Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Who's your enneagram dual?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    So wait, were you not making correlations b/w enneatypes and Jungian IEs?
    No.

Or was this strictly an assertion of type combos that you personally like?
    Yes.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it would be e1, my growth arrow told me so.

Overall I get along well with 7s,6s, 5s and 9s.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Overall I get along well with 7s,6s, 5s and 9s.
    Do you know your tritype?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Do you know your tritype?
    My tritype is in my signature. I believe it to be 4w3-6w7-9w1

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate to this a lot. 8s and 7s are usually good antidotes to the melancholy and sensitivity 4s possess. 8s help you to ground yourself, 7s help with scattering negativity and looking at the bright side of life.
    Yeah, with my E4 wing, I find this as well - i.e., E7s help with melancholy and depression... (Without an E7 around, I have to cheer myself up!) OTOH, E8s seem to clash with my sensitive side . I also suspect that I have a touch of E6, as I'm often a nervous, fidgety person on the inside. However, E9s only give me a drop of peace/calm...

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    OTOH, E8s seem to clash with my sensitive side .
    Most E8s have got 4D (or HA) Se, so that might be what is making you uncomfortable; Se PoLR and all.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most E8s have got 4D (or HA) Se, so that might be what is making you uncomfortable; Se PoLR and all.
    That's exactly what I think it is!

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, not sure whether it's enneagram related, but my SEE 8w7 aunt often clashes with her ILI 5(w6?) boyfriend, because he's too sensitive and conflict avoidant and the SEE often responds with an anger in conflicts which seems to scare him ...

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lim View Post
    well, not sure whether it's enneagram related, but my SEE 8w7 aunt often clashes with her ILI 5(w6?) boyfriend, because he's too sensitive and conflict avoidant and the SEE often responds with an anger in conflicts which seems to scare him ...
    Sounds more like the dude is an LII.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds more like the dude is an LII.
    nope, ILI-Te ...

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

e9

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on my very superficial knowledge of the Enneagram:

2 > 9 > 6, 7 > everything else

I've had decent relationships with 6-ish and 7-ish people but there seem to be problems that arise at a closer distance (I'm not very tolerant of neuroticism).
    Not sure about 1s, it depends on how realistic their values are.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't quite figured this out yet, but at the moment I think that the best potential compatibility comes from the directions of integration/disintegration. Regarding instincs, I think the best compatibility comes from having the same first instinct.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH I think your enneagram dual would just have your tritype backwards. Say, if you're 478, you prioritize 4 things, then 7, then 8 last, so your enneagram dual would be focused on 8 things to make up for what you want but tend to have to give up to do 4 things, and you would help them with 4 things that they tend to have to give up to do 8 things, and then 7 is moderate in both cases so adding them together gives you an equal amount of all 3. The other most likely option would be an identical IMO, but that seems a lot less likely for the same reasons you don't go with your identical in socionics. The instinct stackings should be identical IMO as a matter of course, however, although possibly with complementary ranges should they not be midline for the same reason as other dualities in general, although this is less certain to me than even the tritype backwards concept. I think this could be worked out scientifically in a number of ways but of course no one probably will.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

It is interesting to revisit this thread; more experience and a better understanding have changed my views on this to some extent.

The OP posed a personal question, so if I answered from my personal perspective, I could see my "Enneagram Dual" being any type that is "Assertive": 3, 7, 8.
    This has probably something to do with my highly withdrawn nature (my tritype is 459). I am drawn to energetic and extroverted individuals.

I have actually been gravitating towards Type 3s the most – that's my Imago's Enneagram type, I have discovered.
    Also some Type 7s. I'm a bit torn on 8s – by now I have attracted a couple of them to the point I don't see this being "pure chance". I can enjoy the interaction with a Type 8, but I typically favour the Type 9's approach to life (and anger). Generally, I feel more attracted to the nature of 9s than 8s, but somehow 8s tend to be rather attracted to me. Perhaps because I can emit some kind of calm "vibes"; in my healthiest state, I am pretty much like a calm lake, reflective and mellow. Or maybe those 8s are primarily drawn to what they deem to be my "innocence".

Anyway, thanks to my Imago my "Enneagram Dual" is Type 3.

The type I am typically the least romantically/sexually attracted to, is 6 (core). Only healthy SLEs (or ESFx for some reason) can make me feel attracted to that Enneagram type, and even then, I like the person for everything but their Type 6-ness. Maybe the Type 6 is my "Enneagram Conflictor".

All in all, it seems like your "Enneagram Dual" could be the opposite/complementary pole to your Enneagram tritype's main orientation.
    Whether you will be attracted to that type or not, depends on which Enneagram type(s) your Imago has (and probably also what your Socionics types are).

Enneagram Tritype's Orientations, and their possible "Enneagram Dual" (core type):

125 (The Mentor): Competent + Compliant = Type 4
    126 (The Supporter): Harmonically Balanced + Very Compliant = Type 4, 5, 9
    127 (The Teacher): Positive + Compliant = Type 5
    135 (The Technical Expert): Very Competent + Hornevian-wise Balanced = Type 4, 6, 8
    136 (The Taskmaster): Competent + Compliant = Type 4
    137 (The Systems Builder): Competent + Assertive = Type 6
    145 (The Researcher): Competent + Withdrawn = Type 8
    146 (The Philosopher): Emotionally Reactive + Compliant = Type 9
    147 (The Visionary): Entirely Balanced = Any Type

258 (The Strategist): Entirely Balanced = Any Type
    259 (The Problem Solver): Positive + Withdrawn = Type 3
    268 (The Rescuer): Emotionally Reactive + Compliant = Type 9
    269 (The Good Samaritan): Positive + Compliant = Type 5
    278 (The Free Spirit): Positive + Assertive = Type 1
    279 (The Peacemaker): Very Positive + Hornevian-wise Balanced = Type 1, 3, 5

358 (The Solution Master): Competent + Assertive = Type 6
    359 (The Thinker): Competent + Withdrawn = Type 8
    368 (The Justice Fighter): Emotionally Reactive + Assertive = Type 2
    369 (The Mediator): Entirely Balanced = Any Type
    378 (The Mover & Shaker): Harmonically Balanced + Very Assertive = Type 1, 2, 6
    379 (The Ambassador): Positive + Assertive = Type 1

458 (The Scholar): Emotionally Reactive + Withdrawn = Type 7
    459 (The Contemplative): Harmonically Balanced + Very Withdrawn = Type 3, 7, 8
    468 (The Truth Teller): Very Emotionally Reactive + Hornevian-wise Balanced = Type 2, 7, 9
    469 (The Seeker): Emotionally Reactive + Withdrawn = Type 7
    478 (The Messenger): Emotionally Reactive + Assertive = Type 2
    479 (The Gentle Spirit): Positive + Withdrawn = Type 3
    Last edited by Olimpia; 06-24-2017 at 10:25 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I tend to gravitate towards 8s or 7s. My reccurent fatal combo is 378 tritype with 8 core type.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 478 sx/sp; I believe my enneagram dual is 215; instinctual stacking can be anything EXCEPT so/sp *shudders*. I also find myself being attracted to 359s, 269s and 925s. And the female 641s I have in my life are more or less my soulmates <3 .

(I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this ).

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inabox View Post
    I'm 478 sx/sp; I believe my enneagram dual is 215; instinctual stacking can be anything EXCEPT so/sp *shudders*. I also find myself being attracted to 359s, 269s and 925s. And the female 641s I have in my life are more or less my soulmates <3 .

(I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this ).
    Makes sense. As an sx/sp I also find the lowest compatibility with so/sp's, next would be so/sx. In positive, I think the best comes from sx/so, then sp/sx, sx/sp, then sp/so.

IME sx/sp (from best to worst) -- sx/so > sp/sx > sx/sp > sp/so > so/sx > so/sp

Perhaps some rules could be derived from this.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like 8w7s..as an 6w5. I believe 8w9s do better with 6w7s or 4s.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

how does this work

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I like 8w7s..as an 6w5. I believe 8w9s do better with 6w7s or 4s.

Nice. But I need a bit more before we can get married....Got any pics?

Jk! Don't go nuts on me for that, BB. It was just a joke.

If it makes you feel better, I happen to agree with you.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a love-hate relationship with type 7s. I appreciate their enthusiasm but am frustrated by their tendency to run away from difficulty. Therefore, it would be wisest for me to enter relations with them once their lives are (relatively) stable.

Overall, a type with lots of 7 and 2 influence that can balance out my own reserve and difficulty with enjoying life would be my enneagram "dual". Specifically, I think a 728 would be an ideal fit for me, a 154 (these types in their respective positions are generally seen as complimentary).

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what duality would consist of in Enneagram-land. The "theory" says that all types are flawed (otherwise, a person would be no type at all), but not in necessarily complementary ways.

Perhaps a better approach might be to ask, "Which enneagram types get along well with each other?"
    Mona Coates, the author of "Sex, Love, and Your Personality", has been a therapist for 35 years and she claims that there are Five Factors which matter in the success of interpersonal relationships, and one of them is that the couple share a line of integration/disintegration in the enneagram. So, an 8 might match well with a 5 or a 2, a 6 might match well with a 9 or a 3, and so on. That is her assertion, and in my own experience, I (an 8) married (and divorced) a 5.

Another approach might be to ask, who marries whom?
    Table of Enneagram Marriage Frequencies.jpg

From this chart, you can see that male e8's marry female e2's and e6's at a higher-than-random rate. Which half-supports Ms. Coates' assertion.

In my own limited e8w7 experience, I work with a female semi-dual EII who is an e2, and I can say, she is brilliant (and unfailingly helpful, of course) and there is no spark.
    I married and divorced an SLI e5w6, and she was super rational but slightly cool and remote. But very smart, and I like smart.
    I've dated two LSI e6w5's, and that enneatype seems to be very compatible with an e8w7.
    I worked with an ESI-Se e6w7 for a while, and I was kind of dazzled by the experience. I found her to be smart, hard-working, strong, supportive, artistic, loyal to her friends, and just about perfect in every way. The only drawback was that she was also flighty and nervous and impossible to pin down, and that might wear on me after a while.

http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/type-6.html describes the two types as follows:

"6w5 - Seeking Security and Knowledge

• LifeExplore

Sixes with a 5 wing are generally introverted and somewhat intellectual. When healthy, they often have many realms of interest as well as surprising competencies and skills. May have an original and idiosyncratic point of view. Can be bookish; some are interested in history or feel rooted in the past or related to a long tradition. Also good at predicting the future. May test potential friends for a long time but once you're in, you're in - a friend for life. When more entranced, they may project a willed remoteness. Have a "tip of the iceberg" quality - they show little but you sense hidden dimensions, intensity and activity. Tension between needing to be seen and withdrawing for protection. Might act arrogant or cryptic or cynical when afraid. When phobic, can be diplomatic and say things without saying them. Entranced counterphobics are either cool and loners or argumentative, tending towards violence. Can brood over injustices to them, entertain conspiracy theories, spend time alone building cases. Paranoia in private. May like secretive behind-the-scenes group activity. Sneaky vengeance, passive/aggressive toward others, self-attacking and self-destructive at home.

6w7 - Seeking Security and Stimulation
    LifeExplore

Sixes with a 7 wing are generally outgoing and may appear more overtly nervous. More plainly want to be liked and will pursue others in contrast to 5 wing who pulls in. Can be charming, sociable, ingratiating. Have a faster tempo, stronger connection to 3. Often self-preservation subtypes, characterized by a personal warmth. Can have a cheerful, forward-looking drive and be disarmingly funny. Self-effacing, gracious and curious. When more entranced, may be self-contradicting and seem as if they want two things at once. Sometimes test others overtly, drive you crazy with mixed messages. It may be hard to follow what they're saying. When threatened, one defense is to become impossible to please. When counterphobic, they tend to be accusative. Some get caught up in big plans that they hope will result in material security. Also can be insecure, irritable, petty, irrational, chaotic. Subject to mood swings, inferiority complexes, runaway fears. May have hair-trigger flare-ups of paranoia. Falsely accuse others and then seem not to realize it. Other times they plead to be taken care of. Sometimes defensively conservative in their lifestyle. Some struggle with appetite."

Both sub-types obviously have their attractions, so which one I might ultimately prefer might come down to the specifics of our circumstances. We'll just have to wait and see. But in the meantime, I'd say that e8 is very good with e6.

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 468 Sx/Sp and my husband (my soulmate) is 974 Sp/Sx .. I'd say that qualifies as dual. We are a mirage pair in socionics.
    This forum is a haven for art, archetypes, typology and more! Join the tribe.
    ----> ARCHETRIBE.COM <----

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    Makes sense. As an sx/sp I also find the lowest compatibility with so/sp's, next would be so/sx. In positive, I think the best comes from sx/so, then sp/sx, sx/sp, then sp/so.

IME sx/sp (from best to worst) -- sx/so > sp/sx > sx/sp > sp/so > so/sx > so/sp

Perhaps some rules could be derived from this.
    What would say the compatibility rating for sx/so and sp/sx is respectively?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Volcano View Post
    I'm 468 Sx/Sp and my husband (my soulmate) is 974 Sp/Sx .. I'd say that qualifies as dual. We are a mirage pair in socionics.
    Your soulmate is a mirage pair? That's strange.

What would say the compatibility rating for sx/so and sp/sx is respectively?
    You mean between them?

TIM
    Who knows
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a 873 (8w7 core), my best matches are 2's in romance and 3's in friendships.

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your soulmate is a mirage pair? That's strange.
    Why?
    This forum is a haven for art, archetypes, typology and more! Join the tribe.
    ----> ARCHETRIBE.COM <----

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because mirage doesn't hold a candle to duality in my experience.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Condescending, yo .

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean between them?
    Yeah.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

True from my experience and from obscure socionics religion pov

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Condescending, yo .
    Not at all. I just want to inform.

Yeah.
    Well, if we follow the same rules for sx/so it would be: sx/sp > so/sx > sx/so > so/sp > sp/sx > sp/so . Not very good. But I haven't decided yet if these syn-flow/contra-flow stuff affects this like it's been proposed.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mclane, what about for sp/sx ?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@mclane, what about for sp/sx ?
    sp/so > sx/sp > sp/sx > sx/so > so/sp > so/sx

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Just anyone who isnt sx last thank you

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Just anyone who isnt sx last thank you
    Screw Sx-last! Not literally. Although maybe they do need it literally

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Volcano View Post
    That's bad. Nope. Nope. Nope.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    Screw Sx-last! Not literally. Although maybe they do need it literally
    ... no. Its just that for an sx first its not going to work out with an sx last because we are too different and they dont understand the drug additiction to my partners. I have been with relationships with sx lasts and it hurt so much it almost killed me.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    ... no. Its just that for an sx first its not going to work out with an sx last because we are too different and they dont understand the drug additiction to my partners. I have been with relationships with sx lasts and it hurt so much it almost killed me.
    Have you been with both so/sp and sp/sos? I find so/sps kind of repulsive and vice versa.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast