Thread: MBTI inside

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MBTI inside

Hello, a year ago the ,,MBTI inside'' program came out. After watching this, I think the people who took part in it were pretty good at identifying their type according to MBTI. What do you think are their types according to socionics? I think your answers will help me better understand the correlation between the two theories. (Greetings from Poland)

Playlist
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...rDoGQxd3lnslDI

Episode 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpm...index=3&t=616s
    ..... five episodes were released

and photo....

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a flawed system. There is no need to understand any correlation. They are partly talking about the same types but often the system is broken and functions incorrectly /poorly understood. Just learn socionics/jung and you will learn the real types.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want to support this but there is obviously a big difference between genders and age groups that the organiser seems to casually overlook and those really bug me lol

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What @Tallmo said, basically. I would just add that Socionics is also flawed, just not as much as MBTI. We can apply the Pareto principle here to illustrate the main difference... in MBTI, 80% of all people identify with 20% of the types, while in Socionics the distribution is very close to linear. Myers-Briggs is a failed attempt at devising a system that's useful in practice. On the other hand, the balanced (and more true to Jung) interpretations of the IMs, plus the relational dynamics, give Socionics some basic credence and utility.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Both theories are flawed.

MBTI is bad because of typing methodology (tests are the most innacurate method imo, will only yield "accurate" results in cases where a person is an "obvious" example of a type (as per general descriptions), creating a feedback loop between what a type is supposed to be like and what the general descriptions say, rather than discover what the types are like through living examples).

Socionics isn't really one typology system. Much of what was written during the 1980s and thusly what people on forums like these know is also pretty bad, because socionics was in its infancy. The original authors such as Aushra and Weisband based their general descriptions on alot of guesses and hunches. The traits in general descriptions don't apply to every member of a type, so using them is unreliable.

I like SHS, Archetype Center, and Best Socionics, as their understanding is based on recent research. They are still all flawed, but they are the best living attempts at making sense of Jungian typology.

And please don't throw WSS at me. There is no reason to base oneself on "classic material" nor to consider that the the "classic" literature is best because it's "classic", in fact I would argue it isn't because of how new socionics was at the time.

I like Jung alot. His work should be discussed more around here. I'm not too familiar with it myself though, so I'll stop.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    What @Tallmo said, basically. I would just add that Socionics is also flawed, just not as much as MBTI. We can apply the Pareto principle here to illustrate the main difference... in MBTI, 80% of all people identify with 20% of the types, while in Socionics the distribution is very close to linear. Myers-Briggs is a failed attempt at devising a system that's useful in practice. On the other hand, the balanced (and more true to Jung) interpretations of the IMs, plus the relational dynamics, give Socionics some basic credence and utility.
    I don't disagree that both systems are flawed. But I don't really understand how a more linear distrubution of typings in socionics (which is not even the case by contemporary methods of type diagnostics, such as Archetype Center and SHS) is an argument in favor of socionics being less flawed since in itself there is no reason to suppose anything about the distribution of types in the general population (most of whom haven't had type diagnostics). I think this argument just "feels right" because psychometrics are meant to explain difference between people, and the more different we are, the more accurate the psychometrics seem to be.

I also don't think socionics is more true to Jung. It is in some ways, yes, but in others MBTI is more true to Jung.
    Last edited by Ave; 09-02-2022 at 08:27 PM.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yall need some MBTI outside
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    My view:
    Socionics is basically the only way to learn typology, unless you are very gifted and are able to understand Jung's Psychological Types without any prior knowledge. I do think the way Socionics describes the functions is a dumbed-down version of Jung's more accurate understanding of them. Jung is way better here. But on the other hand, it doesn't matter so much, because functions + model A + ITR and you have all you need learn to see the types and enjoy them. At least for practical purposes Socionics works just fine. But Jung has the deeper psychological understanding of for example the inferior function and its role in the psyche.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is also MBTI step 2... a system with finer destinction.
    It looks like a fusion of MBTI and Big 5 to me.

Unfortunately I know no free MBTI step 2 test, only test you have to pay for.