Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gratuitous type me thread

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    somebody in the chatbox mentioned me making those little mistakes and forgetting things as a point for Se polr and it reminds me of when i lost my ID for the second time in a year and my son told me that my SLI ex was like, "she's always losing things, she's so scattered, thats why it was good for her to have me in my life." i'm not sure if being really irritated hearing that is a point away from infantile or if everyone would find it annoying? cuz this is one of those things where i could see Si/Ne being valid for me but NOT LIKING it. i don't want to be taken care of like that, and i don't know if its bcuz i'm not an infantile or if its bcuz i'm a proud and indignant infantile, lol.
    I haven't seen that actual many ESI examples that just seem ultra-competent and comfortable about everything. They probably aspire to it for the most part, but a lot of them still fuck up, complain, get overwhelmed, etc. I think it's typical even?
    Last edited by suedehead; 10-27-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

imagine an EII who grew up within a large extended family of rowdy, lawbreaking betas and trashy, temp job working, meth-head alcoholics.

what would that look like?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

YOLO 420 SWAG YOLO

[img]

the hot girl behind me is my best friend.

DO NOT QUOTE. i will almost definitely be deleting this soon.

im having a slow day, tell me how or i am. or how i'm actually a 4, or an 8. lol.
    Last edited by ashlesha; 10-30-2014 at 02:17 AM.

LUNGS U R SHINING BRIGHT!!!!!!#e

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

more Se, more Se.

type 6 drunk on steroids ... ?

is that your IEI bf ?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    more Se, more Se.

type 6 drunk on steroids ... ?

is that your IEI bf ?
    steroids? lol. u see 6???

not-bf-but-sorta-bf iei is lying underneath that pile of alien heads taking the picture.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've never thought of another E-type for you. E 6w7 is easily doable here, no glasses and nerdy look I saw before.

you seem way more happy and self-assured in this pic. and tbh that person's gender is kinda ambiguous, it could have been iei-in-halloween-disguise

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh hey. Look at that.

I do think you could be EII (and I don't see a ton of Se), but it's not a strong sentiment. More like a musing.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

its been awhile since i've gotten IEE! you see Ne?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not especially, but you seem a bit laid back for an IJ. And I definitely don't see Se dominance!
    SEE

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Well, aestrivex types me iei, theres another option

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huh
    SEE

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

EII

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I'm just trying to think more pragmatically - this is how shit works, people are assholes, so one should try to protect himself to not get hurt. I find your moral standards about how humane people should be kinda idealistic and unrealistic. But I really don't wanna fight with you cause I would rather save my energy for someone whose views I actually disagree with lol.
    (Btw, have you thought of being EII lately, cause that would make a lot of sense in how we interact )
    Much like darya, there have been many times where I've found your posts to be too unrealistic and based on some idealized notions. Same as her, I don't find any use to arguing because arguments between quasi-identicals don't lead anywhere besides slow extinguishment and boredom, and shaking your head at how the other person "doesn't get it". On your part, you have complained that it's difficult for you to get anything across to me, so the dynamic of QI relations is rather obvious in this case. Basing on this, I'd say your attempted relationships with ILIs and IEIs are going to be rather short-lived, since you don't have any Se to keep them interested and at some point they will disengage or appear to be too disengaged from your worries and not sufficiently supportive.

Further looking into subtypes, EII-Fi "the humanizer" doesn't sound as accurate the EII-Ne "the explorer and researcher into the human/social values", and particularly these parts sound very much like you:

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...ubtype_INFj-Ne
    "Sensitive, vulnerable, uncertain and erratic ... prone to taking offense despite his best attempts to hide this ... cannot always restrain himself and may burst out in disagreement or indignation. ... Seeks to understand the essence of various subjects and phenomena. Possesses strong associative and figurative thinking and the talent of foresight. Often displays an interest in problems that lie at the intersection of ethics and philosophy. likes to advise, to mentor, to educate others but only within his circle. ... Poorly tolerates loneliness, needs attention of people who are close with him. ... Due to his tendency to take everything close to heart, feels worried and agitated by slighted occasions. Prone to doubt, somewhat indecisive and diffident. .... believes that all-forgiveness corrupts those who deserve to be punished. May sometimes deliver a harsh rebuke for a person whom he thinks to be guilty, but usually wavers before doing so because he is afraid of spoiling his relations with other people and being unfair. At times advocates for harsh measures and punishments. ... " Etc.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i guess i'll reopen the thread now. i thought it was dying a slow death, lol.

i think the eii-ne description and the esi-fi description on the wiki both sound a lot like me, and reading them both hasn't really gotten me anywhere. i also wouldnt say that the dynamic b/w you and i is very similar to the dynamic b/w darya and i (the two of you also seem pretty different to me) and i dont think that a relationship b/w me and either of you is really well-developed enough for this kind of analysis. and then there are other ieis like starfall.

the iei i've been seeing since may is definitely interested in me. there's no doubt about it. i think he is noncommittal, and he's never been super engaged, but based on what he's said about his previous relationships (ie "ive never seen the appeal of living together with someone") i think its just how he is, and i try not to take it personally. ouch, man. why am i attracted to Ni types, and Ni in general? is it a socionics fluke? ive also had the experience of a long-term relationship with an sli that failed largely because i felt like he was too stifling and controlling in his caregiving behavior. so, uh, so far, i'm not fit with any romantic style, lol.

is it just the politically-motivated posts that seem unrealistic and idealistic? or my posts in general?
    Last edited by ashlesha; 10-30-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i think i'm going to stick to esi because when i think of myself as eii, i find it a lot easier to poke holes in it and think, "this isn't right." when i self-typed eii, i found myself fighting off misconceptions and struggling against the common forum understanding of the type a lot more. an esi typing might not be 100% perfect, either, but oh well.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

(seriously, though, radio is my identical, wtf)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

since when is silke IEI? I thought she self-typed EII.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

since it's the leading option on my typing poll and you were saying how I love prepackaged Ti categorizations whatever that is supposed to mean: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...4-silke-s-type

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello whose identical am i today

last year it was galen, this year it is lungs

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@Trevor fucked up my poll. eii-fi and esi-se are tied now.

i dont really feel that similar to @Galen, but i dont feel a higher degree of dissonance than i do with a few gammas, so it probably doesnt mean much. tbh i go back and forth b/w feeling like he's a super hilarious and friendly dude and thinking he's overly condescending and snarky...which maybe fits supervision, though i think of him as eii anyway. (and i suppose my sentiment wouldnt be weird for mirror, either.) he feels uptight in a certain way that is very similar to my iee best friend, and over years of being close with her that quality hasn't really been a problem between us, so maybe it would be similar with him if we talked more. dunno. the idea of us being in the same quadra doesnt make me wanna kick rocks or anything.

i think @silke can seem even more Ij-ish than me, lol, but i can't see her as a Ti devaluer. normalizing subtype? strong role function?

i can see some similarities b/w myself and @Agni but sort of like if i was prouder and cared less about getting along with and appeasing people and was better able to hold my emotions in check. like, she's the refined, name-brand version. but we've never talked privately.

another slow day so i expect to flail around in this thread some more.
    maybe i'll just start talking all about other people instead of myself tho haha.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    since it's the leading option on my typing poll and you were saying how I love prepackaged Ti categorizations whatever that is supposed to mean: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...4-silke-s-type

that's supposed to mean you say the SEE dude I'm dating VIs so/sp and PA instead of commenting on his weirdo villain vibe or something. But you can be LII, since you don't really match any IEIs I know. You are twice IJ compared to them. You are still free to use whichever (self-)typing you want whenever you desire to resort to intertype relations, ofc.

btw I actually think radio is lungs' identical, but this is off-topic.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're more Delta than Gamma.

When it comes to PoLR are IMO more easily overseen through written online conversation than other PoLR.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I think you're more Delta than Gamma.

When it comes to PoLR are IMO more easily overseen through written online conversation than other PoLR.
    what do you mean by "overseen?"

you're a cute LSE, so i'm cool with this.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you mean by "overseen?"

The PoLR is something you want generally avoid. In written online conversation you can easy avoid if you want to because your're never really under pressure. IRL for me it's easy to spot PoLR because I see people I am close to how they deal with stuff and completely fail. You know what I mean? Myenglish became abit rusty

Thanks but I think SLI fits the bill better.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Te, Ne, Ni, and Ti polr is easiest to spot online, Se, Si, and Fe can be overlooked.
    Last edited by Amber; 10-30-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the delta shippers are coming out of the woodwork, messing with my minnnnnd

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    Te, Ne, Ni, and Ti polr is easiest to spot online, Se, Si, and Fe can be overlooked.
    can you see polr in me? i don't see it in you. or in radio. or hardly anyone.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I see it in clear Se subtypes --- such as Squark, Ainfigfur, or Blackburry. But sure, with the polr it's "obvious" if you're looking for something else. Kind of like if I wanted someone to write dadaist or surrealist poetry or theorize on the history of sexuality and repression in Victorian ages, I would notice some sort of "deficit", kind of like people are not exactly Foucault lol. But normally what I notice in such people is strong Se, vivid energy and a form of more or less gratuitous aggressiveness even when they could look at something from some other perspectives, I guess. Actually back when squark was active she used to catch my attention with comments like "no, no sense of coherence for Ni! that's Ti" (don't recall exactly ...but you get the impression ..in a thread asking if Ni gets some form of holistic harmony or whatever).
    Last edited by Amber; 10-30-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke
    you were saying how I love prepackaged Ti categorizations whatever that is supposed to mean:
    Just for what it's worth, couldn't that even place EII equal to or over IEI? I figure EII's rational information metabolism happens by Fi/Ti, whereas Ti is sought out more as a theoretical vitalizing agent for Fe in IEI rather than as the staple means of rationalization.

As for what Agni meant, my guess is it was an emphasis on the spontaneity of intuitive information formation against empirical circumstances vs the emphasis of introverted judgment on producing things like categories remaining unchanged under varying empirical circumstances. Of course here "empirical" is a bit loose, because it could be more inner than outer data. There is generally a richness of perception to the true Ip types that the Ij types are more aloof to.

Just food for thought - if you generally go by EII, I don't think that's implausible although I just haven't had a chance to interact to see much ethics. But I can see a possible current of delta quadra and signs of Ij (which could be wrong, but just how things seem).

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why am i attracted to Ni types, and Ni in general? is it a socionics fluke? ive also had the experience of a long-term relationship with an sli that failed largely because i felt like he was too stifling and controlling in his caregiving behavior. so, uh, so far, i'm not fit with any romantic style, lol.
    I think a lot of infantiles have a problem with patronising caregiving. I strongly dislike being treated as inadequate, and have almost obsessively low tolerance for controlling behaviour. Can't exactly imagine for example anndelise or Galen to be into that either. Isn't it said that different subtypes of caregivers have a different approach to caregiving - that one is often very controlling and the other does it more indirectly? There sure are a lot of caregivers who will treat you like a child and generally have a "let me do it for you you silly"-type of attitude towards others. But then there's the ones who will not assume you need or want their help if you haven't indicated so, or if they do, they'll still express this through questions and suggestions ("I could pop by the pharmacy on my way home if you want something from there?") instead of orders and statements ("Stay under the blanket, I will go to the pharmacy to buy you X Y and Z").
    Last edited by willekeurig; 10-30-2014 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In regards to erotic attitudes, the first time I've ever identified with any of them was here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/worl...5266064826444/ You've gotta be a member to see it, but I think there's some good stuff in there (particularly about Si).
    SEE

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    In regards to erotic attitudes, the first time I've ever identified with any of them was here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/worl...5266064826444/ You've gotta be a member to see it, but I think there's some good stuff in there (particularly about Si).
    i'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. this link just brings me to the thread you made about the attitudes.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. this link just brings me to the thread you made about the attitudes.
    Eh, I know. It was a long discussion. My "ah ha!" moments were scattered throughout it, some of them from stuff others posted and some just things I was figuring out during the conversation.
    SEE

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't relate to the extreme confidence often attributed to aggressor types. i also don't relate to the reluctance to initiate often attributed to Se polr types - i feel much more comfortable being the one to initiate and generally having control over the process so i can be sure that its what i want and not something i'm being pulled along for. but i don't want somebody to be with me just bcuz i MADE them, lol. i do want somebody who is willing to help me with practical things, but not to come in and assume responsibility for it all. its more a matter of if they cared about me they would be willing to help, not that i NEED them to.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't relate to the extreme confidence often attributed to aggressor types. i also don't relate to the reluctance to initiate often attributed to Se polr types - i feel much more comfortable being the one to initiate and generally having control over the process so i can be sure that its what i want and not something i'm being pulled along for.
    I relate strongly to this. btw I tend to think of initiating as being more of an extroversion thing and less of a Se thing just in general.

but i don't want somebody to be with me just bcuz i MADE them, lol. i do want somebody who is willing to help me with practical things, but not to come in and assume responsibility for it all. its more a matter of if they cared about me they would be willing to help, not that i NEED them to.
    I think this is just a healthy adult attitude regardless of type.

btw, my husband does more around the house and fixes things more than I do.
    SEE

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

*a few random comments*

i think the eii-ne description and the esi-fi description on the wiki both sound a lot like me, and reading them both hasn't really gotten me anywhere.
    ...this may not get you anywhere either but you do -superficially- sound like the two EII-Ne guys I know. I know 1 ESI-Fi guy and you don't sound like him. But that's just some datapoints, not final conclusion. As I said the taxi driver example isn't indicative of Se PoLR.

Anyway, why do you have Fi subtype of either ExI in your profile?

i have looked bitchy and guarded there when nervous but mostly i come across as "cute." (which is more fitting for eii?)
    My ESI-Fi ex actually could come across as cute. But bitchy and guarded too. Depended on his mood I guess

i don't relate to the extreme confidence often attributed to aggressor types. i also don't relate to the reluctance to initiate often attributed to Se polr types - i feel much more comfortable being the one to initiate and generally having control over the process so i can be sure that its what i want and not something i'm being pulled along for. but i don't want somebody to be with me just bcuz i MADE them, lol.
    As for the last line - yeah well Gamma Se isn't like Beta Se but I think even the latter is just an exaggerated stereotype

none of these mistakes have serious consequences but in a car the equivalent sort of little "oops" could mean DEATH. it doesnt make sense though because i'm totally willing to put my lives in the hands of the complete strangers who drive me around on a daily basis, and when im in the car with my friend, who is a comically bad driver, i find it kind of exciting and funny. so my explanation of why i'm scared of driving isn't really complete, and i don't know how to describe it completely. its irrational.
    Not sure if that's PoLR related but can be seen as Ne PoLR just as much as Se PoLR

when i'm around xSIs with really obvious Ne polr, i don't really relate to them so much. they can seem willfully ignorant or just ignorant, like....come on, really? being around people with really obvious Se polr is at least kind of cute.
    Afaik the ignoring mode is more LSI's Ne PoLR.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default lungz typez

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I think a lot of infantiles have a problem with patronising caregiving. I strongly dislike being treated as inadequate, and have almost obsessively low tolerance for controlling behaviour. Can't exactly imagine for example anndelise or Galen to be into that either. Isn't it said that different subtypes of caregivers have a different approach to caregiving - that one is often very controlling and the other does it more indirectly? There sure are a lot of caregivers who will treat you like a child and generally have a "let me do it for you you silly"-type of attitude towards others. But then there's the ones who will not assume you need or want their help if you haven't indicated so, or if they do, they'll still express this through questions and suggestions ("I could pop by the pharmacy on my way home if you want something from there?") instead of orders and statements ("Stay under the blanket, I will go to the pharmacy to buy you X Y and Z").
    i don't relate to the extreme confidence often attributed to aggressor types. i also don't relate to the reluctance to initiate often attributed to Se polr types - i feel much more comfortable being the one to initiate and generally having control over the process so i can be sure that its what i want and not something i'm being pulled along for. but i don't want somebody to be with me just bcuz i MADE them, lol. i do want somebody who is willing to help me with practical things, but not to come in and assume responsibility for it all. its more a matter of if they cared about me they would be willing to help, not that i NEED them to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    You've probably seen this before right? http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...otic-Attitudes
    Gamma SFs don't have the same extreme confidence as Beta STs (and even then, any type can be unconfident, any type can be unhealthy, or have low self esteem, etc. Agressors just like to initiate). Gamma SFs can be "submissive in their daily life." I find that link to be more accurate than just the general 4 part descriptions of aggressor/victim/infantile/caretaker
    and the second bolded statement is NTR. No one wants that lol
    All of this ties together perfectly with what I wrote a while back about taciturn/narrator and how it bissects the erotic styles, bringing them into sharper relief in the merry quadras, particularly Beta, where all Ni types are taciturn, all Se types are narrative, and interpersonal stratifications are more well-defined (aristocratic).

For the inverse of all three of those reasons (taciturn Se, narrative Ni, democratic), Gamma would be the murkiest. Continuing this through the judicious quadras, and taking into account Agarina at EII, lungs self-type at IxFj, a difference between two different brands of Si, what's liked more of Si here, and everything in the last paragraph (and beyond); Delta has taciturn Si and narrative Ne, Alpha has narrative Si and taciturn Ne, and what's naggy/patronizing for residents of serious quadras may be attentive/endearing/harmless for those in merry quadras.

I have went ESI ever since almost all of the site was going EII years and years ago; the core cog-style based rationale remains, and taciturn (ESI) > narrator (EII) cements it a bit more for me. I've made a slight adjustment to tritype, in light of untangling the more-complex-than-it-would-seem enneagram, massed amounts of typings in the EIDB, tritype galleries; I have adjusted the gut fix from 9w8 to 8w9, making the entire typing Fi-ESI sp/sx 6w7-4w5-8w9.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

she might get banned with that tri type, although it looks like an upgrade. just saying.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

triple reactive!

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was gonna vote for Fi-ESI but then I read the whole thread and now I don't know what I think anymore.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast