TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Creating false expectations with a semi-dual

This post is pointless, but I will give it try
    I have met someone from college that is very likely a semi-dual.
    We both noticed each other from afar and seemed interested in one another at first sight
    We worked every monday 4 hours straight for some time last year at a embedded systems class
    I thought she was a dual by the time, and I started to test her in order to confirm my hypothesis
    I realized that we clicked in many ways: she could understand what I meant just by drawing instead of saying anything, sometimes she would explain ( pretty well) to other people what
    I said and vice-versa, we both had written a blog at the same age (silly example..)and I know because
    I stalked her on facebook, but then I told her I had written a blog, and she made a facial expression of wanting to approach me tell me something, but she told nothing about her blog (my blog was about neuroscience whereas hers was about christianity), it felt that we had the same level of intelligence (We both graded 9.8/10). We seemed to have the same upbringing, although we were very different from one another.

Why I think she is my semi-dual:
    She is pretty much the ideal girl for me, everything that I expect, but we always had a clash at some point during the classes, in a way that it hit me very hard in my heart, and I would feel helpless and disappointed with my expectations (but next class everything was always fine again). Whenever I closed the psychological distance, we would clash again, and I was always wondering what was wrong.
    Also, she was always being too nice in a way that seemed unbearable and fake, so I always got irritated. I sometimes saw her walking with some friends and she was either hugging or cuddling, and I thought "my dual wouldn't behave like that".
    So my feelings towards her ended up being of deep care and at the same time a little bit of hate and disappointment. She seems so close to ideal, but there's always something important that I disapprove greatly in her behaviour, and I expect her to be a somewhat guarded and closed person, and more authentic.

Btw, she dresses amazingly beautifully and it seems effortless to her. I know this is pointless.
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 06-26-2019 at 04:05 PM.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    Why I think she is my semi-dual:
    She is pretty much the ideal girl for me, everything that I expect, but we always had a clash at some point during the classes, in a way that it hit me very hard in my heart, and I would feel helpless and disappointed with my expectations (but next class everything was always fine again). Whenever I closed the psychological distance, we would clash again, and I was always wondering what was wrong.
    Also, she was always being too nice in a way that seemed unbearable and fake, so I always got irritated. I sometimes saw her walking with some friends and she was either hugging or cuddling, and I thought "my dual wouldn't behave like that".
    So my feelings towards her ended up being of deep care and at the same time a little bit of hate and disappointment. She seems so close to ideal, but there's always something important that I disapprove greatly in her behaviour (we are both feelers but in a different way)
    1.) To be clear, if you're allegedly an EII, then your dual would be LSE and semi-dual, LIE; and so I'm not understanding how you'd both be "feelers"--if this is true, then clearly you're experiencing something other than semiduality. If in fact you are EII, then what you describe sounds more like extinguishment >

characterized by an interest in the same kinds of things, but partners approach it in a fundamentally different and often incomprehensible way. Many people note a certain draw in these relations, as if the other person possessed some dual-like qualities, but never materializes into a dual. This possibly occurs because at first contact individuals are likely to act through their Super-Ego functions, which is received positively by the other person. In trying to close the distance and get to know the other person closely, partners are very often frustrated and thwarted in their attempts by the other person's unexpected and out-of-sync reactions. Partners in these relations find it very hard to maintain an organized and stable relationship, due to the promising, yet continually frustrating interpersonal dynamic.
    And for a EII, that would be EIE (which is also the "look a like" relation of LIE).

2.) L*E women often feel more social pressure to engage their role Fe than men do, and low D role Fe can often look "fake" and "over the top," especially to those who have a more nuanced usage and understanding of it.

3.) It's also possible for this alleged LIE semidual to be surrounded by feeling types (particularly ESI and EII) that naturally elicit certain "bubbly" feelings from her that may more usually go unseen in dealings with less complimentary types. Personally, I can be particularly "soft" towards EIIs and IEIs because there's something rather nonthreatening about 1D Se that makes me go "aww." lol

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    1.)

2.) L*E women often feel more social pressure to engage their role Fe than men do, and low D role Fe can often look "fake" and "over the top," especially to those who have a more nuanced usage and understanding of it.

3.) It's also possible for this alleged LIE semidual to be surrounded by feeling types (particularly ESI and EII) that naturally elicit certain "bubbly" feelings from her that may more usually go unseen in dealings with less complimentary types. Personally, I can be particularly "soft" towards EIIs and IEIs because there's something rather nonthreatening about 1D Se that makes me go "aww." lol
    At the time I was certain she was a thinker. You're probably right about the social pressure.

And yes, she is surrounded by feelers. That is annoying

Maybe if we had a 101 time together I would tell her not to worry about being nice and it would be fine.
    She seems to be a sensor though, but it could be that women are more likely to fake it.