Thread: What's My Type

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's My Type

People have come and gone with fresh faces aplenty. It has been years since I last actively participated here. I suppose it's time for another round of What's My Type and VI with a handful of new pictures from my past few years.

Triple_Rock_Brewery_Event_zpscb2ef567.jpg

9819_690927798695_722122983_n_zpsae7dbdc4.jpg

16195_4001418241408_325645128_n2_zps561a4fb8.jpg

315554_10100392886444238_327693588_n_zpsb2d1860f.jpg
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Hmmm a drinking type...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, in a manner. The first picture was at an experimental beer tasting event involving local microbreweries. The second was at a Napa winery.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Ne creative eyes, Alpha sort of facial expressions.

Not Beta, not Gamma.

I'd be inclined to say Ti-INTj.

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akward pose (a bit dorky) -> intuition favoured, introversion partially favoured.
    Natural expression of emotions. Neither expansive nor in a potentially explosive way. "I just want to be happy" -> alpha favoured (versus beta).
    Smile characteristic of logical types. Asymmetrical, restrained. Emotions do not simply "pour" from your inside, but are subdued.

Absence of visible or latent dominance -> Ne valued, probably in ego.

You seem to be quite comfortable in those pictures, whereas logical introverts are by average less comfortable in front of a camera. I would say ILE-Ti if your pose werent't so "dorky" (no offense intended) favouring then introversion besides intuition. I also remember your older posts being usually very concise, which is a LII (versus ILE) behavior.

I guess that an über-serious face in front of a chamera could be more evident in Fe-PoLR users (or even role). Thinking about myself, I have serious troubles for smiling in photos (except when I'm a euphoric, which is rare), regardless what type I could be.

So LII seems to be your type. No tint of anger or internal conflict, so I would discard E1.
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 05-27-2014 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII-Ne

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

maybe i'm biased by the answers already in this thread, but yea...LII

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post
    Akward pose (a bit dorky) -> intuition favoured, introversion partially favoured.
    Natural expression of emotions. Neither expansive nor in a potentially explosive way. "I just want to be happy" -> alpha favoured (versus beta).
    Smile characteristic of logical types. Asymmetrical, restrained. Emotions do not simply "pour" from your inside, but are subdued.

Absence of visible or latent dominance -> Ne valued, probably in ego.

You seem to be quite comfortable in those pictures, whereas logical introverts are by average less comfortable in front of a camera. I would say ILE-Ti if your pose werent't so "dorky" (no offense intended) favouring then introversion besides intuition. I also remember your older posts being usually very concise, which is a LII (versus ILE) behavior.

I guess that an über-serious face in front of a chamera could be more evident in Fe-PoLR users (or even role). Thinking about myself, I have serious troubles for smiling in photos (except when I'm a euphoric, which is rare), regardless what type I could be.

So LII seems to be your type. No tint of anger or internal conflict, so I would discard E1.
    No offense taken. I appreciate the analysis. I recall people having thrown out ILE, LIE, and LSI as possible alternative types several years ago, so I wanted to give it another go with more up-to-date pictures and representations of myself.

Thanks, everyone who has posted so far.

Anyone else want to weigh in their thoughts?
    Johari Box

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    I recall people having thrown out ILE, LIE, and LSI as possible alternative types several years ago
    ILE could be a reasonable alternative typing, the other two not so much. You seem (at least in those pictures) "happy in an alpha style" if this makes any sense (valuing happines as a goal itself, not as the reward). LSI (also Fe valuers) can have this, but being beta their emotionality is ... different. They ooze more internal tension, and even in the more self-controlled and relaxed the emotional flux is not so lassiez-fare, so to speak.

LIEs have always a more scheming aura. Some LIIs also have this, but when they're in this mode their introversion becomes very apparent in a "don't touch me while I'm thinking, reality" way, positioning themselves at far distance (their minds are not here). When LIEs do think, they do not withdraw (not in that degree, at least) but they are more like diggesting reality, looking at things (even ideas) from a closer psychological distance. Their minds are still here.

The most happily relaxed (for comparison with you), lassiez-fare LIEs would probably be E7 (7w6, specifically). Extroverts with an assertive enneagram will project much more dominance (not agression, but "here I am" sense) in those pictures. Feynman could be a good example of this LIE+E7 combo (some people think he was EIE, I disagree).

All of this is very subjective of course. But VI is indeed very subjective so...

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    People have come and gone with fresh faces aplenty. It has been years since I last actively participated here. I suppose it's time for another round of What's My Type and VI with a handful of new pictures from my past few years.

Triple_Rock_Brewery_Event_zpscb2ef567.jpg

9819_690927798695_722122983_n_zpsae7dbdc4.jpg

16195_4001418241408_325645128_n2_zps561a4fb8.jpg

315554_10100392886444238_327693588_n_zpsb2d1860f.jpg
    LII with creepy red balloons

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    LII with creepy red balloons
    That photo was at a friend's birthday party a few years ago. I do not, in fact, have balloons.
    Johari Box

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't like to VI but these don't contradict your self-typing I don't think! you probably look too serene to be LSI. Rick would probably say your haircut and style of dress are indicative of a judging type...you probably also have a fastidious appearance that would rule out SEI for example. But if I was guessing from scratch, I'm the sort of person who'd have about 10 types in mind and probably still be wrong.

TIM
    ISTp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you look like someone who I would either think to be ENTP, or a wacked out crazy ENFJ. ESTJ is also possible imo, but you gotta be one eased out ESTJ.
    Jesus already saved you from hell by His Atonement (Rom. 4:7), and by His Word, which says that even the unforgivable is forgivable (James 2:13). Not that He made you perfect, since we will always have our "sin nature" (1 John 1:8), but now, both all your sins, and your "sin nature" (pride, anger, lustfulness, etc.), are covered with His Blood and atoned for (Heb. 9:12; 1 John 2:2), since the Blood of Jesus atones for everything it touches. Yes, Jesus took up "sin" of even unbelievers (1 John 2:2), but, we still need to believe these things, and to thank God that we're saved (Luke 17:17-19), to make our faith in this truth alive (James 2:13). Even just a thanks is sufficient, because thanks is also an action. And immediately your living faith will save you!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kraut View Post
    I think you look like someone who I would either think to be ENTP, or a wacked out crazy ENFJ. ESTJ is also possible imo, but you gotta be one eased out ESTJ.
    Okay. I haven't heard those two before.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that you're smiling/laughing in the photos. Clearly Fe-valuing. I buy LII for intuitive reasons...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get Carl Sagan vibes from you. Whatever type Carl Sagan is.