Thread: What sorts of hobbies/interests do y'all SLEs have?

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What sorts of hobbies/interests do y'all SLEs have?

I'd love to interact with more SLEs in the wild, but I'm not sure where the best place is to find them other than just guessing based on what seems Se-ish. Any insights on this or interesting hobbies you might not be immediately expected to have? Of course feel free to respond if you aren't SLE yourself but know one well enough that you could share something about this! I'm not expecting anyone to have direct experience with this, but if somehow you do then in particular I'd love to know where to find them in Japan lol

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could find more than average in circles where there's a combination of competitiveness, adrenaline, fast movement, especially young ones. In case of more dangerous sports, things where you are fully in control of the situation and not highly dependent on luck or others. More focus on brute force than finesse, but also focus on technology. Gyms, martial arts, contact sports, racing sort of things.

However don't discount the fact that an interest in "nerdier" things is also common. In addition to stuff like cars and electronics it's not at all uncommon with interest in things like science fiction, fantasy, role-playing games (focus on the hack'n'slash and exciting settings, not acting) and all kinds of fast-paced shooter games. More interest in technological and dark settings like post-apocalyptic, military, cyberpunk than medieval ones unless they're epic and focus on more muscle than magic. In nerdier circles, look for the ones that don't look like typical nerds when it comes to clothing and physical presence, they're often the beta ST that are drawn in by the combo of Ni and Ti. Many also like industrial music, death metal and black metal but rarely dress the part.
    Last edited by Northstar; 04-22-2021 at 11:00 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't speak for all SLEs but I dig hiking & meeting stray animals. Otherwise, I like driving fast & building crap for my cats.

Animals are awesome. They're free, maximize their physical gifts & make great extreme athletes.

So, basically, you're on the right track. Can't forget about paintball either

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

disclaimer that people don’t usually agree on a type and I’m never 100% sure myself, but many think my SO is SLE (some, LSE or other)

he spends most of his time working (self employed) and never has days he considers ‘off days’. He pretty much starts working at whatever time he wants and quits working when he wants, which is around the same times usually, but never the same. He would never just sit around the house all day doing something unproductive, even when he’s extremely sick, he still try’s to do something. I would say his motto is. ‘Got to get shit done’. Some days he mixes his work days sprinkled with his hobbies, and all of his hobbies seem to also be money making ventures. also, he hates being indoors.

he spends a lot of time trying to find cars or car parts on eBay. Sometimes we will travel to go pick them up and where they are, we will go on a mini vacation wherever it is (he likes fly fishing, hiking, nature). Then he takes the cars apart, and does whatever the hell he does. Restore them lol, does a lot of grinding and welding and whatever else in his barn. Then sometimes he sells them. Or flips them. So in the barn or at random out in the middle of nowhere places that sell cars and parts from 60’s and 70’s, random people’s house.

he’s also into guns. He knows all about them. How to build them, how to take them apart, their history, names...whatever (right over my head). He spends time at gun shops chit chatting with the gun shop owners a lot because he’s buddy buddy with them and has considers turning his hobby into owning a gun shop eventually or having a booth at gun shows (which he also goes to). So at a gun shop or gun shows

he also like to frequent Cabellas. He’s probably outside or in the barn 75% of the time.

he also loves to fly planes, has his own plane, and is learning all about them. He just got his private pilot license and now wants to get certified to be able to work on his own plane (airplane mechanic) because it’s cheaper, planes cost a lot of money to fix, and he’s weird and likes that kind of stuff lol. And he wants to get his CFI license, also, which is to become a flight instructor, as a side thing (to teach people how to fly). So, at the airport or in the sky.

he also likes to lift and work out every other day or so and has a work out room.

he’s interested in religion a lot (likes reading the Bible and learning about it), conspiracy theories, politics, history, architecture, the beauty of nature, art (likes art museums but doesn’t go to them often), very interested in traveling and extreme stuff (like sky diving). Recently got his scuba diving license and likes that a lot.

