Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Links To My Gulenko Typing Videos For Reference- Posted Here Not Beta Due To Being Unsure If IEI Is My Best Fit

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justalitnerdxx View Post
    @asd here’s bits from my report

Installation (activity orientation)
    Ethics is more than logic
    If to judge by mimicry, the respondent has a large range of feelings. She describes herself in the interview as a very sensitive person. For example she worries a lot if she is accused of not giving the right service.
    Her emotions are positive. First of all, friendly and peace-loving. She can't be aggressive. She knows how to sympathize with people. Hardly endures bad relations, especially conflicts. She can cry in such situations.
    However, she hides her inner anxiety behind a smile. She understands and appreciates jokes and has a sense of humor. Easy and charming in communication. For this she is loved by little kids.

Intuition is more than sensing
    The respondent has a developed imagination. When answering, her eyes go up, which is often the case for people with visual thinking capable to see bright images. This is fully consistent with the fact that Jennifer often dreams about how her life could have turned out differently or about the places she would like to visit.
    Her passion for historical literature and science fiction demonstrates her intuition. She is able to anticipate the occurrence of certain events by small, barely visible signs. She also has an intuitive lack of control over the use of material objects.
    Jennifer is a curious person, open to change. But at the same time, she has a lot of problems with weak sensing - lack of pragmatism and realism in her intentions and actions. In her opinion she needs to be periodically returned from heaven to earth. Of course, she needs support and protection from sensory types.
    The ethics coupled with intuition gives the humanitarian-artistic setup for the activity.

Temperament
    Introversion is more than extraversion
    The respondent describes herself as a modest and even shy person who behaves lively and emotionally only among his close friends or those whom she trusts. Indeed, her inner world of ideas and feelings is much richer than external activity. This behavior is typical for introverts.
    In addition, a couple of mental functions, which are most visible in her preferences (intuition of time and ethics of relationships), also have an introverted orientation. These are functions that anticipate the danger and avoid hard collisions, soften the situation, rather than active pressure to solve problems quickly. Introverts are usually inferior to extroverts in energy.

Irrationality is more than rationality
    Jennifer is characterized by mood swings throughout the day. This happens to people with unbalanced and weak nervous system. But because of introversion, strangers do not see it.
    Her intuition determines her ethics. First, she perceives or visualizes an image, and then gets some feelings that form her relationship to the perceived things. This is how the psyche of irrationals (perceptive types) is organized.

In addition, her behavior is flexible and adaptive. This temperament is called receptive- adaptive in HS.

I would look into ITR and make sure you can absolutely rule out IEE/EII. I have reservations how accurately a researcher from a different culture, who doesn't speak your language, can accurately tell introversion from social anxiety disorder over a couple sessions of canned non-interactive video. Spend time with SLEs, LSEs, and SLIs. I would hate to see you get run over by an SLE if you fit better with caregivers.

Some red flags that stick out to me about this report (could just be some things lost in translation or lost in summarizing)

Ethics - IEI have to be able to handle conflict or at least charasmatic aggression to be dual of SLE. Charming little kids is one thing, keeping an SLE in a "fuck or gtfo" state of mind on his toes & at a distance you are comfortable with is another.

Intuition - This report has a disturbing lack of differentiation between Ni and Ne, as if he's relying on temperament instead of content. Introverted intuition is not just intuition in an introvert. I know that Gulenko knows this, but this report doesn't indicate how much he went into sussing out Ni vs Ne. Don't have time to watch all your videos. Did you retell your "daydream stories"?

Temperament as Introversion/Extroversion - I know shy ILEs who live completely in their heads, and their inner world is richer than external, so this criteria seems iffy. Jung introversion is orientation of libido, not temperament.

Irrationality - (This seems like an odd way of testing this, but again I don't have time to watch all the videos atm.) EIE have mood swings throughout the day and theyre rational. Second, IEI's mood swings are obvious. Their facial expressions are obvious. Not only are they obvious, they are infectious. And even more than that, IEI are easily infected by the moods of others and will mirror it back to you. Do you find yourself doing that?

So yea, if it doesn't fit, I would take a closer look. Don't let anyone sell you on theory without verifying through real-life interaction. Who can you most be yourself around? Who makes little sense to you?

Edit; I see you posted an example of what you might daydream about. I'd start with Delta

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I revisited your vids. I can not really see you as rational type. In terms of being EII you state very little, you lack stern sympathy/antipathy responses. You tell a lot about perceptions that have clear interpretational quality. SEIs seem to say things related to bodily experiences you do not instead of that a focus goes to mental life. I think IEI fits.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the report didn’t break down the reasoning aside from temperament (so Introvert rather than Extrovert, Irrational over Rational, Ethical over Logical, Intuitive over Sensor). I was hoping for there to be a function breakdown but there wasn’t one provided.

I think my Mum is an Alpha SF actually - I’m not sure if she’s SEI or ESE. Maybe energy wise I’d consider she’s more Fe creative than Fe as a lead. I think my Dad is an ST, either LSI or SLI.

Value wise I think our family is quite drawn to Alpha and Delta ideals. I personally haven’t related much to Beta values but then again I may have had them all wrong.
    I've known IEIs with Alpha/Delta family values too, but you don't remind me of them. You remind me of Delta NF. If Gulenko don't even provide a differentiation between Information Elements I wouldn't take his typing of you too seriously. I'd expect him being able to give you as you well said, a reasoning to support the IEs he thinks you have beyond basic dichotomies. Also his description seems rather generic. So if you think you don't fit with IEI you don't have to stick up with his typing.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Just a thought, and not meaning to be preachy for any reason in particular, but most people think types fall into quadras and dichotomies and certain preconceptions. If beta seems like a bad fit, but Gulenko thinks you are, then that's more likely to be plausible. I know this seems counter-intuitive and non-sensical (and I guess in a way it is), but to state the obvious, people are not so one-dimensional that typing is 100% concrete or always easy to make sense of and that's also why the forum can and will never agree on anything and why any analysis will always fall short to some degree. And you seem like the type of person that is okay with not having to have answers to everything, which is why I'm saying this.

So anyway, if in ten years or so, after getting to know a lot of people and thinking about it yourself, if you start to decide on something that feels concrete and real, maybe come back and say what you think, I'm always curious about this stuff for some reason and it's more interesting to see what people learn later on...
    you aren’t being preachy at all. This is good advice; I have stressed previously about the lack of consensus on definitions and typings but now coming to the frame of mind that everyone has a different understanding and take on things. I thankfully feel less flustered by the conflicting views and yes, approaching this all with a curious frame of mind though I know with time comes understanding

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    I would look into ITR and make sure you can absolutely rule out IEE/EII. I have reservations how accurately a researcher from a different culture, who doesn't speak your language, can accurately tell introversion from social anxiety disorder over a couple sessions of canned non-interactive video. Spend time with SLEs, LSEs, and SLIs. I would hate to see you get run over by an SLE if you fit better with caregivers.

Some red flags that stick out to me about this report (could just be some things lost in translation or lost in summarizing)

Ethics - IEI have to be able to handle conflict or at least charasmatic aggression to be dual of SLE. Charming little kids is one thing, keeping an SLE in a "fuck or gtfo" state of mind on his toes & at a distance you are comfortable with is another.

Intuition - This report has a disturbing lack of differentiation between Ni and Ne, as if he's relying on temperament instead of content. Introverted intuition is not just intuition in an introvert. I know that Gulenko knows this, but this report doesn't indicate how much he went into sussing out Ni vs Ne. Don't have time to watch all your videos. Did you retell your "daydream stories"?

Temperament as Introversion/Extroversion - I know shy ILEs who live completely in their heads, and their inner world is richer than external, so this criteria seems iffy. Jung introversion is orientation of libido, not temperament.

Irrationality - (This seems like an odd way of testing this, but again I don't have time to watch all the videos atm.) EIE have mood swings throughout the day and theyre rational. Second, IEI's mood swings are obvious. Their facial expressions are obvious. Not only are they obvious, they are infectious. And even more than that, IEI are easily infected by the moods of others and will mirror it back to you. Do you find yourself doing that?

So yea, if it doesn't fit, I would take a closer look. Don't let anyone sell you on theory without verifying through real-life interaction. Who can you most be yourself around? Who makes little sense to you?

Edit; I see you posted an example of what you might daydream about. I'd start with Delta
    That was a majority of the report I copied and pasted, just not the part about my subtype or the beginning opening as to how my type/subtype was clear. I have wondered if there has been lost in translation issues. You’re right; I’m sure a cutesy kid is totally different to an SLE! And I was concerned at the lack of clarification on functions in the report. I mean, Intuition comes in different flavours. An Alpha NT is different to a Gamma NT who are different to a Beta NF and a Delta NF. It just to me seemed a bit more vague than what I was expecting but then again, maybe it’s such a simplistic methodology and typing by temperament is more reliable? I don’t know.

Actually in terms of moods of others, I will become anxious if they’re upset, sad if they’re sad, feel peaceful if they’re happy. But I’m not sure I’m feeling the exact same thing they are. I mean,‘I could be uneasy at the negative emotions too because I don’t want conflict or drama to occur ��*♀️

Thank you for your feedback anyways

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I've known IEIs with Alpha/Delta family values too, but you don't remind me of them. You remind me of Delta NF. If Gulenko don't even provide a differentiation between Information Elements I wouldn't take his typing of you too seriously. I'd expect him being able to give you as you well said, a reasoning to support the IEs he thinks you have beyond basic dichotomies. Also his description seems rather generic. So if you think you don't fit with IEI you don't have to stick up with his typing.
    that’s really interesting that you’ve known IEIs with similar family make ups yet they’re different to me. Do you mind me asking if you have any examples as to the differences? Earlier in this thread (I can’t remember who commented it now, sorry!) it was said that I have a more innocent vibe and not an edge that IEIs don’t have . That said, I’m sure I come across as a swamp goblin stammering mess which is above and beyond typology ��

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Lamiac 007 View Post
    I revisited your vids. I can not really see you as rational type. In terms of being EII you state very little, you lack stern sympathy/antipathy responses. You tell a lot about perceptions that have clear interpretational quality. SEIs seem to say things related to bodily experiences you do not instead of that a focus goes to mental life. I think IEI fits.
    Oh thank you for taking the time to watch the videos and give your opinion

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that’s really interesting that you’ve known IEIs with similar family make ups yet they’re different to me. Do you mind me asking if you have any examples as to the differences? Earlier in this thread (I can’t remember who commented it now, sorry!) it was said that I have a more innocent vibe and not an edge that IEIs don’t have . That said, I’m sure I come across as a swamp goblin stammering mess which is above and beyond typology ��
    Some XEI can have an innocent vibe too, I’ve seen it. It’s a different kind of expression though despite the same innocence. Ni+Fe can give people this eloquence or ‘flair’ if you will that doesn’t come across as spontaneous in keeping with Ne but almost “accented”/unspontaneous (in the sense that the Ni world is more stable and although it develops “it’s been there” for a while as opposed to the fleeting nature of Ne inspired imagery) but I don’t mean to say the innocence is fake. Just that yeah types can be innocent but the vibe that Fe types give me is still different.

edit: this distinction may not always hold true for XEIs.
    Last edited by necrosebud; 12-12-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comatose Lamiac 007 View Post
    I also see her as irrational even when I rewatch but I wonder if gulenko’s analysis might have biased me lol. @OP what do you think about IEE? I actually wondered about that in the other Gulenko forum members types thread when you first responded to me. But you seemed to have been vacillating between EII and IEI for a while so I thought perhaps you relate more to introversion and so I didn’t mention IEE again here.

oh and here’s another one https://www.sociotype.com/tools/type-comparison/EII-IEE
    Last edited by necrosebud; 12-12-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I’m sure I come across as a swamp goblin stammering mess which is above and beyond typology
    Typology here is Socionics - by Jung and Augustinavichiute. While a mess is Gulenko's theoretical fantasies.

You've noticed IEI is not your type. Seems it's hard for you to switch to other type - more correct one. So you've done a step - changed J/P, chose Si value. Now you need to go further - to understand that your type is not Fi, not Fi valued and closer to T.
    To understand what functions are your valued and stronger help IR with people IRL.

You may use IR theory to understand own type. Or do unreasonable flooding with noobs on forums, the approach which leaded you to doubt in own type for years.

TIM
    Type FML
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    I also see her as irrational even when I rewatch but I wonder if gulenko’s analysis might have biased me lol. @OP what do you think about IEE? I actually wondered about that in the other Gulenko forum members types thread when you first responded to me. But you seemed to have been vacillating between EII and IEI for a while so I thought perhaps you relate more to introversion and so I didn’t mention IEE again here.

oh and here’s another one https://www.sociotype.com/tools/type-comparison/EII-IEE

I haven’t really considered IEE. Whilst I do have social anxiety I believe energy levels im more introvert. I regain energy alone. I find comfort in my own musings and own space. That’s just my comprehension anyways but definitely food for thought, thank you :3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12