Thread: Going into business with ESI + his LIE girlfriend

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Going into business with ESI + his LIE girlfriend

So my SEE friend is asking me to go into business with his best friends. Any advance tips?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good way to end a friendship
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Good way to end a friendship
    How can I avoid that?

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it set in stone?

like maybe you guys would meet and talk things out and over the course of all this the business compatibility, etc, would become more clear (to everyone)

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    How can I avoid that?
    Dont have the business fail after investing enough money in to take a serious loss.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

what kind of business? a promising startup? will u need venture capital ? loan? what does google say? hedge ur position in the team, set exits, leave no room for misunderstandings,undertake a neuralgic part of the project to have them grabbed by the balls (if there is no such part, create one), but most importantly , remember that as u live u learn

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    is it set in stone?

like maybe you guys would meet and talk things out and over the course of all this the business compatibility, etc, would become more clear (to everyone)
    lol, it was set in stone as of 5 minutes ago. They seem like a friendly couple... a bit too Gamma if you catch my drift, but whatever, I'd probably feel bad if I didn't seize the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Dont have the business fail after investing enough money in to take a serious loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotel Transylvania View Post
    what kind of business? a promising startup? will u need venture capital ? loan? what does google say? hedge ur position in the team, set exits, leave no room for misunderstandings,undertake a neuralgic part of the project to have them grabbed by the balls (if there is no such part, create one), but most importantly , remember that as u live u learn
    Little capital is required since we all have the necessary equipment. His van will probably need a paint job though.

Without giving too much away and obscuring all the details (I'm not spewing my real plans in public), the business involves organizing circus-themed frat parties, but with the unique distinction that the performing clowns will look and act like the Joker's posse from Batman: The Dark Knight.

There is virtually no risk since startup costs are minimal. There will most certainly be legal risks, which could make or break our business, since part of the act involves escalating the situation by holding the party hostage at a warehouse location while they're drunk / stoned. Since this can't be something they expect to happen, we'll probably require our clients to sign a contract stating that they understand all the risks. Fortunately, the guy's dad is a retired attorney and can help us out.

Thx for the help guy's.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@xerx when I read the above - this movie comes to mind:

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post
    @xerx when I read the above - this movie comes to mind:
    lol, nice. i don't think we'd want it to get that out of control, but i'll definitely check it out.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, nice. i don't think we'd want it to get that out of control, but i'll definitely check it out.
    Yeah, that's the extreme version. A good movie btw if you haven't seen it.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol, it was set in stone as of 5 minutes ago. They seem like a friendly couple... a bit too Gamma if you catch my drift, but whatever, I'd probably feel bad if I didn't seize the opportunity.
    You'll feel worse when you are broke, without friends, and in jail.

There is virtually no risk since startup costs are minimal. There will most certainly be legal risks, which could make or break our business, since part of the act involves escalating the situation by holding the party hostage at a warehouse location while they're drunk / stoned. Since this can't be something they expect to happen, we'll probably require our clients to sign a contract stating that they understand all the risks. Fortunately, the guy's dad is a retired attorney and can help us out.
    Yeah, what could go wrong with that?

Honestly, I hope this post is a joke.
    There are an almost infinite number of ways to make money, and there is a reason why no one is doing it this way.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    You'll feel worse when you are broke, without friends, and in jail.

Yeah, what could go wrong with that?

Honestly, I hope this post is a joke.
    There are an almost infinite number of ways to make money, and there is a reason why no one is doing it this way.
    They'll call me a visionary.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They'll call me a visionary.
    I hope so. But they may just call you to for towels, for coffee, for meals, and for visits to the exercise yard.
    Let us know how this goes, and make sure you know someone who will post bail.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I hope so. But they may just call you to for towels, for coffee, for meals, and for visits to the exercise yard.
    Let us know how this goes, and make sure you know someone who will post bail.
    In that unfortunate case, the silver lining is that I'll be able to connect with seasoned "businessmen" / future partners in crime. Could be the best that ever happens to me -- people are so overly focused on the negatives these days.
    Last edited by xerx; 05-10-2015 at 04:49 PM.