Thread: Video Type Tacit, Por Favor?

TIM
    Se-LSI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Video Type Tacit, Por Favor?

Hey all. If you've read my intro, you know I was going with LIE because of how Cognitive Type video-typed me.

I'm curious how you guys would peg me, as I want to be really confident as to where I stand.

If I throw off the LIE label and use my best guessing power, I would say delta ST at this point. What do you think? Oh, and if it makes any difference, I'm a little sick and tired in this vid.

Thanks all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA05s62X-Jo

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Te ego pretty obvious, leaning towards st. you should look into sli or lse specifically. you dont strike me as si polr. what gave it away was the reason why you chose a specific job. "i cant sit still with something i find boring." thats a pretty si thing to say. a ni ego would disregard that and do it anyway, because of some vision they have for themselves in the future. fe polr can also be a thing, recalling how youd hate to have to pretend to be nice to customers. as a role function you might be alright, but i get the feeling it might be polr for you.

why you also strike me as si over ni is your down to earth logic, your vi strikes me as having strong sensing over intuition, also the fact you go canoeing and hiking and stuff make me point more towards si than ni. i think fe polr might be rather obvious.
    i think id type you sli, sli-si perhaps. si is often conflated with ni. you also strike me as an 8 or 9, probably 8 with a 9 wing.
    perhaps sx/sp or sp/sx.
    your interest in religious stuff seems like ne hidden agenda. i often notice how si people in general are into this spiritual stuff, youre not the first one. its because of their need for ne. you also seem not 'wishy washy' enoughto be ni, and you have quite a piercing look in your eyes, which is an indicator for strong sensing. intuitives often have a gloomy dreamy look out of their eyes.
    also your posture seems rather replicant of strong sensing. broad shoulders, rather strong jawline for ni ego.

also janitor is the most si job ever lol. you say you walk around and use 'common sense' to know what you have to clean and what not. that 'common sense' others may call si, because ot really is not obvious to al whether or how and when something looks 'out of place'. i think you might have ur si to thank for that. often our leading function is so obvious to us because we are using it all the time, that we forget of it as an actual function. i havr that with ti all the time. its when ppl mention it that u start to think hm, maybe its not as obvious to others as it is to me. thats also why u might find that u 'have no personality', because you personality has become sp obvious that u dont notice it anymore

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey, I think you're pretty. IDK if that means anything.

I'm typing as I'm watching your video.

My first visual impression is ESI, but I also get some strong hints of LSI. Your avatar picture is also LSI. Which means nothing, just first impressions from a guy who is terrible at typing. So maybe what I'm seeing is Se/Ni.

"camping with my tribe" - That sounds so ESI/LSI. Stop at the 7 minute mark, BBL.

no, I'm still watching.

"OCD for planning" - ESI.

11 minute mark - OMG, ESI.

ESI ESI ESI.

You have ESI-Se eyes, too.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-04-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is SLI. Mainly because of your ST look and childhood.
    For SLIs, they often give me the impression of someone who has a deep regret, which I kinda notice in you too.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hey, I think you're pretty. IDK if that means anything.

I'm typing as I'm watching your video.

My first visual impression is ESI, but I also get some strong hints of LSI. Your avatar picture is also LSI. Which means nothing, just first impressions from a guy who is terrible at typing. So maybe what I'm seeing is Se/Ni.

"camping with my tribe" - That sounds so ESI/LSI. Stop at the 7 minute mark, BBL.

no, I'm still watching.

"OCD for planning" - ESI.

11 minute mark - OMG, ESI.

ESI ESI ESI.

You have ESI-Se eyes, too.
    no adam, not everyone who is pretty is esi...

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

My first impression tells me SLI, maybe Te subtype.

You come across as Logical, Introverted, 1D Fe, 1D Ne.

In that manner, I guess it is not impossible for you to be LSI as an alternative; based on your childhood story, you could be an LSI maybe.
    Your interest in poetry, future planning and such could be Ni HA (or Ni Role and Farsighted ).

You are most likely 6w5 SP; also based on your story – your concerns about financial security etc.

All in all, I am gonna go with ISTx.

I'd say you are either LSI-Ti or SLI-Te. I'd need to observe you more on the forum to tell for sure which one.
    But I am slightly leaning towards LSI-Ti for now.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

seems LSI

serious girl

My first visual impression is ESI, but I also get some strong hints of LSI. Your avatar picture is also LSI. Which means nothing, just first impressions from a guy who is terrible at typing.
    Adam, you make the progress. Your version is very close to correct and you saw the correct one as the second abbility.
    I recommend to look at my bloggers to see the difference between ESI and LSI emotionality.

> "OCD for planning" - ESI.

OCD is more T types stuff as it's generally caused by moral limitations (their weak function). Also F-S types are not so good in planning to make this as mind-bubblegum in her degree.
    Last edited by Sol; 11-04-2017 at 03:20 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    no adam, not everyone who is pretty is esi...

Lol. I know.

I should have emphasized the part where I said "I" think she is pretty, meaning that I, as an LIE, think she's pretty. There are lots of pretty women on the forum who are not ESI, whose "prettiness" I can easily recognize as being "pretty according to a social standard", but I was implying that she was "pretty according to a personal standard". I think we are unconsciously attracted to our duals, and that is all I meant.

FWIW, there were moments in the video when I was sure she was LSI (by VI), and I think that is still a remote possibility, but I'm leaning much more toward ESI.

I'll give a point-by-point breakdown as to why I think ESI when I have more time, probably tomorrow.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I should have emphasized the part where I said "I" think she is pretty, meaning that I, as an LIE, think she's pretty.
    Still not how it works.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ST I'd go with LSI>SLI. Never knew a LIE girl in person (they are pretty rare). But could be too.

Very important for knowing your type: look into the J/P differences (rational/Irrational).

I'd go for LSI over SLi because you seem more focused on Fe as Adam said, "tribe" and camping which SLI girls are unlikely to do because its very uncomfortable (Si focus on comfort, as the SLI girl description says).

Also you mention being obsessively concerned by future almost OCD point which I'd put in rationality, J types since P (irrational) types are not really structured or concerned on that topic.
    Last edited by Hope; 11-04-2017 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

dat 1d si tho lol

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syrup View Post
    ST I'd go with LSI>SLI. Never knew a LIE girl in person (they are pretty rare). But could be too.

Very important for knowing your type: look into the J/P differences (rational/Irrational).
    I know two LIE females. They are similar to @Tacit in a vague way, but really are quite different in details. For one thing, they are what I would call "rationally not attractive - a bit rough", but that's just my own notation and probably doesn't translate well. I think of ESI-Se's as "irrationally attractive and smooth". I have no idea what this means.

I agree she is not SLI. Lol, that is so far off the mark.

*EDIT* LIE females give me the impression of saying to everyone "You have twenty seconds to prove to me that I should pay any attention to you at all, but if you can't do that, you are going into the "stupid people" bin." Alternately, if they are being nicer, it is more like "Ha Ha. Now fuck off."
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-04-2017 at 03:28 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    Still not how it works.
    What type do you think she is?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think we are unconsciously attracted to our duals, and that is all I meant.
    Sure we are. "Good people" we find as more attractive. While her not bad appearance of a young girl adds to this impression.

TIM
    Se-LSI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading over things, LSI is seeming likely. ESI is out of the question.* I think I was just misunderstanding SLI.

* just kidding
    Last edited by Tacit; 11-06-2017 at 10:15 PM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your focus on analyzing your childhood is a gamma trait. I think maybe ILI.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm curious. Why is ESI out of the question?

TIM
    Se-LSI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange:

Sure.

Fi – Program function. As an introvert, ESI is primarily oriented at her own directives, system of values, and motivations, for which the external factors are only circumstantial. An ethical introvert possesses in her consciousness an all-encompassing idea about personal and ethical norms, about rules of coexistence, of the need to lead a particular way of life, that, from her point of view, is the only one worthy of a person.
    Subjective ethics of relations is ESI's strongest function. She understands, from an earliest age, what is good and what is bad. She is a moralist - and considers it necessary to clearly formulate and firmly observe personal criteria of behavior and moral norms.

Especially important for her are traditions and ethical systems, which, have been accumulated by people throughout centuries. She believes that these traditions, and also the rituals, serve as necessary reference points capable of orienting people in any situation in life. ESI assumes that these traditions must be kept and preserved with great care, never transgressed, and passed on from one generation to another.
    I don't really have a system of values at all, and don't care. The closest I come to this is learning how not to hurt people and trying to understand how to the world works in order to flow with it. To think there is A way of life - wah??? I just want to learn how to get along with others, not develop a morality. I might be understanding the terms incorrectly, but emotions > ethics.

I just cherry-pick from systems. While I have a deep, embarrassing need to find a dogma to just follow completely, I see flaws in a lot of it and see tradition as something to grow FROM, not mummify. But yeah I do wish I could just robotically enforce "the truth" - if only there was such a thing

Ti – Program function. Logically sensible and elegant system – this is the foundation for everything. LSI attempts to find such logical system, to become incorporated into it, to follow it and to perfect it. He analyzes and thinks over everything that surrounds him. From this information, he creates classifications and designations, creates hierarchies, derives maxims. All of this must be clearly stated and presented in various directions and instructions that aid in understanding and organizing life.
    It is clear to him that whoever does not waver and follows such prescriptions will attain more in life, if he ceaselessly works hard and achieves commendable results – then such person will be able to attain a worthy place in society.
    He is proud of having such ability, and it is exactly in this that he realizes himself. His pride suffers if another person is capable of doing the same job better than him. In such situations, LSI is capable of assuming work with thrice the force in order to not fall behind, for he finds it absolutely unacceptable to fall to a lower position in the conceptualized hierarchy he is aware of in his mind.
    Ha ha - yes, yes, and more yes. Obsessive over understanding. Angsty about unknowns. Computer-like thinking. One of my old friends (XeNi) called me his "robotic ambient sponge" .... a**hole : p. The biggest problem is not understanding what I want, not having a vision, not knowing what my own feelings mean. When help is provided, I am like a well-sharpened knife, and derive much pleasure from just plain functioning, whatever the heck that is supposed to mean

I do have to say, though, that for whatever reason, Sol's IR LIEs were just smokin'.

Meh.

Another biggie is the duality descriptions - LIE sounds more like someone who I would think was interesting but would not hook up with. I definitely don't vibe with ESI-LIE. It would get more intense with what I read about LSI-EIE - I have always had a sort of patron fantasy anyway; it fits.

Whaddya think? Still convinced of ESI?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSI is rather clear.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on LSI

Excessive planning can be Ne PoLR. It's like these types want to fill all possibilities with plans so that nothing is open. That way painful intuition will not be necessary

Thanks for the video
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tacit View Post
    @Adam Strange:

Whaddya think? Still convinced of ESI?
    @Tacit, The argument for LSI is getting better. As I said, my first impressions were ESI or LSI, and your Avatar is LSI>>>ESI, and there were moments in the video where I was convinced of LSI. I need to think about this a bit more and come up with some questions which might clearly and quickly differentiate between the two types. (I'm refining my own perceptions here, too.)

Questions concerning angst about the future or the need to put your environment in order will not do it, because both address Se/Ni. Probably the best way to tell the difference would be through Fe- or Te-seeking.

The ESI's whom I know tend to say, at one point or another, "You don't know what I'm thinking" (4D-Fi), and "I need to know the facts" (1D-Te).

On the other hand, the female LSI's that I know tend to feel overwhelmed by their rationality (high Ti, low Fe) and are afraid that they appear "masculine". They also seem to best appreciate a person who goes out of their way to be nice to a random stranger (Fe demonstration), and they really fall for a bright smile on a guy and a clear demonstration of verbal feelings and physical affection. I know this, since I have Fe-role and two ex-LSI GF's (both of whom are fantastic people, incidentally.)

The defining difference in my mind between LSI's and ESI's is that LSI's tend to want Fe drama, and that's where they and I differ. ESI's do not like drama at all, IME. That's one of the Beta/Gamma divides.

Incidentally, your avatar picture appears to be a very artistic (Se) Japanese actor (Hamlet?) who is demonstrating emotions (Fe) in a strictly formal (Ti) play.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-05-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The ESI's whom I know tend to say, at one point or another, "You don't know what I'm thinking" (4D-Fi)
    I'd relate this to their weak nonvalued Ne, - they may don't like when people intuitively guess their internals. When those ESI talk on psychology forums the situation is especially funny.

> The defining difference in my mind between LSI's and ESI's is that LSI's tend to want Fe drama

The defining difference between types is in their ego functions.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not easy.

What about SEI ??

Im kindof seeing it now
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Tacit, When I first started dating the second LSI, she showed me a movie called RAN to tell me who she is. In the movie, one of the characters is a female LSI, a former princess who was reduced to concubinage and who motivated the plot by trying to regain her former status by working within the system.

Here is a screen shot from the film, with the female LSI Lady Kaede attempting to convince an EIE prince to abandon his wife and marry her: https://i.imgur.com/87jo7ix.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ran_(film)

TIM
    Se-LSI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange : woah, sounds like a head case.

I'm sure not all LSIs are psychos

Why do you include this?

TIM
    Se-LSI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo : SEI - wahhhhhh? lol, never saw that one coming. I mean go ahead and piece together an argument if you want

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange : woah, sounds like a head case.

I'm sure not all LSIs are psychos

Why do you include this?
    I included it so you could decide if either of these type descriptions resonated with you.

So far, I would say that your avatar and some claims you've made point to LSI, but somehow I can't entirely let go of the ESI typing.
    I have a hard time anticipating your responses, which happens to me far more with ESI-Se' s than it does with LSI's, whom I find very predictable. You also have what I think of as a breezy attitude, which I associate more with ESI-Se's than with the super-rational LSI' s.
    I'm not trying to force you into a mold, I'm just integrating my impressions and trying to nail everything down.
    In any case, when you interact more, your type will become clearer.

TIM
    Se-LSI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange :

I really appreciate your effort - thank you. When I read certain descriptions of Fi, it really resonates - but only certain ones. And I guess I can't see an underlying connection between the resonate ones and the bleh ones. A good Fi description resonates more than a good ti one, but ti descriptions more frequently hit the mark - but perhaps a mean is insignificant?

I sure as hell never resonated with reinin declaring, that I knew without a doubt. I am an asking type and am a hub for monologuers to dump their expression on

With Sol's IR, LIE was the only one I really was attracted to - very attracted to. Second place went to LSE with the comment "would be best friends" and third (a far far third) went to IEE. That definitely doesn't fit LSI especially when considering the alpha quadra had the most negative comments (including things like "I want to punch them in the face" lol)

My IQ is higher than average and I am a hard-ass, so I could see how if I am an ethical type, I go against simple stereotypes with my behavior resembling the logical one more. If that IS the case. But I did always think behaviorism was so secondary to trying to describe a flow of consciousness.

Oh, and when I first found MBTI as a young teen, I scored INFP and cried at the description. But then I was called asshole, cold, and intelligent too many times so I thought "must be logical type" : p

Again, I really appreciate everyone's responses to my Help Meeeeee thread, as I seem to be poor at working this out myself

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

With Sol's IR, LIE was the only one I really was attracted to - very attracted to.
    The criterion of IR sorting is not attraction, but _psychic comfort_, friendly sympathy.
    Would be useful the comparision EIE+ESE vs LIE+LSE by the mentioned criterion. At first it needs to watch and _generalize_ your impressions for every of these types (as it's recommended there), concrete bloggers does not matter.
    The method is not easy for Se types, - it uses Ne, your weak nonvalued function. But the main issues were the wrong criterion and the accent on impressions from concrete bloggers instead of types themselves.

TIM
    Se-LSI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol Well, for me, attraction can't exist without psychic comfort - that is what I meant. Faces alone don't mean anything. But I'll give it another shot just in case.

LSI - I would be friends with the males and do cool outdoorsy stuff with them. Positive. Uncomfortable listening to the females, did not "get" them
    EIE - mixed - some I would want to slap if I had to listen to them drone, some seemed like interesting conversation partners. Couldn't see a particularly close relationship though, minus good conversation. GOD - some real DRAMA queens and kings - shut up!

LIE - yeah, crushing on all of them.I don't know what most of them are saying, but HOW they are saying it - well, I could listen to them all day. Even if the first dude was bragging about those medals (he is like a twin of my old best friend) I would listen mesmerized.
    ESI - There would be quiet understanding between us. We'd get each other. We could be assholes to each other - they could handle it ^^ We could probably share funny videos. Very comfortable, but there would have to be more people in the group for some spice.

Considering LSE was second best, and alpha was the lowest rated, Maybe @Adam Strange was onto something?
    Last edited by Tacit; 11-06-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

attraction can't exist without psychic comfort
    The problem is that attraction also depends on appearance, which is not psyche. To use attraction as sorting criterion is incorrectly.

> Couldn't see a particularly close relationship though, minus good conversation.

You need to try IRL. F-N types are best for "good conversation", except maybe technical things.

> Maybe Adam Strange was onto something?

May to help the comparision like I said in previous message. Also you need IRL experience - to find/remember base Fe and Te people near you, to talk with them, to deal, - then check which give you more pleasant soul state.
    LSI like to be emotionally inspired by others, while ESI should to get most pleasure seeing reasonable thinking of others, while they see difficulties with it in themselves.

TIM
    Se-LSI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I promise I was blurring appearance and observing body language, intonation - analyzing the inner of the people as much as I could and using my intuition to connect what animates the examples to real people I knew. And I like sensible people. dramatic = obnoxious, though I like a private, heartfelt one-on-one intensity (equal connection, however). Emotional inspiration sounds very uncomfortable and intrusive.

Ok, well, damn - ESI is looking likely now. Couldn't deny the ESI VI compared to Filatova's portraits:

Screenshot_from_2017_11_06_17_41_51.png

I think I and perhaps some who watched my vid were operating under the incorrect assumptions this marvelous article talks about: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-in-Socionics

I mean, I'll be frank - I never did understand how ethical types were their own thing - they always sounded like inferior thinking types like the article says. But I fit that description perfectly.

In my few closest friendships, I have always been the one to question and explore my friend's inner worlds. We'd often unlock places that frightened them. It was an honor to break parts of them to make room for growth. I remember playing "Freud" with an old boyfriend on the phone (I love asking questions that go deeper and deeper) and we got to a place where he suddenly told me he had to stop, as he was shaking. I share this because when really getting close to people, they all say I have been the one that sees through them best.

My suspected ENTj friend called me sledgehammer because of this. But it is always done in love, promise : p

^ half kidding, half serious

My ability to analyze people's music and corresponding mood, their body language and mood, tone and mood, desire in the eyes is....ok, it is hard to match.

I must have that Se-ESI wounded hard-ass going on, because I appear black and white and sharp on the outside. And in debates where I happen to know the topic, I can be a savage. But really I seem to notice shades of consciousness, emotion, etc. others were oblivious to.

Please please please crush my thinking if you can! Remember, I'm a poor little sensor type and *gasp* possibly a feeler type as well. I need yer brainz.

And again, thanks to everyone, especially @Sol and @Adam Strange 's continuous efforts

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Your type is LSI. There is nothing significant to think it's ESI.
    After IRL communication with base Fe and Te you'll understand this. It's not easy to correctly use the theory for novices. You need personal experience of watching people of different types and how IR work on you.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI or LSI.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There were a lot of points you made in the video which caused me to think ESI. My impression of LSI is mostly due to your avatar and a few facial micro-expressions and to your statement that you think you are a T-type, and I place a lot of weight on a person's self-evaluation. But in particular, your descriptions of your job and your thoughts on cashiering strike me as ESI.

Your attraction to LIE's over EIE's is indicative but not conclusive, especially since I, myself, find LSI's to be immediately attractive, but I find ESI's IRL to be kind of remote but we could be friends, and the more time we spend together, the better friends we become. Weirdly enough, when I'm around ESI's IRL, I get comfortable and happy. This kind of thing might not be evident to you when watching a video.

I also think your self-image could have been distorted by the stressful events in your childhood. Mine was, but while my early life was distorting to my self-image, it was probably objectively more stable than yours might have been. Stable, but alienating. Lol. I was allowed to live at my parent's house as long as I appeared to think and act like the person they insisted that I be.

In any case, I just watched your video again, and I think you strongly resemble an ESI-Se friend of mine. I've known this guy for almost thirty years, and you and he share many, many expressions. Many more than you do with the LSI's that I know. I'd say you and he are both "running the same software".

I made a transcript of your video and intended to go over it point by point, but abandoned that effort because really, it will just be more efficient to let you make up you own mind, based on your continuing experiences here.

The real way to get at the difference between LSI and ESI is to ask if you prefer to use Ti or Fi, and if you are attracted to Fe or Te, and I think your reactions to sol's videos are an important indicator here. You might also want to read up on the respective type descriptions. Stratiyevskaya has some good ones, but there are others that might read better.

Here's something that you might like, which illustrates the difference between the two Te-doms, LSE and LIE. The LSE will tell you what you are or should do, period, because they have gained their knowledge by hard experiences (Si) and they are just sharing their knowledge with you. An LIE will tell you what they see in a situation, and may give their opinion but will let you draw your own conclusions, because your conclusions will add to their knowledge, whatever they are (Ni), and will increase the in-depth resilience of the team.
    And an EIE can navigate and influence the emotional moods of a group better than any type I've ever seen. LIE's and EIE's are actually similar in many ways, but EIE's have Fe while LIE's have Te.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 11-07-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if you think you might be LSI I'd talk to @squark. I wouldn't trust Adam for shit. He's a creepy old man with weird ideas about everything and probably thinks you're fresh meat or has some other disgusting ulterior motive

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    if you think you might be LSI I'd talk to @squark. I wouldn't trust Adam for shit. He's a creepy old man with weird ideas about everything and probably thinks you're fresh meat or has some other disgusting ulterior motive
    @Tacit, in case you aren't familiar with @Bertrand and his unique perspective yet, let me state that I have zero interest in meeting anyone on this forum.

But he is correct about me being really old, certainly compared to most of the people on this forum. I'm so old, you should consider me to be basically dead. But that has it's advantages sometimes. Lol.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah Im sure that would up under investigation

TIM
    Se-LSI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bertrand : Oi - wouldn't such a viewpoint be more appropriate for a pm?

All I can say is that @Adam Strange has been helpful and I appreciate his sharing.

And thanks for the recommendation, I shall go bug squark sometime 'cause I want to get this right

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

naw fuck adam, everyone deserves to know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast