Thread: Most immitative type

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Most immitative type

What's in your experience the most imitative type (if you have noticed or seen a pattern)? I'm talking about those ppl who unconsciously (probably) imitate others who they like, feel identified with, are prone to take models from parents or teachers, imitate ppl to have a feeling of belonging like friends, seek acceptance etc (the reasons may vary).

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Isn't the most obvious answer the SEI? Or perhaps IEE. I can't decide if it's IEE or SEI hmm.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LSE will often mimic mannerisms, tone, and accent. SLI will do so if mocking someone.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol @Aramas I like your posts. You're always hitting the nail on the head. I mean, I've just noticed the SLI mocking thing so much. They're usually nice or neutral, but piss them off enough and they mock you very well in a sadistically arrogant way.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I feel like I can imitate introverts from other quadras depending on how I want to talk to someone. You have to meet them halfway to appeal to them.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    Isn't the most obvious answer the SEI? Or perhaps IEE. I can't decide if it's IEE or SEI hmm.
    YES but I wanted to hear it from you.

IME SEI and sometimes EII. Not IEE afaik.
    Last edited by Hope; 09-29-2018 at 03:13 AM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol @Aramas I like your posts. You're always hitting the nail on the head. I mean, I've just noticed the SLI mocking thing so much. They're usually nice or neutral, but piss them off enough and they mock you very well in a sadistically arrogant way.
    there are plenty of easily annoyed evil SLIs spread all over the globe.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LoL Aki what do you mean you want to hear it from me. Didn't I just tell you.

OH I guess you wanted me to be more direct/confident about it. Women usually like that.

IEE is a good imitator of others, that's how they manipulate so well. ((this manipulation isn't always bad or 'evil' I don't judge it that way)) I mean I kind of see through it all the time, but it does seem genuine- they are good at telling the other person what they want to hear, and well- the compliments they do give people are genuine and heartfelt. IEE Fe is very good. They just don't value it. They will secretly always be team Delta, but can seem like they can be anybody's friend.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol, I mean that I was thinking in SEI but I wanted to hear it from others, because I could be wrong, Ime SEI, EII. IEE doesnt imitate too much imo, they like to be more original, manipulation is something different though.
    Last edited by Hope; 09-29-2018 at 03:13 AM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I definitely prefer to be original, but people like a good first impression so it's good to sort of just say what someone wants to hear at first and then just... kinda morph back into my normal behavior once I've gotten on their good side. I'd like to say a good manipulation tactic is acting clueless and helpless to get people to feel better about helping you, but nine times out of ten I really am just clueless and helpless with no strings attached.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's because I do my Socionics on the basis of experience, not just theory. I make my Socionics real.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LoL Aki what do you mean you want to hear it from me. Didn't I just tell you.

OH I guess you wanted me to be more direct/confident about it. Women usually like that.

IEE is a good imitator of others, that's how they manipulate so well. ((this manipulation isn't always bad or 'evil' I don't judge it that way)) I mean I kind of see through it all the time, but it does seem genuine- they are good at telling the other person what they want to hear, and well- the compliments they do give people are genuine and heartfelt. IEE Fe is very good. They just don't value it. They will secretly always be team Delta, but can seem like they can be anybody's friend.
    IEEs are some of the most patient manipulators out there. They can chat you up for hours and be fucking with you the whole time. They hardly give any cues in their body language either. The only way for me to identify their bullshit came from experience. It's obvious once you've seen it and categorized it, but hard to tell otherwise. The best IEE manipulator I've known made about 3 mistakes in logical consistency that I caught after knowing him for 4 years. He was damn smooth. In retrospect, with all my prior experience, it would probably be easier for me to catch their mistakes now, but then, I had no idea.

You're right about IEE being good at imitating. What they do is mainly copying posture. They'll often mirror yours to create rapport and make you think they like you. I only caught said IEE mirroring once. I hadn't had any prior experience with the idea of mirroring, but I still noticed it once, because he shifted his posture too quickly after me, and mirrored me too exactly.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah my IEE cousin really buttered me up for a long time, but it was too nice and I just couldn't buy it. She tried to come off like she was this saintly woman to homosexuals and gay rights, but I know for a fact she laughed at my ******ry behind my back with her brother so it was like bitch please. ((my other team of Betas spy on her for me when I'm not around.))

That's like every IEE mainstream American therapist to me too kinda lol.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah my IEE cousin really buttered me up for a long time, but it was too nice and I just couldn't buy it. She tried to come off like she was this saintly woman to homosexuals and gay rights, but I know for a fact she laughed at my ******ry behind my back with her brother so it was like bitch please. ((my other team of Betas spy on her for me when I'm not around.))

That's like every IEE mainstream American therapist to me too kinda lol.
    Lollll! Delta Ps are fake liberals who make a big show about caring about gay rights but they don't give even half a damn.

I had an SLI therapist who was exactly that.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're ESI right Aramas?

Yeah you definitely feel like my benefactor right now lol.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're ESI right Aramas?

Yeah you definitely feel like my benefactor right now lol.
    It's my best guess for now. Seems to fit lol. Delta P has gay pride flags on their door, safe space and all that bullshit. Then they go home, don their camo shirts and think to themselves "those damn ******s." Two-faced as fuck.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Aramas

HAHA GOD YESSS. that's exactly how IEE cousin is. I mean I don't really hate her for it, I just think it's interesting but she's like all that to me and then with her brother she's like, /puts on military uniform and gets gun. Let's go kill some queers! ((it's not THAT extreme, we're just being campy for comedic effect.)

I know she's on that side more than she is mine, because behind her brother's back she will defend him but behind my back it's the 'lol Sam is such a fag' smiles. IEI see through the manipulations well but we're IEIs and kinda too passive/uncaring to do much about it. I think LSIs REALLY call them out on their shit though.

This makes sense cause delta has all the LSE Christian conservaties and like uber republican straight man that I really, really, clash with. LoL. And all the very spiritual/moralistic EIIs too.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aramas

HAHA GOD YESSS. that's exactly how IEE cousin is. I mean I don't really hate her for it, I just think it's interesting but she's like all that to me and then with her brother she's like, /puts on military uniform and gets gun. Let's go kill some queers! ((it's not THAT extreme, we're just being campy for comedic effect.)

I know she's on that side more than she is to mine, because behind her brother's back she will defend him but behind my back it's the 'lol Sam is such a fag' smiles. IEI see through the manipulations well but we're IEIs and kinda too passive/uncaring to do much about it. I think LSIs REALLY call them out on their shit though.

This makes sense cause delta has all the LSE Christian conservaties and like uber republican straight man that I really, really, clash with. LoL. And all the very spiritual/moralistic EIIs too.
    The only ones who get it are the ones who are gay themselves or who have close gay relatives. Maybe not even then.

I used to not catch this stuff but I'm on to it now xD. I don't like the culture wars because they threaten to throw us all into a totalitarian dystopia, but if closet homophobia becomes a target, sucks for them lmao.

@BandD, ever known anyone so self-hating that they said, "I'm just gay until I can become straight"? At first, that one confused me. I still don't get it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Aramas

I'm not sure but I know a guy now who wants to talk to me about if he's gay or not all the time... after we just did sexual things with each other lol. It's like, really obvious and clear that you at at least a bisexual guy if you can do something sexual with a guy and really like it and not throw up or run away like a true purebred str8 male would or whatever. This guy is super fragile all-around though and I lose patience with him sometimes. I'm usually nice to people who are really vulnerable and sensitive because I'm that way myself and know what it's like but it's like c'mon. lol.

But I do think society/culture kind of forces gay men into this sort of overly ambivalent role, because it's not as popular or as well liked. But you can't really care about that I don't think, you have to like it yourself. A lot of guys still try to say 'I'm bi' to ease themselves into being a full fledged ****** like they always already were.

I disagree with Andrew Sullivan, he seemed to always think that being accepted by breeders was the most important thing for gay men. Nah, liking/accepting ourselves is way more important. Why should I care if I Make a straight man throw up? Why should I have to police myself 24/7 just to be a little more likeable. Obviously, I'm not for them lol.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I am myself all the time, I don't feel like I'm being fake when I express myself as others do. If you don't know how to skateboard would you learn from scratch, or watch others? I'm still a newb to expressing, I'm like a child or an alien when it comes to that shit. I don't feel like I should know how to express myself so I imitate others. It's just more satisfying and natural.

the only real emotions I have are in my eyes. Any other form of expression is something I only do because that's what people want.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As soon as I read the question I thought SEI. My SEI ex kind of had this 'persona' that he was in public, admittedly he was mentally unwell and had been trained to "perform" as a musician and only valued for that, and was very talented to boot so had a lot of success in his teens and put on a pedestal while inwardly ill, BPD, pot addiction, bulimia etc. called himself "Bob Lennon" as this was his kind of half Dylan half Lennon persona. Dylan himself also a SEI had a kind of persona.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aramas

I'm not sure but I know a guy now who wants to talk to me about if he's gay or not all the time... after we just did sexual things with each other lol. It's like, really obvious and clear that you at at least a bisexual guy if you can do something sexual with a guy and really like it and not throw up or run away like a true purebred str8 male would or whatever. This guy is super fragile all-around though and I lose patience with him sometimes. I'm usually nice to people who are really vulnerable and sensitive because I'm that way myself and know what it's like but it's like c'mon. lol.

But I do think society/culture kind of forces gay men into this sort of overly ambivalent role, because it's not as popular or as well liked. But you can't really care about that I don't think, you have to like it yourself. A lot of guys still try to say 'I'm bi' to ease themselves into being a full fledged ****** like they always already were.

I disagree with Andrew Sullivan, he seemed to always think that being accepted by breeders was the most important thing for gay men. Nah, liking/accepting ourselves is way more important. Why should I care if I Make a straight man throw up? Why should I have to police myself 24/7 just to be a little more likeable. Obviously, I'm not for them lol.
    How old is he lol?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Aramas: 31-32.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aramas: 31-32.
    That's a weird age to be experimenting but I guess everyone is unique haha. People have their own paths they have to follow.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My dad (SEE) was always very imitative, and I am too. It's a family thing, I can't see it as type related as everyone on my dad's side does this and I've never seen anyone on my mom's side ever imitate, and yet pretty much all types are represented there.

Not type related.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on how you define "imitative." NFs imitate personalities; SFs imitate appearances.

Doesn't sociotype.com mention that IEEs tend to try out different lifestyles and ideas in line with their base function? You'd think that such a proclivity for exploration would give them the experience necessary to imitate people from different walks of life.

In any case, feelers probably have the most active mirror neurons of the bunch.
    Last edited by Desert Financial; 09-29-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I usually build some sort representation of people's though process based on what they put out. In a way with this understanding it is easy to inject my own crap with estimated outcomes.

So, that is very non apparent mental imitative process. Do not confuse it with feeling people's feelings. If I understand that feeling feelings thingy is very IEE-ish and other kinds of crap butt licking. Just makes me think that they can become "critical thinkers" who follow others thoughts – if you catch the drift.

Question becomes: what can be considered as an imitation act. I'd say that Ij's are least likely the ones who do it [internal subjective rationality].
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEE and IEE

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Humans have been successful as a species because they all imitate and learn from one another. Ejs seem to be the most adaptive to societal pressure; when they recognize good ideas or approaches that are effective, they tend to immediately adopt them as their own. In order to be among the leaders of the pack, being trendy or avant-garde helps. Ips seem to have more of a need for acceptance and will often feign conformance but when digging deeper, alternate realities often become very apparent. Eps will often buck the trends just to see what happens next (anti-imitative but, in a sense, predictable). Ijs tend to to be the least imitative and the most reserved but they also usually know which side of the bread the butter is on......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

By imitating, I had misunderstood the OP as meaning doing impersonations of people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    What's in your experience the most imitative type (if you have noticed or seen a pattern)? I'm talking about those ppl who unconsciously (probably) imitate others who they like
    F types have higher attention to people, higher compassion and tuning to them. imitation is the way to tune to them, to understand better, to inspire higher trust from them and such better deal with them

the most people should imitate the most important ones
    base Fi should do this for the ones they personally like
    base Fe for the ones they think as "great ones"

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    imitation = Fe
    You're not even wrong. Lol...

I ripped on deltas pretty hard in earlier posts in this thread, but I didn't mention that betas have their own game. With deltas, it's the appearance of characterological integrity based on whatever the dominant norm is. Betas don't do that, and they get shit on for not participating in that game (Donald Trump), but they have their own.

With deltas, it's about the character wars. Betas however tend to operate much more on the basis of information war. The beta will come to you and flatter you, telling you how awesome and amazing you are, or do something to make you feel wonderful about yourself or life. They'll draw you into some intimate conversation where they tell you, directly or indirectly, that you can tell them anything. You share secrets with them, and tell them things you shouldn't, and that's how they get you. "Throwing them a bone" is the best way out of this situation. They at least think they have something, and both go on their way. I think other betas realize this, or smart ones at least, so they'll often make up details that sound pretty juicy and just tell them to other people. This is the source of beta bullshit lol.

I've seen deltas do similar stuff, but it's different somehow and relies on the establishment of trust, not so much dependency on mood or what not.
    Last edited by Aramas; 09-29-2018 at 05:05 PM.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    With deltas, it's about the character wars. Betas however tend to operate much more on the basis of information war. The beta will come to you and flatter you, telling you how awesome and amazing you are, or do something to make you feel wonderful about yourself or life. They'll draw you into some intimate conversation where they tell you, directly or indirectly, that you can tell them anything. You share secrets with them, and tell them things you shouldn't, and that's how they get you. "Throwing them a bone" is the best way out of this situation. They at least think they have something, and both go on their way. I think other betas realize this, or smart ones at least, so they'll often make up details that sound pretty juicy and just tell them to other people.

I've seen deltas do similar stuff, but it's different somehow and relies on the establishment of trust, not so much dependency on mood or what not.
    *vigorously takes notes*

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    *vigorously takes notes*
    Funniest example is in Amelie where she's talking to the magazine stand lady and they are gossiping and she just says "Si" even though she knows she's full of shit lmao.

The end result of betas bullshit is that the discourse is composed of nothing but lies that end up provoking violence because everyone focuses on who told the truth and who lied. There's a complex web of deception and counter-deception and one lie that hides another lie. It compounds indefinitely until trust breaks down and the beta society falls apart.

The essential difference between betas and deltas here is that betas are always asking what the truth really is while deltas are always asking what someone's character really is.

It's the difference between TiFe and FiTe.

The best example of the Delta game is in Harry Potter where Harry finds out from an old crone at the next table about Dumbledore's family and she poses the question, "My boy, did you really know him at all?"
    Last edited by Aramas; 09-29-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah I think that's right, which is why for betas to survive the Truth must be a genuine super-ordinate value, and not just another layer of pretense in order to meet whatever real goal they have.. I think a big problem is they get socialized to believe lies can be ok and that's a game they will ultimately lose because it plays more to gamma's strengths in general which is something like base everything on pragmatic "truth" which means getting what you want, not capital T truth. betas just become inferior gammas if they play that game too long. one problem is that in an increasingly sophisticated world, what capital T truth is becomes complex beyond belief and this puts them further at a disadvantage because to really sort anything out takes effort and intelligence very few if any are capable of. many just get chewed up in the process of trying to find it, and everyone throwing up obstacles meanwhile doesn't help the cause. they can incorporate the fact everyone lies but they need to not actually lie to themselves or accept a convenient substitute, if they want to have any real effect

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    yeah I think that's right, which is why for betas to survive the Truth must be a genuine super-ordinate value, and not just another layer of pretense in order to meet whatever real goal they have.. I think a big problem is they get socialized to believe lies can be ok and that's a game they will ultimately lose because it plays more to gamma's strengths in general which is something like base everything on pragmatic "truth" which means getting what you want, not capital T truth. betas just become inferior gammas if they play that game too long. one problem is that in an increasingly sophisticated world, what capital T truth is becomes complex beyond belief and this puts them further at a disadvantage because to really sort anything out takes effort and intelligence very few if any are capable of
    I think all quadras have reset functions for when the games get out of hand, if they're intelligent instances of those societies. Maybe that's what the issue is: contrary quadras interfere with the reset functions because they don't see "the problem" as being resolved. That results in spiralling escalation until the resets of neither quadra work.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yes I have long felt like people cast the slant eye at me without understanding im way past the issues they suspect me of. which isn't to say I don't have other issues, but it blows my mind the way people assume things about me and what "problems" i'm presenting to them based on their own misreading of the situation. its in this way a person of genuine integrity will be constantly be depreciated because of the "lapping" dynamic (in a conflicting environment)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an Fe thing.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking for a thread on mirroring rather than imitating..I think ESI do some mirroring in interacting, SEI definitely, IEE yes, SEE sometimes, I don’t think IEI do it in a manipulative way. In other types it doesn’t seem to bother me as much. Oh LSE mirroring can be extreme too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast