Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gamma derail

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just today I was on the receiving end of Adam's call in the chatbox to 'show my tits'. I have no clue how this came to him as I've never engaged him in such a way that could invite such disgusting commentary. I don't want to make it an administrative issue (@woofwoofl), but i want to put it publicly since @Adam Strange I don't want to be addressed in PM about this - i find it upsetting.

I've no idea how Adam came to conclude he's LIE and i don't have a strict opinion on his type, but my best guess is that maybe his method is something like looking at his bank statement and concluding that 'oh yeah that's within the Lie income bracket'.
    Last edited by Delilah; 09-24-2017 at 02:20 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I hope you will accept my apologies, Delilah. What I said was rude, and I won't do it again.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Just today I was on the receiving end of Adam's call in the chatbox to 'show my tits'. I have no clue how this came to him as I've never engaged him in such a way that could invite such disgusting commentary. I don't want to make it an administrative issue (@woofwoofl), but i want to put it publicly since @Adam Strange I don't want to be addressed in PM about this - i find it upsetting.

I've no idea how Adam came to conclude he's LIE and i don't have a strict opinion on his type, but my best guess is that maybe his method is something like looking at his bank statement and concluding that 'oh yeah that's within the Lie income bracket'.
    I like Adam so you obviously just imagined this and are crazy ;p

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I can't believe Delilah just said random things that made no sense at all and never even happened with absolutely no motivation or impetus whatsoever! Must be sjw or sth.

Jk

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i wasn't going to continue, but i want to clarify: rude is cutting ahead of someone in line. Telling someone to show their tits to someone is a different story, isn't a matter of rude.

What got me even more is that after Adam made his transgressing comment, some chick i dunno (Olimpia or something? Or is it a male?) said to Adam in the Chat: awe adam you're such a victim. Unbelievable.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm sure actively trying for days to break up my relationship was just an innocent social faux pas too lol. I never got an apology for that. And I'm somehow a nutcase for not liking the guy. It's a weird world.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I'm sure actively trying for days to break up my relationship was just an innocent social faux pas too lol. I never got an apology for that.
    Best ways to break a relationship is to stop any contacts or switch romantic feelings to other person.

> And I'm somehow a nutcase for not liking the guy. It's a weird world.

World is weird, for sure, and that why we may be not bored here but play in a try to improve it.
    I think it's useful to believe, that good relations start good, go good and then will finish good. If you get serious problems (and don't have marriage vows), then forget about this guy and find another one. There are many good guys in this world.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Sol, the way you misinterpret things is almost amusing. Lungs was saying that Adam was interfering and trying to break up her relationship with another guy.

The guy who lungs doesn't like is Adam, not the one she was in a relationship with.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

triggered fi bitches OP

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    triggered fi bitches OP
    Ur so kewl dood u don't even give a fuk its leik so alpha lol!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I knew Adam would like that post and null/void his apology to Delilah lol...

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ur so kewl dood u don't even give a fuk its leik so alpha lol!
    look at me im crying for attention id otherwise not get.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

look at me im crying for attention id otherwise not get.
    Exactly?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Exactly?

its a joke not a dick, dont take it so hard. why are u such a stuck up cunt? probably cuz u dont take any dick at all LOL
    Last edited by fox; 09-24-2017 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Anyway

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The depth in this thread is.....so.......penetrating
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Adam so you obviously just imagined this and are crazy ;p
    yes, or maybe Adam is just stupid with women.

Ftr I could easily randomly say something like that IRL
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    yes, or maybe Adam is just stupid with women.

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm stupid with women.

I'm stupid with men, too, but they don't care.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've interacted with you a little bit here and there over the years FDG when i used to post under Felafel and I've never got that impression that you'd just drop random things like that FDG. Anyway, i dunno why you'r putting yourself in his shoes here? I don't want to be randomly addressed by Adam in PM that's why i put this publicly.

I do not like to speak to Adam i have no interest in his posts, it's just he so often happens to be on chat that if you are there he randomly participates - that's how much i know him, that is, not at all. How can he randomly take liberties like that with strangers, it's weird.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've interacted with you a little bit here and there over the years FDG when i used to post under Felafel and I've never got that impression that you'd just drop random things like that FDG. Anyway, i dunno why you'r putting yourself in his shoes here?
    Because what I'm saying is just true (for me). I wouldn't say it in writing though. You probably got a wrong impression on this specific issue...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because what I'm saying is just true (for me). I wouldn't say it in writing though. You probably got a wrong impression on this specific issue...
    Ok, that's fine FDG. My impression however is based on the fact that I've never received (Personally) any comments like that by you: both, before I didn't know you at all and now that i know you. Maybe when i posted under 'he died with a felafel' people used to think i was a guy (true story) but i don't want to open that can of worms lol

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

triggered fi bitches OP
    More like an old man screaming "Spring Break!"

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I hope you will accept my apologies, Delilah. What I said was rude, and I won't do it again.
    You have been told so many times that you are often disrespectful towards women. Why in the world would you then go and tell someone to show her tits? I was in the chatbox and it was totally out of left field. This is a serious question because I cannot think of a thought process that warrants this except a general tendency to reduce women to sexual objects.

I haven't read through this entire thread, but the moment with Delilah was not just rude, that was transgressive. If you want to be less "stupid" with women, listen to THEM and ignore the MRAs (unless you want to be one). But as long as you act like this (and I include all the insufferable passive aggressive gendered and condescending behavior towards lungs), you openly show that you don't respect women even if you think otherwise.

Have at it, MRAs.

ETA: I honestly think you COULD see the problem and fix it if you wanted to.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

More like an old man screaming "Spring Break!"
    So what if he makes inappropriate jokes. The intention was obviously far from malicious, so why are you attacking him as if it was? Or arent you "ethical" enough to notice that he actually was joking? Or are you simply retarded/biting the dog that doesnt bite back? Probably the latter isnt it? Despicable.

Also @Adam Strange stop apologizing to these idiots, they arent worth it. Stand the fuck up to yourself. You arent getting women by being a little bitch to them. The joke was fine. Find women with a sense of humor dude. Theres more fish in the seas than retarded esis that make u feel like ur walking on eggshells. U deserve better dude

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I always get mad about every dirty joke from every single person bcuz I'm a dried up old maid. Everybody knows that. Especially @Hitta.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what if he makes inappropriate jokes. The intention was obviously far from malicious, so why are you attacking him as if it was? Or arent you "ethical" enough to notice that he actually was joking? Or are you simply retarded/biting the dog that doesnt bite back? Probably the latter isnt it? Despicable.

Also @Adam Strange stop apologizing to these idiots, they arent worth it. Stand the fuck up to yourself. You arent getting women by being a little bitch to them. The joke was fine. Find women with a sense of humor dude. Theres more fish in the seas than retarded esis that make u feel like ur walking on eggshells. U deserve better dude
    I actually was going to comment on his motivations on a previous post but i decided how on earth can i know them so i won't comment. But apparently you do?

I didn't ask this man to do anything, i simply asked him to take this publicly and not on PM. He's a total stranger to me.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi, @Number 9 large.
    My original intention in the chat conversation, which you can still read in the chat archive, was to jokingly let Delilah know that just quietly pining for a guy doesn’t always work, and she might have to make some move to let him know that she has some interest in him.

My suggestion of showing her tits to him (not to me, for Christ’s sake) was metaphoric, and only someone totally lacking in a sense of humor would think otherwise. She could have taken it to mean that she just lean toward him, because, quite frankly, this works for most men and preserves the woman’s dignity, or she could have just laughed, which is what I was hoping for.

She chose to interpret my suggestion for getting the guy’s attention in the worst possible way. This is certainly her right, so when she complained, I sent her an apology in PM. This was not enough for her, evidently, so I publicly apologized.

I actually don’t think my suggestion was out of line in the context in which it was meant – some people can take a joke, some can’t, and on-line discussions contain huge potentials for misunderstandings - , but it upset her, and upsetting her was never my intention. So I said I was sorry and I resolved never to speak to her again in this way.

I’ve pretty much stayed quiet about this since my apology, since there isn’t much more I can do. Now, lungs might prefer that I set myself on fire and film it, but I’m not going to do that.

I have found the comments following my apology to be pretty interesting.

With regard to lungs, I understand why she jumped in to pour gasoline on the fire. But @Kim? Do you really think I disrespect all women? Do you think I disrespect you? Really, some of your own posts about your dates gone wrong look worse than what I said. I simply think they are hilarious. I don’t assume you hate all men just because you describe some guys in less than glowing terms.

But @Number 9 large, I agree with you. I don’t get women by being a little bitch to them. I do try to avoid hurting their feelings, though, and I certainly don’t try to put them down or insult them intentionally. I don’t like to bite people back, because I’m actually pretty good at it, and it hurts them, and since intentionally hurting people goes against my religion, I typically say nothing when I get attacked. Vengeance is not constructive.

In the larger scheme of things, I said something to Delilah which I hoped would be constructive but which offended her and when she protested, I apologized, because she deserves to be treated with respect.

I’d do the same if she were a guy, Kim.

Everyone’s tolerance for a joke is different, and once I find out what that level is, I respect their boundaries and move on.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I didn't use to share much about my personal life in the past on this forum is exactly because of concern that people like adam might latch on to it, reminds me Tcaudillg (sp?). I feel like i should still be able to share within limits without receiving unsolicited gross commentary. As a matter of fact in the chatbox i was trying to address lungs.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    With regard to lungs, I understand why she jumped in to pour gasoline on the fire. But @Kim? Do you really think I disrespect all women? Do you think I disrespect you? Really, some of your own posts about your dates gone wrong look worse than what I said. I simply think they are hilarious. I don’t assume you hate all men just because you describe some guys in less than glowing terms.
    LMAO. subtle.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From what I've seen, @Adam Strange and @Delilah have sorted this out privately. Prolonging the issue benefits neither.

It is quite clear to me that Adam did not mean to offend anyone, though. I have experienced the exact same reaction and must stress that jokes like this are general statements. There is no sarcasm or malice involved. The appropriate action is to just respond in like manner, e.g.

"Show me your tits"
    "Only if you show me your cock first"
    "LOL I play a hard game, you're not getting red meat for free"
    "Don't be a loser"

etc

As a final observation, no matter how hard you try you will never get on with everyone. This thread amply proves that.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    From what I've seen, @Adam Strange and @Delilah have sorted this out privately. Prolonging the issue benefits neither.
    Yeah tru

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, i don't want to drag this on but i've certainly got no intention of taking this privately, I've no intention of reading adam's PM and don't want any PMs from him. I have responded in this thread to things brought up and people addressing me.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah tru

In a wider sense, I am trying to explain the intent of these jokes from an LIE perspective. They are basically a challenge and an overture to you. The LIE wants you to respond and push back harder with something equally (or more) sexual. You don't have to do this, of course - but you should take it as a compliment that you have been noticed.

Put it this way, if an LIE genuinely wants to offend you they will be much more targeted and personal than Adam was. He or I or whoever will try to identify a personal weakness of yours, then make light of it and mock you for it. That wasn't what happened.

Fi egos need to understand that most of the behaviour they object to is not meant to hurt.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

In a wider sense, I am trying to explain the intent of these jokes from an LIE perspective. They are basically a challenge and an overture to you. The LIE wants you to respond and push back harder with something equally (or more) sexual. You don't have to do this, of course - but you should take it as a compliment that you have been noticed.

Put it this way, if an LIE genuinely wants to offend you they will be much more targeted and personal than Adam was. He or I or whoever will try to identify a personal weakness of yours, then make light of it and mock you for it. That wasn't what happened.
    I dislike him for different reasons.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I dislike him for different reasons.
    OK. I think I've said enough here anyway.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fi ego needs to learn that not everything they object to is intended as a personal attack on their character.
    Um, actually, I have zero designs on anyone here, including Delilah, and I really don't want her to respond with something equally or more sexual. As I said, I was just trying to help her get noticed by a guy who might be LIE. But since she seems to have that under control, I'm off the topic.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

? I've never even discussed the matter of my crush with Adam which is why it's so weird for him to even bring it up;

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LMAO. subtle.
    I honestly don't even know what to say to that. Thanks for illustrating my point perhaps?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PS: Several women find sexual comment offensive. Men tell women to get over it. Classic.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    PS: Several women find sexual comment offensive. Men tell women to get over it. Classic.
    People will say and do things that you find offensive, all the time. However most of these things are not intended to hurt you. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

You expect everyone to share your values and attack them if they don't. Pick your battles.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast