TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFp and ISTp duality video

Hey Deltas!

I was looking for videos on LSIs and actually stumbled upon a video of delta duality.
    ENFp ISTp dual couple gets interviewed about relationship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urr_ZrXo-kM

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe, but he could be LSE also.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does look very ip too me

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is a Normalizer, but what is his type?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Another case where IEE looks a lot like IEI or vice versa. Anyway they seem deltas (and non mirrors).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think He's LSI over SLI. The way he forms his sentences he thinks about the words and is trying to form each sentence accurate, seems Ti to me.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

he's SLI. SLI has 4DTi as IEE has 4DFe. She's very Fi, I even think she could be EII.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That chick is not IEE. Too dead pan.

That interviewer is SEI, or ESE.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I think He's LSI over SLI. The way he forms his sentences he thinks about the words and is trying to form each sentence accurate, seems Ti to me.
    I didn't particularly notice that about this SLI in the video, but I can tell you that my SLI husband is VERY particular about forming his words. He writes AND speaks that way. More particularly than this guy, even. It makes people think he is a professor sometimes. It is "University English" he explained one time, as he went to college in London, and that was for him an identifying period in his life* and that is how you speak there, at least at his university. He not only speaks properly but he can tell you about all the root meanings and origins of the words.... In the same way this guy was unsure about the term "soul mate", I can imagine my husband having the exact same reaction to the label. Its like he wants to know what meaning it has to others, as he is not sure he fits that. But I can imagine my husband, after initial protest, just "going along" with the label, like this guy did.

*(I forgot which Reinin dichotomy it is, where an event or time or place or book or movie is something you strongly identify with. I know ILI's have that Reinin, and I remember Galen here, an ILI, writing here about how Japan is that sort of identifying-place for him).

So I think they may well be the types they say they are. It reminds me of my husband and I in that we are SO comfortable together. Also, saying they are soul mates is weird to them and trying to explain why they are so right together is hard but clearly they both just know it's right together, but just can't explain it so well, and prefer not to label it. But, they are both confident of each other's love. It's the same for us.

@Tallmo thinks the guy might be LSE, and I can see how one might guess they are activity relations, as they do talk about how they love to do activities together. BUt other than that, I don't feel like they act like activity relations. I have activity with my LSE brother and we do activities well together (especially when he is leading) but there is no happy glow about "just being together", just a memory of some cool things we did together.

Once I helped my LSE brother paint the interior of his rental, one that had endured many repaintings every time he had a turnover (in the same antique white, too!), and I have done a lot of painting, so i just did it how I do it. But thru high school and college he was on a summer painting crew and he knew the exact, best way to handle the brush strokes for accuracy and time efficiency, and I wasn't doing it right. Me! And I am a painter! (the artist kind, but I have painted plenty of home interiors too, and well). So he was trying to teach me his right way instead, and we just had this one more room to finish (I had finished one room while he was out fixing something), and it seemed like it slowed things down to learn that. But after some reteachings and corrections I eventually went along with his instructions in order not to annoy him, but I was sort of annoyed (just somewhat, and I kept it to myself for peace) that he had to make it harder than it had to be, when I was doing him a favor after all (I'd volunteered). So there is just more harmony with SLI, and comfort. With my husband I would have felt free to say, "But I don't WANT to do it that way. I like this way!" and he would have been fine with it, and commented or laughed, but not been annoyed.

Also I once commented to my husband on something we watched, and said, of something we saw in a couple, "That was very romantic", and my husband said, "I'm not very romantic", and it just seemed silly to imagine him trying to perform a romantic gesture. But I just don't need him to be. He is who he is and I love him how he is and I am never wishing he was a different way. The romantic gesture I like is some flowers on my birthday, or our anniversary, or Valentines Day. And I guess I don't really think this is so terribly romantic, it's just simply that I like fresh flowers and these are great opportunities to get some! And he does not think to get them because they aren't practical. So I just "order" my own flowers, by saying, "I sure hope somebody gets me some nice flowers tomorrow for my birthday!". And he gets my obvious hint and he gets them, and I when I get them I say, "Oh! I love these!"

Re: @Finaplex re: deadpan. I had the same first impression at the beginning but it's just her reserved face*. There is a camera on her which can make one imagine all the strangers watching so she hasn't gotten fully comfortable. IEEs are sometimes called the most introverted extroverts, so that's her reserved side you are seeing, especially in the beginning. But her face from time to time does light up in an extraverted way when she is saying something to her husband or recalling something they both agree upon, you will notice. (I relate to her awkwardness talking about how great they are and why and how, because I also feel at a loss for great words or explanations of why my husband and I are great together. We just are. It's an almost too simple an explanation of just liking each other's company, and not getting tired of that.)

*I have a face that can be pretty animated and expressive, particularly when I am expressing something and I am comfortable (vs. when i am not sure I am in accepting company, or not sure if what I have to say is desired to be heard). But I recall a candid picture of me in a high school yearbook, one I always thought didn't look like me. Unbeknownst to me a roving photographer had come into the art room where I was deeply focused on an artwork in front of me on the desk, and when he said something to get my attention, I looked up, brush poised, and he snapped, and the picture turned out with me looking very deadpan. This is because I was deep in what I was doing and when I looked up I hadn't really switched my focus from that to the fact that a person was taking my picture. So if the IEE girl in this video was one who was comfortable with the camera, or the photographer, or the interview or the interviewer, the camera might have captured more of her inner brightness. Instead, in this interview you see more of her reserve side. IMO.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 03-02-2019 at 02:52 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"