Thread: Your Markova Stack

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Your Markova Stack

Dawna Markova has discovered 6 natural patterns of human intelligence that strongly influence how you and your clients process sensory information, think, learn, and communicate. Her model greatly enriches NLP and expands what you can do with it.

Discover your natural intelligence pattern, and enhance how you use it. Improve rapport and communication with those you formerly found difficult to communicate with.
    Essentially, the stacking is made up of the three modalities: Visual, Kinesthetic, Auditory Intelligence.

Those can be put into three slots: The conscious one, the subconscious one, the unconscious one.

The conscious modality is the one you find the easiest to use, and use the most often. It is how you receive and give out information the best.
    If you are already familiar with learning models that say you are either Visual, Kinesthetic, or Auditory – whichever learning style is your go-to, this is typically your conscious modality.

But your use of modalities doesn't stop there.

There is an unconscious modality, the one you have difficulties with accessing directly, and it is very vulnerable to input, has lower boundaries. It is whichever of the three modalities you've had the most trouble with in your life. Having an unconscious Auditory, you have troubles with remembering names, sounds, listening for long periods of time (like in lectures), and so forth. Having an unconscious Kinesthetic, you have troubles with feeling into your body, probably cannot dance too well, impaired coordination is likely, touch is very deep and intimate for you. Having an unconscious Visual, you likely have troubles with learning by looking at graphs, pictures alone; forget faces easily; may have dyslexia.

The subconscious modality is the one in-between that makes you connect and tune into your unconscious modality more easily. It is often forgotten or not being thought about too much. In that way, it reminds me of the second instinct in the Enneagram, the instinct in-between your dominant one and your blindspot.

There are 6 possible stackings. If you haven't been able to figure out your stacking from my explanation above, here is a test that may be able to give you a better clue.

I'm reading the book right now, and it is written by an EII 6w5. Several of the explanations in the beginning of the book are influenced by her sociotype. I skipped many parts I found irrelevant. The descriptions of the stackings themselves are enlightening, though.

My Markova Stack is VKA.
    I grew up speaking very little. And people have pointed out the fact I am not the fastest or best at picking up on sarcasm online. This has something to do with my unconscious modality being Auditory. Those people are said to take sarcasm literally, often times. @Chae, I find it highly likely you are a fellow VKA. Your main modality seems to be Visual (based on your gifs, pictures etc), and you've mentioned your enjoyment of dance and physicality in a way that reminds me of subconscious Kinesthetic.

At last, here are short descriptions about the stacking matches.
    I've come to the conclusion one of my strongest (Imago) attractions has been for a guy who was AKV. We fed into each other's unconscious modalities, and that is probably why the interaction was enticing. He'd tell intriguing stories, and my unconscious Auditory soaked them all up and consequently was in awe by him. Also, a lot of my strongest crushes have been on musicians. Their music can affect me deeply.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 02-24-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This is pretty dead-on. Where is that from? I see parallels to the instincts concerning modality, very interesting.

Example from today while I was sitting in class. People were presenting things. I sat there not taking in a single word, just looking at how the slides were made up Sometimes I noted something about the body language of the presenters and myself.

Names and lectures are hell. I remember zero, just what was going on visually. I don't remember the name of a person, but their expression while saying it.
    I guide my participation in class by a visible clue, I know how I look like/move impacts the scene. For the subconscious slot, well - kinesthetic things are my personal area of turn-on lmao and I enjoy the effects of it, like after sports - woops! I feel completely different! My kinesthetic slot sort of connects to the auditory dimension, when I dance I listen to the respective tune more accurately, things like that.

I found this partly accurate, could have been more extensive.

VKA: great collaborator

• Writes logically; may like to draw and design (always)
    • Connects best by eye contact (yes)
    • Visually meticulous; organizes in lists (I love lists)
    • Learns easily by reading or watching, then doing (reading is super difficult. Watching is easy)
    • Learns sports easily; likes competitive sports (Mhm but only some since I have limits)
    • May get others' feelings confused with own (idk about that)
    • Talkative one-on-one; uncomfortable speaking in groups; asks lots of questions (yeahhh)
    • May have trouble listening to prolonged, fast, or abstract speech (indeed)
    • Sensitive to voice tone (absolutely)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

@Vespertine and @Subteigh , I got the impression you both are likely V first, too (definitely not last).
    So, either a fellow VKA or a VAK.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    I see parallels to the instincts concerning modality, very interesting.
    Yeah, I have been thinking about how the stacks might correlate with the Enneagram or perhaps even Sociotype, but I'd need more data, basically. And this is not easy to get for something niche like this.

I've been wondering whether most Image types are V first, for example. Many Image types seem to be V first, but I also know of a few examples where this isn't the case (e.g AKV Type 3, KAV Type 2), so it is not like Image type = Visual first. But there might be a correlation. Just like there can be a correlation between K first and being a Sensory type, though I also know of examples (e.g VAK LSI) where that isn't the case.

So at the end of the day, it looks like any Sociotype and Enneagram type can have any Markova Stack, though there are likely certain correlations and commonalities.

P.S: I could also see a correlation between the Love Language Touch and having K either first or last.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 02-24-2017 at 01:23 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wonder about compatibility or likely/common pairings. From my perspective, K-first is the #1 choice.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KVA seems to be my best fit.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K = sp, V = sx, A = so ?

?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lynn View Post
    K = sp, V = sx, A = so ?

?
    How did you arrive at this?

Personally, I see no correlation between the instincts and the Markova modalities.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because i personally think that SP is related to haptics, physical perception, SX to visual perception and SO to communication, speech (passive and active) in an auditory way (though music, etc.. is something else). of course, i don't know whether markovas modalities match up with that.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm probably KVA although I have some K last qualities too. But auditory seems more clearly last than K does.

K seems to be an odd mixture of first and last. I learn best by doing. There is something to be said about physically going through the motions of a task to make it 'gel' better. I have a keen awareness of physical sensations in my body. On the other hand, I am quite clumsy, I am poor at learning dance moves and I can't stand it when someone just walks up to me and touches me.

Auditory input easily overwhelms me. I space out with too much auditory information at once, I have a hard time following multiple conversations at once, I'm hypersensitive to tone of voice, music moves me deeply- overall moreso than visual art.

Visual is significant enough to my learning. It's not the last function. VAK or VKA could also be possible for me.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay, I glanced over the 6 stackings, and it's more clear KVA fits the best.

KVA: Perpetual student (oh yes!)
    Acts logically (yes!), likes to do things (depends, I'm more of a thinker than a doer)
    Connects best by doing, touching (sometimes)
    Organizes in piles (yes)
    Learns easily by doing and watching (yes)
    Many diverse interests (like drawing and scuba diving) (Yes, not drawing or scuba diving per se, but you can say my interests are rather random and unrelated to each other)
    Can attend details and "big picture" simultaneously (easily); sees pictures in 3-D, from many pespectives (yes, easily)
    Difficulty expressing feelings in words (sometimes)
    Speech may have long pauses (yes), go in circles (sometimes), asks lots of questions (hell yea!), may have difficulty verbalizing abstractions (sometimes)
    Rarely speaks in groups (normally not a problem if I can prepare what to say first. It's hard to just start speaking spontaneously)
    Sensitive to voice tone (extremely)
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was skeptical at first. But I am clearly KVA.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

VAK probably describes me best, although I have a suspicion there is a significant Forer effect to these descriptions. If they are similar to Learning Styles, there probably isn't anything concrete to support their utility, although of course we each have our own particular indulgences.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think @Adam Strange is AKV? Much like @Maritsa. @handjob is def VKA.

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This passage is intriguing:

"Patterns of geniusOften people display genius in their unconscious modality. So although people with K unconscious tend to be unathletic, shy about touch, and private about or out of touch with their emotions, top gymnasts are almost all K unconscious (usually VAK). 3 And some K unconscious people are very snuggly and sensual, very in touch with their own and others' feelings, or both.People with a visual unconscious often have good mechanical skills (which require visualization), and may be visionaries. Those with an auditory unconscious can often track very complex multi-threaded patterns (stories, conversations, computer programming, schedules), and are often write well.The very same processing patters that cause a person difficulties, and that may make communication with them problematic, are often the fountainhead of their genius."

I don't understand what it is about computer programming that means auditory unconscious people are typically weak at it but could be super great at it? How are complex multi-threaded patterns related specifically to auditory processing and not the other modalities?

Pacifist
    TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Economist View Post
    This passage is intriguing:

"Patterns of geniusOften people display genius in their unconscious modality. So although people with K unconscious tend to be unathletic, shy about touch, and private about or out of touch with their emotions, top gymnasts are almost all K unconscious (usually VAK). 3 And some K unconscious people are very snuggly and sensual, very in touch with their own and others' feelings, or both.People with a visual unconscious often have good mechanical skills (which require visualization), and may be visionaries. Those with an auditory unconscious can often track very complex multi-threaded patterns (stories, conversations, computer programming, schedules), and are often write well.The very same processing patters that cause a person difficulties, and that may make communication with them problematic, are often the fountainhead of their genius."

I don't understand what it is about computer programming that means auditory unconscious people are typically weak at it but could be super great at it? How are complex multi-threaded patterns related specifically to auditory processing and not the other modalities?
    I'm thinking he may be referring to those who are usually good at computer programming might also be socially awkward (or something along the lines). More like weak ethics NT. Then that's why V unconscious people are usually bad at dealing with visual experiences yet could as well be visionaries (I get the impression they might be extroverts)? I wonder, I wonder. Interesting @Cassandra thank you for sharing.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, seems I'm a Great Communicator. VAK.

I remember the times when my physical abilities surprise me. Theory checks out.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AVK
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm primarily Visual and least Auditory, VKA.

But I'm bad at all of them... I'm easily overwhelmed by sounds, movement, voices, etc. and a static image just happens to be the least overwhelming sense so I can actually focus in on it. Anything else is like shining a flashlight in my eyes expecting me to catch what was behind the flashlight.

Also this means when i'm thinking I don't see, hear, or move much.... anything is a distraction

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VAK at 7 points

VKA at 6 points

AVK at 4 points

KVA at 3 points

KAV & AKV at 2 points

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm probably VKA, but i'm not sure ...

TIM
    INTj-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got VKA, but I don't get the logic behind this. Why is the unconscious modality both the weakest and the source of genius?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I didn't do the test yet but from these very brief descriptions I would go with AVK. I am not awkward with my movements but I can be clumsy if my head is not in it. Sometimes I have a hard time orienting myself in a new space.

Often I can't figure out how to hold a camera the right way to take a pic of the image I see in front of me. I am terrible at sports that need any kind of equiptment really but some things like tennis was not too hard. I can dance, things like gymnastics and martial arts was easier for me but those things were more graceful than other sports. I prefer the listen, watch, learn method. Even if I am not bad at something, like swimming, I always felt like I could never do it as well as others so I pretended not to know how to do things as a child so I would not be pushed to demonstrate. That felt awkward.

I also got "the great communicator" on the learning styles quiz.

Your result for Your personal Learning Styles Inventory Test ...
    The Great Communicator

50% Visual, 63% Musical, 88% Linguistic, 25% Kinesthetic, 38% Logical, 50% Interpersonal and 78% Intrapersonal
    AVK: great communicator 2

• Speaks logically; likes to discuss ideas
    • Connects best by talking
    • Organizes by talking about what needs to get done
    • Learns easily via discussion, lecture
    • May interrupt others, monopolize conversations
    • Likes to help others understand
    • Can attend details and "big picture" simultaneously
    • May have sketchy sense of own body, move awkwardly, find physical activities frustrating
    • Shy about touch; private about feelings

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I'm definitely visual first. The rest idk.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This system is mostly Forer effect. If the unconscious one can be the weakest or the strongest, that's basically the definition of Forer effect. Frogman said that he was bad at all of these, and I was going to say that I was good at all of these (even though I would scarcely call myself good at everything), so even if you're going to type people as being good and bad at artistic and mathematical; linguistic, social and musical; and athletic and emotional tasks (as if these necessarily go together) in a learning styles-esque way, I think we need to include more categories and break up some of the existing ones. The quiz thing doesn't seem to come out consistent for much anyone either.

What is the point of this even? http://www.easychangeworks.com/artic...-metaphors.htm