Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: which type do you dislike the most?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Almost no ESEs on this website (zero regular ones) wow, I wonder if that could maybe possibly have influenced anybody’s answers
    Yeah, I feel Alpha SFs get a surprisingly poor rap in general, and I’m not sure why. It might be related to that.

Ash mentioned ESEs can feel overbearing. I get the impression others have similar reasons for disliking them. I find it interesting/funny that ESEs aren’t thought to be manipulative, or selfish, or anything like that — just that they’re too nice, and want to be appreciated. I’m sure some people would be irritated by this, but so many?!

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m with you @FreelancePoliceman Some SEI’s I’ve known have been quite selfless, for example. Extremely caring of other people, kind and considerate.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if the bad reputation of ESE is influenced by Dominant subtype. Normalizing ESE can be pretty mellow and reasonable.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it just reinforces alpha SF coolness when a forum of idiots find them so despicable ^^

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I wonder if the bad reputation of ESE is influenced by Dominant subtype. Normalizing ESE can be pretty mellow and reasonable.
    Both have their shortcomings, but dominant ESEs are more liked ime. They use their Fe a lot and are (over)concerned with getting along with other people. Normalising ESEs, when focussing on Ti, can be too bent on enforcing arbitrary rules and being correct all the time. They get super defensive when you point out any flaw in reasoning, while dominant ESE seem to appreciatethat more.
    However, I think ESE get more hate on this forum than in real life because gamma introverts are venting on here.
    In real life, XSEs get a bad reputation because they are too forceful, impatient, unable to introspect, pushing their needs/standards/opionions on other people, and unable to admit they are wrong/biased. They are pretty expressive, so it's easy to hate them compared to other types that are better at hiding their "bad side".

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To get back to the topic, the types that I get along with the least are SLE, ESI and LSI, when they are the dominant subtype.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I prefer weird ESE's. I have met few of those. Like there is one who sings and writes love song lyrics to LII's about how they should behave and handle hygiene.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Almost no ESEs on this website (zero regular ones) wow, I wonder if that could maybe possibly have influenced anybody’s answers
    Probably are but probably mistype themselves as IEE as usual

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lkdhf qkb View Post
    Both have their shortcomings, but dominant ESEs are more liked ime. They use their Fe a lot and are (over)concerned with getting along with other people. Normalising ESEs, when focussing on Ti, can be too bent on enforcing arbitrary rules and being correct all the time. They get super defensive when you point out any flaw in reasoning, while dominant ESE seem to appreciatethat more.
    However, I think ESE get more hate on this forum than in real life because gamma introverts are venting on here.
    In real life, XSEs get a bad reputation because they are too forceful, impatient, unable to introspect, pushing their needs/standards/opionions on other people, and unable to admit they are wrong/biased. They are pretty expressive, so it's easy to hate them compared to other types that are better at hiding their "bad side".
    yeah maybe your right. It could be just my own experience since I've seen some nasty/ manipulative stuff coming from D-ESE together with really obvious Ni polr while I recently had an N-ESE co-worker who seemed very much ok and "introverted" in a pleasant way.

Anyway, I like ESE over many other types simply because of the fairly good compatibility, and bringing in some refreshing emotionality even at work.

Just to show some examples of these types: This is what I mean by D-ESE and this is N-ESE imo
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

non-Beta type 7s are bad business ime

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    ESE's and LIE's tend to be too stormy for many to handle. I usually like ESE's. The thing about them is that they all over the place doing random non conductive stuff so they need Ti chains to hold them in one place more than five seconds and not become offended by them when react. Would I want to live with one...? Eh they need Ij whips and chains.

EIE and LSE are more so in close circle.
    You mean EIE and LSE are stormier and more all over the place and random than ESE and LIE in a circle of people close to them? Just wondering=)

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEEs and LSIs. Not all of them, just on average.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    You mean EIE and LSE are stormier and more all over the place and random than ESE and LIE in a circle of people close to them? Just wondering=)
    Other way around. It is just it really depends on person. Like if the person is contacting or not. Some ESE's have huge passion going through them and at the same time their actions are too scattered while they keep on contacting. LIE's seem to have similar thing going on but way less passion and more about longing for intimacy.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

On this forum its LSE's (except leckysupport)
    In general it is one of the alpha extroverts

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As someone who listed ESEs, it probably did for me. I only have my generally negative traits as a real life frame of reference, so I'm sure Im missing good ones.

I wonder how much having a negative frame of reference for a particular type is influencing answers in general.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Things they've had in common:

-visibly/obviously monitoring my emotions for appropriateness to the situation, and sometimes commenting on whether they're incorrect

-attributing positive qualities to me that I don't really have and praising them, either to push me in that direction, or out of delusion, not sure (or just that they perceive as positive. I remember saying some guy was hot and an ese laughed and was like, "of course you're joking. You prefer men like David hasselhoff." That kind of thing.)

-brewing about their invasive helpful gestures not being appreciated with enough gusto
    This EXACTLY describes my problems with some ESE's. However, I get along very well with another ESE, except that he is financially irresponsible and only does exactly what he wants, when he wants.

Of all the types, I'd say that I've had the worst, the absolute worst, experiences with SEI-Si's. I try to kid around with them in a nice way, and they then publicly and loudly label me as a pervert. It's not so much that they offend me by what they do normally, so much as they really take a dislike to me and make it public.

ILE's, of course, are random crazies whom I sometimes want to strangle but who also make a hell of a lot of sense half the time. It's a weird relationship.

All in all, I don't think I hate any particular type. There are types that I can get along with effortlessly, and types that require some distance, but I certainly don't hate any type values.

Now, some individuals, yes. I have met some people who are living proof that God does not exist. Or if He/She does, she's operating on assumptions that don't make sense to me.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It actually just dawned on me exactly what type ESE is and ones that I have known. I have mixed feelings and there have definitely been ones I have not been a huge fan of at all. I have seen some more mature ones who are actually quite lovely of people, but that fakeness (best way I can describe it) does seem to seep through at times.

There were certain types I used to not like, especially a certain type of woman, but the more I experienced life I realized that I was being too judgmental, hell maybe even envious in certain ways. I think it's best to be careful especially with younger people who are still growing and maturing. All of the types have positive and negative attributes, things to offer, and I think completely avoiding a less desirable type may end up just hurting people in the end and stunting their growth. Maybe some people don't care to grow

*edit* After the above written, I was found talking shit about how stupid Katy Perry seemed so... ignore me.
    Last edited by thegreenfaerie; 11-17-2019 at 10:19 PM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can rest peacefully knowing my one sentence inspired a page of reflection yay. SLE unconstructive my ass @BaruchJorgell

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I can rest peacefully knowing my one sentence inspired a page of reflection yay. SLE unconstructive my ass @BaruchJorgell
    Just agreeing. I was self aware enough about it to skip the reflection stuff.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Just agreeing. I was self aware enough about it to skip the reflection stuff.
    Yeah I know I don’t think you’re retarded lol. I just used reflection synonymously with “thinking about it”/discussion.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIIs, fuck them.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post
    EIIs, fuck them.
    If you still type me EII, then I'm fucked... or not... regardless, I don't care if I'm fucked from your pov.

Dislike of people is not really type related for me. I have SEE and SLE as distant relatives in my family. I respect them, they respect me. Not a big deal, and usually no conflict.

I guess I dislike people with out of control ... typically people with strong unvalued
    ...but I have to admit that my own can get out of control when I'm really stressed...

All in all, dislike is somewhat type related, but not a single type in particular.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    If you still type me EII, then I'm fucked... or not... regardless, I don't care if I'm fucked from your pov.

Dislike of people is not really type related for me. I have SEE and SLE as distant relatives in my family. I respect them, they respect me. Not a big deal, and usually no conflict.

I guess I dislike people with out of control ... typically people with strong unvalued
    ...but I have to admit that my own can get out of control when I'm really stressed...

All in all, dislike is somewhat type related, but not a single type in particular.
    ha ha get triggered and tilted EII bitch.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha ha get triggered and tilted EII bitch.
    I already expected a reaction like that from you...

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already expected a reaction like that from you...
    I fully expect you did.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone loves me

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stay tuned for I Love @Armalite! It's like I Love Lucy, but with creepy cults, angsty Russians, and black metal!
    Last edited by Metamorph; 11-18-2019 at 01:05 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a secret ESE

teeheehahahaheeheheelolololol evil FeSi schemes

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armalite View Post
    Everyone loves me
    I don't. Get rekt n00b

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully expect you did.
    Expectational quid pro quo, alright then.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expectational quid pro quo, alright then.
    How greasy are you?

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How greasy are you?
    If you collected all the grease from 16ters, you could fry vegan french fries in lard and everyone who ate them would catch various psychopathologies and withdraw from light and air until they curl up and turn pale like a maggot.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    If you collected all the grease from 16ters, you could fry vegan french fries in lard and everyone who ate them would catch various psychopathologies and withdraw from light and air until they curl up and turn pale like a maggot.
    replace "16ters" with LIIs and it still applies.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t choose a most hated, but I think my least hated type is SEE.

It’s not that they don’t have shitty points. It’s that they tend to display their shitty points in a more obvious or honest manner, compared to others. This makes them easier to handle and forgive and connect with.
    Last edited by sbbds; 11-19-2019 at 09:44 AM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can’t choose a most hated, but I think my least hated type is SEE.

It’s not that they don’t have shitty points. It’s that they tend to display their shitty points in a more obvious or honest manner, compared to others. This makes them easier to handle and forgive and connect with.

Yeah... I think OneCoin scam was designed by one SLE who had SEE mass marketeer. SEE made millions but since he can claim with straight face of not knowing about the scam he is free and a millionaire while SLE enjoys her life long exile with her millions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OneCoin
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Humanist and Actor Christian Bale's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As with your children, you don't hate one more than another. You hate them all.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to dislike ESEs the most. They're 4D Se, which makes them an awful supervisor. They never seem to understand that I just have a different personality, and won't be more emotionally expressive, they kind of expect from me to be like them. And all this thing with telling others to smile while not giving the reasons to do this.

Besides that, I dislike SLEs, but I can get along with them.

TIM
    SLI-Si H 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk probably SEE
    I can't take this anymore
    And I'm almost pretty sure
    I've been here before

Socioville Discord: https://discord.gg/yAfc4ZU

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don’t like how mistrustful SLE get and doubtful and incapable of waxing and waning their own suspension. But that’s a process that grates on my nerves
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I find the ESE hate amusing. lol Sometimes they have a poor sense of timing and seem oblivious to me brushing them off politely so I have to be direct about it. Nothing too bad on my end. I once noticed a lot of forum members typing a parent ESE so I wonder if that influences perception. Having kids turn people ESE? My LSI mom didn't have any of the ESE vibes and my ESE sister is younger so I had seniority over her anyway.

They don't really bother me much, probably because my sister is one. I am sure I frustrate them to a certain degree.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast