Thread: Trump, aka Mr. Haircut 100, World's greatest

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trump, aka Mr. Haircut 100, World's greatest

At playing with balls, specifically Snooker.

Apologies, meant to throw this under famous people.
    Last edited by Smilex; 05-06-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I see P
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looks LSI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE or SLI I'm between those two; If I heard him speak I could tell you
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea but his gf is gorgeous

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ISFp is easiest to defend as a typing, but I wouldn't fight ISTp as a typing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post

I think ISFp is easiest to defend as a typing, but I wouldn't fight ISTp as a typing.
    Such a wonderful dual getting me a video

Okay I’ll watch in a minute
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I was prepared to go and fight. LSE final type
    He’s very happy with his methods “happy with HOW I..” he looks tense like he’s difficult to relax because he strains and touches his face

Are you going to fight me on ESTj typing?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-07-2019 at 08:12 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judd Trump - INTP - Balzac

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I was prepared to go and fight. LSE final type
    He’s very happy with his methods “happy with HOW I..” he looks tense like he’s difficult to relax because he strains and touches his face

Are you going to fight me on ESTj typing?
    The ability to maintain long-term tension is just the combination between negative and process qualities. It's the same for ISFps and INTps. It's just not so in your-face as for ESTjs, because it's more controlled. He has the Si fidgety thing, definitely. But what I see is more true humility and generosity than I'd expect for an ESTj. When talking about himself he says just that he could still improve, whereas when he talks about his opponents, he talks them up. This is kind of the opposite of what I'd expect to do myself.

As for his play style, he's historically known for direct, flashy plays and has only in his later period learned to pace himself. The tension visible in the videos is a later addition to his character. His earlier years he seemed more like your basic carefree ISTp.

In general, I don't believe in typing people from a distance, there' so many things one can miss. I have difficulty seeing this guy as a rational. But I don't care to fight about his type in general.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The ability to maintain long-term tension is just the combination between negative and process qualities. It's the same for ISFps and INTps. It's just not so in your-face as for ESTjs, because it's more controlled. He has the Si fidgety thing, definitely. But what I see is more true humility and generosity than I'd expect for an ESTj. When talking about himself he says just that he could still improve, whereas when he talks about his opponents, he talks them up. This is kind of the opposite of what I'd expect to do myself.

As for his play style, he's historically known for direct, flashy plays and has only in his later period learned to pace himself. The tension visible in the videos is a later addition to his character. His earlier years he seemed more like your basic carefree ISTp.

In general, I don't believe in typing people from a distance, there' so many things one can miss. I have difficulty seeing this guy as a rational. But I don't care to fight about his type in general.
    Humility maybe cultural. And it may also be spiritual. I have often heard ESTj say “that guy was good, better than me.”
    -

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Humility maybe cultural. And it may also be spiritual. I have often heard ESTj say “that guy was good, better than me.”
    Lol, that's not humility. That's what I say when I'm using the goodness of another guy to point out that I'm the benchmark of great so that other guy must be pretty super for being better.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general, I don't believe in typing people from a distance, there' so many things one can miss.
    Ignorance is bliss.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Inadequate. Your word for the day.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lol, that's not humility. That's what I say when I'm using the goodness of another guy to point out that I'm the benchmark of great so that other guy must be pretty super for being better.
    How is it not the same for Trump in acknowledging the greatness of his opponent?
    -

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is it not the same for Trump in acknowledging the greatness of his opponent?
    Usually when Ip-types do this, they just really want to like this other person. The compliments tend to ring more honest and there's a slightly more relaxed tone about the way they do it, a genuine appreciation of the other person's talents. Which is, vice versa, the reason they themselves are also considered more easy to approach.

When I or other ESTjs do it, there tends to be an annoyance at one's own limits. The other person is seen as an obstacle to be surpassed, or possibly as just a distraction from the true goal, the honing of one's own skills and hence, something to be forgotten quickly.

Anyway, for true understanding, socionics is really intricate and complex, whereas superficially it's easy. So let's take it all with a grain of salt.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Usually when Ip-types do this, they just really want to like this other person. The compliments tend to ring more honest and there's a slightly more relaxed tone about the way they do it, a genuine appreciation of the other person's talents. Which is, vice versa, the reason they themselves are also considered more easy to approach.

When I or other ESTjs do it, there tends to be an annoyance at one's own limits. The other person is seen as an obstacle to be surpassed, or possibly as just a distraction from the true goal, the honing of one's own skills and hence, something to be forgotten quickly.

Anyway, for true understanding, socionics is really intricate and complex, whereas superficially it's easy. So let's take it all with a grain of salt.
    I agree that he does look more approachable,but I’d like to open the possibilities that it was posturing (camera interview),, possibly of truly feeling humbled at his achievement after a long time of trying
    I agree with you on the fidgety part being more Si, I would also consider looking at how tense he comes off and stressed which I attribute more to Ej
    He does mention his past failures again going back to Si so we don’t have much in the way of agreement on Si.

Sticking with LSE
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I want you to listen “my performance was SOLID “ that’s LSE

He knows what he needs to do to win. He estimates his skills well.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-07-2019 at 10:17 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that he does look more approachable,but I’d like to open the possibilities that it was posturing (camera interview),, possibly of truly feeling humbled at his achievement after a long time of trying
    I agree with you on the fidgety part being more Si, I would also consider looking at how tense he comes off and stressed which I attribute more to Ej
    He does mention his past failures again going back to Si so we don’t have much in the way of agreement on Si.

Te base or Si base...questions
    I originally leaned on P ISTp but something about him makes me flip flop
    A fine theory. This is the way one should think about these things.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks
    I approach it in all kinds of ways
    -

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have no idea how deep these things are.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bah. You should start with something simple and only then try to understand something more complex. This is way above your level.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think he does.

Bah. You should start with something simple and only then try to understand something more complex. This is way above your level.
    I'm pretty sure he isn't going to be encouraged by your suggestion
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He gives the intellectual formula - you have to play well; "he goes about the game the right way" "you have to look at the other players that play well..." How how how one should do things
    -

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he does.

I'm pretty sure he isn't going to be encouraged by your suggestion
    Internet. I don't want to expend too much effort on trolls. There's good people here as well, so why not focus on such.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI kind of obvious

ISxx + IP

T or F not so clear but overall I'd go for T mostly because from his interview he seems to be a result positivist and the only result positivist type who is also introverted and sensing is SLI
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    SLI kind of obvious

ISxx + IP

T or F not so clear but overall I'd go for T mostly because from his interview he seems to be a result positivist and the only result positivist type who is also introverted and sensing is SLI
    I don't see anything wrong with this typing, particularly in the long term, if one looks at the guy's whole career.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

"I'm still learning" I'm still evolving. i was a different person. i have time. i have improving to do

Extraverted Logic
    Related words
    * external sense of doing something: efficiency, effectiveness, reward, productivity
    * movement, motion, speed, acceleration, displacement, rotation, process
    * production, work, end product
    * diligence, industriousness, industry, conscientiousness
    * shrewd, sharp, proficient, capable, sensible, adept, venturous, confident, resourceful
    * confused, unreliable, impractical, presumptuous, irreverent, contemptible
    * direct, objective, dry statements lacking in personal qualifiers
    * justified, unjustified, verify, support, refute, confirm, debunk
    * reliable, confirmed, observed, unreliable, unconfirmed, hypothetical, unverified
    Real examples of Te-related statements
    * It provides both usefulness and a way to double-check...
    * What are you trying to accomplish?
    * You are just talking out of thin air.
    * you might get more value for your efforts doing the following ...
    * This sounds like a questionable venture. It does not justify the extra time/expenses.
    * You'll be able to lift it easier if you move your hands further apart.
    * To say that there is consensus is wildly misrepresentative.
    * Get a clue.
    * You are clearly losing exact definition regarding your own narrative, therefore I'll let you off the hook. Consider it a freebie.
    * A man who both claims he doesn't follow any model of socionics and who is also unwilling to specify the model he is using is not worthy as a typology commentator because he is not willing to open himself up to peer review and to reach common conclusions and methods.
    Features of Te-speech
    All Te-ego types are dynamic, thus they will interconnect events one after another in speech. Thus their speech will have a flow-like quality to it. Content may be lacking in personal elements.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-08-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI-Si?