TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jordan Peterson: Enjoy Your Lonely Life

... ("You're not ok, I'm not ok"?)

"A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol very Christian.

Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his lifewill lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? Matthew 16:24-26

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dis is very much 3D Ni because it draws from experience. LOL and YOLO.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 04-27-2021 at 08:53 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah vulnerable Si, when you advocate a diet that only consists of meat and you claim to have an IQ of 150
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does he have scurvy yet?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    I love how Jordan Peterson threw a hissy-fit when Trudeau made his cabinet equally male and female (and equally representative of minorities). Every time someone raises this issue, there's the implicit assumption that the appointees rode the short bus; and, in listening to this rhetoric, you'd be believe that they're there as ornaments, as part of the mass delusion of political correctness.

What he fails to mention is that these women are just as qualified as their male counterparts. Chrystia Freeland (who negotiated the USMCA and got a salvageable deal under the harsh circumstances) has more competence in her pinky toe than Jordan Peterson. The only unfair "quota" here is the airtime that he gets (as opposed to someone more qualified) on major news networks. The man gives himself the wrong medical advice for God's sake.
    If they are just as qualified, why do they need affirmative action to be appointed?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    If they are just as qualified, why do they need affirmative action to be appointed?
    Obviously, because they aren’t usually chosen for their qualifications alone. Or at all.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Obviously, because they aren’t usually chosen for their qualifications alone. Or at all.
    How do you know? How can anyone?

The alternative, intentionally discriminating based on sex (or race), seems to me not the best idea. The message it sends is that women can't earn their place on their own, and any woman in that position will be thought of as less competent. I've seen this happen in workplaces and in university, and it breeds tension. It's also contrary to a spirit of egalitarianism.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you know? How can anyone?

The alternative, intentionally discriminating based on sex (or race), seems to me not the best idea. The message it sends is that women can't earn their place on their own, and any woman in that position will be thought of as less competent. I've seen this happen in workplaces and in university, and it breeds tension. It's also contrary to a spirit of egalitarianism.
    As opposed to men that were already there because they didn't have to compete with women? Did they earn their place?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    As opposed to men that were already there because they didn't have to compete with women? Did they earn their place?
    Again, how can you prove this was the case? When discrimination is policy, everyone knows you didn’t.

In most situations male/female discrepancy begins somewhere further down the line, and that’s where it should be addressed. For instance, tons of tech companies do everything they can to try to hire women, yet end up with a workforce >90% male. Why? Because not enough women are going into tech in the first place. And maybe there are attitudes that discourage women from those paths in school or in college, but if so, that’s where those problems should be addressed.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This needs deconstruction:
    Pulling yourself together: Why? What it would do? Do we need to create an artificial meaning to our lives and live in blissful ignorance?
    So you could become something. Seems selfish gathering of resources. Do we have a right for success? Isn't it also negative if we assume limited amount of resources so it could reduce something from others?

Yes, I think he lacks critical thinking.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few years ago, I listened to Jordan Peterson espouse the virtues of his diet for like 2 hours straight on a Joe Rogan episode. It was an odd interview. I could tell that he was using drugs.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    A few years ago, I listened to Jordan Peterson espouse the virtues of his diet for like 2 hours straight on a Joe Rogan episode. It was an odd interview. I could tell that he was using drugs.
    Was this the all-beef diet or something before that?

The thought of eating only beef for every meal is a little revolting. Probably helpful for weight loss as it’d make you not want to eat after a while.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Is it just me being unstable/sleep-deprived at the moment or that video is all over the place

But anyway I love that bit - the reality of suffering.

Accept the pain and suffering to attain that ideal! Care about and be responsible for something
    I don't know if I understood him quite well but yeah I get that torment he is speaking of, the covering of a rotten wood with a fresh coat of paint. I felt that before, and it will never really leave until you confront it and actually start changing your narrative. That's why I pay attention a lot to my dreams and make sure I listen to my feelings. I'm scared of going crazy. I'm surely not over it too and still have the tendency to be in denial about some things. Maybe you really just have to keep moving forward and accept that you will always suffer from it. Then maybe when you remember, you use the pain to move forward.

I'm actually kinda scared to go older. I'm only in my early 20s, pretty sure I'll have more crosses to bear as time passes by. When you really get to the realer than real problems, I guess I'll feel triple the suffering.

You know, I’ve actually heard quite a few Ni egos talk about a fear of going crazy. That’s interesting to me. It does seem to be the case that Ni people skirt the edge of sanity more than most people.

I think my driving fear is that I’ll cease to invest myself in the world, either by permanent withdrawal or by losing my reason to dementia or something. A constant feeling of apathy hounds me, a sense of “why should I care about anything? What difference does it make? Why not just lie down and never get up again?” When I was a child there was a long period when I was like this and it recurred over and over again; I didn’t do anything besides the minimum to interact with the world. It took a lot of effort to break from that state and it felt like I had to learn how to think and feel all over again. It feels especially like I have trouble fully experiencing the physical world, like I’m either over- or under-sensitive and just automatically block out most sensory impressions because I can’t process them without effort. I’ve also come to realize I have trouble genuinely feeling emotions and instead just tend to compensate by artificially constructing a code of ethics and appropriate responses. And often when I think I have a tendency to just take the lazy way out; just take whatever solution is simplest, rather than try to fully engage with something.

I try to fight this my entire conscious life. It’s part of why I’ve gotten back into chess; it forces me to think. I don’t watch TV because I can feel my brain turning off and I hate the experience. I don’t do weed or caffeine for the same reason, and I limit my drinking. I feel I’ve had to construct my entire personality, and I feel that if I stop actively working to maintain it my entire self will be destroyed like markings on sand when a wave comes in. Because I’ve already sort-of experienced this before. Growing old in itself doesn’t scare me, but losing my mind to it does — a life without living is the most terrifying thing I can imagine.

This is a roundabout way of saying I don't really relate to much of the advice JP gives.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 05-11-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was this the all-beef diet or something before that?

The thought of eating only beef for every meal is a little revolting. Probably helpful for weight loss as it’d make you not want to eat after a while.
    I think that was it. I remember more about how he was talking about the diet and less about the details of the diet itself. He was ranting and raving about how the diet cured his daughter’s chronic illnesses, his depression, anxiety, insomnia, etc. He came across as highly self absorbed to me.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, how can you prove this was the case? When discrimination is policy, everyone knows you didn’t.

In most situations male/female discrepancy begins somewhere further down the line, and that’s where it should be addressed. For instance, tons of tech companies do everything they can to try to hire women, yet end up with a workforce >90% male. Why? Because not enough women are going into tech in the first place. And maybe there are attitudes that discourage women from those paths in school or in college, but if so, that’s where those problems should be addressed.
    Why is there an assumption that men are more capable than women? There are already plenty of politicians that are incapable and incompetent.

I think saying that women are "just as capable" as men is the wrong approach. It's possible to be more capable than the male politicians that already exist.

Of course, the point isn't to say that they're capable just because they're men or women. But the people that already exist could be incapable in the first place.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Why is there an assumption that men are more capable than women? There are already plenty of politicians that are incapable and incompetent.

I think saying that women are "just as capable" as men is the wrong approach. It's possible to be more capable than the male politicians that already exist.

Of course, the point isn't to say that they're capable just because they're men or women. But the people that already exist could be incapable in the first place.
    If that’s the case then the system is broken, and appointing women to fill positions is a rather useless gesture.

The assumption I have isn’t that women aren’t as “capable” as men in bureaucratic jobs. It’s that men and women tend to have different interests and things they’re willing to do. Why is chess overwhelmingly male at the top levels? You can speculate all you like about how systemic sexism stops girls from pursuing an interest in it, but the only thing you can prove is that fewer women compete in the first place. Some conversations with typical women will reveal they typically have different interests. I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to accept the idea that men and women might be different.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that’s the case then the system is broken, and appointing women to fill positions is a rather useless gesture.

The assumption I have isn’t that women aren’t as “capable” as men in bureaucratic jobs. It’s that men and women tend to have different interests and things they’re willing to do. Why is chess overwhelmingly male at the top levels? You can speculate all you like about how systemic sexism stops girls from pursuing an interest in it, but the only thing you can prove is that fewer women compete in the first place. Some conversations with typical women will reveal they typically have different interests. I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to accept the idea that men and women might be different.
    Your initial attitude was that "affirmative action" would create the impression that they didn't "earn" their place, and hence create resentments.

But the fact is that neither did the people that already exist - they're often corrupt, incapable and incompetent. The default state is affirmative action for men, or the majority race, or whatever.

TIM
    ILI-HN ?
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    ah vulnerable Si, when you advocate a diet that only consists of meat and you claim to have an IQ of 150
    You can advocate stupid things and still having an IQ of 150. To say that your IQ is 150 is not arrogance, it is simply telling the truth. I prefer Jordan Peterson's attitude towards his intelligence rather than this kind of non-existing ego :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x5c75irMIk
    This guys has an IQ of 145 and still finds a way to say that he is "an average person" or even an "absolute retard" .