Thread: EIIs/INFjs and procrastination / getting distracted

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
    I think it's quite common for intuitive introverts to get lost wandering in their minds. If you get lost too far away the consequence is that you'll procrastinate a lot and will be torn off reality.

As an EII I can say that in school I never was able to concentrate on what the teacher said when the lesson was about tecnical matters. I was good at those subject, but it's because I learn quickly with few effort. But I really struggled at paying the just attention. At physical jobs I had the same problem. I really struggled at living in the present moment, so I often was slower than required at accomplishing tasks. And the same applies to the social areas of life. The main problem with socializing is that I get bored about superficial matters and end up thinking about other stuff while people talk to me.

But this all changes if the area is humanitarian. If the lesson was about society, morality, existential stuff I was very alert, cause those are all themes that are natural for me. Since I naturally handle Fi and Ne information, I can be alive and truly responsive only when we talk about similar stuff. Everything else I can be good, but I'll never truly feel at home.

So yeah, I think it's common for EIIs to procrastinate, cause most of the time we have to handle information that's not natural and interesting to us.
    Topics on morality interested you... hum
    I took a double degree in Religions and Jewish studies because I had already known quite a bit about Christianity.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am generally a very hard worker, an overachiever, and want to get things done. In fact, I feel guilty when things are left undone that need to get done. It may take me a bit of time to get things done, but when I'm at my best, I always manage. I may need time to think of the way things are going, and think of the future outcome, and how the things I need to do affect it. I always keep this in mind when I am working on a project. One example in things I go above and beyond in is in my school and tasks at work. With art projects that I do for fun, I put a lot of time and effort into them too.

With things that are new to me, I might get a bit nervous and appear passive to an outsider who doesn't know me well when really, I just want to learn the ropes. I remember once at my first job when I was trying to process what I need to do, my supervisor said "you can't just be doing nothing" when that wasn't what I was intending. When I get into stress mode and a lot of things build up, that's when I begin to procrastinate. When I'm at my lows, all I want to do is read, and I want to find the motivation to do what is needed but it's hard. It's more I go through phases. I want to be at my best, but then I can't quite process the things that I need to do when there's a lot bubbling up in my mind.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
    I think it's quite common for intuitive introverts to get lost wandering in their minds. If you get lost too far away the consequence is that you'll procrastinate a lot and will be torn off reality.

As an EII I can say that in school I never was able to concentrate on what the teacher said when the lesson was about tecnical matters. I was good at those subject, but it's because I learn quickly with few effort. But I really struggled at paying the just attention. At physical jobs I had the same problem. I really struggled at living in the present moment, so I often was slower than required at accomplishing tasks. And the same applies to the social areas of life. The main problem with socializing is that I get bored about superficial matters and end up thinking about other stuff while people talk to me.

But this all changes if the area is humanitarian. If the lesson was about society, morality, existential stuff I was very alert, cause those are all themes that are natural for me. Since I naturally handle Fi and Ne information, I can be alive and truly responsive only when we talk about similar stuff. Everything else I can be good, but I'll never truly feel at home.

So yeah, I think it's common for EIIs to procrastinate, cause most of the time we have to handle information that's not natural and interesting to us.
    How are you an LSI as an EII?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12