account is handjob and niffers age compared to Adam though. =D But adam barely ever comes at someone aggressively (I havent seen it).
    Exactly. Age sure, but you'd see 7 even more pronounced and in versatile ways like this. Can't see a core fear of being in pain. For instance, he readily gives stories about mishaps or even bigger mistakes, which is quite brave. Ok - now your turn; as far as I understood it, you think 9w8 would be his type?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Exactly. Age sure, but you'd see 7 even more pronounced and in versatile ways like this. Can't see a core fear of being in pain. For instance, he readily gives stories about mishaps or even bigger mistakes, which is quite brave. Ok - now your turn; as far as I understood it, you think 9w8 would be his type?
    I see 9 and 7 somewhere in him.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He very, very obviously doesn't have a fear of being in pain though, so where's the 7? If you talk to one of the (relatively few) self-typed core 7s here they're rambling about escaping the pain and having addictive tendencies and things like that even if they don't like the "no negative things!" stereotype Baby Boomer types like to throw around (such as Bled and his liking the Rocky Horror Picture Show).

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In the head triad, 7 is his 6-wing. I think he's also counterphobic Heart triad by now is probably a 2w3 fix but he's in denial, super cute. I thought he'd be 3ish somehow first but too much being needed + showing bits of love and patronizing (the good way, he does it really well which only indicates 8 comes with 2) is present. Could be integration but he's not too concerned with image and rep.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    He very, very obviously doesn't have a fear of being in pain though, so where's the 7? If you talk to one of the (relatively few) self-typed core 7s here they're rambling about escaping the pain and having addictive tendencies and things like that even if they don't like the "no negative things!" stereotype Baby Boomer types like to throw around (such as Bled and his liking the Rocky Horror Picture Show).
    I don't see how it's "very very obvious" that he doesnt mind pain. Either way, Adele, is a 7w6 who frequently writes songs about heartache. It's her sx/so stacking tying in with her 4 fix which makes her more comfortable with sadness and makes her more masochistic than lets say an so/sx 7w6 who are scatter fucks who avoid pain at all cost.
    These are my intuitive impressions. I don't think hes a core 7 but maybe a fix, so not a main concern. He reminds me of (some) older 9s who have learned to handle conflict better.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see how it's "very very obvious" that he doesnt mind pain. Either way, Adele, is a 7w6 who frequently writes songs about heartache. It's her sx/so stacking tying in with her 4 fix which makes her more comfortable with sadness and makes her more masochistic than lets say an so/sx 7w6 who are scatter fucks who avoid pain at all cost.
    These are my intuitive impressions. I don't think hes a core 7 but maybe a fix, so not a main concern.
    So the non-core types don't have to make any sense whatsoever and we can just pick them based on how much we like or dislike people. Gotcha.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

So the non-core types don't have to make any sense whatsoever and we can just pick them based on how much we like or dislike people. Gotcha.
    Where does "like and dislike people" come in to typing people? Projection?
    The types and instincts do make sense, but it's a whirlwind of stuff that can easily be confused for other things, if you don't know your shit.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where does "like and dislike people" come in to typing people? Projection?
    The types and instincts do make sense, but it's a whirlwind of stuff that can easily be confused for other things, if you don't know your shit.
    Your pattern in typing people, if examined even briefly, rather clearly factors in how much you like or dislike them, even if you won't admit it to yourself. People with 6s are said not to have much access to their own mental states anyways if we use your sources, and you self-type as having a 6, so you're essentially admitting you don't have much access to your own mental state, and then somehow expecting that to give your argument ethos. That's really poor debating in general.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Your pattern in typing people, if examined even briefly, rather clearly factors in how much you like or dislike them, even if you won't admit it to yourself. People with 6s are said not to have much access to their own mental states anyways if we use your sources, and you self-type as having a 6, so you're essentially admitting you don't have much access to your own mental state, and then somehow expecting that to give your argument ethos. That's really poor debating in general.
    This is clearly a projection on your side (and hilarious). Tell me exactly how you examined this and came to that conclusion. I'm dying to hear it . I type people mostly based on intuitive impressions. I like people from all the types. You must have been offended by something to act like this. So express what it is instead of acting like a stuck up pussy.

All types have access to mental states, and I dont see why 6 in particular, wouldnt. The type is a head type, so very mental.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is clearly a projection on your side (and hilarious). Tell me exactly how you examined this and came to that conclusion. I'm dying to hear it . I type people mostly based on intuitive impressions. I like people from all the types. You must have been offended by something to act like this. So express what it is instead of acting like a stuck up pussy.

All types have access to mental states, and I dont see why 6 in particular, wouldnt. The type is a head type, so very mental.
    Your sources:

enneasite:

"...this characteristic (structural) blockage in accessing the integrated middle, itself, draws a significant contrast between this type and the rest, and will therefore assist in spotting E6 in ourselves and others...

The divided self, the antagonist within, the split will, indecision, questioning. Six is the typological personification of Light and Shadow, a living incarnation of our fundamental disunity and crisis of faith, seemingly decoupled from the direct intuitive channel to Source, the plug into firsthand experience and understanding of Purpose and Meaning"

6s don't use their firsthand experience because they are excluded from accessing it. It says this in rather obscurantist language, but nevertheless that's what it's saying.

Enneagram Institute:

"Sixes come to believe that they do not possess the internal resources to handle life’s challenges and vagaries alone, and so increasingly rely on structures, allies, beliefs, and supports outside themselves for guidance to survive. If suitable structures do not exist, they will help create and maintain them.Sixes are the primary type in the Thinking Center, meaning that they have the most trouble contacting their own inner guidance. As a result, they do not have confidence in their own minds and judgments."

Inner guidance is so, so easily there if you just look. So again, this supports the idea that they're blocked from accessing it in some way. If it were about feeling inadequate that would be the Heart Center.

"The biggest problem for Sixes is that they try to build safety in the environment without resolving their own emotional insecurities. When they learn to face their anxieties, however, Sixes understand that although the world is always changing and is, by nature uncertain, they can be serene and courageous in any circumstance."

This states that the person ignores the source of their emotional insecurities, preferring to deal with the external object of them, rather than facing the securities themselves. Facing them necessarily implies introspection. So the 6 doesn't engage in introspection, which, taken with the above quotes, is because they have some sort of impairment in that area, even if it is incomplete (6s can become healthier like any other type, after all).

Do you have any other sources that suggest a different picture? Or do the leaders not think you're good enough to give you that?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is clearly a projection on your side (and hilarious).
    Bitch, shut the fuck up. All you ever say is "projecting this, projecting that"; find a new fucking argument already.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes!

And nice, I have a thug wing now. So badass. I wish I had (Someone will likely come around and say that an 8-wing is not something you'd wish upon yourself BECAUSE ANGER!! AND PAIN! AND CONTROL!! AND TORTURE! And so much lust.) I'm interested, how did you arrive at the notion of 8?

As for my typings. I didn't particularly observe this in a proper way. So I go by what my intuition tells me out of the blue when I think about the person. I.e. those are associations so it's inaccurate.

E1 Mu, Maritsa, Sol, Subteigh
    E2 sorrowsofyoungwerther, mintwind, Abbie, Theoria
    E3 Adam, darya, Caim, golden, averroes, suede, glam
    E4 cassandra, aylen, starfall, persephone
    E5 hacim, End, raver, within, may
    E6 Kimu, lungs, food, Jarno, phantombride, Alioth, pookie, santa claus
    E7 totalize, satan, handjob, joy, Myst, FDG, frogman, yifflord
    E8 Anglas, cpig, H2, ares, Alphamale, peter, supremacist, squark
    E9 trou, chips, Resonare, Eliza, Economist, Kim, guava
    E10 Reserved for "Toxic Masculinity" Quadra
    E11 Verbrannte because you're too special to be put you into E4
    I don't think that I'm a 1 for the reasons listed in my signature and which I have already examined with an LSE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I don't think that I'm a 1 for the reasons listed in my signature and which I have already examined with an LSE
    Ahh, your signature is a bit confusing. Your tritype indicates 1 as a core type because it comes first And one line above it's written down as 2w1.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure. Maybe. The 8 and 9 can both be very calm. I personally have picked up on some nervous energy from him that is more 7-like but he probably does not outwardly show this.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae @Resonare what do you guys think my enneagram is?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    @Chae @Resonare what do you guys think my enneagram is?
    7 in the head triad for sure, 2 in heart, 9 in gut. How to arrange it is the problem mmmh...

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 in the head triad for sure, 2 in heart, 9 in gut. How to arrange it is the problem mmmh...
    I think there is some 7 in there! I've been asked if I'm ADD or if I have generalized anxiety due to my inability to sit still and always have to be engaging my mind in something because my mind never stops. And I have a hard time resting and sitting. Always jumping and dancing around to music. Even when very sick or tired. Also people like me better on ADD pills.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think there is some 7 in there! I've been asked if I'm ADD or if I have generalized anxiety due to my inability to sit still and always have to be engaging my mind in something because my mind never stops. And I have a hard time resting and sitting. Always jumping and dancing around to music. Even when very sick or tired. Also people like me better on ADD pills.
    Hm... enneagram covers motivations primarily. Do you relate to 7's pain avoidance and future planning focus, i.e. not living in the moment but hunting opportunities not to miss out?

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm... enneagram covers motivations primarily. Do you relate to 7's pain avoidance and future planning focus, i.e. not living in the moment but hunting opportunities not to miss out?
    I was just writing about how I don't think in order to meditate you need to be present, you can meditate in the future for the future, to shape what you want to be a reality, and that it doesn't mean you're unhappy because you aren't living in the moment - you're happy because you have a mental frame work for your plans and that is okay. So yes. Also I flee at any sort of negativity and try to repress any sort of pain. When I am in pain I stress because then I don't have control of what my mind wanted to do.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was just writing about how I don't think in order to meditate you need to be present, you can meditate in the future for the future, to shape what you want to be a reality, and that it doesn't mean you're unhappy because you aren't living in the moment - you're happy because you have a mental frame work for your plans and that is okay. So yes. Also I flee at any sort of negativity and try to repress any sort of pain. When I am in pain I stress because then I don't have control of what my mind wanted to do.
    Yep. There you go! Completely nailed it and even gave me more than I needed. 792 or 729 tritype? Is being needed more important than being in harmony with the surrounding/everybody, or vice versa?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What else I observed recently. Singularity has some great cp6 energy, I can inexplainably feel that in my toes. What a badass.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghost: probably the biggest 6w7 sx cliché ever

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. There you go! Completely nailed it and even gave me more than I needed. 792 or 729 tritype? Is being needed more important than being in harmony with the surrounding/everybody, or vice versa?
    Harmony is definitely more important. I am actually afraid of being needed.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Harmony is definitely more important. I am actually afraid of being needed.
    Ok, 79x. Why is it that you're afraid? That doesn't match 2 so you might be a 3 or 4 in the heart triad instead. Do you resonate more with avoiding failure (3) or being afraid of not being authentic (4)?

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, 79x. Why is it that you're afraid? That doesn't match 2 so you might be a 3 or 4 in the heart triad instead. Do you resonate more with avoiding failure (3) or being afraid of not being authentic (4)?
    Thanks for all of the time you are taking to help type me! I had a feeling if I asked you and Reso things would fall in to place. Hmmm. That's a hard question. Because I avoid everything I think I can't do the best or do well at all. I get an analysis paralysis and nothing happens. But I am also very concerned about always being myself. I resonate with both of those equally hmmm...

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooh this is so cool I'm so excited. Since a kid whenever I've had odd synchronistic events seven was always my lucky number and meant good things.