Thread: Are Si types always tired?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Are Si types always tired?

Are Si leads (SEI, SLI) always tired, or is just me ?

I mean, like if we got tired too soon?
    Last edited by Hope; 04-10-2018 at 07:32 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I may or may not be Si but I'm tired all the time basically, pretty much like you describe. I just think its because I'm forced to do boring shit. Every once in a while I get super excited and stay up for long periods and my attention is rivetted on something. At those times I'm not tired. But they're like rare treats. I'm not sure if tired is the right word, because I feel like it somehow doesn't do it justice, but even right now I'm fighting off taking a nap. I don't feel like tired in the sense that life isn't worth living or something, its more that sleeping feels like a valuable use of my time right now

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They tend to have low energy, but maybe you should see a doctor about that, it doesn't seem normal.

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about all Si types. I'm an IEI and my boyfriend is a SLI. He is tired a lot, but most of all he tends to be calm, and he seems to like being calm and low-energy, whereas I don't but can't really do anything about it unless I drink coffee or something.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Social media is exhausting. I don't know the exact science behind it, but it often drains people in a negative way. Yet we get addicted to it.

I think this is a modern lifestyle thing.

Spend time in nature, let mother nature re-balance yourself- even if you live in some smoggy city there should be a pretty park or some place you can go to re-balance your senses. Eat healthy and work out enough. And it's very easy to give this advice and not follow it myself. But you know what Oscar Wilde said about advice....

A little bit of drama/fucked up weirdness and human desire is all part of life- you don't ever totally erase these things. As you spiritually evolve, you just put sin its proper place. (I think we often become tired of pursuing things that ultimately don't matter.) Remember the dosage usually dictates the poison.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Si types better feel the body's state. If you are really tired - you'll feel it clear.
    But it's lesser common to feel themselves as tired for S types, as they better control own body, better avoid over-working to exhaustion, keep body in better condition and better may activate it by own will.
    N types should get more cases of neurasthenia.
    Also there can be physical (thyroid's disorders, the lack of some microelements, the lack of sleeping, etc.) and psyche (depressive states or other) causes for feeling tired.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    They tend to have low energy
    heresy

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That would be health related.. Not type related at all. Y’all keep trying to connect Socionics with everything.

Are Te types more prone to diarrhea?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, I've been having diarrhea pretty bad the last month and a half or so and I sure as hell don't value Te. =(

Or maybe I'm mistyped! /rubs Maritsa's ghost.

Fe/Ti valuing would be diarrhea, and Fi/Te valuing would be constipation...

Okay I'll stop talking about this.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    That would be health related.. Not type related at all. Y’all keep trying to connect Socionics with everything.

This could be the subject of a medical study. Maybe there is some breakthrough knowledge waiting there to be discovered.

Anecdotally, I once had diarrhea for a year and a half, which coincided with the worst job/life situation I’ve ever experienced. Changed jobs, life got better, problem disappeared.
    But any type can experience stress. The only difference might be what causes the stress.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

first of all, "health related" is general to the point of meaninglessness. even if it is health related in any meaningful sense it doesn't mean it can't also be type related. the two arent exclusive

second of all, whether its type related is the question under discussion. you literally just came in and said "no" without any reasoning except by placing general statements before and after your conclusion, like they're connected, but is totally meaningless. I see them arranged in sequence but they're total non sequiturs. this is why SEI is so freaking annoying. they stand there like a brick and utter stupidities and rely on everyone else being too embarrassed for them to speak up. are Te types more prone to diarrhea? there's honestly no way to address this without pointing out what a moron you are, so good job on leveraging people's sense of politeness in order to freeze discussion because the only way forward is to get ugly [1]. that's sort of like being right, right..?

Y’all keep trying to connect Socionics with everything. [2]
    yeah fuck me right

hey Pink, there's a reason you never have anything to add and then when you do its stuff of this nature, and it is type related

I will say this is a brilliant example of how SEI manages to influence the course of events while maintaining an innocuous image

9/10 times everyone would just be like "..ooohh.." and disperse rather than confront SEI. this is how they crowd control, and supervise hamlet (which is sort of funny when it happens to his rabble rousing, but this is a nice discussion, that really didn't deserve SEI wandering in and regulating)...

anyway, this is something I see happen a lot in life and it bothers me almost every time, because its so powerful. its like mom dropping a nuclear bomb, except its always so indiscriminately placed. this sort of thing needs to be constrained to your goofy dual

[1] this is precisely aimed at their dual ILE, for whom this sort of leverage is the only thing that can reach them when they're on some unethical line of reasoning, because it makes them choose Fe and drop it

[2] this is first of all an ethical statement
    Last edited by Bertrand; 04-10-2018 at 01:36 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Si types and SLI especially is associated with lazyness and as Sol says Si with feeling body states, thats the sense of my question. I don't know what base do you have for such comment.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ TL;DR

Anyways OP, if you’re experiencing fatigue it could be related to lifestyle factors. If it is still a concern and affects your life negatively, I would recommend that you seek medical attention as opposed to seeking the opinions of “typologists”

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

alright back to the post your photo thread with you Pink

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Depends. Little bit of this, little bit of that. I think Si types tend to be naturally calm and relaxed most of the time, but not necessarily tired. I am tired often, but it's directly the result of sleep deprivation, which is NTR.
    Last edited by Raver; 04-10-2018 at 01:56 PM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you'll need an explanation, of either how is Si related to tiredness, or what is Si in the first place.

Since you can't really explain either, the whole thing is meaningless.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    alright back to the post your photo thread with you Pink
    Triggering Bertrand: Success

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bertrand gives me constipation
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Bertrand gives me constipation
    LOL Bertrand is the source of all bodily disharmony

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@bnd thank you, but in my case it has nothing to do with social media. I've been not so much around here lately and I dont use other sm.
    Anyway, I always have had problems with waking up early, and I've low energy and drain real fast. Its shows in my face often, I literally go around with this face and my IEE even notice when I'm already tired, pointing out at my expression. Compared to IEE, ESE or SEE for example I feel like I've low energy.

The other day my IEE took a picture of me in a wedding where I'm yawning behindthe bride...its like everything is emotive and they are all smiling and I was yawning in the back.

Plus the Delta NFs that I know have problems for sleep.

So I think sleep patterns and else could be type related at some point (without leaving aside health problems ofc).

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^ TL;DR

Anyways OP, if you’re experiencing fatigue it could be related to lifestyle factors. If it is still a concern and affects your life negatively, I would recommend that you seek medical attention as opposed to seeking the opinions of “typologists”
    You are increasing my fatigue

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    heresy
    Not everything you disagree with is heresy. Weisband describes SLIs as "he speaks a lot but does nothing", "Sometimes he may be mistaken for a lazybones", "he does not hurry". How is that not low energy?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Depends. Little bit of this, little bit of that. I think Si types tend to be naturally calm and relaxed most of the time, but not necessarily tired. I am tired often, but it's directly the result of sleep deprivation, which is NTR.
    Yes, IEEs have problems with rest ime. They say they are always tired but still having problems for sleep at night and/or wake up too early. I help them to rest or sleep more and they help me to do stuff in the world, lol

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This could be the subject of a medical study. Maybe there is some breakthrough knowledge waiting there to be discovered.

Anecdotally, I once had diarrhea for a year and a half, which coincided with the worst job/life situation I’ve ever experienced. Changed jobs, life got better, problem disappeared.
    But any type can experience stress. The only difference might be what causes the stress.
    lol Adam, yes, I know an LIE who had diggestive problems due stress.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    me too thanks. I think it's gotten better in recent years but for the better part of my youth I was pretty much always tired. I still got bags for days.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes because they're sooo hardworking as fuck

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

xEI just shamelessly interposes their own ignorance as an open challenge, but the problem is in dual seeking they implicate as useless without realizing it that people make "finding connections everywhere" their life purpose. perhaps pointing out that xEI does the same thing but in the realm of relationships could be the basis for a degree of empathy. I understand that "triggering" me is actually the point, but its only because you subconsciously expect me to solve your problems. well, here I am. this is it

i would also point out that this whole method is a species of "going to sleep", so its not as far fetched as it sounds

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They tend to have low energy, but maybe you should see a doctor about that, it doesn't seem normal.
    They won't help you. The causes of something as general as tiredness are near infinite. They'll just tell you to make a few impossible lifestyle changes and send you on your way. Doctors are very useful with acute health issues, but not so much for chronic ones.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Yes because they're sooo hardworking as fuck

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Weisband describes SLIs as "he speaks a lot but does nothing", "Sometimes he may be mistaken for a lazybones", "he does not hurry". How is that not low energy?
    It's not from the feeling lack of energy, but from the wish to do lesser of unpleasant or lesser pleasant actions.
    It's Si type and hence physical efforts where it's possibly will be minimized, it's S type - hence intellectual work is harder and may get lesser interest.

They may do a lot what they like or find as obligate. I know SLI which liked to program on personal computer for own fun, did it for significant time (mb played a lot too what needs energy). But he had no much interest to do this for money, to make career, to do public useful, to study that seriously. He had all - knowledge, abbilities, energy, except motivation to do "actual work". If there was IEE near, she'd motivated on interesting for him and meanwhile more reasonable to live better. Without such support - they do not use own potential good and may look as lazy from the side - they are hard to see what to do better.

In your own citation: "_mistaken_ for a lazybones"
    They need to explain them better possibilities to inspire the interest for more activity. In soft Fi way.

> he does not hurry

It's also from that P types often leave a work to the end.
    Ni is weak unvalued - they do not think about time good and do not like such thinking, so may to underestimate what and when is better to do.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Yes, IEEs have problems with rest ime. They say they are always tired but still having problems for sleep at night and/or wake up too early. I help them to rest or sleep more and they help me to do stuff in the world, lol
    I might be IEE then. I don't think I've once had a consistent sleep schedule or experienced the actual feeling of being awake at a decent hour.

That said, I think SLI's Si + Te manifests itself as a sort of perfect efficiency of comfort, or minimal input for maximum gain. Like a "life hack" kind of person, which would tend toward a sort of laziness or relative inactivity. Russian nerds usually type the sort of "lazy stoic" archetype character as SLI or SEI from what I've seen, but that's more to do with fictional tropes.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mio Q View Post
    I might be IEE then. I don't think I've once had a consistent sleep schedule or experienced the actual feeling of being awake at a decent hour.

That said, I think SLI's Si + Te manifests itself as a sort of perfect efficiency of comfort, or minimal input for maximum gain. Like a "life hack" kind of person, which would tend toward a sort of laziness or relative inactivity. Russian nerds usually type the sort of "lazy stoic" archetype character as SLI or SEI from what I've seen, but that's more to do with fictional tropes.
    like this? Cuz I'm very much like this... I dont think its too far from reality at least in my case. I fit with russian descriptions often, its in this forum where ppl seem often oblivious of type traits that are in russian sources.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

like this? Cuz I'm very much like this... I dont think its too far from reality at least in my case. I fit with russian descriptions often, its in this forum where ppl seem often oblivious of type traits that are in russian sources.

That's definitely one of the examples I was thinking of! And yeah. I do feel like what I've seen on here isn't always consistent with what I've seen lurking on Russian sites.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

*deleted* TMI

It might be worth it to get it checked out so you at least know if you have some reactivated viral thingy. Like I said I missed op so not sure what you wrote.

I am trying this for general low energy or lack of motivation. https://helloendless.com/10-ways-to-...-productivity/
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-10-2018 at 04:33 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LOL Bertrand is the source of all bodily disharmony
    Bert PoLR?

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The funny thing is, I attributed my lack of rest and sleep as weak . Perhaps doms need doms to give the to energize their . While, doms need from doms so they can make the most out of their . Each type helps the other reach their full potential essentially.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One big difference between types in real life is their ability to find work in the ego functions. For example SEI is said to be lazy but I can work long days if i work in the ego. If i work in weak functions (thats more common) then i get easily tired.

I know a LII who worked as a psychiatrist during the day and in the night he wrote his phd thesis. Worked like an animal. But one should remenber the the work he did was probably very suitable for LII strong functions

But Some people will never experience what its like to work in the ego.

So this might have something to do with some types being tired.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I am trying this for general low energy or lack of motivation. https://helloendless.com/10-ways-to-...-productivity/
    "avoid sweeteners", "don’t overindulge in fatty and sugary foods"
    I noticed that mood becomes better after several days without any sweets.
    2 boiled eggs for every 2 days is good idea too. Kefir is better with bifi bacteriums, fresh one (<half of selling time) - 2 x 250 ml per day.
    They did not mention, that it's useful to eat bread a few, as it has B vitamine - helps with nervous system, including the brain.

Chocolate has sugar, so is doubtful as recommended. Tea may work, but tolerance to caffeine should develop quickly.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You always the sound of reason in these kind of threads! xd

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    One big difference between types in real life is their ability to find work in the ego functions. For example SEI is said to be lazy but I can work long days if i work in the ego. If i work in weak functions (thats more common) then i get easily tired.

I know a LII who worked as a psychiatrist during the day and in the night he wrote his phd thesis. Worked like an animal. But one should remenber the the work he did was probably very suitable for LII strong functions

But Some people will never experience what its like to work in the ego.

So this might have something to do with some types being tired.
    Cool! I think that working within your ego gives you confidence while working outside of it makes you feel fragile.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beside NTR it's counterintuitive: Do types sleep less and worse? I'd rather think of - valuers as the tireless workhorses who won't rest properly. Especially the Gamma and Beta extroverts who have either ignored or PoLR . Other than that only the leads might have that issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast