Thread: Platonic or Romantic Business/Look-a-like Relationship Examples

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Platonic or Romantic Business/Look-a-like Relationship Examples

Hello!

I was wondering how business/ look-a-like relations are in real life in either a platonic or romantic sense (:

Do feel free to share your experiences and thoughts about such relations, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you all

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is relevant. It doesn't seem like socionists pay much attention to business relations. Generally I don't notice many business BFFs/couples. However, there is a surprising pattern in my life--female EII-male LII couples.

My own history with LIIs:
    - My dad is LII sp/sx, and we are not close.
    - When I was in college, I liked the idea of all NTs basically, including LII.
    - In grad school, I became a lot closer to various LIIs, including friends, professors, and dates. Many of them have also been sp/sx, and I started to loathe the similarities I saw between them and my father. Not to mention so/sx (my stacking) and sp/sx shouldn't get along anyway, even if there are no mediocre parental figures involved. I started adoring Te, and Ti annoyed me in contrast. LIIs still seemed to like me a lot, sensing my trustworthiness, reliability, and ostensible lack of being judgmental, but the platonic/romantic attractions have been one-sided for the most part. I mostly like and respect LIIs just fine, but I'm not as excited to hang out with my LII friends as much as I am with my EII, ILI, or LSE friends.
    - Now I'm dating an LII with whom I have incredible chemistry?!? He's so/sx, probably creative subtype (and I am probably harmonizing), and everything feels so much more natural than with Delta STs or anyone else I've dated.

What I find difficult about LIIs in general:
    - Even if they're nice/well intentioned/good people, they often appear disagreeable due to their penchant for nitpicking and pointing out logical inconsistencies. They also can be incredibly unpleasant to argue with when they've latched onto something they want to argue about (which is not even necessarily something that they believe, since they like playing devil's advocate sometimes). Many LIIs are too stubborn and will interpret all of your evidence in insane ways to fit their beliefs.
    - Many of them are sp/sx, and I don't like how quiet/unsociable they can be. And for dating, I don't like stingy people, while sp/sx are quite stingy. They are also often too skinny for my romantic taste.

What I like about LIIs in general:
    - Most of them are good people. I trust them not to do any crazy complicated backstabbing plots, and I trust them not to take advantage of me. They can be quite generous and caring and almost EII-like (that role Fi tho).
    - They are intelligent, and their Ti plays an important role in the Jungian ecosystem. I once did an "Escape the Room" puzzle with around 10 Te valuers, all doing PhDs/MDs at top universities, and I think we failed to finish the puzzle in time because we didn't have a Ti valuer. We kept accepting each other's deductions at face value and didn't question how they all fit together enough. Of course, such puzzles are not an important aspect of life, but the dynamic in this anecdote surely exists in more significant situations, such as at work.

What I think LIIs like about EIIs:
    - I can only guess, but I think that when an LII comes across an EII, the EII is one of the few people who seems like they will accept the LII, eccentricities and all. I think LIIs feel safe around EIIs--at least this seems to be the case for most of the LIIs who like me.
    - The LII I'm dating is so sociable that this can't be the main reason he likes me. I think he just really values intelligence and ambition in a woman. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sorry if that sounds braggy. But I'm only OK-looking, and mostly men value beauty over intelligence and ambition.

If it was just this LII and me, it wouldn't be an interesting pattern. But two of my female EII friends are in relationships with male LIIs, so there seems to be something there. @Pastel, do you have any business relation stories of note?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My parents are ESI+LSI

They have always had problems with threir incompatibility.

Doing things. Even simple stuff was always problematic.

Seems to be a rare combination. Its understandable.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pastel View Post
    I was wondering how business/ look-a-like relations are in real life in either a platonic or romantic sense
    There is no deep friendship. Such relations may be short or hold longer on passion/sex, sympathy of close interests and some external profits. They are called as "business" by the reason.

> Do feel free to share your experiences and thoughts about such relations

If you want good and long relations, but not just fuck on a weekend, - keep away from any IR except dual, semi-dual and activation. You'll need your nerves in further life. If you can - choose duals, as other will have stable issues which will need significant efforts to overcome - forever.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    There is no deep friendship. Such relations may be short or hold longer on passion/sex, sympathy of close interests and some external profits. They are called as "business" by the reason.

> Do feel free to share your experiences and thoughts about such relations

If you want good and long relations, but not just fuck on a weekend, - keep away from any IR except dual, semi-dual and activation. You'll need your nerves in further life. If you can - choose duals, as other will have stable issues which will need significant efforts to overcome - forever.

Including Relations of Benefit??

How would a romantic relation of benefit play out???

And may I know how a deep friendship generally looks like???

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pastel View Post
    Including Relations of Benefit?
    If orderer likes someone - he may give support from ego, and suboderer may support him by his base function in lesser degree.

> How would a romantic relation of benefit play out???

They may start quickly and after some time orderer becomes boring from them, reduces the support and suborderer understands himself as being deceived. Then orderer understands the situation and either returns some care to hold the relations or let them break.

> And may I know how a deep friendship generally looks like?

It's when you feel yourself and the other man like parts of One being. You want to do anything together, you value needs of other like own ones, you feel like the personality of other feels you and makes you see the world like him, and like he becomes like you, - the border between minds and "self" of two people becomes narrower. Sometimes you may notice telepathic/imagination effects, like you feel what the other feels on a distance. It's in base of what is called romantic love, the main difference is that "only friendship" has no sexual passion. You may love anyone, technically, but in good IR it's easier as you'll need lesser efforts to accept the other, while your psyche resources are not infinite - you'll tire in bad IR, so you'll wish to expand the psyche distance, to reduce friendship between you - what will give lesser pleasure in relations, will make them more conflicting.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience:

Feel sorry for each other too much. Too much empathy and not much excitement or energy at all. Very compassionate towards one another but that's kinda boring. Holds each other to high societal standards and when not behaving appropriately, calls the other out on it. Same gender lookalikes can obviously be more harsh because its two men, and especially if the lookalike disappoints the other in some way. Would need more outside help to make any relationship work, especially between introverts. But tons of understanding.