TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    Lol. Not 1D Ni.
    “However, I’m not very good with practical details, such as those relating to keeping a calendar and doing admin types of things. ”

Both Aylin and I who are IEI and EII are good at this
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No.
    Then read and learn
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Then read and learn
    I'm amused that you think you can "teach" something that's completely bogus.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm amused that you think you can "teach" something that's completely bogus.
    Then why are you hear? Why are you contributing more bogus thought to something that you find is bogus?
    -

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why are you hear? Why are you contributing more bogus thought to something that you find is bogus?
    Wut.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Karatos, yay, you are dating your dual. <3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can also see ESE but something troubles me about that typing. Can’t put a finger on it
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ur a dirty sensor.
    it's more about Se sensors

Why don’t you take your aggressive attitude somewhere else. I have no need for it
    be compassionate to the boy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“However, I’m not very good with practical details, such as those relating to keeping a calendar and doing admin types of things. ”

Both Aylin and I who are IEI and EII are good at this
    People say that I am good with details but I really have to put a lot of effort in...I would much rather engage in abstract details with regards to systems, like psychology or philosophy, as opposed being an event planner.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenGen View Post
    People say that I am good with details but I really have to put a lot of effort in...I would much rather engage in abstract details with regards to systems, like psychology or philosophy, as opposed being an event planner.
    Those are not very abstract.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

Fine.
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

Sol, where are you from? When I read your posts I want to mentally imagine listening to your words in the appropriate accent.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    ENFj and probably Enneagram type 6.

Edit, to add a bit of explanation: I see comfortable use of Fe and a specifically EIE kind of emphasis on life transformation/learning in a progressive fashion over time. There’s frustration at people who are too self-centered and not willing to be part of the group for the greater good that seems Beta NF to me. Puppet master/manipulative abilities typical of but not limited to EIE. I don’t see use of Se but can’t determine if Se disliking or seeking so no comment there. Role function not clear but I could see Te role.

Would like to see photos for help in typing.
    EIEs are naturally animate and passionate and are skilled at generating liveliness and excitement. They believe that people need to be emotionally involved in life, not distant or indifferent to the important things that are happening. EIEs often hold strong views about governance and social custom, though their beliefs stem from the interests of their close emotional relationships. EIEs like to involve people in interaction and create groups based around a shared experience. They tend to try to continually broaden these groups and engage people who seem to be on the sidelines. The individuals who the EIE is spending time with are far more important to the EIE than the event that is actually taking place. EIEs like to make their friends laugh, and employ an over-the-top style of humor. Often the joke is on the EIE, whether or not they know it.

EIEs are one of the most insightful types about the minds and inner workings of people, and as a result are likely to be skilled persuaders. Their sensitivity to the emotional flow around them allows them a relative sense of emotional control of a situation, and they have an uncanny ability to convince others, even without the use of logic. EIEs generally don't use their persuasion tactics for manipulative gain over others (as much of their sense of self-worth comes from impacting people positively), but they've been known to use these tactics negatively in cases where they cannot win approval of their arguments. In many situations, nevertheless, EIEs value equality among social standards and do not mind taking the back seat if others wish to take the lead. EIEs love their friends, and they will do anything to keep them. Time spent alone for the EIE is often spent thinking about how to better interact with close relationships, even when time spent in those relationships is not particularly pleasing. Even when the other individual is hostile, if the EIE judges them to be a friend they will act in a caring fashion and show affection to the other.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You really show Fi polr “conflict with people “ “I don’t get people “ “I have conflicts”
    -

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are not very abstract.
    lmfao.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really show Fi polr “conflict with people “ “I don’t get people “ “I have conflicts”
    Who are you talking to?

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can also see ESE but something troubles me about that typing. Can’t put a finger on it
    I don't do hardcore drugs, so I really don't get your pov.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am utterly confused... Like a total mind fuck... Interesting to say the least. Lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lmfao.
    Is she your girlfriend?
    -

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is she your girlfriend?
    Yes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes.
    No wonder why she MUST be EIE!
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am good with this type of stuff . Are you @Aylen and @golden?
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... she seems really EIE, looks EIE, and oh yeah, self-types as EIE. Think about it: you're typing based on very little online information; you just might not have the same insight as BenGen and Karatos with all that in-real-life knowledge, you know?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    Well... she seems really EIE, looks EIE, and oh yeah, self-types as EIE. Think about it: you're typing based on very little online information; you just might not have the same insight as BenGen and Karatos with all that in-real-life knowledge, you know?
    She self types as EIE? Where did she say that?
    -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truly am though. I drew that conclusion LONG before we started. I have strong Fe and Ni. Si is a frequent sore spot for me and Fi is pretty alien to me. But it's pretty cool that you perceive me as some ESXX type!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also

“I hate that question. I don’t really pay attention to any particular routine, because I don’t pay attention to the details, so everything is kind of a blur. I like rea”

EIE thrive on routine. @golden
    -

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also

“I hate that question. I don’t really pay attention to any particular routine, because I don’t pay attention to the details, so everything is kind of a blur. I like rea”

I tend to fall into routines because I desperately need them to be functional and happy. I do leave open spaces in a routine.

If OP is very young, and hasn't yet learned how to harness the power of routine, she may not know yet whether this works for her. This is something Ti and Te both can help with--creating better routines, not just routines for the sake thereof. I like to work on a clear, regular schedule, and I like project work with deadlines.

You asked above about details and calendars. I think I am pretty good with details, and I hate when they're overlooked, but if it is a bunch of random administration tasks for hours, I will absolutely lose my mind. So it depends on what kind of details we're talking about. That said, I've actually had to allow myself to get worse at some details over time so that I can be more productive.
    Last edited by golden; 04-08-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I truly am though. I drew that conclusion LONG before we started. I have strong Fe and Ni. Si is a frequent sore spot for me and Fi is pretty alien to me. But it's pretty cool that you perceive me as some ESXX type!
    How sure are you of not being IEE?
    -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also

Not rote routine... We thrive on people possibilities and carrying out long-term vision so there's need for variety within a confined context. What you are getting at is more ESTj and ISTp.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She said she identifies mostly with EIE-Ni.

Edit: Whoops, I guess I answered too late and it is obvious already. Hehe

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BenGen is an Ni ego type. She has a distinct, focused vision for what she wants to do in her life. For example, she makes plans to hang out with people in advance, according to a rough schedule. She tends to make decisions about future activities long in advance, and prefers to make her mind up ahead of time so she avoids the anxiousness caused by too much open-endedness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I tend to fall into routines because I desperately need them to be functional and happy. I do leave open spaces in a routine.

If OP is very young, and hasn't yet learned how to harness the power of routine, she may not know yet whether this works for her.

You asked above about details and calendars. I think I am pretty good with details, and I hate when they're overlooked, but if it is a bunch of random administration tasks for hours, I will lose my mind. So it depends on what kind of details we're talking about. That said, I've actually had to allow myself to get worse at details over time so that I can be more productive.
    I am not that young. I just have difficulties with highly detailed itineraries. But I definitely do like plans locked down ahead of time and get stressed if there isn't some contingency plans... But a list of itemized things that I need to do everyday feels suffocating (restrictive) and overwhelming. Thanks for the response!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am not that young. I just have difficulties with highly detailed itineraries. But I definitely do like plans locked down ahead of time and get stressed if there isn't some contingency plans... But a list of itemized things that I need to do everyday feels suffocating (restrictive) and overwhelming. Thanks for the response!
    And how do you use your Ni?
    -

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not rote routine... We thrive on people possibilities and carrying out long-term vision so there's need for variety within a confined context. What you are getting at is more ESTj and ISTp.
    I would agree with some of this, sorry, @Beautiful sky. I like routines that are meaningful, in service of people or principles, maybe just to do something faster or better. But if it's strictly rote, after a while I start to feel very dead inside.

I have to go soon, but I think it's true that the kind of planning and scheduling that, say, an LSE excels at can be too much for me. I tend to plan my time in chunks. Going on vacation with an LSE and having to, for example, leave the glorious, transporting oceanside before I wanted to because we were "on a schedule" he devised very strictly is one of my worst interpersonal memories.

If it's work, I will agree with LSE about probably 3/4 of the approach to scheduling, though. I don't need quite as much rigidity about each task because I'm intuiting my way through a structure, and sometimes I will see that a different timing will work better.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I would agree with some of this, sorry, @Beautiful sky. I like routines that are meaningful, in service of people or principles, maybe just to do something faster or better. But if it's strictly rote, after a while I start to feel very dead inside.
    Why can’t people say it that way from the beginning. Her original post made her sound like she’s not EIE
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There now you’re EIE
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

BenGen is an Ni ego type. She has a distinct, focused vision for what she wants to do in her life. For example, she makes plans to hang out with people in advance, according to a rough schedule. She tends to make decisions about future activities long in advance, and prefers to make her mind up ahead of time so she avoids the anxiousness caused by too much open-endedness.
    That is how you describe people!
    -

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how do you use your Ni?
    She sees future trends, implications, cause-effect relationships, and how events unfold.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She sees future trends, implications, cause-effect relationships, and how events unfold.
    I agree with EIE now.
    -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast