Thread: Si suggestive and food fixation

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Si suggestive and food fixation

Si suggestive ppl seem to have a fixation with eating delicious food or food they like.

Please discuss.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Both suggestive and DS lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Both suggestive and DS lol
    what do you mean?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    what do you mean?
    i have / get food fixations. one i attempted to eat a tub of ice cream by myself
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been told I should open a restaurant, many times. It would be nice but thinking of cooking everyday and only that... gives me a bit of a bellyache. Also I'm panicky to cook for many people, what if I poison them all by mistake? :/

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially ILE can have fixation on food / sex / pleasure and they often have the skills to get it.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Si suggestive ppl seem to have a fixation with eating delicious food or food they like.

Please discuss.
    My little ILE-Ti bro certainly does have that fixation. Even though he is Sp blindspot and doesn't take much care of himself nor cares much about money or other Sp matters, he likes to eat what he considers good food, and he spends all or most of his pocket money on it, ha. When he goes to a new restaurant, he'll order a dish, and if he likes it, he'll never change it, he'll order it every. single. time. He also likes to keep going to the same restaurants. Whereas I'd rather try new dishes or go to new restaurants. He likes to go with the family to the same restaurant every xmas for several years now, and every year I complain that it is the same restaurant. My SEE sis agrees, but my xSE-Si parents find it cute that my bro is that way and they don't feel like changing up the "tradition" either, ha.

I would like to point out that he doesn't care much whether food is "healthy" or not, which is often assumed to be an Si valuing thing. I get the impression that that mostly applies if the person is Si valuing/ego and Sp instinct first or second. Sp last people often don't care that much about nutrition in that sense, especially if they are Intuitive. It can make Si valuing people look like they don't value Si, if you reduce it to eating healthily. My ILE-Ti bro, if not eating steaks at a restaurant, eats basically candy and chocolate all day haha. Like a kid. I am a bit similar in that at times, I also eat junk and don't have a good focus on what's healthy or not, but the difference is that for my bro, eating is a true delight, he loves a good steak, and is willing to spend a lot of money on it (a waste imo). I don't get the same pleasure out of food as he does, and I would never spend so much money on food as he does. As I said, it is like he spends his entire monthly allowance just on "good" food haha. Whereas I mostly spend it on going to the movies with friends.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I eat too much candy... extremely bad habit of mine. I just fuel myself by consuming sweets. I'm also extremely afraid of certain kinds of foods that I might associate giving bad experiences.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I eat too much candy... extremely bad habit of mine. I just fuel myself by consuming sweets. I'm also extremely afraid of certain kinds of foods that I might associate giving bad experiences.
    My bro is the same. He usually refuses to try new unusual food, because he rather sticks with the food he knows. It is interesting to observe this contrast in someone who is both Ne lead but also particular about Si stuff. He is open to a lot of experiences or ideas, but when it comes to food, he shuts down sometimes. And if you tell him to try it and push it a bit too much, he flares up and raises his voice haha. Like "I already know what it tastes like!! I don't like it!!" haha. He becomes low key aggressive about it. Dat Se Role
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One of my IEE friends who lives in Vegas only eats kids food like pizza and hot dogs without a bun. Lol she got so shy / embarrassed / coy about it when someone brought it up to her attention. The sparseness in her calorie intake are made up with the consumption of a ton of Arizona peach teas in those giant cans. Does she take care of her health at all? No. At least I eat a decent breakfast and take my vitamins
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    One of my IEE friends who lives in Vegas only eats kids
    not very IEE of them

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    not very IEE of them
    Why? Where does it say that when it comes to foods IEE have it down?
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I eat too much candy... extremely bad habit of mine.
    Me too, on a lot of days. But it varies for me.
    One day I eat a lot of sweets, an other day I try to eat healty food.
    ...the brain runs on sugar, it's consumption of calories is quite high.

btw. the16types server is annoying slow right now... busy with digesting lots of data I guess.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 04-21-2019 at 04:31 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or Si mobilizing, or creative, or Se leading...

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve personally gone through stages of only eating one food. Popcorn for a while, dipped in Pepsi, everyday after school. I went through an easymac stage. And then I would only eat food not touching with different silverware when I was younger. Then I was obsessed with broccoli when little, and black olives. I insisted on eating all my food plain until I was in my mid 20’s. Like I’d only eat a cheeseburger plain with pickle. I just recently tried mayo and ketchup on it.

I know a lot of Se bases that are total gluttons. They don’t seem picky though, like they’ll try anything.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    My bro is the same. He usually refuses to try new unusual food, because he rather sticks with the food he knows. It is interesting to observe this contrast in someone who is both Ne lead but also particular about Si stuff. He is open to a lot of experiences or ideas, but when it comes to food, he shuts down sometimes. And if you tell him to try it and push it a bit too much, he flares up and raises his voice haha. Like "I already know what it tastes like!! I don't like it!!" haha. He becomes low key aggressive about it. Dat Se Role
    this.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Or Si mobilizing, or creative, or Se leading...
    Si creative don't have food fixation ime. Some Se lead can overeat too but not all of them.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think this is mutually exclusive to Si suggestive, but you never actually suggested that.

My ILE high school physics teacher seems to fit the bill. He consistently ate unhealthily and in large quantities. At the end of each semester, he told us to organize "food day" (since he didn't want to organize it) where students provide tons of unhealthy food and we all eat it. Given that this was high school rather than bloody end of year parties in primary school or something, this is very unusual, though he is well respected by teachers and feared by students, and so I think they let him do whatever the fuck he wants. In fact, for one food day, a classmate brought in "miracle berries" and the entire class essentially took drugs to numb acerbic flavours. The principle and vice principle joined in despite their standard strictness. I have no clue how this was allowed.

Regardless, he's rather bulbous in physique and is frequently the butt of the jokes related to proper eating habits among students. This is obviously unhealthy behaviour, but I don't think he cares since he's been known for it for as long as he's been teaching. Probably undualized.

For the record, I'm quite certain he's an ILE. I don't think any other type really fits.

My closest friend in high school is also like this (only eats certain foods; eats very unhealthily; loves to eat, etc.), and I think he's IEE, but I don't know for sure.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I avoid heavy foods like the ones that have lots of fat. I usually eat once a day if my day goes well. I consider the days when I only eat once very interesting meaning I have been preoccupied with something.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please discuss.
    It is actually very simple: IEEs and ILEs are very prone to feeling of existential boredom, which they typically try to solve (if not dualized) by feeding themselves information of an Ne nature, lots of it, and it is never enough. It's a constant quest for interesting ideas and thoughts, with the unconscious goal of creating the sense that life is worth living. But sometimes all it takes is a piece of good cheese and a glass of red wine, enjoyed in their own garden with a little bit of sunshine, to give them the feeling that life is good and nothing else is required.

That's how I try to live nowadays.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to have a fixation on one kind of food in a period, and then feel completely indifferent to it later. I also eat an unhealthy amount of sweets. If connected to Si, i tend to relish in one kind of sensory experience while completely neglecting other parts of the 'Si realm'. A very imbalanced relationship, which leads me to think *not* Si-lead. Some unpleasantness i do not notice while others have a profound effect on me. My room is a battleground, rotting and falling apart.