0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celine Dion

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, ESFj? I'd suppose it's possible, I just don't think that she's anything but Fe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Keep in mind that she's a performer; the image she displays on stage may not be the same as the personality she exhibits while in a more "natural" environment. Just like many actors can play various roles that are separate from their own personas
    Yeah I know, but I guess I'm more typing her songs than her as a person. Still, her singing seems a bit unusual for a Fi type.

If I were to create a chart of each temperaments' moods or perhaps their singing on a song over a period of time, then it would look something like this...

I'm not really sure about EJ, but I'd suppose it looks something like that. EJs moods change quickly, but it's more gradual and are likely to go through a straight path without stopping, rather than avoiding any obstacles like P types would. P types are constantly avoiding obstacles and changing their directions, so they are more erratic. Static types are overall more stable than Dynamic types. Dynamic types are more likely to create sharp contrasts in highs and lows. As you can also see IP types change their moods the most frequently in the shortest amount of time, while IJs are constant and almost never change etc.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure about that graph. the IP's i know are more like the EJ curve...and as an EP, i'm more like the IP curve you have. the EJ's i know can't stand the morning and get their best work done at night. the only line i agree with is for IJ.

i guess i don't really have that strong an opinion about celine dion....meh

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that her music exhibit a strong appeal, that being said, I have never liked her, and I'm happy that I haven't been exposed to her music for a very long time.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this idea of typing a musician by a few songs, especially musicians with a large repertoire, is a bit risky. It's better go by interviews and actual social interaction. People like Celine Dion have done countless different kinds of songs, so I think it is easy to pick and choose, as opposed to saying "this song represents Celine Dion's works, as a whole".

Maybe someone who really knows her could pick that song or such songs, but, idk if we can.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Yeah I know, but I guess I'm more typing her songs than her as a person. Still, her singing seems a bit unusual for a Fi type.
    Not all Ij's are drawn to genres of music that are slow and monotonous, it's a matter of personal taste.

In terms of her being an ESFj, that would be unlikely if she truly is how she expressed in one of the quotes I posted

"Some people can't stand being alone. I love solitude and silence"
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she is pretty blatantly Fe, I don't really see why people are suggesting Fi. It's all outward dramatics for her. Artificialness.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    i'm not sure about that graph. the IP's i know are more like the EJ curve...and as an EP, i'm more like the IP curve you have. the EJ's i know can't stand the morning and get their best work done at night. the only line i agree with is for IJ.

i guess i don't really have that strong an opinion about celine dion....meh
    Well actually that graph was more of a typical basis for typing musical temperaments rather than typing actual people. What I was basically getting at is that Dynamic types (music) are more unstable and Static types are more stable... And I'm not sure about the other types, but as an IP I can confirm that my moods fluctuates greatly (at least internally), I can go from happy to sad in about 2 seconds...

An example of an IP music is "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana... that song fluctuates like crazy. An example of an EJ music is maybe "Where The Streets Have No Name" by U2. An example of an EP music is "Take A Bow" by Madonna etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I think this idea of typing a musician by a few songs, especially musicians with a large repertoire, is a bit risky. It's better go by interviews and actual social interaction. People like Celine Dion have done countless different kinds of songs, so I think it is easy to pick and choose, as opposed to saying "this song represents Celine Dion's works, as a whole".

Maybe someone who really knows her could pick that song or such songs, but, idk if we can.
    Well that's true, but I think that there's so much passion in her voice and her work/songs that you just can't ignore. I have listened to quite a few of her songs... and most of them seem to be about some sort of romantic songs with a lot of passionate feelings.

FTR Fi is not passionate, that's more of a Fe thing. If someone is being passionate, then he/she will likely be a Fe type.

Anyway you're right though, it's probably not a good way to type people by their songs, but it does point you out some hints about their type.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    Not all Ij's are drawn to genres of music that are slow and monotonous, it's a matter of personal taste.

In terms of her being an ESFj, that would be unlikely if she truly is how she expressed in one of the quotes I posted

"Some people can't stand being alone. I love solitude and silence"
    Didn't say that IJs were (only) attracted to a certain genre of music... I'm just saying that IJ music are usually more stable.

And I'm not really sure if she's really an ESFj, but I just think that she is a Fe type. I would suggest IEI for her personally.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I would suggest IEI for her personally.
    I see her as ESE much more than IEI
    Still leaning towards ESI.

Her voice seems to have S qualities to it, although its harder to tell with singers, sometimes.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please see my posts alternative socioncs theory:dynamic music. for some discussion on these energy levels. you can look at actual music you have on your comp with audacity or other free programs of course.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I see her as ESE much more than IEI
    Still leaning towards ESI.

Her voice seems to have S qualities to it, although its harder to tell with singers, sometimes.
    What do you mean by S qualities?

I would equate her voice to Bono's voice... very strong and passionate. She has this piercing quality to her voice, which seems to pass through your body when you listen to it... Very emotionally strong, and somewhat disturbing to the senses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj?

Ej is definite, so is "careful" and no real Fe.

LII?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because you are LII, perhaps what you consider "real Fe" is Fe + Si. Fe + Ni perhaps seems "fake" to you. She could be an IEE who likes to engage too much on demonstrative Fe. LSE doesn't make much sense. Does that interview seem Benefit?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xkj220 View Post
    Because you are LII, perhaps what you consider "real Fe" is Fe + Si. Fe + Ni perhaps seems "fake" to you.
    No, I just think that especially with women, there is an increased amount of expression which clouds typing.
    LII?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buckland View Post
    no real Fe.
    I think it's legit... particularly her talk of people "giving her their energy."

Quote Originally Posted by buckland View Post
    No, I just think that especially with women, there is an increased amount of expression which clouds typing.
    I recall that women are more frequently typed as Feelers... perhaps they are actually more often Feelers?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at first she seems like an EJ, but she comes off a bit "closed-off" to me, and even "soft". She also leans on the chair a lot and make herself comfortable, which seems IP to me. Most J types don't really move around a lot and tend to just sit upright.

Some people may think that Fe is about showing emotions 24/7, but that's not necessarily the case. You can be a Fe type and show little to no emotion most of the time. I think that Extraverts are outwardly more "emotional" than Introverts most of the time.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

*sigh* She's just another pure demon.

So many pure demons, so little time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I think it's legit... particularly her talk of people "giving her their energy."
    Not sure if going by quotes is necessarily the best way to type, it is very subjective. In her case, she does look like a colloquial 'extrovert', but that is not synonymous with Fe leading. A lot of the ESEs that I know in fact probably describe themselves as needing contact with people, but I have yet to hear anything along the lines of "receiving energy". The ones I know oddly enough also talk about needing time to themselves, and getting away from people's demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I recall that women are more frequently typed as Feelers... perhaps they are actually more often Feelers?
    This may be true, I have not really checked this up. However, it still seems that women typically have to be more emotional, and this may cause mistypings. Looking at my male friends for example, there seems to be an even split between Feeling/Thinking.
    LII?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

she feels like a Si ego, probably one of these types: ESE/LSE/SEI

there is nothing esi about her

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEI or SLI

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump...

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Didn't even watch a video yet but from the pics, she seems more clearly extraverted rational ego (Ixxp and Exxj) than Exxp or Ixxj.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

xSE

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is her VERY FIRST english interview at the age of 15. She is french Canadian if you did not already know. Her dream was to be "an international star". Can you believe that?

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

always liked this song

wow cool typing for celine manny

maybe they are extinguishment with jj goldman

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENFJ

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I wish she was my mom

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definite ILE-Ti. The reason she seems different from ILE-Ti is that ILE-Ti from countries other than the U.S.A. (especially places like Quebec) seem REALLY different. As much as women have had fewer rights here, are expected to be family oriented, are expected to not be aggressive, and expected to be emotional, they're actually even more looked down on if they aren't that way everywhere else except maybe Japan and Israel (although Japan has neither the individual right to bear arms nor a military). She also seems quite representative of result Fi-PoLR. I couldn't stand the song she had in Titanic, but she seems like an admirable woman and she is quite sexy.

I support women being dominant (I just want to be allowed my freedom), but I'm not a militant women's rights activist, since I'm really an anarchist who finds the Republican Party (at least as it has been most of the time since the 1920s) more tolerable and less disgusting than the Demonrat party of Woodrow Wilson (he was the one who transformed it, reversed its principles totally from the pre-1913 libertarian Democratic Party of hard money/decentralized monetary policy, low taxes, civil liberties, decentralization of political power, and non-intervention in foreign affairs, as it was engineered by Martin Van Buren). Even then, there are some members of the Demonrat Party who aren't too bad (McAulliffe was actually pretty good the biggest issue I had with him was gun control, but he was reasonable and actually had some understanding of things compared to the current Governor of Virginia, whose understanding of the world and how things work and don't work is pretty limited/poor)
    Last edited by Disturbed; 02-28-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    I couldn't stand the song she had in Titanic
    i remember watching an interview in which she disclosed that she didn't like the song either at first

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Leave it to this site to have the most LUDICROUS takes. Geez. ESE-C.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Definite ILE-Ti.
    Your are correct. She and Rene Angelil were in a dual marriage.

She has a loose energy and is more of one of the boys; her behavior here is non-standard for ESE in this video, even if you refer to C subtype. And her physical appearance in on point for the type.

Someone actually closer to ESE-C:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAb8KIhgVAI&t
    Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every night in my dreams
    I see you, I feel you
    That is how I know you go on
    Far across the distance
    And spaces between us
    You have come to show you go on
    Near, far, wherever you are
    I believe that the heart does go on
    Once more, you open the door
    And you're here in my heart
    And my heart will go on and on

Things logical types write according to this site...

anyway IEI ofc
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if logical males over 18 can have a drawing of Peppa pig in full display in their bedroom...

However, she didn't write those.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lmao Alive your stupidity and naivete is so amusing. Although I am beginning to think you're just being a troll/gadfly at this point. Or I'm naive that other people can be so naive.

Will Jennings came up with those lyrics, not Celine Dion. And James Horner was the composer. Most pop stars do not write their own songs. They're just good at singing them and being a diva. As much as I love the song 'Better Than Today' by Kylie Minogue, alas- she did not come up with it.

Because I knew something logical, I guess that makes me a logical type now! Behold my superior logical str8 man ness. Let me mansplain to you how life is, you inferior nubs.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fabrications complicate the world in a web... Too many IEIs play with your head! Very clever people know we all need a chance... To stop talking about socionics, and let go and dance!

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are being illogical because you think logical types would even sing such a song while presenting it the way celine dion did

https://youtu.be/A3QAqZQYLIQ

In what world do you feeling types live in? It baffles me what images you have of logical types. An ILE friend invites 3 of his ex girlfriends to a party because he doesn't care how it makes them feel but I'm supposed to believe they sing corny songs about love? I don't mind mistypings, but being this unaware and oblivious to reality and then calling the other person stupid is something else. it makes me wonder if you even have real life interactions with logical types.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ8bW5dQKy4
    an ILE in her natural habitat, being emotional on stage
    Last edited by on a peaceful hiatus; 01-15-2023 at 03:23 AM.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    You are being illogical because you think logical types would even sing such a song while presenting it the way celine dion did

https://youtu.be/A3QAqZQYLIQ

In what world do you feeling types live in? It baffles me what images you have of logical types. An ILE friend invites 3 of his ex girlfriends to a party because he doesn't care how it makes them feel but I'm supposed to believe they sing corny songs about love? I don't mind mistypings, but being this unaware and oblivious to reality and then calling the other person stupid is something else. it makes me wonder if you even have real life interactions with logical types.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ8bW5dQKy4
    an ILE in her natural habitat, being emotional on stage
    If getting on stage and singing is what ethics is about then you should retype me to a logical type pronto. I'll be your first ILI instead of IEI! (Even though I'm definitely not an ILI due to being extraverted and rational.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    If getting on stage and singing is what ethics is about then you should retype me to a logical type pronto. I'll be your first ILI instead of IEI! (Even though I'm definitely not an ILI due to being extraverted and rational.)
    Nah you're ILI Dick subtype

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No incentive really to trust typings based on wrong theory that got crushed by G. typing a certain mma fighter and Musk not-IEI indicating that someone probably has been using wild parameters to type IRL with a chance of mistyping likely at crazy numbers. A lot of exposure is needed to correct wrong ideas of the types and come closer to something resembling actual Socionics. That's what I'll say.

My personal observation of ILEs is with Disturbed's actually in this case. I can think of some other ILEs I know but I've chosen this woman as an example since it's a female ILE we're discussing. The reason she looks bordering SLE-Ti in this one and the first one because that can happen with look alikes. The photos might not work for confused minds but if you've been around then at least you should get the certain impression of logical and Fe valuer. She's married to this SEI man and to this day her best friend is an ESE she met at school. The important thing here is that she, along with her older 2 sisters have been fans of this Latin bolero singer since forever, easily the most famous ever? They sing all the corny lyrics, go to his gigs when they have the opportunity. A female ILE can't relate to romantic songs? That man has literally been her only favorite singer ever. So there's that.

Last edited by Rusal; 01-15-2023 at 05:41 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In Aliveonics, Logical types don't have 2D ethical functions. They don't have 1D ethical functions. They're all 0D. And that 0 stands for 'IEI.' This is objectively true and factual information, why are you arguing against reality? You IEIs you.

You expect me to be nicer and stop trolling? That's for IEIs who have 4D Fi. The base and demonstrative are the only thing that matters because that's the most objective. Focusing on the other stuff is just for IEIs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12