View Poll Results: what type is Elon Musk?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

15 18.99%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

3 3.80%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 1.27%
  • LSI (ISTj)

17 21.52%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 1.27%
  • ILI (INTp)

8 10.13%
  • LIE (ENTj)

35 44.30%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Your understanding of LSI seems superficial at best. Unlike Fe valuers, Te leads don't know how to be funny except by accident.
    Your understanding of Te lead types seems superficial at best. There are many Te lead comedians plus ironic jokes are actually more natural for Te types.
    Not only did you not consider that the definition of "funny" can differ from person to person, but also you did not read my comment correctly.
    I didn't write LSIs aren't funny. I wrote LSIs don't "try to be funny" on Twitter.
    Plus by "creativity" I meant "Ne creativity". In case you forgot, this is a socionics forum. It is obvious to me that Musk has strength in Ne.
    His favorite book as a youngster was The hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy from which he derived the meaning of life for him.
    My father is LSI, he makes a lot of political jokes which many people don't find funny. I find him funny.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Your understanding of Te lead types seems superficial at best. There are many Te lead comedians plus ironic jokes are actually more natural for Te types.
    Not only did you not consider that the definition of "funny" can differ from person to person, but also you did not read my comment correctly.
    I didn't write LSIs aren't funny. I wrote LSIs don't "try to be funny" on Twitter.
    Plus by "creativity" I meant "Ne creativity". In case you forgot, this is a socionics forum. It is obvious to me that Musk has strength in Ne.
    His favorite book as a youngster was The hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy from which he derived the meaning of life for him.
    My father is LSI, he makes a lot of political jokes which many people don't find funny. I find him funny.
    I read it just fine, the choice of words was part of the point. Your choice of "trying to be funny" implies you don't find him funny, which is to be expected for a Te/Fi valuer since Musk's humor is Ti/Fe.

I don't agree on "Ne creativity" - most of the ideas are obvious technical mprovements, the magic ingredient is boldness and driving force. Such as daring to start a private space agency and build sporty electric cars. We built a fast electric go-kart already in university with a LSI friend before the Tesla Roadster came out, the performance benefits were obvious. The battery tech just wasn't there before, but that's not Musk's invention either.

So his meaning of life is 42, really? Does reading those books mean someone is Ne? Most often I've seen LII's use that joke.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read it just fine, the choice of words was part of the point. Your choice of "trying to be funny" implies you don't find him funny, which is to be expected for a Te/Fi valuer since Musk's humor is Ti/Fe.
    Yes my choice of words were intentional, Musk's activity on Twitter is unlike anyone else for a person in his position. He is intentionally trying to seem cool by trying to be funny and chill there and by this strengthening his public figure and attracting the young generation even more to his products (which is understandable). Since I know of LSIs and SLEs whom I do find funny and as I already mentioned my own LSI father can be funny for me though not funny for many other people (think: German political type of jokes/jokes about religion), I would have to ask for examples for this to understand why would you think Ti/Fe humor is not funny for Te/Fi valuer?

Actually: my all time favorite band in my teenage years were Rammstein (Still like them a lot). Till Lindemann is definitely Beta aggressor. He writes the lyrics for the band. There are many puns and double sided jokes about religion, politics, culture and of course sex and I found it absolutely amusing.

I don't agree on "Ne creativity" - most of the ideas are obvious technical mprovements, the magic ingredient is boldness and driving force. Such as daring to start a private space agency and build sporty electric cars.
    True. There is an element of hero-like boldness. In a typology system where the LIE is called "the entrepreneur" I would question the definition of boldness here in terms of being Se related.

We built a fast electric go-kart already in university with a LSI friend before the Tesla Roadster came out, the performance benefits were obvious. The battery tech just wasn't there before, but that's not Musk's invention either.
    I don't understand how that is related? Musk is actually known to be much more of a business man than an inventor so that is no surprise at all...

So his meaning of life is 42, really? Does reading those books mean someone is Ne? Most often I've seen LII's use that joke.
    From personal experience, the books LSIs I have known read are more "realistic". They seem uninterested in reading many overly fantasy-based books and merely theoretical articles. "so what?/ what now?" is the question I have heard them ask when there is a debate on overly theoretical matters. I bought "Life 3.0" for an LSI friend and he still hasn't read it after many years; told me it's a nerdy book.

BTW when I was writing about "creativity vs LSI" in my previous comment, I was honestly thinking about @golden 's footer about Pinterest vs LSI

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a surprise actually how much LSI and LIE have in common despite all the differences, does anyone know of a thread for this?

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes my choice of words were intentional, Musk's activity on Twitter is unlike anyone else for a person in his position. He is intentionally trying to seem cool by trying to be funny and chill there and by this strengthening his public figure and attracting the young generation even more to his products (which is understandable). Since I know of LSIs and SLEs whom I do find funny and as I already mentioned my own LSI father can be funny for me though not funny for many other people (think: German political type of jokes/jokes about religion), I would have to ask for examples for this to understand why would you think Ti/Fe humor is not funny for Te/Fi valuer?

Actually: my all time favorite band in my teenage years were Rammstein (Still like them a lot). Till Lindemann is definitely Beta aggressor. He writes the lyrics for the band. There are many puns and double sided jokes about religion, politics, culture and of course sex and I found it absolutely amusing.

True. There is an element of hero-like boldness. In a typology system where the LIE is called "the entrepreneur" I would question the definition of boldness here in terms of being Se related.

I don't understand how that is related? Musk is actually known to be much more of a business man than an inventor so that is no surprise at all...

From personal experience, the books LSIs I have known read are more "realistic". They seem uninterested in reading many overly fantasy-based books and merely theoretical articles. "so what?/ what now?" is the question I have heard them ask when there is a debate on overly theoretical matters. I bought "Life 3.0" for an LSI friend and he still hasn't read it after many years; told me it's a nerdy book.
    I don't think he just tries to seem cool, it's just being himself and not caring if it's perceived as non-serious. I never thought about attracting the young generation but that viewpoint could have some merit. I just think he's enjoying himself, though, and that is just a happy byproduct. It causes issues with "serious people" just as much so I don't think it's a conscious strategy.
    I do think that many LIE actually are funny, with all that Gamma bluntness and vitriol. Saying that Ti/Fe humor not being funny for Te/Fi valuers was more just pushing buttons than a truly serious argument. Humor is a bit more complex than that.

Se HA vs. Se creative or Ni HA vs. Ni creative is the question here. Obviously he has to be pretty good at both, which makes typing successful people a bit harder. I think it is Se creative driven by a Ni vision and not the other way around.

I'm saying that no strong Ne is required to come up with these inventions. And I don't like too theoretical articles either, but it's not a problem at all to get into scifi or fantasy. For Ti, the important part is that the fantasy/scifi-world is internally consistent, not if it is realistic in our world. Starting to blend imaginary/realistic haphazardly and having no internal consistency at all is what bothers me. Having an interest in AI is not related to intuition, but might be related to intelligence.

What's a good example of Ne PoLR is to outright ignore possibilities that don't fit your current worldview or tastes, so I recognize very well that rejection of something as "nerdy" or "uninteresting" just out of prejudice. However, often I've noticed actually liking something I initially thought I would hate. Way too often the choice that I first reject (to narrow down by process of elimination) turns out to be the correct one.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's a surprise actually how much LSI and LIE have in common despite all the differences, does anyone know of a thread for this?
    There is an article by Stratiyevskaya about LSI-LIE Mirage relationships. I'm not sure it's on this site, but I think you can find it in Strat's site.

Don't be fooled by the fact that LSI's and LIE's can often be found in the same areas. They are very, very different people underneath the hood.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    There is an article by Stratiyevskaya about LSI-LIE Mirage relationships. I'm not sure it's on this site, but I think you can find it in Strat's site.

Don't be fooled by the fact that LSI's and LIE's can often be found in the same areas. They are very, very different people underneath the hood.
    Yes, Adam, you had sent the link to me some years ago: http://socionika-forever.blogspot.co...post_4283.html

But there is also this text:
    "ISTj - An ENTj may find him or her self actively undecided between the ISTj type and his or her native ENTj type. Because the sixth function of the ENTj is Se, it is not uncommon for one to confuse the second creative function (Ni) for that function. When this occurs, an ENTj may have problems deciding between those sensory and intuitive functions. In even more complex situations, an ENTj may demonstrate what appears to be a false lack of Ne, which corresponds to the fourth weakest function of the ISTj. In this instances, the way to discern between these two types and to choose the correct one is to determine whether you actively use Te or Ti. If you use Te more than you use Ti, you are an ENTj. If you use Ti more than you use Te, you could really be an ISTj."

From this link: https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-Rational-ENTj
    Under possible mistypings

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's not close types, but there is some common as: base T, Se value, J
    There was a lot on this forum about how much and often people mistake in types. Average typing match is rather low to expect good typing skills, in average.
    Also take into account that the very majority on forums has no good typing skills and uses much of random bs as a theory. Then those ones give votes and may to get anything. When you notice here that many ones agree with some type - it's much because of conformism, as people are not adopted to think themselves, having small own typing experience.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero11 View Post
    lone skum is a SEE
    Reminds me of Gluenko the LII who immediately made a video after trump was elected and typed him as SEE (I don't see him as SEE at all)
    Isn't this socionics propaganda?
    It's not a games ladies and gentlemen

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    I think some types are slightly more suited for a variety of types/compatibility. LIE could be one?
    Oh no, I don't match that description. I had fallen in love twice before knowing about socionics, both were ESI and both liked me back

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have a feeling I stole this from this site, but anyway:
    https://youtu.be/F3fylckuX8Y

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he just tries to seem cool, it's just being himself and not caring if it's perceived as non-serious. I never thought about attracting the young generation but that viewpoint could have some merit. I just think he's enjoying himself, though, and that is just a happy byproduct. It causes issues with "serious people" just as much so I don't think it's a conscious strategy.
    He named his son X Æ A-12

Do you really think this is him "being himself and enjoying life"?
    I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be staging some type of behavior to attract the youngsters but he does have some Fe role there.

Saying that Ti/Fe humor not being funny for Te/Fi valuers was more just pushing buttons than a truly serious argument. Humor is a bit more complex than that.
    that was honest of you

For Ti, the important part is that the fantasy/scifi-world is internally consistent, not if it is realistic in our world. Starting to blend imaginary/realistic haphazardly and having no internal consistency at all is what bothers me. Having an interest in AI is not related to intuition, but might be related to intelligence.
    I know two LSEs with PhD in hardware engineering and acoustics engineering. They have never met each other but the reasons they bring for not trusting AI and thinking it isn't a promising field are very similar. The reasons they bring sound like those related to Ni painful. LSI is a positivist type valuing Ni so they are, unlike LSE, usually more excited about new technologies and innovative but not yet tested ideas; however I have a hard time accepting that LSI would devote his whole life to implementing imaginary things in real life. From outside it seems to me, once someone does this (implementation of a dreamy idea), however, they are very excited and proud and happy about it and support it as much as they can.

What's a good example of Ne PoLR is to outright ignore possibilities that don't fit your current worldview or tastes, so I recognize very well that rejection of something as "nerdy" or "uninteresting" just out of prejudice. However, often I've noticed actually liking something I initially thought I would hate. Way too often the choice that I first reject (to narrow down by process of elimination) turns out to be the correct one.
    What bugs me about Musk and opens me to debate about his type is his extreme "consistency". I personally fluctuate and am not as disciplined as he is (I'm also much younger so that might be a parameter to consider). Yet, one really needs to dive into his biography to be able to figure out how much of what he has done can be considered "sisyphean labor" and how much of it is support from others. LSI has more willpower than LIE but the scope of their activities differ (the latter engages in more variety of activities with less depth)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He named his son X Æ A-12

Do you really think this is him "being himself and enjoying life"?
    I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be staging some type of behavior to attract the youngsters but he does have some Fe role there.

that was honest of you

I know two LSEs with PhD in hardware engineering and acoustics engineering. They have never met each other but the reasons they bring for not trusting AI and thinking it isn't a promising field are very similar. The reasons they bring sound like those related to Ni painful. LSI is a positivist type valuing Ni so they are, unlike LSE, usually more excited about new technologies and innovative but not yet tested ideas; however I have a hard time accepting that LSI would devote his whole life to implementing imaginary things in real life. From outside it seems to me, once someone does this (implementation of a dreamy idea), however, they are very excited and proud and happy about it and support it as much as they can.

What bugs me about Musk and opens me to debate about his type is his extreme "consistency". I personally fluctuate and am not as disciplined as he is (I'm also much younger so that might be a parameter to consider). Yet, one really needs to dive into his biography to be able to figure out how much of what he has done can be considered "sisyphean labor" and how much of it is support from others. LSI has more willpower than LIE but the scope of their activities differ (the latter engages in more variety of activities with less depth)
    Naming your son "X Æ A-12 " is so Ne and Fi-PoLR that I can't believe it. Musk has got to be ILE.

When it came time to name my own son, his mother and I considered many names. His provisional name when he was still in the oven was "Biff", or "the Biffer". But he is a person, and a person needs a name that they like and they can live with, both as a kid and as an adult. So "Poindexter" was off the table. So was "X Æ A-12 ". Naming your kid something like that just shows the world that you don't have a clue about how he's going to be seen by that world. And that you don't give a fuck about it, either.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree there is a very similar lifestyle/taste in things. Deceptively similar even. But LIE has that 4D Ne demo...... that is a big difference, lol

That's part of why I think Musk is LIE btw

The Te is also really different i.e. it's more dynamic than Ti. It has disadvantages compared to Ti ofc, but this is its advantage.

And that is the other reason why I see Musk as LIE.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naming your son "X Æ A-12 " is so Ne and Fi-PoLR that I can't believe it. Musk has got to be ILE.

When it came time to name my own son, his mother and I considered many names. His provisional name when he was still in the oven was "Biff", or "the Biffer". But he is a person, and a person needs a name that they like and they can live with, both as a kid and as an adult. So "Poindexter" was off the table. So was "X Æ A-12 ". Naming your kid something like that just shows the world that you don't have a clue about how he's going to be seen by that world. And that you don't give a fuck about it, either.
    True, now I doubt that's what he actually named his son. It might be something in line with "we don't want press attention to our lives so much" "we want to complicate things for fun to keep people wondering and guessing" "we want attention without seeking attention, without revealing about our personal lives"
    This came to mind after reading @Taffy 's comment

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE-Ni>ILE-Ne, definitely not LSI

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE-Fi, possibly LIE-Ni

TIM
    ILE-Ne SX/SP 5w6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grimes (the mother) is ILE-Ne. His other kids names are Griffin, Kai, Saxon, Damian, and Xavier, which are normal enough.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"X Æ A-12" or not, that kid's gonna end up doing a lot of drugs.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    If he is not pioneer LIE, I don't know who is. (I' know very similar person. In away we essentially just tried to understand each other's humor a lot of similarities in terms of potential but went into different directions.)
    *years later*

Steve Jobs is bro. Elon is ILE.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulat0ry View Post
    the contrast between format of interview(er) makes something apparent to me, which is that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wFs_bWK7zk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE4iFYqi4QU

when provided with space to gradually unravel his thoughts Musk looks most comfortable "that's a good question"

answering questions: even if he begins with an affirmative statement, this will be followed up by "if this, then that ...but if that, then this" ..."but it depends on (x)"

or he will describe a series of events and appear to discover himself in the process of doing so, ending a dialogue with something like "yeah... so essentially , drive overrides fear ... But it (fear) is kind of annoying. I wish I felt it less" -> https://youtu.be/FE4iFYqi4QU?t=968
    It's something that has made his typing apparent to me as well. What you're talking about is the nascent form of if/then/else thought flow of the Dialectic-Algorithmic thinking style. Musk engages in it, but then he becomes uncertain of himself since this is his dual style that he himself has little means to pull it off. So he gets lost, being of Casual-Determinist type. This is something that squarely rules out him being of an LIE type and places him within process dyads.

"In speech it often uses syntactic constructions "if-then-else", the predictive branches of a developing process. Within limits, the Dialectic strives to find an intermediate point of dynamic equilibrium between contrasting extremes. Dialectical cognition is born from the colliding flow and counterflow of thought, the consciousness and unconsciousness. Thinkers of this style are characterized by an express inclination towards the synthesis of opposites, the removal of contradictions, which they so keenly perceive." - cog styles

^ This is what Musk is attempting, and hey may be one day some EIE will hear his call, and then he won't have to name his kids of the sort X Æ A-Xii.

answering questions: even if he begins with an affirmative statement, this will be followed up by "if this, then that ...but if that, then this" ..."but it depends on (x)"
    For comparison, this is what an LSI (CD type) wrote about his thinking style:

"There is like a flowchart in my mind. Every single possible if-then statement is recorded and stored in my brain and I have an amazing memory for it. My plans for the future can be written in C++ format if I wanted. (If I get this job, I will stay for 6 months. Else I will find a new job & work on my real estate liscence simultaneously). When I was younger, interacting with people was a huge flowchart for me, because I had no emotional intelligence (and it is debatable if I still do). I would make a complete flowchart in my mind so I could control the interaction and know exactly how a person was going to react so I wouldn't get my feelings hurt. For example, I would plan an entire interaction in my mind, "I'm going to say "hi, how are you?" her possible responses will be: nothing, something non-commital, and something engaging. If the person says nothing, I will try again and stop conversation if they don't respond. If the person says something non-committal, I'll leave. If the person says something engaging, I will start such-and-such topics of conversation with him or her: X, Y, Z." - LSI"

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another video.

Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was reading an article on Tesla this morning (https://www.wsj.com/articles/believe...ng-11610623762) which shows that Tesla stock alone has basically doubled the value of the entire auto industry (from $800B to $1.6T) in two years.

Along with bitcoin, "not a bubble. Not a bubble."

What are people buying into?

The Second Coming

By William Butler Yeats

Turning and turning in the widening gyre

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;

Surely the Second Coming is at hand.

The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out

When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi

Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert

A shape with lion body and the head of a man,

A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,

Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it

Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again; but now I know

That twenty centuries of stony sleep

Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,

Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Incidentally, this was written over 100 years ago, in 1919.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-D

William Butler Yeats - IEI
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading an article on Tesla this morning (https://www.wsj.com/articles/believe...ng-11610623762) which shows that Tesla stock alone has basically doubled the value of the entire auto industry (from $800B to $1.6T) in two years.

The Second Coming

By William Butler Yeats

Turning and turning in the widening gyre

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;

Surely the Second Coming is at hand.

The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out

When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi

Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert

A shape with lion body and the head of a man,

A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,

Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it

Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again; but now I know

That twenty centuries of stony sleep

Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,

Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Incidentally, this was written over 100 years ago, in 1919.
    Dude, I don't know. But I've made so much money off this stock during the Pandemic. And I'm planning to cash out at the end of the month for a long term gain because you are right, it's a damn bubble, the price makes no sense for the earnings and earnings potential, and I've learned not to be a "stupid greedy" when it comes to bubbles. Carnival and Boeing stocks look like an interesting alternative for the long-term future once the pandemic goes away. They are still valued pretty low, though it definitely would have been better to buy them when everything was doom and gloom in the beginning of the pandemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elon seems to dislike gamma/delta Te types tbh like Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos, finds their preferences boring and hates ppl who complain about Tesla stock his response usually being: "Then don't buy Tesla stock, I don't care. *shrug* " he seems to think bitcoin is as worthless as fiat money is. He is kinda Alpha/Beta thinking type > Gamma/Delta.

He is Te ignoring imo, would mean LII or LSI. He cares more about cool tech and building a good/interesting future. Finances and business seem more like burden / annoyance. "eating glass" as he sometimes describes. I recall he made a flamethrower for fun in his spare time and sold a bunch of them for lulz. Cus why not.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elon Musk - ESFP Napoleon

This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI I agree with. He has a robotic, low energy nature. ILI as a close second guess.

Also, his twitter. "Pronouns suck." "Take the red pill." And, "My gf @Grimes is mad at me." - I cannot see an LIE tweeting something like this, they're more likely to approach their gf in real time instead of sulking online, especially as a public figure where sulking about ambiguous interpersonal problems is not a good professional look or impression

How is he an extrovert? He's so low energy. LIE's are full of beans. Elon stumbles on his words and is generally trying to exert as little emphasized effort as possible into his voice and physical presence. If an LIE was being interviewed they'd probably start interviewing the interviewer, that's the type of people they are. Sean Parker's character in the Social Network is an accurate representation of an LIE's energy, temperament and witty talking style. Elon is not business-like, he's cold-blooded.

SEE doesn't make sense, either. That has got to be a troll typing.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah how anyone sees any kind of talkative EJ temperament in him is beyond me. he's very uninteresting in interviews, very low energy, barely talks etc. typed him as ILI first but he's too practical to be intuitive and not really strategic in his approach.

in this video he makes a tour with an LSE and there's no intuition to see here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr9kK0_7x08
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate that I have to be the one to always do this, but since no one else will,

Some things I don't agree with about him being S, let alone Ne Polr. He's very forward thinking and willing to start projects for their potential without knowing if they will work out or not. He dropped out of college to make what eventually became Paypal, not knowing if it will be successful or not. He saw potential though. And he works tirelessly to make sure these things have the best chance to succeed. He even bets all of his finances on these companies because he believes in them. SpaceX is another company where he saw potential in landing rockets. People told him it wasn't practical and it would end in disaster, but he made it work. The Boring Company is trying to make high speed tunnels, and possibly one day hyper tunnels. These things are not practical, yet Musk believes they are worth pursuing. This is not something Ne polr is okay with. That would be like me, a supposed Se polr, becoming a champion boxer. It's just not something I'm going to do like that.

Tesla is another company that he sees potential in, but it has been a rocky journey for them as well. They have almost gone bankrupt many times and the electric cars still remain too expensive. Yet Musk mortgages his homes to help finance the company. Part of what they are doing to alleviate this problem is build factories all over the world to increase their market potential and get around the price. But Musk knows as well as anybody that the price has to come down for mass market acceptance (and has admitted as such). He's also said that he's fine with the business failing if it means the other automakers have to take electric cars seriously and start making their own. Is that Ne polr thinking? I really don't see how. He has a typical N mindset, not an S one. And I can definitely see how this would conflict with someone like super-practical Warren Buffet that probably scoffs at this kind of behavior.

About Musk being low energy. Sure, I could agree that might point to a type other than EJ, but I don't agree that he's S type.

About Musk being "uninteresting". That's kind of your opinion. I find what he talks about interesting, even if it's business. Musk is usually very honest about what he thinks and I like that infinitely more than the CEO that is always trying to present an idealized image/front of their company or encoding everything they say with some kind of rhetoric, rather than saying what they actually think or what the truth actually is. In this way, I think Musk is a bit "extroverted" because he doesn't take the time to reflect on whether he should say something or not. Things like calling that diver to help the kids out of a cave a "pedophile" and ending up with a lawsuit or saying you will go private with Tesla, then don't and find out you couldn't of anyway, and ending up with a lawsuit. These are things people do without thinking. And it points to extroverted. Perhaps ILI-Te or LIE-Ni...or maybe LII, but what kind of LII would want to run all those companies with all the responsibility and stress that comes with it, something Musk envelopes himself in and seems to enjoy? Sounds Te-valuing behavior at the very least.

edit: Oh, he's also very anti-authoritarian, if you follow reinin dichotomies, and he has also said he doesn't care much for degrees, as long as somebody can show they are driven and have a history of success, he will hire them over the degree. That's also not a sign to LSI, which seem to like using standard metrics to gauge things and people.
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    edit: Oh, he's also very anti-authoritarian, if you follow reinin dichotomies, and he has also said he doesn't care much for degrees, as long as somebody can show they are driven and have a history of success, he will hire them over the degree. That's also not a sign to LSI, which seem to like using standard metrics to gauge things and people.
    I don't think Ti, even with Se would like to use standard metrics. At least I don't, though some people think I'm gamma NT too so...this could be subtype related, ie creative likes an unconventional approach, regardless of reinins. I agree that the rest of what you point out about him sounds N>S, though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    I don't think Ti, even with Se would like to use standard metrics.
    J and weak N -> higher ideas conservatism

> At least I don't

You prefered T types in IR sorting and did F related messages. Your type is doubtful to be base T as LSI.
    Also you may evaluate wrongly some your traits. Alike you thought your type before as LIE and now as LSI after heretical typing by Gulenko.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE-3Ni DCNH creative subtype sx/so

His demonstrative is pretty fucked up though and his Si is non-existent. He does 80-90 workhours per week as work routine. I'm not even sure he actually gets to spend any time with his kids. No type with any awareness of Si would do that. That's the passion of Ni pushed to unhealthy levels.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Ti, even with Se would like to use standard metrics. At least I don't, though some people think I'm gamma NT too so...this could be subtype related, ie creative likes an unconventional approach, regardless of reinins. I agree that the rest of what you point out about him sounds N>S, though.
    Maybe, I'm just trying to frame the theory based on my experience. I'm not sure reinin dichotomies are super clear to begin with, but Delta ST and Beta ST have the most practical thinking style from my experience. They seem most prone to criticizing people that haven't thought out their ideas or endeavors from a more practical standpoint. And people with credentials or some kind of authority are just considered more trustworthy, like a standard from which to rely on and judge. I guess that's how I've come to understand the authoritarian dichotomy. But maybe that's wrong, but that's what I'm getting at with the degree thing. I think a degree is kind of safer in hiring someone because you have an idea of what someone knows (because of accredited standards), but when they have just done a bunch of projects and say they know stuff, you don't know how much of that is true or fabricated. Just a thought. And it seems Sol is saying more or less the same thing here; I'm guessing English isn't his first language.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I've been saying that Elon Musk is ILE, but today I met his clone at the bank. The guy was an Asian dude named David, and after talking with him for about twenty minutes and basically watching the guy running Elon Musk's software (hand motions, eye motions, etc.), I now believe that Musk is LSI.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"That's the newest trait being pegged to the Tesla and SpaceX CEO after an analysis by IBM's Watson supercomputer. Watson's Personality Insights software analyzes written and spoken communication to produce scores for certain personality traits. It gave Musk a cautious score of 0.96 out of a possible 1.00--the highest of any tech CEO it studied."

LOL.. Ne PolR LSI fear of uncertainty / need for certainty.

He also doesn't seem to care much about Si, so central quadra:

Considering his aversion towards the business side of things comparing it to "eating glass", he probably isn't a Gamma NT, especially not a risk taking LIE with Te+ and Ne-

I wouldn't listen to people who pretend they know wtf they are talking about. The Dunning Kruger runs strong in a lot of forum members.
    Last edited by SGF; 03-02-2021 at 11:00 AM.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty bad if people type Elon as something else than Ti dom after watching his interview behavior. The asceticism and pedantic control over details of his products as well as not valuing comfort and harmony much point to him being LSI, as does his leadership style and company culture. The car easter eggs, flamethrowers etc. are more indicative of valued Fe than Ne. Him naming of his SpaceX drone vessels after Iain M. Banks Culture book ships is homage from one Ti dom to another. The shortfall of Gravitas is poking fun at the serious quadras. He's Merry all the way.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, the guy seems to be scared shitless of himself. Improbable LSI. Hah.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast