Thread: Fi/Te and Ne/Si vs Fe/Ti and Ni/Se

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Fi/Te and Ne/Si vs Fe/Ti and Ni/Se

Yup, that's me. Still filling the 'What's my type?' subforum with the same old sweet meatloafs. What are some telltale signs that might make me figure out if I'm a Ne/Si and Fi/Te valuer over Fe/Ti and Ni/Se? Need something clear with no beating around the bush, prefferably some anecdotes too!

On second thought, anecdotes might make me second-guess everything since I will keep telling myself 'I do that too...Or did I?' so It's pretty bittersweet. Agh, just bring them in nonetheless.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

check IR test

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When at a party, do you tend to speak with someone 1 or 2/3 people at the same time or do you prefer the whole group to enjoy one thing, like watching tv together/ comedy act/theater/ listening to a speech or hiking/ something else?

Regarding knowledge and knowing how things work, do you like knowledge for its own sake or do you feel like it needs to have a practical use for you in a way?

When asking for advice, or giving advice, do you generally prefer to tell/being told whether or not something might work or not, or how it will probably work out/not work out, or do you rather have handed to you/name a number of possibilities from which you can then choose?

Would you rather have a partner that cares of you and ensures your physical well being by cooking good food or knowing when or how you might be (come) physically/mentally ill or a partner that dominates in a way, is a bit rugged in his treatment of you, and often riles you up to do stuff/has a go get them mentality?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not a serious type, clearly Ij-ness is absent. Irrational DCNH type with ethics. Lack of certainty, wants confirmation from someone: "Please nail it down for me". This purple Jesus is not certain, though due to lack of decisiveness. I think it all points to victim type and beta.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Yup, that's me. Still filling the 'What's my type?' subforum with the same old sweet meatloafs. What are some telltale signs that might make me figure out if I'm a Ne/Si and Fi/Te valuer over Fe/Ti and Ni/Se? Need something clear with no beating around the bush, prefferably some anecdotes too!

On second thought, anecdotes might make me second-guess everything since I will keep telling myself 'I do that too...Or did I?' so It's pretty bittersweet. Agh, just bring them in nonetheless.
    I don't know if you'll actually settle on a type, but I'll give it a shot. I sense Ti PoLR and IEE based on your thinking patterns in this post. But that's a rapid, cursory analysis because there's very little information here.

OK, I found your previous thread. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...pe-(With-video!)

I stand by my guess. IEE. Also, just so you know, you don't have to be extremely outgoing or have a zillion friends to be an extratim type. I'm an introtim type, but I love public speaking and engaging large crowds. However, Ne is not my base function. Ti is. Si is not my dual seeking function, Fe is.

Chores, house and grocery shopping, many other things that I can't exactly remember at the moment. Basically, everything that has to do with day-to-day-living makes me feel like a vegetable. Things that I enjoy more than others would be random banter with people, creative writing, reading and full-time daydreaming.

Chores, as I mentioned above, are little imps that I must fend off against every day, if i want to surive. Honestly, if it weren't for my parents, my house would probably look like Isabelle and Theo's house from 'The Dreamers' after their parents' departure.

The immense dislike for chores and day-to-day upkeep is 1D Si.

I need someone that can take care of my needs. I'm a bloody baby. I am forgetful, I always disregard small details, never actually get shit done. Guess I'm looking for a 'secretary' but more humane .
    Someone that can motivate me, for short. Someone that can pull me out of my brooding puddle and get me to 'smell the flowers'.
    Not sure that I manage well on my own in any area actually, HAHA. But I guess relationships with people would be a thing?

Si dual seeking and infantile romantic style.

Do you relate to the below from http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/i...on_elements/Si

Si as Suggestive Function

The individual tends to be chronically unaware of his own bodily processes, including physiological sensations and a sense of balance and alignment with one's true desires. He sometimes has peculiar preferences or tastes, which he himself is unable to understand or fulfill. The individual almost never emphasizes his attractiveness or sexuality overtly and publicly, but dreams of being pleasing to the senses to at least a small circle of trusted friends and partners who are able to develop and enhance his sexuality and attractiveness in a trusting atmosphere.

After every history lecture, our teacher scolds us for being such a 'failed' generation. She says that they had it worse, back in their day, and yet prevailled. They prevailled, despite the system being as corrupt and miserable as ever. Bottom line is, that we have to swallow the load and move on. That is what pisses me off, expecting other people to do as good as you, yet better. Expecting change, yet inciting stagnation. Just because things have been so for decades doesn't mean that they should stay this way. Blaming the world for your problems is also a pet peeve of mine. Be the change you want to see in the 'world', don't just abscond. It is not the World, that which is a burden for poor Atlas, but the people inhabiting it.

I like this

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEE?

One thing I'm sure of: Penny should never type himself as Ij. Or alpha/gamma.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you passive aggressive or passive and aggressive?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    When at a party, do you tend to speak with someone 1 or 2/3 people at the same time or do you prefer the whole group to enjoy one thing, like watching tv together/ comedy act/theater/ listening to a speech or hiking/ something else?

Regarding knowledge and knowing how things work, do you like knowledge for its own sake or do you feel like it needs to have a practical use for you in a way?

When asking for advice, or giving advice, do you generally prefer to tell/being told whether or not something might work or not, or how it will probably work out/not work out, or do you rather have handed to you/name a number of possibilities from which you can then choose?

Would you rather have a partner that cares of you and ensures your physical well being by cooking good food or knowing when or how you might be (come) physically/mentally ill or a partner that dominates in a way, is a bit rugged in his treatment of you, and often riles you up to do stuff/has a go get them mentality?
    Whew, time to give it a whirl.

1) I don't go to parties that often, easy peasy. But if i were, probably would latch onto some close friends for good times and stuff. I was obligated by my parents to attentd a lot of party due to social norms in my area, and i despised 80% of them. Funny thing is that, despite me being an outcast in those situations i always found myself after the party saying 'You know...that wasn't so bad'

2) As a WoW character says 'KNOWLEDGE IS POWER'. I seek and i get satisfaction from it constantly, most of the times, both in practical cases and in 'flexing my intellectual peen' scenarios, so this one is a tie. I'll say both.

3)This is a tricky one. The first will be preffered by me when receiving advice, since for me it just meshes better? I don't even know. Anyway, when giving advice, i don't really flesh out in-depth explanations so i adhere to the second solution I think. Or just a mixture of both, really. Having the second one handed to me though would make me really indecisive, because i would see all the alternatives as being good and i will be too crippled in seeing all the angles to make a choice.

4) Boy, another tricky one, mostly since they are both areas which i would desire to have some support in. BUT, I would probably go for the waifu-material thing, who says they can't be exciting too?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Whew, time to give it a whirl.

1) I don't go to parties that often, easy peasy. But if i were, probably would latch onto some close friends for good times and stuff. I was obligated by my parents to attentd a lot of party due to social norms in my area, and i despised 80% of them. Funny thing is that, despite me being an outcast in those situations i always found myself after the party saying 'You know...that wasn't so bad'

2) As a WoW character says 'KNOWLEDGE IS POWER'. I seek and i get satisfaction from it constantly, most of the times, both in practical cases and in 'flexing my intellectual peen' scenarios, so this one is a tie. I'll say both.

3)This is a tricky one. The first will be preffered by me when receiving advice, since for me it just meshes better? I don't even know. Anyway, when giving advice, i don't really flesh out in-depth explanations so i adhere to the second solution I think. Or just a mixture of both, really. Having the second one handed to me though would make me really indecisive, because i would see all the alternatives as being good and i will be too crippled in seeing all the angles to make a choice.

4) Boy, another tricky one, mostly since they are both areas which i would desire to have some support in. BUT, I would probably go for the waifu-material thing, who says they can't be exciting too?
    Ok so u seem to be si valuing for sure. Id go with alpha sf or delta nf. U seem very fe, what do you think of ESE?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok so u seem to be si valuing for sure. Id go with alpha sf or delta nf. U seem very fe, what do you think of ESE?
    I think delta might be the route here. I do have pseudo-caregiver tendencies, rather than victim-like, ime. What the-guy-whom-name-I-forgot-and-Im-too-lazy-to-check-since-im-on-phone said about me in their typing post above is pretty spot on, actually.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Well I was asking you before:

"I don't like starting shit, but I love stirring it. As such, I admire the people that start shit in groups, but with a clear goal in mind."

I'm curious about this bit actually, what kind of shit, what kind of goal, got an anecdote about this or anything concrete?

Having the second one handed to me though would make me really indecisive, because i would see all the alternatives as being good and i will be too crippled in seeing all the angles to make a choice.
    OK that sounds focus on Ne more than Ni... What kind of help do you need in this kind of indecisive state?

I think the first one conflates Fe/Fi with general introversion/extraversion and the social instinct.

Ti isn't really about "knowledge for its own sake".

I think the last two questions are decent though.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Not a serious type, clearly Ij-ness is absent. Irrational DCNH type with ethics. Lack of certainty, wants confirmation from someone: "Please nail it down for me". This purple Jesus is not certain, though due to lack of decisiveness. I think it all points to victim type and beta.
    The DCNH could be C. Why not a serious type, just because she's funny?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    The DCNH could be C. Why not a serious type, just because she's funny?
    Yes. The expression and ethical hobby stuff made me lean towards merry . But you can be right. He is juxtaposition style is there which sounds more delta than beta. I watched his video when it existed but apparently he had drugged himself and rehearsed his play beforehands several times.

Note to Penny: be like that IRL and it can get you somewhere. Examples include fame and nut house.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Yes. The expression and ethical hobby stuff made me lean towards merry . But you can be right. He is juxtaposition style is there which sounds more delta than beta. I watched his video when it existed but apparently he had drugged himself and rehearsed his play beforehands several times.

Note to Penny: be like that IRL and it can get you somewhere. Examples include fame and nut house.
    The only drug I was on was fear. I told Sol that I *considered* taking light medication in order to not be as nervous, but decided against it in the end. But I did rehearse the video, yes.
    @Myst, I'll get back at you with a reply soon, i promise. But i just woke up so I can't quite dive deep into my mind just yet. So, explanation comin'right up later.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well I was asking you before:

"I don't like starting shit, but I love stirring it. As such, I admire the people that start shit in groups, but with a clear goal in mind."

I'm curious about this bit actually, what kind of shit, what kind of goal, got an anecdote about this or anything concrete?

OK that sounds focus on Ne more than Ni... What kind of help do you need in this kind of indecisive state?

I think the last two questions are decent though.
    Alright, i'm back once again.
    Double-posting but i can't help it in these circumstances, i needed my morning fix!

I'm a pansy when it comes to conflict and would much rather not have to deal with it. Though there is a worm in my ear that whispers nothings from time to time, and it makes me antsy. I'm not confrontational and I would back down from a fight without any issues. My only coping mechanisms are mutism, sarcasm and humour that can help me detach from the steamy situation at hand. Though there is an exception to the rule.
    That exception is the 'shit-starter' that i mentioned. If there is someone in the conflict who starts it and needs 'back-up' i will gladly provide, although I won't join in unless I'm 100% sure they have my back too. I'm like a 'banter-leech' in that sense. Not sure if this helps, rather than confuse you even further.

But let's say there is a person that i despise. And I'm forced to be with them, by obligations of work, education blah blah, so on. The fact that i have to be even remotely near a person that i dislike makes me passive, aggressive, and even a combination of both! And if they approach me i'll just try to disengage with humour, as i mentioned above (eg: they come up to me and act friendly, i'll switch my sarcasm on and hope for the best: that they'll leave me alone as soon as possible). But then, someone else comes along: A person who dislikes the same person i dislike. What a joy. One day, they can't take it anymore and face the Common Enemy on their own, voicing their disapproval about their exploits. I will get encouraged by their display of initiative, and chime into the conflict in that case: it's a joint operation, we joined forces to take down someone that has been bothering me mentally and physically for ages, and now, my hopes have come alive thanks to this person's willpower! Now, some of you may say that I'm half-assed, that what I do is essentially this: After a person gets beaten up to a pulp, i show up and throw a cigarette on their body, then walk away. I'm nothing more but the finishing touch.

Another analogy would be this: If you've played MMOs, you'd know that usually, the parties who go and take on monsters and bosses are mad up of 'The Trinity' (A healer, a damage dealer, and a tank). The tank's job is supposed to...well, tank. They take the monster's attention away by getting all up in their faces and essentially stopping them from focusing on the healer and damage dealer, so that they can do their jobs properly, without a brute swinging their fists at 'em. That's me. A combination of a healer/damage dealer. I'm mostly in the backgroun, chipping away at the person i despise/my object of conflict for as long as the initiator (or 'tank' if you will) keeps the focus away. IF by any turn of unfortunate events, the 'monster's' focus turns towards me, i nope the fuck out and leave the initiator on their own, unless of course they can provide further back-up .

This is turning into a huge wall of text so i'll stop rambling juuuust about now

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Alright, i'm back once again.
    Double-posting but i can't help it in these circumstances, i needed my morning fix!
    That's not really double posting IMO, a few hours passed after your other post. On some forums you can't even edit posts after 1 hour or even less time than that.

I'm a pansy when it comes to conflict and would much rather not have to deal with it. Though there is a worm in my ear that whispers nothings from time to time, and it makes me antsy. I'm not confrontational and I would back down from a fight without any issues. My only coping mechanisms are mutism, sarcasm and humour that can help me detach from the steamy situation at hand. Though there is an exception to the rule.
    That exception is the 'shit-starter' that i mentioned. If there is someone in the conflict who starts it and needs 'back-up' i will gladly provide, although I won't join in unless I'm 100% sure they have my back too. I'm like a 'banter-leech' in that sense. Not sure if this helps, rather than confuse you even further.
    I get it that you are conflict avoidant, but I was asking about what kind of shit and what kind of goal it is. So it's usually stuff about attacking your enemies or any "bad people"?

The rest of your stuff sounds like Se seeking of IEI. Pretty stereotypical presentation of it really. If you were considering the EII option that came up too, in theory Se PoLR doesn't want any of that Se help... but EIIs will have to chime in about that, if the theory claims don't satisfy you.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's not really double posting IMO, a few hours passed after your other post. On some forums you can't even edit posts after 1 hour or even less time than that.

I get it that you are conflict avoidant, but I was asking about what kind of shit and what kind of goal it is. So it's usually stuff about attacking your enemies or any "bad people"?

The rest of your stuff sounds like Se seeking of IEI. Pretty stereotypical presentation of it really. If you were considering the EII option that came up too, in theory Se PoLR doesn't want any of that Se help... but EIIs will have to chime in about that, if the theory claims don't satisfy you.
    Yes, that's how it manifests, mostly: Having issues asserting myself and needing a 'partner in crime'. Another thing is that I'm quick to take offense even if the other party didn't mean to even offend me, and this makes it hard for me in certain scenarios, such as when receiving criticism. God, i act like a baby in those situations.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yes, that's how it manifests, mostly: Having issues asserting myself and needing a 'partner in crime'.
    OK that's VERY IEI.

Another thing is that I'm quick to take offense even if the other party didn't mean to even offend me, and this makes it hard for me in certain scenarios, such as when receiving criticism. God, i act like a baby in those situations.
    This one doesn't seem type related but I'm sure there are other psychology ideas/advice to figure out how to make it better if it bothers you.

waifu-material = ?

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This one doesn't seem type related but I'm sure there are other psychology ideas/advice to figure out how to make it better if it bothers you.
    Yes, I don't think it's type related either. Don't think it tells much about myself, other than being insecure.

By the way, I had browsed through a few pages of the Oldham theory book you've given me, and i'm planning on taking the test later today. I'll come back to you with the results, if you don't mind.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yes, I don't think it's type related either. Don't think it tells much about myself, other than being insecure.

By the way, I had browsed through a few pages of the Oldham theory book you've given me, and i'm planning on taking the test later today. I'll come back to you with the results, if you don't mind.
    I've edited my post above with a question lol, do check it. And yeah, sure, let me know about the test.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Myst damn, i was too quick.

Well, the notion of 'waifu' is generally associated with stay-at-home moms baking pretty cakes, so I think you can, based on these notions, draw the line between Se and Si here.
    It's obviously Se, you doofus.
    Just kidding.

As i said, that question was difficult, but i ultimately settled for the comfort-providing partner because i'd see myself running into more issues if i wouldn't have them. I'd die in a three weeks time most likely. I'm a hypochondriac, not having someone who can provide for me in situations where even a common cold can throw me into an abyss of dramatisation and overthinking the events would make me go insane.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst damn, i was too quick.

Well, the notion of 'waifu' is generally associated with stay-at-home moms baking pretty cakes, so I think you can, based on these notions, draw the line between Se and Si here.
    It's obviously Se, you doofus.
    Just kidding.

IEIs are homebodies too.

As i said, that question was difficult, but i ultimately settled for the comfort-providing partner because i'd see myself running into more issues if i wouldn't have them. I'd die in a three weeks time most likely. I'm a hypochondriac, not having someone who can provide for me in situations where even a common cold can throw me into an abyss of dramatisation and overthinking the events would make me go insane.
    OK and how do you imagine said comfort being provided? To see if it's Si ego or Si ID (i.e. just someone who's able to take care of physical issues without overemphasizing them like Si egos do it, from my pov).

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Myst, now that you mention it, it really sounds like a dead end to me. My parents have tried to cure this mindset of mine for years, ever since i was first diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, up to no avail. The 'comfort' i see is more of a reassurance coming from other people, though not even that. I'm not thriving by being told that 'I'm going to be fine' or things like that, because I'll always doubt my physical state (a headache that came out of nowhere will right away start to resemble a brain tumour to me, lol). I just *want to get better* and that's it. I guess i see being born with physical needs more of a disability than anything, if i were a vampire or a ghost that would've been great.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst, now that you mention it, it really sounds like a dead end to me. My parents have tried to cure this mindset of mine for years, ever since i was first diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, up to no avail. The 'comfort' i see is more of a reassurance coming from other people, though not even that. I'm not thriving by being told that 'I'm going to be fine' or things like that, because I'll always doubt my physical state (a headache that came out of nowhere will right away start to resemble a brain tumour to me, lol). I just *want to get better* and that's it. I guess i see being born with physical needs more of a disability than anything, if i were a vampire or a ghost that would've been great.
    That sounds like devalued Si af