Thread: ILI-LSE Supervision Relations (ESTj and INTp)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILI-LSE Supervision Relations (ESTj and INTp)

Sry if such a thread already exists but I couldn't find one.

As the title states: ILI-LSE Supervision, what does that look like?

I've never seen an LSE and an ILI in the same room so what kind of criticism does the ILI have against the LSE and how does the LSE react?

Thanks in advance.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That's my mom and husband. Whatever the case it it's always great to have an EII in the middle.

My husband overvalues her and thinks she can naturally get things done that he can't. My mother is the critic so she criticizes his Si (need to relax, need to take care of things later, need to not have things clean or organized and put away now). They joke around and such but my mother is "observe manners and don't kiss hug cuddle in public - that's for the bedroom." Lots of taboos. My husband is the opposite to that. She notices stuff about him and she criticizes or finds things to criticize about. Gamma quadrant lol.

What seems like "it takes only a few minutes to do that" to my mom, the same task is "not that important to do now - let's do that later" to my husband.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    That's my mom and husband. Whatever the case it it's always great to have an EII in the middle.

My husband overvalues her and thinks she can naturally get things done that he can't. My mother is the critic so she criticizes his Si (need to relax, need to take care of things later, need to not have things clean or organized and put away now). They joke around and such but my mother is "observe manners and don't kiss hug cuddle in public - that's for the bedroom." Lots of taboos. My husband is the opposite to that. She notices stuff about him and she criticizes or finds things to criticize about. Gamma quadrant lol.

What seems like "it takes only a few minutes to do that" to my mom, the same task is "not that important to do now - let's do that later" to my husband.
    As ILI, wouldn't she critisize his lack of Ni?

For ex. I don't see LSEs having a problem with SEIs' Fe but with their Te.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

She does "Instead of coming home and putting his clothes away he took a nap."
    This activity is more important at this TIME.
    Him: I need to REST (conserve my energy -Si) as to operate more affectively when I need to use my energy for work.

Of course the work falls on me when I buffer and do what needs to be done now.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Director Abbie @Adam Strange @Sol @thehotelambush @golden

ILI-LSE Supervision, what does that look like?
    If you can spare the time: Explain like I'm five, please. I don't think I value Ni so I don't even recognize what Ni-Polr is.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If you can spare the time: Explain like I'm five, please. I don't think I value Ni so I don't even recognize what Ni-Polr is.
    I've seen an ILI and an LSE work in the same company for a year, but they weren't close and I wasn't paying strict attention. They seemed to get along well enough, but neither ever went out of their way to talk to the other.

I can't say how an Ni-dom would see someone who is Ni-PoLR, but I am close to being an ILI in a way (just the top two functions are reversed in strength), and I can tell you how LSE's seem to me.

First, the good. I could not ask for better Te communication with another type. We instantly "get" what the other is talking about, and why, because we are both Te-doms. BUT, LSE's have Si as their second function and that makes them great at creating comfortable spaces and knowing what worked before, while LIE's have Ni as their second function and are therefore good at imagining future scenarios and projecting the most likely outcome of many possible futures.

Ni-PoLR is, in my opinion, an inability to have faith that you can predict how something is going to turn out, just from experiencing the flow of events. I think that LSE's compensate for this lack of Ni by reading a lot of history and collecting facts about the world. This helps them to see how certain events, which have happened before, could happen again. Which assumes (and I think they know this) that all the inputs which created those events can be assumed to also be the same now. LSE's desperately want a rule book that they can refer to as gospel. It should preferably be based on historical experience. If they don't have one, they want to make one.

When LSE's look at me, they think, "Smart guy, but he sucks at practical stuff. Why can't he see that if he just rearranged this and that, just like the historical rules in the book spell out, then he'd have a much better space or design or whatever."

I, on the other hand, look at LSE's and see really smart guys who lack a creative vision for radical alternative choices in design or action. They can improve, perhaps better than any other type, but they can't seem to make leaps of intuition to see the best long-term opportunities. They seem unimaginative to me, even though I'm very aware that one of the best, most innovative design engineers that I know is LSE.
    So, as is usual in all Socionics ITR's, we're talking feelings, not facts.

Since ILI's are better at Ni than I am, they probably view LSE's the same way that I do, only more so and with less appreciation for their Si. In other words, they probably (and I'm guessing here) view LSE's as direct, concrete, square and sensible, but future-dumb. Kind of like bricks.

Let me add this about Supervision:

My father, ex-wife, and son are all SLI's and my Supervisors. One day I decided to give Socionics ITR's a test. I know that my father never respected anything I ever did, even though I was out-earning him when I was 22. But hey, he went to Law School and volunteered for two wars, so maybe I'm a disappointment because I didn't. I get that, it's possible. And my ex-wife also thinks I'm an idiot, because her father is a big wheel in the town in which he lives and I'm not, she works for the University Law School and I don't have any job guarantees at all, and I keep spending money on stuff that she can't see any use for but which somehow, inexplicably and ignorably, almost always gives great returns.
    But, I thought, my son. He's not biased by accomplishments yet. So one day we were in the car, I think he was about 12, and I asked him if he thought I was an idiot. He froze for a minute, and I rephrased the question, because maybe it was too blunt. I said, "John, do you think I make bad decisions?"
    He replied, "Dad, almost all your decisions are bad." And I knew that Socionics ITR descriptions were correct.
    I asked him, "So, you are sitting in a S-class Mercedes with a guy who has run a successful company for many years and has kept his marriage together for an even longer time. Which of my decisions were bad?"
    He had no answer, but he still knew that he was right.

ITR's. It's not reality. It's just how you feel about it.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-15-2019 at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah basically supervision is a guys polr gets hit by the supervisor. So in case of LSE ILI the ILI will probably criticize the LSE for not thinking longterm or ignoring potential long term consequences that the LSE didnt think of

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Adam

“Since ILI's are better at Ni than I am, they probably view LSE's the same way that I do, only more so and with less appreciation for their Si. In other words, they probably (and I'm guessing here) view LSE's as direct, concrete, square and sensible, but future-dumb. Kind of like bricks.”

Nope
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE do not get into continuous row of events. They are planners that map things out. When he’s planning or executing planned things he does not feel like he needs to be in an endless loop chasing after things to do things but my mother as an Ni is. Her loop is doing things where they are at physically. LSE are doing endless loop of doing something that they want or like and ignoring everything else.. My mother really puts people in the loop of actions. Like look at a full day with her and my baby. She gets up has a whole routine speaks to me about routine she will institute in 3 months or a year from now. Speaks to me about what the baby does when she wakes up. How she likes to eat and dance. How long it’s taken her to bath.... just endless loop of what is going on.

My mother’s Ni, the loop of things that are going on, coincidences with Se energy.

My husband probably wants to ignore the next unimportant loop. He wants to ignore and do JUST the necessary things.
    @MrsTortilla can relate to what I’m writing about with the Ni and endless loop of events
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-15-2019 at 03:45 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes and no
    He finds that she gets him involved in activities with her Ni loops of events.

He finds it exhausting too because he’s relaxing and planning for something else, this something else is usually what can be done soon (I can repair the car or put it off). My mother doesn’t put things off. This is the same source of conflict in conflict relationship except ESE are more obliging and tolerant and LSE are not. LSE say “after I eat” and “I’m not doing that” “I’m working on this other thing now.”

Diffence In priority of events and their importance
    -

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

but supervisee can kick back very hard: look what I do... no need for it. I'll survive while your method makes me unhappy. Then supervisor goes like
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She does "Instead of coming home and putting his clothes away he took a nap."
    This activity is more important at this TIME.
    Him: I need to REST (conserve my energy -Si) as to operate more affectively when I need to use my energy for work.

Of course the work falls on me when I buffer and do what needs to be done now.
    Does your mother live with you and your husband?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Does your mother live with you and your husband?
    Yes
    -

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes
    Then the situation has nothing to do with intertype relationships

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Are you serious? They are relating- the fundamentals of Intertype relationships
    -

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you serious? They are relating- the fundamentals of Intertype relationships
    Sometimes I don't understand if you really this stupid or are you just Playing With Us

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I've seen an ILI and an LSE work in the same company for a year, but they weren't close and I wasn't paying strict attention. They seemed to get along well enough, but neither ever went out of their way to talk to the other.

I can't say how an Ni-dom would see someone who is Ni-PoLR, but I am close to being an ILI in a way (just the top two functions are reversed in strength), and I can tell you how LSE's seem to me.

First, the good. I could not ask for better Te communication with another type. We instantly "get" what the other is talking about, and why, because we are both Te-doms. BUT, LSE's have Si as their second function and that makes them great at creating comfortable spaces and knowing what worked before, while LIE's have Ni as their second function and are therefore good at imagining future scenarios and projecting the most likely outcome of many possible futures.

Ni-PoLR is, in my opinion, an inability to have faith that you can predict how something is going to turn out, just from experiencing the flow of events. I think that LSE's compensate for this lack of Ni by reading a lot of history and collecting facts about the world. This helps them to see how certain events, which have happened before, could happen again. Which assumes (and I think they know this) that all the inputs which created those events can be assumed to also be the same now. LSE's desperately want a rule book that they can refer to as gospel. It should preferably be based on historical experience. If they don't have one, they want to make one.

When LSE's look at me, they think, "Smart guy, but he sucks at practical stuff. Why can't he see that if he just rearranged this and that, just like the historical rules in the book spell out, then he'd have a much better space or design or whatever."

I, on the other hand, look at LSE's and see really smart guys who lack a creative vision for radical alternative choices in design or action. They can improve, perhaps better than any other type, but they can't seem to make leaps of intuition to see the best long-term opportunities. They seem unimaginative to me, even though I'm very aware that one of the best, most innovative design engineers that I know is LSE.
    So, as is usual in all Socionics ITR's, we're talking feelings, not facts.

Since ILI's are better at Ni than I am, they probably view LSE's the same way that I do, only more so and with less appreciation for their Si. In other words, they probably (and I'm guessing here) view LSE's as direct, concrete, square and sensible, but future-dumb. Kind of like bricks.

Let me add this about Supervision:

My father, ex-wife, and son are all SLI's and my Supervisors. One day I decided to give Socionics ITR's a test. I know that my father never respected anything I ever did, even though I was out-earning him when I was 22. But hey, he went to Law School and volunteered for two wars, so maybe I'm a disappointment because I didn't. I get that, it's possible. And my ex-wife also thinks I'm an idiot, because her father is a big wheel in the town in which he lives and I'm not, she works for the University Law School and I don't have any job guarantees at all, and I keep spending money on stuff that she can't see any use for but which somehow, inexplicably and ignorably, almost always gives great returns.
    But, I thought, my son. He's not biased by accomplishments yet. So one day we were in the car, I think he was about 12, and I asked him if he thought I was an idiot. He froze for a minute, and I rephrased the question, because maybe it was too blunt. I said, "John, do you think I make bad decisions?"
    He replied, "Dad, almost all your decisions are bad." And I knew that Socionics ITR descriptions were correct.
    I asked him, "So, you are sitting in a S-class Mercedes with a guy who has run a successful company for many years and has kept his marriage together for an even longer time. Which of my decisions were bad?"
    He had no answer, but he still knew that he was right.

ITR's. It's not reality. It's just how you feel about it.
    Thanks a lot! I couldn't have hoped for anything better.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about how it works in relation to Ne mobilizing. The mobilizing function is something you overdo while leaving the vulnerable function neglected.

So LSEs can be overenthusiastic about their ideas for the future, and then an ILI may criticize and pour cold water on them: your idea won't work, etc.
    Or just generally having an over-optimistic attitude about things and overlooking unpleasant information until it's too late.

Descriptions of LSEs neurotically planning out the future in great detail to avoid negative consequences on the other hand show a great deal of attention to Ni and therefore are generally describing LSIs, not LSEs, likely due to MBTI influence.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sometimes I don't understand if you really this stupid or are you just Playing With Us
    I think you like to point out nonsense as to make people look weak. You are pathetic
    -

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you like to point out nonsense as to make people look weak. You are pathetic
    No I don't and that's actually the problem.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No I don't and that's actually the problem.
    pathetically Se -your real problem
    -

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pathetically Se -your real problem
    No u

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No u
    you must not understand the basic definition of intertype it's "between types"
    -

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I concur. Typical mother-in-law syndrome.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    My best friend is ILI.
    We can understand how each other thinks to an extent. We connect on matters of logic and I could have no better study partner. Sometimes she brings up high-faluting abstractions that I just draw a blank on while she's expecting a reasonable response. And she doesn't appreciate some of my weird sense of humor or care about mundane physical trivialities. But she is a good friend.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    My best friend is ILI.
    We can understand how each other thinks to an extent. We connect on matters of logic and I could have no better study partner. Sometimes she brings up high-faluting abstractions that I just draw a blank on while she's expecting a reasonable response.
    Ha, is it typical from supervisee comment about base of supervisor? I know LSI who shakes his head and tells me: Too d33p... .
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With supervision, the supervisor thinks they’re helping the supervisée improve because the supervisée is making really simple mistakes. 1D Se ILI believes they’re helping LSE with Ni. They may see themselves as opening LSE to new frontiers but LSE will likely fight back. When it comes to supervising any type that’s got 3D or 4D Se, the likelihood of them blowing up and the situation going to hell or spinning out of control is pretty high. LSE is Se demo, so they’re actually quite combative, despite them denying it.

Holden is ILI and Shepard (his boss) is LSE. Holden’s actions caused Shepard to take the fall and he got forced into retirement. This isn’t the first blowup from the LSE, but it’s the last one.

https://youtu.be/-rUh3O-vHIY

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think when it comes the supervisor’s perspective, it’s not just viewing the supervisée as “beneath” them, it’s seeing them fuck up so royally that you want to teach them how to take it the right way. The “beneath” view isn’t condescending, but more like “WHY are you fucking up on something so easy?” It’s a feeling that someone is behind you and you think if you expose them to your lead function that they’ll learn. Except there’s tension arising from the relationship due to the supervisor subjugating the supervisée to their PoLR and that just pisses off/alienate them further. I think the reality is, the supervisée is truly fucking up, which is why they’d likely fight and get all defensive. Ultimately, I’ve concluded this is throwaway because it’s like no resolution in sight that’ll save such a difficult, one-sided relationship (no matter what the circumstances are).

For whatever reason, I attract a lot of LIIs because they think I’m cool and I’m able to clearly “translate” their ideas. I think they’re absolutely brillant, no question about that. But I can’t stand that they’re structureless and don’t apply their intelligence in a tangible way. Somehow, in the process of socializing, I’ll end up saying or doing something that’ll push them to stand up for themselves because their Se is in the gutter. This isn’t a conscious thing. It unfolds naturally and with disastrous results. I’m not malicious and they know I’m not purposely being an asshole to them, but they just can’t seem to grapple with Se and I can’t understand why they don’t ever put their foot down, despite me showing them how. Since I’ve been aware of socionics relations (this year), whenever an LII talks to me online wanting to make a new friend, I make sure to tell them, “Are you sure you want to talk to me because at some point, I’ll probably alienate you. I’m still your supervisor.” They’ve all said yes and they’ve all been alienated. Some of them even blocked me because they felt like I’ve pushed them off the edge. In my purview, I’m gentle. To them, I’ve crossed the line of decency and fairness.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've known only one pair who've worked together because they're usually on different career paths. The ILI said that the LSE couldn't see outside the unnecessary tunnel that he was constructing for himself. The LSE was never so metaphorical; he said that although the ILI was knowledgeable, he was lazy as a cut dog (perhaps not his exact words) and that unproductive would be an understatement. I doubt that they've ever had a beer together but the project that they shared did actually produce a report, which was totally written by the LSE about the work that was solely done by ILI; the LSE left his position soon after.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I've known only one pair who've worked together because they're usually on different career paths. The ILI said that the LSE couldn't see outside the unnecessary tunnel that he was constructing for himself. The LSE was never so metaphorical; he said that although the ILI was knowledgeable, that he was lazy as a cut dog and that unproductive would be an understatement. I doubt that they've ever had a beer together but the project that they shared did actually produce a report, which was totally written by the LSE about the work that was solely done by ILI; the LSE left his position soon after.

a.k.a. I/O
    Along these lines, I’ve seen an ILI work for an LSE on a project with similarly bad relations. I posted above, a year and a half ago, an initial impression of this pair, and things have gone downhill since then.

The LSE said that the ILI, who has two PhD’s from two separate institutions, is incredibly smart and completely impractical in his knowledge of real life.

The ILI says that the LSE is so fucking stupid he doesn’t know how anything (fluid dynamics) works. All he wants to do is ride his fucking motorcycle around and get a big paycheck.

The project they are working on isn’t done yet, but it is not going well.
    The LSE is trying to hire a replacement for the ILI so he can fire him and still have someone to do the actual work, and the ILI is looking for another job.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 09-30-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When me and my LSE collegue cruise around at work we rename all the animals we see with slurs. He talks about money and ways of getting lots of it and I talk about fucking in all the different ways I enjoy.