View Poll Results: Arnold Schwarzenegger's type?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

2 6.25%
  • SLE (ESTp)

2 6.25%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

3 9.38%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 3.13%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

6 18.75%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 3.13%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 3.13%
  • LSE (ESTj)

16 50.00%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questioning is the root of all knowledge, blind faith reveals ignorance. You are simply appealing to respect for authority.

P.S. agree with ESTJ opinion.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kritik View Post
    Questioning is the root of all knowledge, blind faith reveals ignorance. You are simply appealing to respect for authority.

P.S. agree with ESTJ opinion.
    Stupid questioning is just a waste of time, I never referred to any authority, lol @ u.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most obvious LSE in existence. Up there with Hulk Hogan and Mark McGuire.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bush and Schwarzenegger: probably C-LSE

Last edited by JohnDo; 01-03-2010 at 01:59 PM.

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Donald Rumsfeld: probably C-LSE

Edit: I thought they were N-LSE but it came into my mind that the father of my cousin's husband is N-LSE.

So Bush, Rumsfeld and Schwarzenegger are all C-LSE I think.
    Last edited by JohnDo; 01-03-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's representative of his desire to be courageous and brave.

I was reading yesterday about how he provided for his mistress and her child for years, in stark contrast to the very equal relationship between him and Maria Shriver, who had wealth comparable to his. How LSE of him: at first, as a conservative, he was drawn to her abundance of Te aspect. Now he's finding that the Te alone is fleeting, and his true role is as a provider.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like LSE typing for him. As a matter of fact, it's one of the stupidest typings I've ever seen.

He was a badass SLE/ESTP:

-He was always in motion, zealous about life, and seemed to live life to the fullest. Observe how smooth he is in social settings. He is a natural player:

-He was fearless, ESTPs being known for living in the moment, he made a lot of short term decisions that cost him in the long run, like partying with strippers on his 50th birthday, for instance:

http://www.thatsfit.com/videos-partn...-517081826-298

-He liked center stage. Arnold was very entertaining as an actor in his action packed films:

BTW, Terminator kicked some major ass.

And it didn't stop with acting, as this guy never settled; he was always on the go, jumping from one thing to another- body building, acting, politics, etc.,

-While not anti-authority, but as risk takers, ESTPs can easily find themselves in trouble. Arnold sure did:

"...Three of the women claimed he had grabbed their breasts, a fourth said he placed his hand under her skirt on her buttock. A fifth woman claimed Schwarzenegger tried to take off her bathing suit in a hotel elevator, and the last said he pulled her onto his lap and asked her about a sex act."
    -ESTPs attract many friends/happenings, which can often play havoc with their family time, especially if there is any tension at home. This one is obvious looking at his recent break down:

"...Sources say the couple has spent "very little time together" for several years. Maria was frequently absent from Sacramento while Arnold was Governor.

The situation got worse once Arnold left office and decided he wanted to resurrect his movie career. Maria felt Arnold was becoming more erratic -- more "unstable."
    -----

"...I was one who did not conform, and whose will could not be broken. Therefore, I became a rebel. Every time I got hit, and every time someone said, 'you can't do this,' I said, 'this is not going to be for much longer, because I'm going to move out of here. I want to be rich. I want to be somebody.'"

Forgive me if I'm being influenced by MBTT or Keirsey conceptions of the ESTJ, but is this really insight into the mentality of an LSE?
    Exactly...Non-conforming, rebelling, and chasing after power. Basically, he was/still is impulsive as hell- I would definitely NOT associate this with LSE. At all.

---

Quote Originally Posted by stray View Post
    If it came down to "merry" vs "serious", then I'd put him in the SLE camp too. I'm not sure if it's a good dichotomy though. Maybe LSE-Si could be gregarious on the same level too. He seems to be just that in off set situations. Instrusively so, in kind of asshole-ish ways. I wish I could find one video where he was on a movie set screwing with everyone, and put his cigar out in this dude's lunch. It reminds me of an SLE I knew, who'd sometimes pull right on to people's front yards in the middle of the night, honking their horn to pick up a friend, waking the parents up.. and making no apologies about it. It's fucked up, and cringeworthy, but somehow funny to me.. LSEs, if anything, seem more controlled and more obviously principled.

---

Arnold as an LSE? You guys on crack? Come on now, use some common sense people
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 06-09-2011 at 04:31 AM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems EJ, not EIE.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He actually reminds me more of FDG than anyone, for whom I am torn between LIE and LSE, and who is most likely also 3w2, although Fabie seems more sp/sx whereas Arnold is probably so/sp.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it came down to "merry" vs "serious", then I'd put him in the SLE camp too. I'm not sure if it's a good dichotomy though. Maybe LSE-Si could be gregarious on the same level too. He seems to be just that in off set situations. Instrusively so, in kind of asshole-ish ways. I wish I could find one video where he was on a movie set screwing with everyone, and put his cigar out in this dude's lunch. It reminds me of an SLE I knew, who'd sometimes pull right on to people's front yards in the middle of the night, honking their horn to pick up a friend, waking the parents up.. and making no apologies about it. It's fucked up, and cringeworthy, but somehow funny to me.. LSEs, if anything, seem more controlled and more obviously principled.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never seen LSEs as ethical conformists, they value Fi too much. Not that Fe types are the conformers but its a lot more typical to see standard behaviors and processes mirror the outside observation of extroverted IMs, such as with ESTps Se and Fe, and ESTjs Te and Ne. It's perfectly logical to assume the function orientation in all of these. So types would not conform in every single way, but depend on which valued outlet with which they're identifying things objectively. With that being said I've seen Arnold as pretty Te/Fi. Group conformity and clarity with more logical matters, ethical matters more individually assumed. I think communication clarity is more often on the + given extroverted functions, ie. objective matters have been developed standardly enough throughout history, but that's another matter and just one likely influence of the extroverted factor.

Via the OP, I think Ezra would probably relate with him too, since from what I've seen he comes across LSE too, but thats also another matter.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, they are very strong willed individuals as is my boyfriend. They have long memories and can hold on to things that happened to them in childhood, deeply affecting their emotions. They are not conformist; they pride themselves on doing what they want. Period.

I can't express how this situation ticks me off...makes me angry...makes me look like I'M RIGHT!!!

HOW COULD HE HAVE DONE SUCH A STUPID THING?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-09-2011 at 04:00 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never seen LSEs as ethical conformists,
    They (LSE) are not conformist; they pride themselves on doing what they want. Period.
    Yes, ESTPs and ESTJs are both non conformists, but they express/approach that it in different angles (Hence, quasi-identical):

ESTPs are more rebellious, you-can't-stop-me-motha-fucka from chasin my dreams, erratic type of non-conformity.
    ESTJs are more traditional, its my-way-or-the-high way, anal but reasonable type of non-conformity.

I believe people characterize the ESTJ type as conformist because they do want to appear as "normal" as possible according to societal standards. Whereas with ESTP, not really, hence the going after big dreams thing.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 06-09-2011 at 04:51 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm also I think SLEs and LSEs are sometimes confused on here because LSEs can act tough and irrational too, you know, and its just bad stereotyping. LSEs aren't all your traditional businessmen, nor are they all dominating types. It's best not to even go there with that kind of superficiality, and look deeper into the type of cognition, not the rigid form it takes. Being rational doesn't make you more obstinate, traditional, well-mannered or anything, but is based on how we intake information.

Quote Originally Posted by guy123 View Post
    I believe people characterize the ESTJ type as conformist because they do want to appear as "normal" as possible according to societal standards. Whereas with ESTP, not really, hence the going after big dreams thing.
    Eh.
    Last edited by 717495; 06-09-2011 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, sorry about the superficiality, but just as a general gist/for practicality's sake, that's the best way I can compare the two.

Gangsters and supervisors. Both anal from afar. Different motives close up.

Eh.
    My general observations too superficial for you?

Being rational doesn't make you more obstinate or traditional or anything, but is based on how we intake information.
    I never mentioned anything about rational. My main point was that ESTPs are more impulsive than ESTJs, hence ESTPs seem more erratic with Se, in their approach compared to ESTJs, Te, or "using whats proven to work" approach.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 06-09-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, I think gangster and supervisor might work sometimes, but you have to not assume exactly what it is to be a supervisor. ie. you can't compare your past anal supervisor to all possible LSEs and just forget about the thought process inherent to all other LSEs in common with this person. You have to take these stereotypes with a grain of salt, and ask yourself the essential questions: what leads these more useful steroetypes to be formed? what qualities do REAL LSEs have that might make them good supervisors? what could many other LSEs be better at? etc, and try to find contrasting types in supervisory positions who aren't LSE, simply by ridding the basic supervisory factor out of the typing process and noticing how they interact with different people.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, good point, good questions. I look at types as the skeleton, personality/culture/life experience/the other crap as the meat. Trust me, I ask all those questions to myself automatically. I use the stereotypes as a reference point to start somewhere.

We can talk about Te this Ne that, Renin this, Jung that, dickonomy this, vaginacotomy that, but what does it mean in real life? I'll save that theoretical stuff for the NTs- whoops, just stereotyped again.

So anyway, back to the original question. What about Arnold's life struck you as LSE, Te/Fi valuing good sir?
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 06-09-2011 at 06:08 AM.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    In an interview with Fortune Magazine in 2004, Schwarzenegger told how he suffered what "would now be called child abuse" at the hands of his father. "My hair was pulled. I was hit with belts. So was the kid next door. It was just the way it was. Many of the children I've seen were broken by their parents, which was the German-Austrian mentality. They didn't want to create an individual. It was all about conforming. I was one who did not conform, and whose will could not be broken. Therefore, I became a rebel. Every time I got hit, and every time someone said, 'you can't do this,' I said, 'this is not going to be for much longer, because I'm going to move out of here. I want to be rich. I want to be somebody.'"

Forgive me if I'm being influenced by MBTT or Keirsey conceptions of the ESTJ, but is this really insight into the mentality of an LSE?
    It is, actually. Se-devaluers chafe under authority and a hierarchical power structure (strict hierarchy is more of a Beta theme; Gammas are power-conscious, but in a more fluid manner -- more related to the individual worth or "weight" of people); which is why the majority of MBTI ESTJs are actually SLE or LIE rather than LSE. Mind, my typing of the Governator is actually SEE for reasons unrelated, but this actually makes Delta more likely rather than less.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj

If you can't see it that just means you're deaf.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SLE description sounds like ass in comparison.

Both don't sound all that cool though.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The SLE description sounds like ass in comparison.
    That's terrible.

Both don't sound all that cool though.
    LSE description always sounds cool, even when it is written by monkeys, ancient monkeys, in possession of ancient monkey language.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    What ass part in particular?

Those are more business-oriented description, I chose them since Schwarzenegger has a business role atm, and I find them quite accurate. The LSE one is better than the SLE one, but I used the same writer to make it easy to compare the types.
    Maybe it's just the business angle in general. Both descriptions don't have any soul to them.

I guess the subtle notes of impulsive, almost higher Perception qualities in the LSE ("gambling man") sound cooler at least. And the "strict dress code" of SLE sounds like an unadventurous square.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this would happen after the scandals.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Useful information
    Duh. I doubt it is useful for you for you already posted it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    LSE description always sounds cool, even when it is written by monkeys, ancient monkeys, in possession of ancient monkey language.
    Stop it, man. You're making me want to be Delta.

Except, if I do that, I have to play the role of some retarded LSE Middle Manager's cookie baking EII martyr housewife. And like it.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stop it, man. You're making me want to be Delta.
    Come in, Obersturmführer is way too dumb anyway. No dumb people policy in delta.

Except, if I do that, I have to play the role of some retarded LSE Middle Manager's cookie baking EII martyr housewife. And like it.
    Don't worry about that, Streetfighter Ryu has a surplus, you can always snatch one or two.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for clearing that up. I suppose the Ti would fall in line with Gulenko's Holographic cognitive style (fwiw), but EP temperment would seem less premeditative from the outside. I don't find SLE predictable/squarish in actuality either.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You are smart for an LSE.
    Why thank you, I love you too. It comes naturally, I don't even have to strain myself.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I love the both of you.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUK2QmdUXas

I think I love the both of you.
    You want a sandwich ?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ananke's contrast between LSE and SLE is good and to the point. Indeed "gambler" doesn't sound like LSE, except he goes headlong into things and takes decisions on the fly (that's some sort of risk-taking). SLEs tend to analyze and plan the tactics ahead in order to strike once, though they are more prone to enter endeavours that are risky in themselves - untested waters, uncertain success, but the promise of a great outcome.

Also, IME while LSEs are the ones who boast having "nothing to hide", SLEs keep their intentions secret, avoiding to spoil the premises they start off. I doubt SLEs can fully trust anyone. Unlike LSEs, who consider agreements to be a given and easily designate people to tasks for the common good, SLEs insure technically they can't be cheated, they tell in your face they need a physical guarantee when it comes to money & stuff. SLE needs control from the start, LSE manages things under way.
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You want a sandwich ?
    Nah I'm cool.

I have my doubts that it's an LSE sandwich though.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Nah I'm cool.

I have my doubts that it's an LSE sandwich though.
    you cant question his LSEness and let udps stand. unacceptable

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    Ryu's seriousness, inflexibility, and inability to even listen to the protests around him - not to mention his redneck conceptions of gender, reminds me of this Delta ST gym coach I had once, who made me run laps for weeks for not wearing the proper gym shorts (mine were too "gay" and colorful apparently). Maybe they're all LSI, who knows. Either way, these kind of people are my conflictors.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nah I'm cool. I have my doubts that it's an LSE sandwich though.
    Well, I think you're thinking about the wrong sandwich.

Ryu's seriousness, inflexibility, and inability to even listen to the protests around him
    Well, I can't say I'm not deaf to opposition but it so happens I actually agree with Kassie or other delta NF(s) for the most part.

Right on! I'm bookmarking this

Thanks Kassie.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol absurd

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESTJ, one of rare ones in big politics

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    He seems EJ, not EIE.
    Agreed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryu's seriousness, inflexibility, and inability to even listen to the protests around him - not to mention his redneck conceptions of gender, reminds me of this Delta ST gym coach I had once, who made me run laps for weeks for not wearing the proper gym shorts (mine were too "gay" and colorful apparently). Maybe they're all LSI, who knows. Either way, these kind of people are my conflictors.
    I dont think there is a single well-informed person on this board, aside from those who simply accept his self-typing because its his self-typing and dont pretend to "know better" (ie lazy bitches), who believe UDP to be LSE. Absolute utter rubbish. He is most likely EII, in my opinion, or perhaps LII.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Hmm also I think SLEs and LSEs are sometimes confused on here because LSEs can act tough and irrational too, you know, and its just bad stereotyping. LSEs aren't all your traditional businessmen, nor are they all dominating types. It's best not to even go there with that kind of superficiality, and look deeper into the type of cognition, not the rigid form it takes. Being rational doesn't make you more obstinate, traditional, well-mannered or anything, but is based on how we intake information.

Quote Originally Posted by guy123 View Post
    Eh.
    I agree. My LSE BF is a writer/artist/cineste with a business sense. His goal is to be productive in an economical and rational sense in that industry, in a business fashion and to capitalize on his skill.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast