TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this in another thread, but figured I’d move it here

eerily my dream reminded me of the scene from this movie

The journey, the cave, the predator, with the song ‘the end’ playing in the background. Creepy
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Maybe you can wake up again and everything will be back to normal.
    you mean go to sleep

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    you mean go to sleep
    No, she should wake up from the dream in which she dreamed that she woke up from a dream in which she woke up from a dream.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the chain, the zoom, the fractal explosion of layer after density shows that we are programmed, but the programmer himself was also programmed.

Where is the hope of escape, of realization, of enlightenment, or us being able to make the rules rather than following them?

The mountaintop is mighty chilly with the end of the universe, and what a fine theory, that we will omniverse suck out the black hole comb of the artistic axis to the heart of the superstar.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, she should wake up from the dream in which she dreamed that she woke up from a dream in which she woke up from a dream.
    i think by waking up she meant she really woke up in real life

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strangely remembered another dream last night, but not as clearly as the night before. I think my sister was getting married again and I went to stay at a hotel. I kept hyper fixating on things and didn’t check out of a hotel at the time I should have...lost track of time. I thought DH is going to kill me for not checking out because I’m going to have to pay for another day. Then some holy being came to me and told me I needed to tell my mom to do certain rituals for some reason....it was like she was leaving and becoming a celestial being, I had to douse her in Pepsi and especially in the middle of her chest. I got distracted looking at my phone and I got worried god was mad at me for running late preparing my mom, and since he was all knowing and all seeing, I couldn't excuse myself out of this one. I think I was at my sisters wedding reception and different people kept changing the light bulbs to different colors to match the mood of the celebration. One woman was changing a light to a dull amber colored bulb and I kept staring at it, transfixed by the beauty of it. I took my mom outside in a garden and poured Pepsi on her, and especially her chest. She was dressed in a white gown. I drew a circle in the sky with my finger for her to ascend, and that was the end.
    Last edited by Aster; 05-01-2021 at 01:51 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i think by waking up she meant she really woke up in real life
    Yes, @Number 9 large. I was just kidding when I implied that this life that she is living right now is a dream, and she might wake up from it at any moment. Lol.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-01-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, @Number 9 large. I was just kidding when I implied that this life that she is living right now is a dream, and she might wake up from it at any moment. Lol.
    is that an Ne joke adam, cuz thats how u make Ne jokes

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

is that an Ne joke adam, cuz thats how u make Ne jokes
    Might be. I have unvalued 4D Ne and I only use it for jokes, so I guess you saw that. I didn't, but I'll bet you're right.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Might be. I have unvalued 4D Ne and I only use it for jokes
    yea no

TIM
    6w7 sp/sx 639
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream about eating an apple. It transformed into a dragon and laid an egg on my eyeball. I did in fact die (I woke up).
    If they ever tryna neck, I'll put my foot up in your caca
    Call your mama and your papa
    Like I'm finna take your dadda
    Turn that bitch into a soccer ball and rocka, rocka, rocka (brrr)
    Get into it like a suit
    And fuck a stack up like a broker

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dreamed of an empty box with languages inside.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i can barely remember this dream now, and it was probably one of the dreams i have in which i'm kind of watching it as a story and am barely in it myself, though i may go in and out

it was a mystery about trying to find the "good witch" and understand what "good witch" means, as i was very aware it might actually mean something quite "evil." the story was called the good witch, and their identity was eluding me - would it be the one who finally gained the power, or someone else, far closer to me...

my uncle and his wife were in the dream and i was most astonished by how i couldn't rule either of them out as the good witch, nor could i assume their motives were "good" and i had to keep looking at them in this "objective" way that was alien to me, and full of this "who are you really?" feeling

what i've forgotten is what this organization or society that people were competing for rulership over even was. there were several competing groups. i think one had the guy who had some actual right to lead before things had changed (i can't remember what changed, but something fell into darkness and ruin, probably the entire world). this guy had a claim but no support really and i think he was slightly mistrusted though he wasn't terrible just kind of blah. he was too inconsequential most likely to be the good witch. i remember he was also disappearing into shadowy corners and his words didn't stay in people's minds, it was like he wasn't even there.

then there was this man and woman who had been friends and i think she wanted power and seemed like this really obvious nasty person while he actually had some kind of hidden power. like if someone could gain him as an ally it would bolster them significantly, and this other guy was courting him, so the friendship between him and the nasty lady was falling apart rapidly. he was drawn to what he thought was best in some kind of dutiful IJ way, but he also was kind of easy to deceive and the guy gaining him was kind of an obvious asshole, but was doing the best at gaining allies in general, and there was a good chance he'd succeed. wherever he was there was fire, he seemed to burn too passionately to be the good witch. he just was productive and um rallying i guess, like his motives just as mundane as the other guy's.

i drew a map of all the people and how they were interconnected, it formed a cross and to my horror my uncle and aunt were on one of the points of the cross, their influence in matters much more subtle. and i remember running in this forest, this ruined forest, ruined by fire and disease and the horror that had fallen over the world, and it opened into the prison of rocks where people had been worked to death laboring in these rock mines, and over the hill was a settlement that wasn't dead where my uncle and his wife lived, and i felt like i was being hunted, that finding the good witch would mean my death.

i think i imagined the good witch was too bright to see, too good to appear evil, like an inverse of the man fading into shadows, it was invisible because it faded into light. but i can't remember the rest of the dream so i don't know if i ever found the answer. the good witch didn't necessarily have to even be a person - it could be an idea behind some pattern of the connections between people.

the dominant feeling was that alien feeling that i don't really someone i should know, and in my mind it's like when i saw my uncle/aunt it's like my view of them glitched, from one image to another, too beautiful to real or too terrible to be true. and probably the answer is the good witch is myself or something in me about myself that's troubling me, in which i look like an alien to myself, because usually dream characters represent aspects of myself. if they don't i can feel the difference. maybe it was about how i am both innocent and guilty, and trying to contend with the contradiction. the good witch, is the truth. it isn't terrible or beautiful. it just is. and the ego always fears death if it has to see something it wants to deny.

i think my uncle and his wife were in it bc they'd been in the dream before it evolved into this dystopian thing, so they were evolved into new meanings from whatever they were before. but i can't remember the earlier part at all except for scattered images and feelings.

oh and also my uncle/aunt were always "good" and light did follow them, they didn't directly seek power, so it's like they shouldn't be on this cross, but what had happened to the world had something to do with them, it's like this whole competition was just something on a surface having nothing to do with real power, like the real power had never shifted at all, what was before still was now, it had just found a new way to disguise itself, kind of like how i find new ways to disguise myself, any identity i wear is just like a mask and the face underneath is still the same (not the belief in this but the horror of it).

also my uncle/aunt are very professional moral deltas and they are exactly what society says we should be, so it's like they represent the part of me that is looking acceptable, but i don't think it's in society, it's personal... who i am to others, especially those i am closest to, and then... who i am to myself. the ideal of me inside me clashing with the terrible truths that are also me, but also with the honest innocence of pain... and it equals a ruined world. all the horror is at myself.

my guess is this was coming out in what the dream was before it shifted into dystopia and it shifted because of its emergence... and really most of the dream characters were these cliches which is always a hint that they aren't the thing of importance, they aren't something deep about me... but when my aunt/uncle were there, the emotion intensified significantly, they actually represent something, they are tied to the meaning of the dream, all the rest of it was just part of the surface level lie which is why it was so empty. noise vs. signal.

and i keep thinking of the blinding awful light that appeared in dream me's mind when i imagined the good witch. it was awful because just looking at it would be enough to kill the one looking. it appears "good" because it is light, but it light so you won't be able to even see the truth of it, and it is so intent on being invisible for what it really is, it will destroy whatever lays a direct gaze on it. it's not "good," it is self-protective. but everyone thought my uncle/aunt in the dream were just like these good benefactors. they had no enemy bc no one could see the threat of them.
    Last edited by marooned; 05-21-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird dream. I date him for a little bit but then he dies. I barely know him.

Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dreamed about Pokemon Cards in a golden and symbol equated game channel of floors to mountaintops of decades old worship of the Pikachu island for hope solitary.

These treasuries and companies of productive zen and spin make a great roundabout of the stadium tour with gizmo primed axioms tumbling the shoreline of Wizards of the Coast (the people who made Pokemon Cards until 2005 or so).
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... I've recently been looking at my life with a thousand-yard stare, and it's a fucking train wreck. The wife I thought I had forever is gone, my son is a disappointment, my business is a mess, my house looks like a bomb went off in it, and I can't get a date with anyone I care about. Furthermore, I seem to be unable to sort out how to fix anything. My life is very far from what I think I want, and yet, I built it piece-by-piece and I'm afraid that it is what I really want, rather than what I think I want. ..
    This is a delayed response to an old quote, but a suggestion came to me if you don't mind hearing it. Just take it or leave it. Starting with a story about me (I enjoy your stories abut you!).

I relate to the "bomb went off" because sometimes my stuff can get away from me and I am so uncomfortable when that happens. At the time of my divorce (when my son was young) I had to sell my beloved country home and get an affordable apartment closer to the city/work opportunities and I took along way too much beloved useful stuff because I didn't not know what my life was going to be like when things got better (whenever that would be). I was burdened with it through unexpected moves and it all landed here 7 years ago where I can finally guess what my life will be like. So this year I have made huge effort to finally cull it all thoroughly. I have been getting rid of stuff. I am pretty good at that when I finally set my mind to it.

I have the main floor pretty much done to my exacting standards (nothing not beautiful and/or useful, everything in it's place, and closets and drawers neat and with uncluttered "air space" in them. I have plenty more work on the 2nd and attic floors but the hardest is done. Also, it seems to be my thing to inherit hoarder art-teacher rooms and as I can't abide teaching in a messy dirty crowded classroom, I have spent mammoth amounts of hours on many occasions cleaning out other people's years of huge messes in these past few years since I went back to my career. Unfortunately it's all been for temp. jobs so I don't get to enjoy the fruits of my huge effort of cleaning and organizing, but instead, start over with another mess (and another "first year") in a new teaching job (first year is the way hardest, most time consuming year in teaching, and it's been like Groundhog day in that way, the same start-over again and again). I am now again just starting another part time job I really, really love, but have once again inherited a messy, dirty, unorganized hoarder art room, and have poured a ton of hardworking hours in it so far with lots more to go. But the good difference is that this one is a permanent position, finally. And I love it. (But I have to find another part-time permanent position to be able to keep it.).

So though I always start out overwhelmed, and sometimes with needing to overcome the procrastination that comes with being overwhelmed, in the end I really am pretty good at this culling and organizing. It would be a great 2nd career for me if I had the time for it. It's a career that people have, which leads me to my suggestion - that you hire a home organizer, because some people are just very good at this. It would be money well spent IMO. I am reminded that in Jordan Peterson's book, "12 Rules for Life" the first rule for life is to "Clean your room." I know I feel SO much more empowered when my space is clean, culled and organized, and whenever in my life I have overcome bursting seams and made order it is always followed by some big accomplishment that was a direct result of the competent feeling I have when my space is so.

So, there are professional organizers out there and you could invite some in and have them tell you what they can do for you, including also non-professionals who would want to take it on because they think they are good for it, and the job could be a start of a career reference for them. Like folks who have cleaned up their own family space, or that of their parents or grandparents after they passed, or their new husband's mess, etc., and they would feel motivated to be hired to clean and make order of your space. You could listen to people tell you how they would go about it and what it would entail and you can choose who you think you would like to work with/have in your life for a few weeks or so.

Not only would you get a fresh, new look at your own life, but think of it as creating blank space in your life to make room for a future ESI partner. It's like if you are selling your house, and are instructed by the staging team to get rid of two-thirds of your stuff, and to re-paint, and make what is left neat and attractive, all so that the people who come through your house can imagine themselves living there. They need the HELP of the staging to see it, because MOST folks don't have the imagination to do it on their own. So imagine your prospective future ESI spouse seeing your home and living space. Can she imagine there is blank space for her in your life when she sees your living space? Because not every ESI happens to have the talent of the motivation for culling and organizing another person's space. The only ESI I know well is my Mom, who would not have looked forward to that prospect, but, who always so much admired her mother-in-law because her home was perfectly neat and uncluttered, so my mom help that as the bar to emulate in her home.

So, your cleaned, culled, more open, attractive space would make your home not be a stumbling block in that department (especially for a negative ESI looking for reasons not to take the plunge), but I also feel quite sure it will help you have clarity for a realistic look at prioritizing any other thing that could use your attention in your life. Taking that on, assisting a take-charge busy organizer, will give you a strong focus for now. And being strongly motivated about something in your life is always an attraction.

So I am sort of sorry for offering unsolicited advice but I hope anyway it is helpful.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    My dream was in an alternative universe full of people who had already died
    including weird small creatures
    the laws of the universe if you will we’re not the same here
    To break and redefine elegant snapshots of how we time the basket of free fall leaves in a gravity spun web shows that through extreme, undeniable, ferocious willpower, sending leprechauns to the moon and bypassing the butterfly mask at the golden alter of truth is another acorn in the wind!!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Two days ago, I finally managed to hire an ESI-Se interior decorator to redo my house. We’ve been working together for many hours each day, and I’m absolutely floored at how well we work together. Even she commented on it several times. We have similar taste and when exploring ideas, seem to be able to come to mutually satisfactory solutions effortlessly.
    I’m starting to wish this project would go on forever, but of course, it won’t.

Last night, I had a crazy dream. I was back in college, in a large classroom for an evening class, testing a Questar telescope for resolution, and was once again, as in real life, realizing that I didn’t want to be an Astronomer and had no idea how I was going to complete my PhD thesis.

The class ended and I had to return the telescope to the Astronomy office, and as I wandered up to that floor, I ran into a girl who acted like she knew me. I had no idea who she was, but I said Hi to her. She just stared at me and said “After all we meant to each other, you don’t even remember my name”. She was pretty and was the kind of girl I liked, but I absolutely could not remember who she was, and I realized that I must have slept with her when I was blind drunk.

Now I was feeling both guilty and curious and thought, “Well, if we slept together, maybe there is something there. Maybe I should get to know her,” so I offered her a ride home to her place.

She told me where she lived, and when we got there, it was a neat little house in a nice neighborhood, but older. The trip had been awkward because I couldn’t decide whether to admit that I couldn’t remember her name, or just admit it and ask her. I also wanted to do something nice for her so I could keep talking with her in the hopes of being able to figure out what I saw in her when I was drunk, so I asked her if she was having any problems with her house? She said that sometimes, the lights would flicker and go out if she played her stereo. I took a look at the fuses and the wiring while she retreated to her bedroom to sulk. Because she clearly knew I couldn’t remember anything about the time we’d spent together.

OK, while I was writing this, I figured out what the dream was about.
    Yesterday, my SLI-Te ex-wife, who is back in town after spending fourteen months living with a recent BF, invited me to have dinner at her place. I originally met her just after college, when I was having my Astronomy-related life crisis. When I got to her place, she seemed polite but remote, and I left right after we finished eating.
    We used to be married and clearly once had sex, but I can’t remember her name?
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-30-2021 at 11:40 AM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a terrible dream last night.

It was a longer one, involving intrigue and bad guys scheming and good guys scheming back, but the important part happened after I picked my dog up from the vet after a procedure. There was a bit of chaos happening, where it was difficult for me to keep my dog safely in one place to recover. The vet called me and said she'd like to do some followup work and offered to keep him for a day or two for me. I agreed and she even came and picked him up.

When I saw her, I felt uneasy, but I also needed to focus on other things, and wanted my dog safely out of the way.

A little bit after that, it came to my attention that the vet was on the "bad guys side" and was not to be trusted. I also started getting a very sinister feel about the whole thing, almost demonic. I called my sister and we ended up stealing a car to drive to the vet's early in the morning. I got more and more panicked and we started speeding down the roads. The large street leading to the office had construction happening, but I crashed through the cones, through the torn up road, around the construction vehicles until I couldn't drive the car any further.

We jumped out of the car and started running the last bit. A woman came out of a street shop and started harassing us and shoving me, but I ran past her. When we got to the vet's office, it was closed, but I broke the glass door and ran inside where I found those stacked cages where they keep animals.

One was covered with a cloth or old towel and when I pulled it up I saw my dog inside. He slowly stood up, glad to see me but weak and subdued. I opened the cage door and saw dried blood on the handle and on his collar and started to feel sick. On his side was this fresh, long, barely stitched incision that clearly was unnecessary because a) I knew of no reason to do that and b) it was wavy and meandering. It was already showing signs of infection, and I knew that if he didn't die from this it would be a long, painful road to a possibly incomplete recovering. I started to imagine what my sweet dog had gone through and would, and felt a surge of so much grief and rage that I woke up crying.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I inhaled paint fumes last night (paint drying in my house) and ended up having a very vivid dream. I was a school teacher again but the kids were angelic and I was happy as a teacher rather than stressed and annoyed by the kids. Also, my EIE mentor was there and he was being really nice to me. (This is a guy who made me feel terrified and depressed as I co-taught Macbeth to his class whilst training to teach.) That guy is forever the character of Macbeth in my mind now.

So I don’t know what this dream means, if anything. Maybe it’s good to be reminded of some of the lighter days in teaching and some of my old idealism. Also, to remember that the mentor guy was trying to help me even if being around him filled me with gloom and despair and drove me as insane as the character of Macbeth.

I don’t know how teachers do it, they really do have to care about the kids yet make sure they don’t get too emotionally invested or it becomes impossible to keep the kids from behaving badly because you end up being too nice to them. You really do have to be cruel to be kind and it works. That was not something I could ever get used to though, and I think it was partly because I wasn’t that inspired by teaching. It’s not big enough for me, I needed a job where I felt like I was having a bigger, more direct impact on the world. (And maybe one less draining on me.)

However, if I had a kid, maybe I could still get to be a bit of a teacher, but with more of a bond and even if I have to tell them off at least I get to hug them after and tell them it’s ok
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 06-08-2021 at 02:40 PM.

TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about dreams when we're awake, like killing evil, completing the internet of Macroverse codes, snatching the princess, or going underwater to ancient and forbidden cities like where JarJar Binks lived (and getting to a bigger world, a bigger fish, and a bigger Spinoza Pantheism?)

I find Pantheism rewarding for peace and clarity, majestically seeing all faces and sides of the cosmic consciousness enlightening us with perception and abilities of thought to detach and let go of the physical, and merge with the imagination and Love of God?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a dream last night where I was meeting someone for dinner at a restaurant. I was wearing extremely high heels (something I rarely do irl). As I was walking from my car to the restaurant, I tripped and fell about 20 times. I couldn’t walk two steps without tripping and falling. When I got to the restaurant, I saw my boss’s boss sitting there. I realized that I had accidentally set up a work meeting at the same place and time as my date.

I decided that my best course of action was to cancel on both of them. I thought I would be fired if my boss’s boss saw me eating there after abandoning my work meeting. And if my date saw me eating there with another man, he would assume I was cheating on him and break up with me. I started walking back to my car (falling several more times) and then woke up.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    I had a dream last night where I was meeting someone for dinner at a restaurant. I was wearing extremely high heels (something I rarely do irl). As I was walking from my car to the restaurant, I tripped and fell about 20 times. I couldn’t walk two steps without tripping and falling. When I got to the restaurant, I saw my boss’s boss sitting there. I realized that I had accidentally set up a work meeting at the same place and time as my date.

I decided that my best course of action was to cancel on both of them. I thought I would be fired if my boss’s boss saw me eating there after abandoning my work meeting. And if my date saw me eating there with another man, he would assume I was cheating on him and break up with me. I started walking back to my car (falling several more times) and then woke up.
    Anxious dreaming and anxious waking. I feel sorry for you SEIs!

Did you feel this dream was significant? Or were you just posting it for fun?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Anxious dreaming and anxious waking. I feel sorry for you SEIs!

Did you feel this dream was significant? Or were you just posting it for fun?
    I don’t think any of my dreams are significant (weak an unvalued ni maybe?). I thought this one would be fun to post and maybe fun to interpret. Idk. I feel like talking about my own dreams is fun. Listening to other people talk about their dreams—not so much lol. I rarely talk about my dreams irl because I don’t want to bore people.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think any of my dreams are significant (weak an unvalued ni maybe?). I thought this one would be fun to post and maybe fun to interpret. Idk. I feel like talking about my own dreams is fun. Listening to other people talk about their dreams—not so much lol. I rarely talk about my dreams irl because I don’t want to bore people.
    I don't think dreams are generally significant for me either, but I think there are times that when certain dreams or things that stick out to us for a reason. I think it's the subconscious working and maybe trying to give us a heads up. Not always but I have had a couple dreams that really stick out and I think were meant to give me a heads up or I saw it as a milestone for starting to move past something mentally. That or its just something funny that I remember like being chased by a t-rex lol

What colour were you wearing? The reason I ask cause I think colour has a hidden meaning behind our moods at times up what it can possibly represent. I would interpret that it seems that you are really struggling between balancing both your work, romance life, and self at the moment. Almost like you are conflicting with others want and demand from you and what you personally want. You mentioned that you are wearing higher heels then normal or ever so that can signify like an image that you are trying to put out and since you keep tripping, it can show that you are struggling with it.
    You seem to be conflicted with both your work life and romance life as you double booked them at the same time. You also mention very quickly of image based assumptions that both your date and boss would make of you and the ramifications that may could have been avoided if you faced them head on. You want to appease both but, it just can't seem to work out. You decide to cancel both for your own reasons but I find it interesting that you are still stumbling back on your own wearing the heals despite no one around. There was no one around and you could have taken off the heels but you didn't. The heels could also represent the high expectations you are putting on yourself on all three of those areas and how those high expectations are not helping you rather, they are hurting you.

Or it was a simple dream that the mind likes to play with thoughts. Take it what you will, this is how I would interpret it.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    I don't think dreams are generally significant for me either, but I think there are times that when certain dreams or things that stick out to us for a reason. I think it's the subconscious working and maybe trying to give us a heads up. Not always but I have had a couple dreams that really stick out and I think were meant to give me a heads up or I saw it as a milestone for starting to move past something mentally. That or its just something funny that I remember like being chased by a t-rex lol

What colour were you wearing? The reason I ask cause I think colour has a hidden meaning behind our moods at times up what it can possibly represent. I would interpret that it seems that you are really struggling between balancing both your work, romance life, and self at the moment. Almost like you are conflicting with others want and demand from you and what you personally want. You mentioned that you are wearing higher heels then normal or ever so that can signify like an image that you are trying to put out and since you keep tripping, it can show that you are struggling with it.
    You seem to be conflicted with both your work life and romance life as you double booked them at the same time. You also mention very quickly of image based assumptions that both your date and boss would make of you and the ramifications that may could have been avoided if you faced them head on. You want to appease both but, it just can't seem to work out. You decide to cancel both for your own reasons but I find it interesting that you are still stumbling back on your own wearing the heals despite no one around. There was no one around and you could have taken off the heels but you didn't. The heels could also represent the high expectations you are putting on yourself on all three of those areas and how those high expectations are not helping you rather, they are hurting you.

Or it was a simple dream that the mind likes to play with thoughts. Take it what you will, this is how I would interpret it.

I like this interpretation. I figured it had something to do with work life balance but it didn’t even occur to me that the shoes represented anything lol. What you say makes sense though. The funny thing is I haven’t been struggling with this irl. Maybe my unconscious brain is working something out, who knows lol. My shoes started out as white stilettos but then half way through I looked down and noticed they had turned into a pair of beige wedges lol.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this interpretation. I figured it had something to do with work life balance but it didn’t even occur to me that the shoes represented anything lol. What you say makes sense though. The funny thing is I haven’t been struggling with this irl. Maybe my unconscious brain is working something out, who knows lol. My shoes started out as white stilettos but then half way through I looked down and noticed they had turned into a pair of beige wedges lol.
    Take what you wish and leave the restttttt! Maybe it's something and maybe it's not but it is something to ponder! I think it's fun to ponder but, we shouldn't deeply read into everything. I know when I'm too far deep when I've been using my tarots cards way to much LOL!

I do find it interesting though that you mention the shoe change. A shoes that is both uncomfortable, sexy, and sleek to something more comfortable, a thicker bottom for support, and something more causal. Just two opposites in a way. But hey, like I said, take what you wish and leave the resttttt

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dreamt I was in high school (I’ve never been to actual high school, fwiw) and every few months, someone in an animal costume, with unnatural speed and agility, would go on a rampage, kill a few students, and eventually be killed himself/herself by a group of students who worked together whenever this happened to kill the animal-suit-person. I was part of this group, and trying to have someone in a duck suit chase me into a trap, and away from other students. I had to hide occasionally to rest, and occasionally had to fend off the duck with a chair to retreat to a safe place. He was almost as fast as I was in that duck suit, so it was a difficult chase. Around the time I managed to lead it to the trap, the dream shifted. I was a girl, and with another girl, in her house, telling me she was responsible for the animal-suit attacks. She was pressuring me to become another animal-suit attacker. She said she’d help me, and kept providing me reasons to do it: yes, I’d probably eventually be killed, but only because if the animal-suit killer group didn’t exist, the school would be disbanded and there wouldn’t be anyone to attack. Besides, didn’t I hate how stupid; how vacuous everyone was? Didn’t I want something unusual; something unnerving, to happen? Wasn’t life much more interesting because of these inexplicable animal-suit-people attacks? What else did I want to do with my life anyway? I felt like I was wasting it anyway, didn’t I?

She convinced me, and I agreed, on the condition that I could fuck her. I think I became a dude again at this point, but my dream got more blurry and I woke up soon.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman were you homeschooled?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FreelancePoliceman were you homeschooled?
    Yes. Why do you ask?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes. Why do you ask?
    Because that's a very common dream among the home-schooled.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Why do you ask?
    You said you never attended high school, so I was curious.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You said you never attended high school, so I was curious.
    Oh. I was hoping you thought something like what @Adam Strange wrote. Or you thought it could explain my weirdness. Or you were homeschooled too and wanted to PM me about your trauma. シ

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. I was hoping you thought something like what @Adam Strange wrote. Or you thought it could explain my weirdness. Or you were homeschooled too and wanted to PM me about your trauma. シ
    Actually I was hoping you would share about you experience being homeschooled. Was it for religious reasons? Who taught you? What was the quality of education like? Was it lonely?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My niece was homeschooled and she still wears feathers in her hair to show duck-solidarity.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dreamt I was in high school (I’ve never been to actual high school, fwiw) and every few months, someone in an animal costume, with unnatural speed and agility, would go on a rampage, kill a few students, and eventually be killed himself/herself by a group of students who worked together whenever this happened to kill the animal-suit-person. I was part of this group, and trying to have someone in a duck suit chase me into a trap, and away from other students. I had to hide occasionally to rest, and occasionally had to fend off the duck with a chair to retreat to a safe place. He was almost as fast as I was in that duck suit, so it was a difficult chase. Around the time I managed to lead it to the trap, the dream shifted. I was a girl, and with another girl, in her house, telling me she was responsible for the animal-suit attacks. She was pressuring me to become another animal-suit attacker. She said she’d help me, and kept providing me reasons to do it: yes, I’d probably eventually be killed, but only because if the animal-suit killer group didn’t exist, the school would be disbanded and there wouldn’t be anyone to attack. Besides, didn’t I hate how stupid; how vacuous everyone was? Didn’t I want something unusual; something unnerving, to happen? Wasn’t life much more interesting because of these inexplicable animal-suit-people attacks? What else did I want to do with my life anyway? I felt like I was wasting it anyway, didn’t I?

She convinced me, and I agreed, on the condition that I could fuck her. I think I became a dude again at this point, but my dream got more blurry and I woke up soon.
    You see a lot of dumb people everyday but you internalize your rage at the stupidity of the world so much that it becomes imbedded in your subconscious and only bubbles up in your dreams. Secretly you want to find a crazy ESE to rant to about your issues with society. You are secretly depressed because you long for what is unknown and what you can never have, your quest for knowledge has become sisyphean and something you do to live, but you have lost the real passion in it, hence the "I felt like I was wasting it anyway,". You secretly desire to do something you would never normally do in order to break away from your routine life, you secretly want an adventure, but something is holding you back. That's why you dreamt of this girl who was carrying out the killings, she is the dream manifestation of your secret desire for ESE pixie manic dream girl (but the killing is symbolic and not actually what you want in real life)

I am reading far too deep into this and making too many assumptions so don't take my interpretation seriously as it's a joke. It's more likely you just were subconsciously curious about high school and horny but mix that with the weird surreal elements your brain usually comes up with.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I was hoping you would share about you experience being homeschooled. Was it for religious reasons? Who taught you? What was the quality of education like? Was it lonely?
    How in-depth of a response would you like? If you'd like a longer one, I'll write one out. But here's a shorter one:

I was homeschooled more for political reasons. My father was a libertarian/ancap and doesn't trust anything to do with government. I was pulled out of public school after 4th grade, my sister after 2nd or 1st. Our parents bought curricula from first an elementary/middle school homeschool program, and then from a highschool-level one. We did the work ourselves. We were supposed to do homework every day and then do tests and essays which we'd send in for submission, but in practice we rarely did any "homework," just the tests/essays which were actually graded. The curricula were probably better than an ordinary public school's, so I don't feel the education was bad, but it proved to me that schools function mostly as daycares, and most homework is just busywork -- I did very little, most days, and still managed to do well on the SAT and get accepted to a good college.

That being said it was pretty lonely. I didn't have friends for most of my life, and I didn't get along well with my younger sister -- she'd often physically attack me, often just because she wanted something of mine, and I couldn't do much to defend myself or I'd be physically punished by my parents. She scratched a lot of skin out of me. I cried a lot, I remember, because I was so angry I couldn't do anything in return.

Every week except for in summer, we'd go to a church that hosted a "fine arts program" for homeschoolers, which was supposed to teach things that homeschoolers couldn't really learn on their own. I had to take choir, piano, and acting. I didn't want to take any of them and hated my parents for forcing me into them. The other kids and most of the adults were very evangelical (my parents were also evangelical, but this is entirely cultural -- they go to church every week, but don't think about God or care about the religious tenets they profess to hold for the rest of the week), and fucking nuts. If they found a quarter on the ground it was a blessing from God. Most of them rarely spoke five sentences in a typical conversation without mentioning God or their relationship with Jesus. This is a little bit of an exaggeration but not much. I really didn't like these people, not so much for their religious convictions as much so much as a feeling that they were all idiots, and they were. I especially hated the boys/men because they seemed to me even more stupid than the girls/women. In particular I felt the boys/men had a tendency to form groups and form a weird herd mentality about everything; there was also a feeling of retarded machismo with them. Finally, I didn't like them because they felt I was "really smart," and that pissed me off. "No, I'm not smart; I'm normal. The problem is that you're all complete idiots; you should be ashamed of yourselves, not sitting around complacently" was my thinking. But in any case I didn't have friends, and I wasn't surrounded by normal people, or really anyone I felt I could relate with at any level. I felt really lonely, and kept to myself more and more. My mentality got warped and I became suicidal; what's the point of life, and why am I so lonely, if this is all there is? -- that was my thinking. I'm certain I would have found a way to kill myself if I hadn't met my ex, but that's another story I'd rather not go into.

Anyway, I'm not opposed to homeschooling, and it can be better than public school, but 90% or so of the people who homeschool their children are the type of people who shouldn't raise children in the first place IMO.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    You see a lot of dumb people everyday but you internalize your rage at the stupidity of the world so much that it becomes imbedded in your subconscious and only bubbles up in your dreams. Secretly you want to find a crazy ESE to rant to about your issues with society. You are secretly depressed because you long for what is unknown and what you can never have, your quest for knowledge has become sisyphean and something you do to live, but you have lost the real passion in it, hence the "I felt like I was wasting it anyway,". You secretly desire to do something you would never normally do in order to break away from your routine life, you secretly want an adventure, but something is holding you back. That's why you dreamt of this girl who was carrying out the killings, she is the dream manifestation of your secret desire for ESE pixie manic dream girl (but the killing is symbolic and not actually what you want in real life)

I am reading far too deep into this and making too many assumptions so don't take my interpretation seriously as it's a joke. It's more likely you just were subconsciously curious about high school and horny but mix that with the weird surreal elements your brain usually comes up with.
    Lol, your posts are always fun to read. Thanks for the interpretation. My thoughts:

A) I don't think I'm that curious about high school -- I've talked to a lot of people who've gone, and I went to elementary school, so I think I have a good idea about what it's like and don't really feel much curiosity about it. I think the dream was just set there because it's somewhere with a lot of people who kind-of know each other. It was important that there be pre-existing social ties already, which you don't find so much in, say, a shopping mall or sports stadium.

B) You may be right re. where the girl came from, but I'm not sure she was, in the dream, ESE. Maybe a cross between an ESE and SEI? Or LII, maybe? An EIE without the Se? She gave the impression of a fairly lazy person who didn't like to physically move all that much or very quickly, but with a personal dark edge and intensity, a sharp mind, and an expressive face. Also a good sense of taste in clothes, I think, though I don't remember what they looked like.

The rest of your interpretation seems plausible to me!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was homeschooled more for political reasons. My father was a libertarian/ancap and doesn't trust anything to do with government....

The other kids and most of the adults were very evangelical (my parents were also evangelical, but this is entirely cultural -- they go to church every week, but don't think about God or care about the religious tenets they profess to hold for the rest of the week), and fucking nuts. If they found a quarter on the ground it was a blessing from God. Most of them rarely spoke five sentences in a typical conversation without mentioning God or their relationship with Jesus. This is a little bit of an exaggeration but not much. I really didn't like these people, not so much for their religious convictions as much so much as a feeling that they were all idiots, and they were. I especially hated the boys/men because they seemed to me even more stupid than the girls/women.

In particular I felt the boys/men had a tendency to form groups and form a weird herd mentality about everything; there was also a feeling of retarded machismo with them.
    Evangelicals tend to be Authoritarians, and Authoritarians tend to form tight groups. You can read all about this on the internets.
    Sara Robinson wrote a series of good articles on Authoritarians. You can find the first one here: http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2006/08...-defining.html

Finally, I didn't like them because they felt I was "really smart," and that pissed me off. "No, I'm not smart; I'm normal. The problem is that you're all complete idiots;"
    I actually laughed out loud at this.

Anyway, I'm not opposed to homeschooling, and it can be better than public school, but 90% or so of the people who homeschool their children are the type of people who shouldn't raise children in the first place IMO.
    A very interesting assertion. It might be true.

I have a niece who was homeschooled by her Jr High School Principal dad and her stay-at-home mom, and while she's incredibly smart, she's socially many years behind her peers. It's awkward when an 18-yo starts acting like she's eight.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a niece who was homeschooled by her Jr High School Principal dad and her stay-at-home mom, and while she's incredibly smart, she's socially many years behind her peers. It's awkward when an 18-yo starts acting like she's eight.
    See, why is a high school principal homeschooling his kid? Because he knows schools in this country are terrible. Anyone involved in the system either knows it or is part of the problem. No one's learning anything in them; kids could easily fit everything taught in four years of high school into just one, especially given the amount of pointless homework they already do. But most teachers shouldn't be teachers and most parents shouldn't be parents. Girls like the one you mention are very common products of homeschooling (and certain private religious schools, incidentally) -- I used to know a dozen like that. And private schools typically educate better than public schools (which is really not saying much), but have a similar problem as homeschooling in that the families who take that option produce twisted kids. The States are just fucked at this point.

I don't think the article you linked is very insightful at all. It says "politically right-wing groups tend to be like this" and "they're like this because they are." Anyone who's lived in the South can tell you what groups of conservatives are like, with much more nuance than that article gives, and can tell you more about their motivations than "their brains just work that way," and without the usual liberal brain-worms about the "grievous harm" they pose to "our democracy," as if democracies weren't governments by and for the rich, or as if they could be unseated or even threatened by some fat loonies who hate knowledge and exercise.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 06-16-2021 at 11:39 PM.