TIM
    5w4 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello

I'm a lurker here
    I recently got into socionics and I am very confused because there's two types that I identify with
    My type in other systems: INTP, 5w4 sx/sp 541, RLUEI, Melancholic dominant
    Bye bye

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey!

I like responding to introductory posts and don't know why.
    Have you ever thought about black holes? I was just thinking to myself that all black holes are really just one black hole. At least, since they are spacetime singularities, I think it would make sense to call all black holes just THE one black hole. I don't suppose a singularity would be discernable from any other perceived singularity. We only think there could be more than one black hole because that is how it seems to us, but we are the onlooking plurality so we make sense of things through our own lens which really just says more about us than black holes. It's like the universe is a painting and the black hole is the wall behind it. It doesn't matter how many different tears you make in the canvas, that black wall you see behind each hole is the same wall throughout. I think that sounds right, but my weak IEI logic always makes me doubtful of my thoughts.

Alright, don't know why I wrote that out, but welcome to the forum. I am going to go fuck off now.
    Bye bye

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@DeliMeat

A black hole is when matter has been squeezed into a small space. A black hole is very, very dense. Therefore it is not nothing or void, but something because it has quantifiable properties. Calling it a hole is misleading because it just has such immense gravity that it would crush matter into it, not destroy it into nothing. It is black because it absorbs light, and colors we see are just light reflected at different wavelengths, making things different colors. Humans can’t even see the full range of colors. A gravitational singularity is the point in a black hole where matter is being squeezed into an infinitely small point, a one dimensional point. The object can’t actually approach that point in a black hole, it just approaches it slower and slower, at least according to the theories.

Now black holes can have different sizes, but the actual point in a black hole can’t be distinguished from others by physical properties, but wait! Black holes can be formed from different stars collapsing in on each other, or the formation of different galaxies. So they were formed at different times and by different things. Therefore they are different black holes.

So do you think the universe is expanding into a black hole? I don’t think the universe could expand into one, it would just be sucked into one, especially one so giant as to encompass the entire universe.

Beyond the universe there is just nothing, or maybe there are other universes with different qualities that we can’t describe. You can’t go into nothing because it is not even a physical space. I like to think of the universe as a room with walls that you can’t break through, at least not by what we know so far. The walls are constantly expanding in all directions, although we do not know what they are expanding into, or if they are expanding into nothing.

Weak SEI logic here too, infinity is hard to understand.

Now I have to get back to my homework, and not be distracted by black holes .... I don't know why I wrote this except for the sudden urge to try to refute you

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mind is a black hole, eating dinosaur gamble cube prodigy grapples on the apple soda floating bubble universe in M Theory digging up the fossil record on Newton.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    @DeliMeat

A black hole is when matter has been squeezed into a small space. A black hole is very, very dense. Therefore it is not nothing or void, but something because it has quantifiable properties. Calling it a hole is misleading because it just has such immense gravity that it would crush matter into it, not destroy it into nothing. It is black because it absorbs light, and colors we see are just light reflected at different wavelengths, making things different colors. Humans can’t even see the full range of colors. A gravitational singularity is the point in a black hole where matter is being squeezed into an infinitely small point, a one dimensional point. The object can’t actually approach that point in a black hole, it just approaches it slower and slower, at least according to the theories.

Now black holes can have different sizes, but the actual point in a black hole can’t be distinguished from others by physical properties, but wait! Black holes can be formed from different stars collapsing in on each other, or the formation of different galaxies. So they were formed at different times and by different things. Therefore they are different black holes.

So do you think the universe is expanding into a black hole? I don’t think the universe could expand into one, it would just be sucked into one, especially one so giant as to encompass the entire universe.

Beyond the universe there is just nothing, or maybe there are other universes with different qualities that we can’t describe. You can’t go into nothing because it is not even a physical space. I like to think of the universe as a room with walls that you can’t break through, at least not by what we know so far. The walls are constantly expanding in all directions, although we do not know what they are expanding into, or if they are expanding into nothing.

Weak SEI logic here too, infinity is hard to understand.

Now I have to get back to my homework, and not be distracted by black holes .... I don't know why I wrote this except for the sudden urge to try to refute you
    Huh, interesting. I knew almost nothing about black holes before posting that, but now maybe I do know something.
    I guess what I was talking about was not necessarily black holes, but actually the supposed spacetime singularity within them. I also think a lot of what you wrote down was irrelevant to what I was thinking about, so you may have misunderstood me (or misunderstood what I was ineffectively trying to communicate) (edit: Regardless of whether this has anything to do with black holes or not, I was truly thinking of "something" (lol) that would be quantifiably nothing, or perhaps the penultimate state to nothing. I thought for some reason that black holes had something to do with that, but it seems I don't have a strong enough factual basis to aver)

Idk, I tend to crumble into a degenerative drivel anytime somebody throws facts at me whether I'm familiar with them or not. Very stereotypically Te polr of me. You have rendered me absolutely bamboozled and I no longer have any peace. Thank you.