Thread: Anthony Fantano of The Needle Drop

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anthony Fantano of The Needle Drop

He is the most popular reviewer of underground music on the internet. I find his alter ego hilarious, but the rest of the videos are usually only mildly interesting.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think someone proposed ILE for him at some point. I can agree with that. Ti-subtype could be it.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That could be it. I had originally thought SEI for him, but seeing him recently Im not sure he is goofy enough. He is definitely Ti/Fe though.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I noticed in this review he interprets understated emotion as being a gimmick, or something that they have to go out of their way to force, so that might be proof for Fi-PoLR.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rare SLE nerd species

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His interview with Nardwuar gives a more candid look at his personality than his actual videos. He seems very rigid to me. I think that's just a symptom of Ti ego.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changed my mind on this one too. I think he is definitely ESE. I just recently got to know an ESE who is very similar to him, and I think it explains his silly humor and why a lot of his non-musical tangents lie in the sphere of social norms applied to culture.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-Ni

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cal is the best.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he (Anthony, not Cal) is an alpha extrovert.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTX?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    ILE
    i despise him
    I feel the same way. Aggressively childish. I'm not sure whether it is ILE or LIE.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not familiar with this guy, but he is running the same software as this creepy grad student I worked with many years ago. The guy's creepiness was legendary in the places he worked. He actually got a restraining order placed against him on the third day of his job in one place by a woman that he spoke to only briefly.

Over time, a pattern emerged between this guy and his jobs. He'd get these great jobs based on his published accomplishments, but when people actually had to work with him in person, he'd be let go in the shortest time possible.

I always thought that the creepy guy I knew was one-of-a-kind, and seriously mentally screwed up. He was incredibly smart, but was able to universally make people hate him in less than a minute of meeting him. BUT, here he is again. Maybe this guy in this thread represents some odd combination of sociotype and enneagrem that isn't very common, IDK.

I do know that my good ILI friend Karl, a genius-level guy who started a laser manufacturing company when he was twenty and never had to seriously work again, met creepy guy at a working lunch one day. Creepy guy said one sentence to Karl and, in Karl's world, he immediately ceased to exist. Just vanished from the Earth. The guy still talked at Karl, but to Karl, there was no one sitting in that chair. I thought the guy was a pain in the ass and an asshole, but I had never seen anyone treat him like Karl did. Karl didn't waste time with idiots.

Could Karl and Creepy Guy have been conflictors? IDK.

I do think Fantano is Alpha. I don't get warm fuzzy feelings from him, either.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't want to type him because I would have to watch his videos. I dislike him, too. not sure if he's alpha from what I remember

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably Ti-SLE. Maybe ILE.

Not that familiar with him. Whatever he's talking about seems boring, and I resent people trying to explain music to me.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@hag
    I think it's a possibility for all extraverted types - just dominated by rationality or irrationality. ILE is usually described as ''good-natured'' and calm (which i agree with, but also that this good-natured attitude also culls any real discussion of weight at times when it is needed), whereas aggressiveness is often relegated to central quadras. I agree with present Ne, though. Also seems Fe indulging in an obscene, meaningless way.

What do you think, @Sol?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    What do you think
    theneedledrop - mb SEE

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    theneedledrop - mb SEE
    Interesting. Quite far off from ENTX guess of mine.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDK about this guy. You know there are people you love to hate? This is a guy I hate to hate.

I can't stand him but I wish I didn't. Something about him annoys me though.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He kind of looks like a white RuPaul
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see ILE for Fantano. He has that Ti creative ability to go on and on about anything. I did enjoy listening to him trash poorly constructed lyrics, though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post

He kind of looks like a white RuPaul
    Also this gave me a hearty laugh, props.

TIM
    IEI 4w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE-Ti and So/Sp. Someone suggested Ti dom for him because of a certain social rigidity, but I think that has more to do with his stacking.

Side note, Personality Database types him as ENFJ and LIE? Ha!

TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ori View Post
    yeah im pretty torn about ILE or ESE. he seems too EJ to be an ILE but also too much Ti to be ESE. I'm leaning towards a really weird ILE-Ti
    Idk him, but good call, since ESE has 1D Ti and it would not be in them, prevalent.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).

My thoughts align with action to succeed what needs…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits