Thread: sx/sp

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    YES. But not only to people and not only in a sexual/romantic sense. That's my point. As @Chae exemplifies, it's about passion and chemestry, whatever it is that gets your veins pumping and mind racing. It could be a person, but also others forms of passion as one for art or sports.
    No, adrenaline stuff is not sx. Intensity by itself is not sx. I know several adrenaline junkies and they're mostly sp/so. What is sexual about getting your veins pumping (unless its pumping to your dick or pussy) and mind racing?

No, it's just the plain truth. You don't know them 'cuz you're not into the subject. See: you DON'T have to share, you could be the one being shared instead.
    I know that. I'm just saying it's prob not possible for sx firsts to share their partners.

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    What is sexual about getting your veins pumping (unless its pumping to your dick or pussy) and mind racing?
    If by now you only know sex as that I pity you. I'm out.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sx first people are a bit crazy because their priorities are not what most people are, which usually are being part of a community (So) or just living life in the most basic sense (eating, crapping, fucking, having a home, etc) (sp). Sx first people need something else. They might not know themselves what this is exactly, but it is something they seek and that they will. Most times this takes the form of a soulmate, or a very immersing hobby or job that they feel is worth their time.

The first instinct is your first priority, but it is not the "mode" that you are using most of the time -- this would be the second instinct. As soon as a person is able to, they "switch" from engaging in the second instinct, to the first instinct. The third instinct is something that tends to be abandoned in favor the other two, but at the same time it is like a hidden desire that you have.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Love this catchy song. We have a lot of SX and SP mixed together: survival through love. Yearning (sx) in the drought of the desert (sp). SO-blindspot: she just left the band in her car. THEY'RE WAITING SELENA!

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    If by now you only know sex as that I pity you. I'm out.
    Yeah..because that's exactly what I said? Stop your attempts at gaslighting when you have nothing else to say. You try to twist sx into something non-sexual that fits you personally.. which it obviously doesn't.

Sx is SEXUAL, its hunger, its a drug addiction to a partner, it's setting yourself up for total destroyment by this addiction. End of story.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

btw i made a long video on youtube explaining the difference btw so blind spot and so first (or second). if anyone's interested in that not-so-spectacular selfish bastard sx/spness of mine... it's on perc infp videos...
    Except for impaired empathy, an ordinary guy who's looking for down-to-earth, loving, loyal friends and a geeky, warm, voluptuous girlfriend!

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Thanks for reminding me, @Chae.

P.S.: This scene probably has some Sp/Sx undertones to it, so to speak.
    It is very SO blindspot, obviously.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Thanks for reminding me, @Chae.

P.S.: This scene probably has some Sp/Sx undertones to it, so to speak.
    It is very SO blindspot, obviously.
    Yep! Vampires in general are quite contraflow

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Yep! Vampires in general are quite contraflow
    Hm actually, a lot of the modern vampires are Sx/Sp.
    Like Edward Cullen, Damon Salvatore, perhaps even Lestat.

The old-school vampires like Nosferatu are rather Sp/Sx.

I've written some descriptions about those vampires some time ago...
    I've intended to make a fun Enneagram test for Halloween back then, and those were two of the possible results...

Modern Vampire

Sx:
    Attractive and mesmerizing, you lure people in with your mysterious display of your sexuality. Of course there will be those in terror over your magnetic aura, but even they will have great difficulty resisting you. You have a strong desire for bonding with a (blood) mate, and spending all eternity with them.

Sp: Your need for sustaining the self draws you to your potential mates in the first place. You cannot deny that your (sexual) blood thirst is also a pure survival mechanism. You like to rest in a coffin suited to your tastes, and are very aware of temperature, smell, and the like. You do care for old blood lines, or your vampire clan, but this is not your focus.

Old-School Vampire

Sp: Your waking hours are driven by your instinct to preserve the self, or your castle. Secluded, you quench your thirst for blood, which overrides anything else in your life. You are very conscious of your surroundings, and caring for your vampire clan, so that they will sustain the immortal doom. You have acquired great knowledge on various subjects over the years, but you wonder what else there is in life. You feel especially connected to the earth of your homeland, and need to be close to it in order to survive. Your coffin is your most treasured object.

Sx: You cannot deny that there is a certain longing for emotional closeness with another person, but once your blood thirst has overcome your senses, you forget about it. Occasionally you may try to seduce your victims, but they rarely respond in a manner you like.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've intended to make a fun Enneagram test for Halloween back then, and those were two of the possible results...

Modern Vampire

Sx:
    Attractive and mesmerizing, you lure people in with your mysterious display of your sexuality. Of course there will be those in terror over your magnetic aura, but even they will have great difficulty resisting you. You have a strong desire for bonding with a (blood) mate, and spending all eternity with them.

Sp: Your need for sustaining the self draws you to your potential mates in the first place. You cannot deny that your (sexual) blood thirst is also a pure survival mechanism. You like to rest in a coffin suited to your tastes, and are very aware of temperature, smell, and the like. You do care for old blood lines, or your vampire clan, but this is not your focus.

Old-School Vampire

Sp: Your waking hours are driven by your instinct to preserve the self, or your castle. Secluded, you quench your thirst for blood, which overrides anything else in your life. You are very conscious of your surroundings, and caring for your vampire clan, so that they will sustain the immortal doom. You have acquired great knowledge on various subjects over the years, but you wonder what else there is in life. You feel especially connected to the earth of your homeland, and need to be close to it in order to survive. Your coffin is your most treasured object.

Sx: You cannot deny that there is a certain longing for emotional closeness with another person, but once your blood thirst has overcome your senses, you forget about it. Occasionally you may try to seduce your victims, but they rarely respond in a manner you like.
    MAKE THAT TEST RIGHT NOW.
    It ain't Halloween but it's still super awesome.

I don't even care about these new vampire wimps, castle sitters go go goooo

In what manner does the SP/SX vamp want their victim to respond though?

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't necessarily disagree with "So/sp: I can have everyone or I can have no one", but maybe that's not really instinct related.

I don't exactly know what the context is, but maybe so/sp is: "I need to be liked by everyone, or I'd better be alone". Or: "I can rely on everyone, or I can only rely on myself".

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Modern Vampire

Sx:

Old-School Vampire

In the movie Akasha seems sp/sx and Lestat sx/sp.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neokortex View Post
    So obviously I hadn't read it all through... but boy, there's a lot of social stuff going on here. A whole social sphere forming around the idea of the "social blind spots."
    As always I'm not going to post social, aka "popular," "mainstream" music since if you really know the idea, you don't need to search for the one thing in the same place. It seems that people here just can't shrug off their current time and cultural frame, which is also part of the "So."
    Which is analogous to not being able to paraphrase the theory to use very banal examples to explain those abstract patterns. Words have never meant anything, other than just tools. Only the ones who believe in (intellectual-) authorities and (pop-cultural-) icons will fail to understand this. Trump is only important because people want him to be. If not the people than the unconscious of the people. The sleep of the nation creates monsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKkmEHeTVGI
    https://youtu.be/FFPjFjUonX8?t=787 https://youtu.be/FFPjFjUonX8?t=1182
    https://youtu.be/VKkmEHeTVGI?t=391
    https://youtu.be/53N99Nim6WE?t=630 https://youtu.be/53N99Nim6WE?t=908 https://youtu.be/53N99Nim6WE?t=1071
    okay, this one's just for my generation. And the Americans, ha.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA

We can all feel safe knowing that there is someone looking out for the sx/sp thread with such vigilance. It has been so long since... I would have never known that it was infiltrated by the likes of, ugh, socials!

Nap time.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

We can all feel safe knowing that there is someone looking out for the sx/sp thread with such vigilance. It has been so long since... I would have never known that it was infiltrated by the likes of, ugh, socials!

Nap time.
    Yeah, especially when they amplify the characteristics to turn it either into too erotic-romantic, or into too horror-gothic-sociopathic killer thriller-flicks. Or vampires. When reality is... that we're just your average Joes from around the corner. But can't blame the poor common folk, strange outsiders, outliers have always kept their fantasy burning. Like here's this INFJ guy without the Fe smile of the eyes...https://youtu.be/lYggsKkqkbo?t=335. And here's him relating to... https://youtu.be/1aiTPhugEqc?t=355 ... talk about twisted, here's another into-his-own lone-wolf who might one day be featured in Logan 2 https://youtu.be/D5XkSxHWVDM?t=39 https://youtu.be/D5XkSxHWVDM?t=151

And since so much kitsch has been referenced here, I'd also like to contribute, to follow the current social tendency, with a kitsch that's actually Sx/Sp.

https://youtu.be/qAZmHrtloD8?t=111

Last edited by Neokortex; 03-30-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    Except for impaired empathy, an ordinary guy who's looking for down-to-earth, loving, loyal friends and a geeky, warm, voluptuous girlfriend!

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yeah, especially when they amplify the characteristics to turn it either into too erotic-romantic, or into too horror-gothic-sociopathic killer thriller-flicks. Or vampires. When reality is... that we're just your average Joes from around the corner. But can't blame the poor common folk, strange outsiders, outliers have always kept their fantasy burning. Like here's this INFJ guy without the Fe smile of the eyes...https://youtu.be/lYggsKkqkbo?t=335. And here's him relating to... https://youtu.be/1aiTPhugEqc?t=355 ... talk about twisted, here's another into-his-own lone-wolf who might one day be featured in Logan 2 https://youtu.be/D5XkSxHWVDM?t=39 https://youtu.be/D5XkSxHWVDM?t=151

And since so much kisch has been referenced here, I'd also like to contribute, to follow the current social tendency, with a kitsch that's actually Sx/Sp.

https://youtu.be/qAZmHrtloD8?t=111
    <strong>
    That's all well and good but these threads are an outlet for people to express their perception of an instinct in a creative form. There are plenty of threads here where people are being "real" about whatever type they are and what they feel is their instinct stackings. Sometimes it is their type and sometimes it is not. I skip most videos, tbh. Fighting other people's perception often means having to defend your own.

p.s. sorry the current trends are not offering you good sx/sp wanking material.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    Sx first people are a bit crazy because their priorities are not what most people are, which usually are being part of a community (So) or just living life in the most basic sense (eating, crapping, fucking, having a home, etc) (sp). Sx first people need something else. They might not know themselves what this is exactly, but it is something they seek and that they will. Most times this takes the form of a soulmate, or a very immersing hobby or job that they feel is worth their time.

The first instinct is your first priority, but it is not the "mode" that you are using most of the time -- this would be the second instinct. As soon as a person is able to, they "switch" from engaging in the second instinct, to the first instinct. The third instinct is something that tends to be abandoned in favor the other two, but at the same time it is like a hidden desire that you have.
    No, a job is not sx. jobs are sp because it creates income.
    The first instinct is your priority yes, and yes it is in fact youre mode that youre using all the time.. because its your priority. Except in rare extreme situations where the instincts have changed temporarily.

For example for sx: occupied with getting the partner/occupied with keeping partner/occupied with keeping the fire/occupied with being attractive and attracting/occupied with personal attraction/repulsion to things and people...

Attachment 9890

The difference between the first and 2nd instinct is that youre neurotic about your first, and the 2nd one there is no anxiety attached to it, usually, nor extreme pleasure and joy from getting it fulfilled like with the first. You just get on with it and its fine. It's stabilized.
    The last is just like "i dont give a fuck, this is invisible to me". Though imo there is a universal "common sense" and most people have (different degrees of) sublimated ways of doing their last instinct. That's why you can see sp-lasts talking about food and bonding over it because they see the social aspect of it.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think your second instinct is like your "fallback" instinct, when the first one isn't working or available... you fallback to the second instinct. While the last instinct is usually relegated to your first instinct. So for example, an so-first/sx-last may not care that much about relationships, but they may get into one if they believe that being in a relationship is socially acceptable, and the opposite is true for sx-first/so-last, where they may try to be more socially acceptable for the sake of attracting a mate.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Social is the bonding instinct aka relationship instinct.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Ne'Si so/sx remake of an sx/sp song

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I have a hard time distinguishing between Sx/Sp and Sx/So. I feel like I don't get close to a lot of Sx-types for personal examples and, as my blindspot, Sx is hard for me to differentiate on a theoretical basis.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, a job is not sx. jobs are sp because it creates income.
    The first instinct is your priority yes, and yes it is in fact youre mode that youre using all the time.. because its your priority. Except in rare extreme situations where the instincts have changed temporarily.
    I'm not in sx mode all the time, I give much more the impression of being in sp mode all the time. However, when I find someone I want to do sx-instinct with, then is when I change my mode. I'm always waiting for the opportunity to shift gears and go into sx mode. But at the same time, as you say, while I easily engage in sp matters constantly, what I care about is sx. When I said job, I am referring not to a clerk at McDonalds type of job, but rather what you are supposed to do in life. Your vocation. IMO, that can be part of sublimating the sx instinct as well.

The difference between the first and 2nd instinct is that youre neurotic about your first, and the 2nd one there is no anxiety attached to it, usually, nor extreme pleasure and joy from getting it fulfilled like with the first. You just get on with it and its fine. It's stabilized.
    Agreed.

The last is just like "i dont give a fuck, this is invisible to me". Though imo there is a universal "common sense" and most people have (different degrees of) sublimated ways of doing their last instinct. That's why you can see sp-lasts talking about food and bonding over it because they see the social aspect of it.
    Good observation.

This you say here sounds sx. Could cause confusion.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes... but it's more like having/feeling connection to everyone or a group. You feel the most secure when you feel connection to everyone or a group, because you can rely on them for support. Sps probably feel the most secure when they have "resources", and sxs feel the most secure when they're in a deep relationship with a person. So as long as I feel like I belong to a group, then those two are not as important for me.

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's all well and good but these threads are an outlet for people to express their perception of an instinct in a creative form. There are plenty of threads here where people are being "real" about whatever type they are and what they feel is their instinct stackings. Sometimes it is their type and sometimes it is not. I skip most videos, tbh. Fighting other people's perception often means having to defend your own.

p.s. sorry the current trends are not offering you good sx/sp wanking material.
    Yeah, I noticed. This thread then, and the ones of other instincts, are more aptly called the x/y instinct wanking thread. On the flipside, though, the opposite wasn't ruled out either, neither was any clear-cut statement that the thread is mainly for people to dump it with whatever they want. I mean if typology is an intellectual pursuit of yours, then it just goes without saying that you look for the subtype you're interested in in the corresponding subthread. I don't think I'm just the only one using that logic to navigate forums for (more) information.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I'm not in sx mode all the time, I give much more the impression of being in sp mode all the time. However, when I find someone I want to do sx-instinct with, then is when I change my mode. I'm always waiting for the opportunity to shift gears and go into sx mode. But at the same time, as you say, while I easily engage in sp matters constantly, what I care about is sx. When I said job, I am referring not to a clerk at McDonalds type of job, but rather what you are supposed to do in life. Your vocation. IMO, that can be part of sublimating the sx instinct as well.
    Sx firsts constantly are aware of their sx, its not something you can switch off, same with with all the instnicts. It manifests in different ways as i listed above
    For example for sx: occupied with getting the partner/occupied with keeping partner/occupied with keeping the fire/occupied with being attractive and attracting/occupied with personal attraction/repulsion to things and people...
    So, not that sx firsts are always in relationships, but constantly aware of repulsion/attraction to people, who and what they want to merge with and not.
    And
    A few riffs on Sexual:

Positive:

-interruption or destruction of status-quo staleness, i.e.- busting up the outdated propriety and entrenchment born of the mix of 'sp + soc' by way of some kind of provocative material. Destruction as creation, Creation as destruction...

-some capacity to ride or compel the mercurial waves of change or upheaval/uprooting (in general or in one's own life), or, on a smaller scale, some reflex that compels you to throw in some kind of twist or unexpected bit of chaos, for example, into a social gathering. The 'wild card' that pushes for further exploration into new ground.

-instant and direct inner access to the particulars of what you're personally attracted to and what/who you want to 'take in' and merge with, become a part of you ... conversely, instant reactions to what repels you and what/who doesn't qualify as candidate for assimilation into your 'inner church', soul, emotional body. My aesthetic, my style, my design, me as creator and arbiter of 'Me'.

Negative:

-chaos, upheaval, drama created from an unconscious compulsion to feel electricity, heat, passion, i.e.- a needless or counter-productive short-lived conflagration or longer-term pursuit generated as a self-interested 'drug fix'. Creation as destruction, Destruction as creation....

-interpersonal boundary crossing, compulsion to 'risk all', including family, friends, reputation, etc.... again in service of some kind of narcotic high, either literal or figurative

-all or nothing: no middle ground of compromise, i.e.- an aversion to interacting, relating, working with others in a 'modular' fashion, giving and taking in certain areas of mutual interest and overlap. Instead, rejecting those that won't take 'all of you', or those who you don't want to swallow whole

This you say here sounds sx. Could cause confusion.
    All kind of relationships and bonding are soc. Sex is sx. There's a difference.

Another for the sx 'negative' list:~Objectification of the romantic other or close friend
    To me, the reason that terms like 'sex object' and 'object of desire' have arisen in our language is significantly due to an intrinsic aspect of sexuality and the sx instinct, in general. There's a hunter/prey element in sx -- picture the way a tiger transfixes visually on its prey in the distance. Deadly serious... and the only thing in the world, right now, is *that* object.
    So, sx as a psychological style condenses (and simultaneously inwardly exponentiates) the 'other' into a potent localized fetishized source/embodiment of some kind of craved energy that has a charged 'personal signature' that is claimed (as 'mine') by way of its having fallen into the hunter's transfixed line-of-sight. The Other, like the victim of a serial killer, is partly just a pawn in the sx-first's own potent self-styled self-hypnosis. See how this is really a kind of profound *non*-intimacy? ... as opposed to sx being the "intimacy" instinct?

Note also the element of the hunter/prey metaphor that has to do with assimilating, 'taking in' the other, merging with, 'You are what you eat'. And, continuing the sex/hunter metaphor, the energetic downturn after eating a large meal ('devouring the other') is similar to post-orgasm energy deflation.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yeah, I noticed. This thread then, and the ones of other instincts, are more aptly called the x/y instinct wanking thread. On the flipside, though, the opposite wasn't ruled out either, neither was any clear-cut statement that the thread is mainly for people to dump it with whatever they want. I mean if typology is an intellectual pursuit of yours, then it just goes without saying that you look for the subtype you're interested in in the corresponding subthread. I don't think I'm just the only one using that logic to navigate forums for (more) information.
    The logic is only flawed if you come into any thread without an ability to discern what is valid for yourself and what isn't. That is in any thread. I get it. Some things have me wondering wtf are they thinking, like your cute disney video but hey, if that is how how experience sx then who am I to judge it.

I will say being sx first that my experiences are probably more raw and perhaps more terrifying (from the outside) than many forum members can relate to.

YWIMW

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sx firsts constantly are aware of their sx, its not something you can switch off,
    I can not switch it off, but I can certainly ignore it and engage in sp instead.

All kind of relationships and bonding are soc. Sex is sx. There's a difference.
    Are you sure about this?

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The logic is only flawed if you come into any thread without an ability to discern what is valid for yourself and what isn't. That is in any thread. I get it. Some things have me wondering wtf are they thinking, like your cute disney video but hey, if that is how how experience sx then who am I to judge it.

I will say being sx first that my experiences are probably more raw and perhaps more terrifying (from the outside) than many forum members can relate to.
    Well, put simply: there's version A: that you're Sx/Sp in a thread where nobody else is and option B: you're not Sx/Sp in a forum where everybody else is. Now the reason I'd opt for A is that cooperation and teamwork is a large part of how humans copycat and pass on culture, share responsibility, maintain systems of infrastructure. Without "being social" fandom would not exist. So if Sx/Sps were to be defined as staunch individualists, then why fandom of the same frame of reference, of the same (lower class) cultural register? It inevitably gets to the point where the spectacle falls apart. In my experience, when you're with an Sx first, it just feels right. You don't get offended on things social types do. Ofc, I'm not saying there aren't all kinds of versions. But for the most part, the patterns here show lust, gluttony 7w8, 8w7, 8w9, 9w8 in its most visceral. And 8 (assertiveness, agression, bravery) is actually really easy to be mistaken for Sx.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Neokortex , why do you have three different stackings in your signature? I want to read what you have to say because we might have noticed the same things.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I can not switch it off, but I can certainly ignore it and engage in sp instead.
    Ignore it? you can't ignore it, it's a neurosis and an instinct.

Are you sure about this?
    Yes.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignore it? you can't ignore it, it's a neurosis and an instinct.
    But can choose not to obey it.

Yes.
    For you, maybe.

IMO, when people refer to a "relationship", they're usually referring to the So aspect of it. But the actual bond between two people is Sx based. And sx CAN be sex, or rather, sex CAN be sx, but that is not always so. Sex is usually sp based.

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Neokortex , why do you have three different stackings in your signature? I want to read what you have to say because we might have noticed the same things.
    What I noticed were Oceanmoonshine's descriptions on PerC. That got me going. Then I realized that I have my on & off moments. Some things trigger my Sx. Other things trigger my So. And more importantly: the way your "instincts" work is the basically the result of the dynamics of your tritype. If one social strategy doesn't work out, logically, one turns to the intimate/self-pres sphere and vice versa. Or if you want to think big, the still "uncivilized," nomad groups of people compared to the sedentary nations (e.g. Romi vs. Spaniards) have similar oppositions.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I noticed were Oceanmoonshine's descriptions on PerC. That got me going. Then I realized that I have my on & off moments. Some things trigger my Sx. Other things trigger my So. And more importantly: the way your "instincts" work is the basically the result of the dynamics of your tritype. If one social strategy doesn't work out, logically, one turns to the intimate/self-pres sphere and vice versa. Or if you want to think big, the still "uncivilized," nomad groups of people compared to the sedentary nations (e.g. Romi vs. Spaniards) have similar oppositions.
    So each center has got it's own stacking just like the tritype? This could explain the intra-stacking differences (why there's variance between people of the same alleged stacking).

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Lol, you'd have to be Buddha or something to be able to ignore your first instinct.

For you, maybe.

IMO, when people refer to a "relationship", they're usually referring to the So aspect of it. But the actual bond between two people is Sx based. And sx CAN be sex, or rather, sex CAN be sx, but that is not always so. Sex is usually sp based.
    Again:
    ~Objectification of the romantic other or close friendTo me, the reason that terms like 'sex object' and 'object of desire' have arisen in our language is significantly due to an intrinsic aspect of sexuality and the sx instinct, in general. There's a hunter/prey element in sx -- picture the way a tiger transfixes visually on its prey in the distance. Deadly serious... and the only thing in the world, right now, is *that* object.
    So, sx as a psychological style condenses (and simultaneously inwardly exponentiates) the 'other' into a potent localized fetishized source/embodiment of some kind of craved energy that has a charged 'personal signature' that is claimed (as 'mine') by way of its having fallen into the hunter's transfixed line-of-sight. The Other, like the victim of a serial killer, is partly just a pawn in the sx-first's own potent self-styled self-hypnosis. See how this is really a kind of profound *non*-intimacy? ... as opposed to sx being the "intimacy" instinct?
    Note also the element of the hunter/prey metaphor that has to do with assimilating, 'taking in' the other, merging with, 'You are what you eat'. And, continuing the sex/hunter metaphor, the energetic downturn after eating a large meal ('devouring the other') is similar to post-orgasm energy deflation.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For you, maybe.

I feel like the bonds can be based on any of the instincts, but the urge to seek bonds in other individuals as individuals is the sx instinct at work, and that instinct when actively being used is like the most direct approach, and so usually serves as the basis for a lot of bonds between two people

TIM
    Extrovert and Happy.
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So each center has got it's own stacking just like the tritype? This could explain the intra-stacking differences (why there's variance between people of the same alleged stacking).
    You mean the same tritype but each having a diff. emphasis on one or two of their constituents? Usually it's hard enough to come by someone with the same tritype, let alone being able to verify it with that person. Like I have a social 4w3 which is pretty much chameleon but I have a hard time seeing how that connects to my 6 and 1. Sometimes I go into the "soul child" of the 6, that is a kind of a proto-9. Then, often my Sx 1 assertiveness wavers back to 6w7 humorous compliance. It's complicated.