Thread: Am I INFj or INFp ? ( :

Default Am I INFj or INFp ? ( :

Hello hello ( ;

I'm familiar with MBTI, but not with socionics. I've done some tests, I'm apparently INFj or INFp (which is normal if I'm INFP for MBTI if I understand well. I would like to have a little help to determine my type ^^

Tell me about yourself.

I would say that I’m a girl in her early twenties, but who, by appearance and behavior, somewhat immaturity, seems to be younger.

I’m this kind of weird, awkward shy withholding girl who is more often on her head, very imaginative, lost in her fantasy world, than well grounded on earth, who daydream instead of acting and doing something useful.

I’m this kind of girl who is aloof, quiet, but at the same time who try to always be nice, kind, polite gentle, warm, easy because harmony (conflicts are for me too much disagreeable, I avoid them above all !)and understanding in general are important, and also because it’s important to show to people we love our affection toward them in not being mean, disagreeable.

I’m this kind of girl who hasn’t many friends, but I'm happy with my few intimate loved ones, because I'm a true introverted and not that social. I can be distant with strangers.

I’m this kind of girl who is somewhat immature, childlike because she is avoidant, lazy, procastinative, " fun before work", disorganized (I avoid all sorts of bad things and feelings which can makes me suffer or things that I simply dislike) instead face it and trying to fix it or accept it.) And because I make decisions in using my feelings, heart, in term of « I like », « I don’t like », « good », « bad. »

I’m this kind of girl who is very sensitive, but who most of the time hide her bad feelings.

I’m this kind of girl who value authenticity, uniqueness, who wants to find her path, the goal of her life, and who sometimes feels a little bit lost.

I’m this kind of girl who is idealist, who try to stay optimist, happy, content, who believe in true love.

I’m this kind of girl who have strong values, opinions, but who doesn’t dare too much to speak them loud, but who will feel upset if someone goes against them… Generally I'm easy.

I’m this kind of girl who wants things to be soft, easy.

I'm this kind of girl who is often insecure about herself, who lack determination, motivation, and who need to be rassured on her qualities.

I'm this kind of girl who like her little routine, but who is at the same time flexible and adaptable.

I’m the typical INFP poster child in MBTI ah ah (;

*What do you do for a living and/or study and how did you come to choose or not choose that vocation and/or study?

I’m a computer graphic designer. I’ve always dreamt to have a job in which I could express my creativity, my imagination, but my parents, who are quite pragmatics and work safety oriented, always told that an artistic career was not a good idea, that it had too much risk, that my life would be a chaos because in such a career you never know what tomorrow brings… But I knew deeper that in a too pratical job I'd never be blooming. I want too feel happy in my job, money, social statu etc aren't important for me.
    But unfortunately I kind of lack of determination and struggle to achieve my dreams to be a writer or illustrator. But computer designer is good too !

What are your interests and hobbies?

I love to read, to draw, to watch TV shows or movies, I'm interested in human sciences, like psychology, history.
    I play theatre for hobbie, in a amator club.
    I love to spend time with my family, my intimate loved ones.
    Even if I'm more a indoor person I love to travel time to time or spend time in nature.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

I think my childhish side, my laziness, my lack of determination, my lack of assertiveness and assurance, my laid back and indecisive side, my lack of pragmatism and logic, my somewhat sloppy side for certain things.
    I dislike my lack of logic, motivation, and my too passive side.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I would say my agreable, easy, adaptable, diplomatic side. I've been told to be "sunny"
    Kill them with kindness !
    My creativity and imagination.
    My insighful and deep side.
    My eloquence (even if I prefer writing I've been told to be good in speechs, thanks to the theatre I guess !)

I like my intuitive and dreamy side, my uniqueness, my authenticity, my peacefulness, my creative side, my optimism and my somewhat witty side. I like my strengh of character. I knew my values.

In what areas of your life would you like help?

I'd say work. work is a part of life in which I don't feel at ease, in which i'm akward.
    I'd say help for other too: I'm compassionate, I listen when someone needs it, I give a smile, a nice remark but I don't really know how to give pratical, useful help.
    I'd say logic, I'm aweful for argumenting

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and perspectives?

I've been raised as a Catholic, but my parents aren't believer.
    I'm an agnostic.
    I'm interested in bouddhism. I value peace, harmony. I believe in reincarnation.

What did you do last Friday?

I was at home, I've done nothing particular during the day. In the evening my boyfriend has visited me. We have eated and we have watched a movie.

Hope it will be helpful ! Thanks a lot if you give a try ! ( :

Feel free to ask if more informations are needed !

See you !

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WillowTreeFairy View Post
    I'm apparently INFj or INFp (which is normal if I'm INFP for MBTI if I understand well
    INFP = IEI
    though you may also meet other opinion

I recommend to make the video
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

Thank you @Sol, I'll check it ( : It's always the case ?
    I'll maybe try to do a video yes, it could be a good idea ^^

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's always the case ?
    INFP=IEI ? yes. Socionics has compatible dichotomies and uses the same Jung's types
    while MBTI, which uses dichotomies, is the main typing method for them
    MBTI users may mistake in the type, but no conversion should be done
    dichotomy tests in Socionics are similar to MBTI

Ok, I didn't know, thank you very much ( :

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think EII - INFj fits better. You say you need help in work (being practical) and in logic. This is pretty much Te Suggestive, the function that an EII seeks in an ideal partner (in your case LSE - ESTj). Also, from your questionnaire I get more of a Childlike (Ne Ego) attitude than a Victim (Ni Ego) attitude.

I recommend you not to compare MBTI and Socionics, since there is no evidence of correlation between types.

If you need any further help, don’t be afraid to ask. Hope it helps.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your parents probably don't understand what creative job is.

Thank you @User Name (: I will check the Ne-ego and Ni-ego, childlike and victim, I didn't know it !
    @falsehope ah ah yes maybe ! ( ;

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I think EII - INFj fits better. You say you need help in work (being practical) and in logic. This is pretty much Te Suggestive, the function that an EII seeks in an ideal partner (in your case LSE - ESTj). Also, from your questionnaire I get more of a Childlike (Ne Ego) attitude than a Victim (Ni Ego) attitude.

I recommend you not to compare MBTI and Socionics, since there is no evidence of correlation between types.

If you need any further help, don’t be afraid to ask. Hope it helps.
    Everyone wants help on work they don't like, that is true especially for SEI and IEI, the interpretation of the so called "suggestive" function is stupid in the face of falsification by contradiction.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello hello ( ;

I'm familiar with MBTI, but not with socionics. I've done some tests, I'm apparently INFj or INFp (which is normal if I'm INFP for MBTI if I understand well. I would like to have a little help to determine my type ^^

Tell me about yourself.

I would say that I’m a girl in her early twenties, but who, by appearance and behavior, somewhat immaturity, seems to be younger.

I’m this kind of weird, awkward shy withholding girl who is more often on her head, very imaginative, lost in her fantasy world, than well grounded on earth, who daydream instead of acting and doing something useful.

I’m this kind of girl who is aloof, quiet, but at the same time who try to always be nice, kind, polite gentle, warm, easy because harmony (conflicts are for me too much disagreeable, I avoid them above all !)and understanding in general are important, and also because it’s important to show to people we love our affection toward them in not being mean, disagreeable.

I’m this kind of girl who hasn’t many friends, but I'm happy with my few intimate loved ones, because I'm a true introverted and not that social. I can be distant with strangers.

I’m this kind of girl who is somewhat immature, childlike because she is avoidant, lazy, procastinative, " fun before work", disorganized (I avoid all sorts of bad things and feelings which can makes me suffer or things that I simply dislike) instead face it and trying to fix it or accept it.) And because I make decisions in using my feelings, heart, in term of « I like », « I don’t like », « good », « bad. »

I’m this kind of girl who is very sensitive, but who most of the time hide her bad feelings.

I’m this kind of girl who value authenticity, uniqueness, who wants to find her path, the goal of her life, and who sometimes feels a little bit lost.

I’m this kind of girl who is idealist, who try to stay optimist, happy, content, who believe in true love.

I’m this kind of girl who have strong values, opinions, but who doesn’t dare too much to speak them loud, but who will feel upset if someone goes against them… Generally I'm easy.

I’m this kind of girl who wants things to be soft, easy.

I'm this kind of girl who is often insecure about herself, who lack determination, motivation, and who need to be rassured on her qualities.

I'm this kind of girl who like her little routine, but who is at the same time flexible and adaptable.

I’m the typical INFP poster child in MBTI ah ah (;

*What do you do for a living and/or study and how did you come to choose or not choose that vocation and/or study?

I’m a computer graphic designer. I’ve always dreamt to have a job in which I could express my creativity, my imagination, but my parents, who are quite pragmatics and work safety oriented, always told that an artistic career was not a good idea, that it had too much risk, that my life would be a chaos because in such a career you never know what tomorrow brings… But I knew deeper that in a too pratical job I'd never be blooming. I want too feel happy in my job, money, social statu etc aren't important for me.
    But unfortunately I kind of lack of determination and struggle to achieve my dreams to be a writer or illustrator. But computer designer is good too !

What are your interests and hobbies?

I love to read, to draw, to watch TV shows or movies, I'm interested in human sciences, like psychology, history.
    I play theatre for hobbie, in a amator club.
    I love to spend time with my family, my intimate loved ones.
    Even if I'm more a indoor person I love to travel time to time or spend time in nature.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

I would say my agreable, easy, adaptable, diplomatic side. I've been told to be "sunny"
    Kill them with kindness !
    My creativity and imagination.
    My insighful and deep side.
    My eloquence (even if I prefer writing I've been told to be good in speechs, thanks to the theatre I guess !)

I like my intuitive and dreamy side, my uniqueness, my authenticity, my peacefulness, my creative side, my optimism and my somewhat witty side. I like my strengh of character. I knew my values.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and perspectives?

I've been raised as a Catholic, but my parents aren't believer.
    I'm an agnostic.
    I'm interested in bouddhism. I value peace, harmony. I believe in reincarnation.

I was at home, I've done nothing particular during the day. In the evening my boyfriend has visited me. We have eated and we have watched a movie.

Hope it will be helpful ! Thanks a lot if you give a try ! ( :

Feel free to ask if more informations are needed !

See you !
    Typical enneagram 4 girl,

In what areas of your life would you like help?

I'd say work. work is a part of life in which I don't feel at ease, in which i'm awkward.
    I'd say help for other too: I'm compassionate, I listen when someone needs it, I give a smile, a nice remark but I don't really know how to give practical, useful help.
    I'd say logic, I'm awful for argument

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

I think my childhish side, my laziness, my lack of determination, my lack of assertiveness and assurance, my laid back and indecisive side, my lack of pragmatism and logic, my somewhat sloppy side for certain things.
    I dislike my lack of logic, motivation, and my too passive side.
    Overall harmonizing subtype for these statements. You won't have typical stereotypical beta features - the mellow drama and idealism rampant emotionalism, but neither do you show delta values of restrained, serious and purposeful behaviour. You'd probably be typed as Alpha SEI for being more mellow and restrained but because of your day dreaming impracticality - you are potentially some kind of "interpretive" (intuitive) perception type.

You don't really fit either IEI or EII well going by quadra values, but neither do you fit SEI.
    Challengers/Trophies: EIE (ENFJ) IEI (INFP)

These are the types who unconsciously throw a "gauntlet" down for their opponents. They know on an almost subliminal level exactly who they are looking for, and anyone who does not fit the bill will be subjected to a rather flakey, hot-cold game of courting tag. As a result, they may appear (both to others and to themselves) rather amorphous and can take on qualities of the other romantic attitudes, depending on the situation and who they are "challenging."

They may, for example, give the victim half his aggressor, the psuedo-aggressor a little victim, the caregiver a bit of his child, etc. They react best, however, to those who do not "break" as a result of their games, but grant them a level of autonomy. Healthy examples of this type will have a sense of self-esteem, and may think of themselves as the "prize" that will be given only to the rightful owner.

Pseudo-Caregivers/Students: IEE (ENFP) EII (INFJ)

These are types who exhibit paternal/maternal tendencies towards others in their everyday lives and may thus carry over these notions and temperaments into their romantic life. These types habitually attempt to give their partner what he/she "needs" (or what they believe they need). As a result, they may become drained by lack of attendance to their own needs and desires. In a partner, they are searching for a combination of strength and gentleness.

Caregivers: ESE (ESFJ) SEI (ISFP)

These are those types who openly express their need to "protect" and care for their romantic interest. In conversation may often lend a sympathetic ear (which, depending on the person, may be interpreted as insincerity, but it's exactly what the Child-like type is looking for). They are looking for someone who will not only accept their paternal/maternal tendencies, but welcome and thrive on it.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...otic-Attitudes
    I'm not sure what your erotic attitude is. but this should be interesting

Thanks a lot for your thougths @Soupman ( :

I hesitated between IEI and EII because I guess in socionics the introverted intuitives ethicals types are the "twins" of the introverted intuitives feeler type of the MBTI no ? Or it's possible that I could be for exemple a sensory type in socionics ? (It would be weird ah ah, I'm too in my head ( x )

As for my erotic attitude I think I'm more pseudo-caregiver/student, but not sure...
    Ah it's difficult ! ^^

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't really fit either IEI or EII well going by quadra values, but neither do you fit SEI.
    So you criticize me for using Model A to type and then base your observations on quadra values, which are way more stereotypical and misleading. Interesting.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Between those two?
    INFJ.
    Is there a possibility that you are one of the other 14 types?
    Yes.
    Can I tell you which exactly?
    No, because I'm not that experienced.

Welcome. It's always good having others around here. As long as they're nice.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Thanks for your thoughts @Feather ! ^^ Maybe I have to totally forget my MBTI type and check all the socionics types without restraining into only two choices !

Thank you very much, I'm nice I guess, don't worry ah ah ( ;

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for your thoughts @Feather ! ^^ Maybe I have to totally forget my MBTI type and check all the socionics types without restraining into only two choices !

Thank you very much, I'm nice I guess, don't worry ah ah ( ;
    Oh no no, I hope you didn't take it as a threat because it wasn't intended to be one, really.
    Everyone is nice to some extent.
    Some are just nicer than others.

And well, don't forget that Socionics is ultimately about your own cognition. It's about what makes you tick, really, so you have the last word in typing yourself. No one on this forum, as good as they may be at typing others, can't read your mind- you'll have to do it yourself : )
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    So you criticize me for using Model A to type and then base your observations on quadra values, which are way more stereotypical and misleading. Interesting.
    Well I identify as an ILI with alpha quadra values, there's nothing wrong of being aware of quadra - but I wouldn't take them too seriously either. You can know your quadra, but only realize the theory has holes.

Abstract thinking styles are my more favoured angle given that they are reflected in real life interaction were types that are congruent are easier to understand and those that aren't - well worse.

@Feathers Oh no, problem, I laughed too (; Yes you're right ! Maybe it's will be more clear and obvious when I will understand perfectly the functions ^^

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    don't forget that Socionics is ultimately about your own cognition.
    there are also IR in Socionics, which also describe how others perceive you

also that "cognition" expresses in the objective behavior and can be understood from outside of you

> It's about what makes you tick, really, so you have the last word in typing yourself.

and also how you perceive other people

"the last word" he may to have only because there are no methods with high objectively proved accuracy. the reason and objectivity is what has the "last word" indeed
    to trust to own opinion it needs typing skills which allow to type others so they fitted to IR effects with you. to trust own typings in general needs that your typing predicted good enough the behavior and traits of the people

> No one on this forum, as good as they may be at typing others, can't read your mind

to type correctly there is enough info in many cases, while better typing skills give higher chance on the correct opinion
    at now to be sure in own type it's better to have IR checking with good results

Maybe it's will be more clear and obvious when I will understand perfectly the functions
    it's useful to know own type and types of other people to understand the theory. the good idea is to gather opinions about your type, to do tests, to give them to other people

@Sol Yes you're right ( :
    Oh yes I saw the IR test, I'll try this, it can be helpful, thank you ^^

TIM
    EII, 1w2 SxSp, VLEF
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI.

Thanks for your response, it's interesting @Lluna that you think I'm IEI, since apparently you are EII. How I seem different from you ? (:

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post

That's interesting. Do you think there's a correrlation and it can be applied to Socionics?

Something seems off about those profiles.
    Clarice Lispector

Oh it's interesting @consentingadult, yes I relate totally with this profil ! Thanks for your thoughts ^^

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    That's interesting. Do you think there's a correrlation and it can be applied to Socionics?

Something seems off about those profiles.
    Yes, there is some overlap between Socionics and mainstream personality psychology, we already know this from comparisons between MBTI and BIG FIVE.

My personal opinion on this is that Socionics describes the same phenomena as in personality psychology, but from a different perspective, using a different framework of ideal types. The unique thing about Socionics is that it seems to have found and underlying biological principle so far unknown to mainstream psychology for personality traits, and in addition offers a framework for understanding of the role of personality in anthropological and sociological contexts.

Just a random example:

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.co...-elements.html

One thing about the image I posted about the cooperative/dependent personality in Millon's system: the dependent personality can be seen as the unhealthy variant to the cooperative personality, but the picture itself largely decscribes the dependent variant. Still, you will be able to see mild variations of these traits in the cooperative personality.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Thanks for those informations @concentingadult !

I've watched some videos to see the typical facial expressions, the mimics of the types, and (tell me if I'm wrong) INFps are quite expressives on their faces, with certains mimics, sometimes they seem to be "not here", and seem to have struggle to focus on the camera (or their interlocutor) and to frankly watch the camera (or again their interlocutor) when they speak (shyness or even nervousness) and they seem to look "into space" (dreamy !) when they think no ? I've this impression. And EIIs seem more stoic, focused, calm. Even if they are intuitive and also often lost in their minds it's less obvious on their face and mimics. Even if they are introverted and shy too it seems to be less difficult for them to look their interlocutor or the camera no ? ( :
    Last edited by WillowTreeFairy; 06-30-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've watched some videos to see the typical facial expressions, the mimics of the types, and (tell me if I'm wrong) INFps are quite expressives on their faces, with certains mimics, sometimes they seem to be "not here", and seem to have struggle to focus on the camera (or their interlocutor) and to frankly watch the camera (or again their interlocutor) when they speak (shyness or even nervousness) and they seem to look "into space" (dreamy !) when they think no ? I've this impression. And EIIs seem more stoic, focused, calm. Even if they are intuitive and also often lost in their minds it's less obvious on their face and mimics. Even if they are introverted and shy too it seems to be less difficult for them to look their interlocutor or the camera no ? ( :
    Yes, that's about right, with the addition that those things mentioned about IEIs, also apply to SEIs. Unlike many other newbies to this forum, you have described yourself in meaningful terms, but those terms do not exclude SEI as a possibility. IMHO, the profile pic you have chosen would rather suggest SEI, if it has any meaning at all.

SEIs and IEIs, with creative Fe, are expressive because their social role is to influence the emotional mood of other people, irrespective of the reason for these moods, IEIs and SEIs will want to infect others with their own moods, or better, with the moods they think are appropriate, for the feelings they emot, are not necessarily the feeling they experience themselves. EIIs more or less are not concerned with other people's moods. They are concerned with the motivations underlying other people's moods.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is such an SEI/ILE thing to do ;-)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yes this is an ok comparison.

BTW a difference is that EIIs have more, so to speak, "genuine"*, more simple expressions.
    *: Genuine compared to the Fe creative expressions, but Fe types still have the genuine expressions too ofc, they just often also modify expression to have some effect in the environment with it.

You've yet to show that Fe but that doesn't mean anything in a few posts.

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI

TIM
    EII, 1w2 SxSp, VLEF
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your response, it's interesting @Lluna that you think I'm IEI, since apparently you are EII. How I seem different from you ? (:
    The bubbliness. (Merry vs. serious). I've seen some people self-type as IEI because they identified with the general stereotype, though, and then realising they were actually sensors.