he plans to get the car he’s currently working on done, so we can go on some road trip across the USA he had planned, planning to do the same on a motorcycle. Lots of driving and sight seeing.
    Last edited by Aster; 04-24-2021 at 03:24 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aster: seems like a very clear SLE to me. my sister's boyfriend is an SLE-D. he works for the police, and is pretty much every day at the gym.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An SLE that’s a cop is actually just an LSE, trust me- I have not met an SLE that wasn’t a major cop hater.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flames View Post
    An SLE that’s a cop is actually just an LSE, trust me- I have not met an SLE that wasn’t a major cop hater.
    ah yes, millions of SLE dislike this very common job that requires Se.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    (self employed)

he’s interested in religion a lot (likes reading the Bible and learning about it), conspiracy theories, politics, history, architecture, the beauty of nature, art (likes art museums but doesn’t go to them often), very interested in traveling and extreme stuff (like sky diving). Recently got his scuba diving license and likes that a lot.
    I was going to say he sounds very Ej to me in some parts but the bolded s sufficient for SLE... but it’s still a bit ambiguous because even in the bolded I can see arguments for Se seeking Ni or Te seeking Fi... In your photos together, you both look aristocratic and rational, though.
    Last edited by flames; 04-24-2021 at 10:34 PM. Reason: word

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    ah yes, millions of SLE dislike this very common job that requires Se.
    I mean... they do lol.

Fuck the police.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol my SO and I both can’t stand cops either I can’t see him being one. On the other hand, I’m sure there are cops that are SLE. I mean there are only 16 types and a lot of people in this world. Lots of variety. Some people fit the ‘stereotypes’ better that circulate around here a lot more than others.

edit: well I don’t want to say I hate all cops and they arent necessary, because they are. And I know some, some really great people. But in general, not a fan . It just seems when people become cops, they all start developing this certain attitude that’s a bit of a turn off, if you know what I mean?
    Last edited by Aster; 04-24-2021 at 07:50 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol my SO and I both can’t stand cops either I can’t see him being one. On the other hand, I’m sure there are cops that are SLE. I mean there are only 16 types and a lot of people in this world. Lots of variety. Some people fit the ‘stereotypes’ better that circulate around here a lot more than others.

edit: well I don’t want to say I hate all cops and they arent necessary, because they are. And I know some, some really great people. But in general, not a fan . It just seems when people become cops, they all start developing this certain attitude that’s a bit of a turn off, if you know what I mean?
    Well then, I welcome you as an honorary Beta.

I have an idea of my own taking off from the bolded:

I believe that it is because it is a broken system or better known as a cult, even if you go in innocent they indoctrinate you into Piggy. Lol I guess you can tell I’m more of an All Cops type.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aster Your husband sounds pretty badass. Planes, scuba, guns, skydiving - he sounds like a walking adventure. I love it!
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@flames Yeah there's definitely a couple LSE-sounding bits in there, but I think stepping back and looking at the whole picture of him aster painted, it's pretty clear that he's an Se/Ti ego I think. My sister is LSE, and while she shares the work-ethic, there's a notable lack of focus on Se for her. She's not a big fan of being outdoors just for the sake of being outside, and was almost always the first to express her discomfort whenever my family would go on camping trips or hikes. The focus for her is very clearly on Si comfort
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Northstar so happy to hear they're likely to share my taste in music

I should really find a place to practice martial arts here. Before COVID hit I was going to kendo club with my students after work, but that was when we had two native English speakers teaching in my city and I had the time to do that. The other teacher has since retired and his replacement is stuck in the US still so I got super busy and stopped going to kendo classes since they were immediately after work and I just can't get home and change in time except for the rare occasions I'm at that particular school. I should see if there's something nearby that starts at a better time for me.

As far as nerdier things I've definitely noticed that too! One of the SLEs I knew in high school was really into reading action-packed adventure/fantasy novels and considered herself one of the nerds despite being a total redneck and very clearly an Se ego type
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ILI-HN ?
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an SLE buddy who values ​​Law & Order, respect for authority and police ect...
    An SLE policeman / who respects the police seems quite consistent with Ti and Se valuing

TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend likes to spend money on women for his other friend... he just likes to spend money. He paid for a helicopter ride for himself just to prove he doesn’t need me or anyone around.

Now his getting addicted to weed!!
    If they ever tryna neck, I'll put my foot up in your caca
    Call your mama and your papa
    Like I'm finna take your dadda
    Turn that bitch into a soccer ball and rocka, rocka, rocka (brrr)
    Get into it like a suit
    And fuck a stack up like a broker

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

disclaimer that people don’t usually agree on a type and I’m never 100% sure myself, but many think my SO is SLE (some, LSE or other)

he spends most of his time working (self employed) and never has days he considers ‘off days’. He pretty much starts working at whatever time he wants and quits working when he wants, which is around the same times usually, but never the same. He would never just sit around the house all day doing something unproductive, even when he’s extremely sick, he still try’s to do something. I would say his motto is. ‘Got to get shit done’. Some days he mixes his work days sprinkled with his hobbies, and all of his hobbies seem to also be money making ventures. also, he hates being indoors.

he spends a lot of time trying to find cars or car parts on eBay. Sometimes we will travel to go pick them up and where they are, we will go on a mini vacation wherever it is (he likes fly fishing, hiking, nature). Then he takes the cars apart, and does whatever the hell he does. Restore them lol, does a lot of grinding and welding and whatever else in his barn. Then sometimes he sells them. Or flips them. So in the barn or at random out in the middle of nowhere places that sell cars and parts from 60’s and 70’s, random people’s house.

he’s also into guns. He knows all about them. How to build them, how to take them apart, their history, names...whatever (right over my head). He spends time at gun shops chit chatting with the gun shop owners a lot because he’s buddy buddy with them and has considers turning his hobby into owning a gun shop eventually or having a booth at gun shows (which he also goes to). So at a gun shop or gun shows

he also like to frequent Cabellas. He’s probably outside or in the barn 75% of the time.

he also loves to fly planes, has his own plane, and is learning all about them. He just got his private pilot license and now wants to get certified to be able to work on his own plane (airplane mechanic) because it’s cheaper, planes cost a lot of money to fix, and he’s weird and likes that kind of stuff lol. And he wants to get his CFI license, also, which is to become a flight instructor, as a side thing (to teach people how to fly). So, at the airport or in the sky.

he also likes to lift and work out every other day or so and has a work out room.

he plans to get the car he’s currently working on done, so we can go on some road trip across the USA he had planned, planning to do the same on a motorcycle. Lots of driving and sight seeing.
    damn, that is amazing! Your SO is a fuckin certified badass.. respect!
    This gives me ideas..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm SLE. I like to have a combination of physical and non physical interests.

Physically, I like to pay a lot of my attention to my fitness. Make sure to run and lift weights, I like boxing a lot. I like swimming, surfing is pretty fun too. I really like being out in nature and I like to go on hikes. I wanna try skydiving some day. I like to go to the shooting range. I have a lot in common with the SLE mentioned earlier actually, curiously, because I do want to get my pilot's license one day (though I've never flown a plane before), and I really like cars and want to be able to mod them when I get my own.

I also like to play guitar and produce music, I like the typical stuff like video games, I enjoy coming up with ideas for my own games or movies. I like to read up on my interests, history, science, particularly Ancient Rome. Trying to learn German. I also like to develop my own philosophy and discuss philosophy with others.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some SLEs like social dancing and they can become quite good. It's technical and also a good way to refine the Se.

As dancers they are maybe a little mechanical in threir movements. On the other hand their physical-technical prescense is outstanding.

But many types can be into dancing so it's maybe not that special.

The salsa community is very beta values
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)