Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your goals?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1. Become more fit, self-confident and hotter.

2. Try not to be so stuck on myself. Before you say 'BuT hEaLtHy NaRcCiSsM iS gOoD fOr YoU!' I mean... stuck on myself in ways that make me depressed and stuck. Though I am naturally very introverted and it can be hard not being a narcissist sometimes. I sorta envy those masculine ST types that can just totally project their energy externally into a piece of plywood or something, and selflessly love that plywood....instead of emotionally warping it to fit some unmet childhood need haha. Which brings me to ....

3. I have an excellent imagination, I just need to put it to use better.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 08-16-2018 at 03:36 AM.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get fit and healthy
    Drink less (I'm seriously considering quitting entirely)
    Learn how to make friends without drinking
    Learn how to write
    Double my pay
    Have more sex
    ἀταραξία

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Change jobs (doubling my pay ofc)
    Save more money
    Remain fit and healthy
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Change jobs (doubling my pay ofc)
    Save more money
    Remain fit and healthy
    Doubling your income is just the beginning.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Update: I've been going non-stop since 8/15 when I last posted on this thread. Actually, it started right on the morning after 8/15. I called in one of my key guys on this thing at 7:30 in the morning. No answer, then I got a phone call back about three minutes later. I woke him up. I told him I wanted him to come in that morning. I spent about an hour grilling him, cajoling him, persuading, threatening, alternating between carrot-stick incentives, tossing out this and that, while he sat and I moved back and forth like a wild animals, giving him the entire treatment. It was off to the races after that. I came out on top because I pressed hard on the weak spots and connived my way out of the tight spots. I opened up new lines of attack I had not previously seen and developed them rapidly...I got into some grand shouting matches. I had many occasions for evil laughter and moments of self-realization. I'm already nostalgic for it. I don't think there's any line I won't cross in order to win. I went pretty far this time but it was still a masterstroke. At one point, I was firing off ten-twelve hour days and getting very little sleep. Friday i was starting to breach the line of sanity as far as anger went but that only made me more determined and focused. I closed hard. Being in physical shape paid off because I was functioning at top capacity on little sleep and still burning off the extra energy at night with my 2 and a half mile jogs. Friday was the climax and over the weekend until today I put on the finishing touches. I'm ready to pass out for a good eight hours, after I get back from the club that is hehehe. I pretty much closed it up today with a nasty-ass power move. Very, very aggressive move, that came to me in the heat of the moment. Heat of the moment always brings out the best cuz I'll do any thing to win. hehehe and there's no cause driving it, no ideology, no principle. hahahaha. Geez, it seems so long ago since I posted here....I getz so single-minded on prevailing everything seems so long ago....it just likes fades away. Now back to business as usual for about the next three weeks.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 08-29-2018 at 02:47 AM.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I bought two books so hopefully I'll read those eventually

maybe do light stretching cuz my body is tense

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To get an uncircumcised penis

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wanna be wealthy, but shhhhhht, keep it low key, I live in a place where ambition is frowned upon. Even healthy ambition.

Seriously though, being wealthy would be cool.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

to feel happy and what leads to this
    to make peoples' life better

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    to feel happy and what leads to this
    to make peoples' life better
    Simplistic thinking, F TYPE YOU ARE!

Last edited by WVBRY; 08-30-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I ask myself this too often but I don't know what I truly want.

Literally the only thing that I know for sure is that I need to be more in touch with nature or else I'll end up destroying myself.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Sup
    Sup bro

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I want to be the man my dog thinks I am.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly I want to live long enough to get my son to the point where he doesn't need me.
    Also I would like to serve or help people who are powerless or believe they are in some way, especially women and children. Maybe through writing.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Doubling your income is just the beginning.
    Then you double your savings, and then you do it again, and again, and again, until you become a millionaire.

Here's a tutorial:

And another one:

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 13 year old daughter and I have started biking. Our goal is 20 miles in one day before the end of summer, but so far we’ve only gotten to 15 miles, and have actually been reverting because of the humidity/weather/wind. At least that’s what we tell ourselves…. Lol

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster reverie View Post
    My 13 year old daughter and I have started biking. Our goal is 20 miles in one day before the end of summer, but so far we’ve only gotten to 15 miles, and have actually been reverting because of the humidity/weather/wind. At least that’s what we tell ourselves…. Lol
    That is doable. I made 100 km (60 mi) trip yesterday. People think I'm crazy but cycling is not that demanding once you start.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Long term goal is to live off grid in a warm place like either Cali or Florida and grow my own fruit, veg, and raise quail. I just want to have my very own sanctuary away from all the hustle and bustle that is the rest of the world. Hopefully I’ve already got my perfume oil business in line or some other hobby expanded

Short term goal is to grow a fat dumpy
    “Anything is possible. It is night on planet earth and I'm alive. And someday I'll be dead.
    Someday I'll just be bones in a box, but right now, I'm not.
    And anything is possible.”

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    I realized that I actually hate goal setting. It doesn’t work on me. I prefer enjoying day-to-day as it is. If I would really push it, I guess my goal is to be able to eat and sleep well, and be mostly in a happy mood everyday. I also want to have lots of interesting dreams often.
    p > j

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My goals have always been more like self-imposed challenges. There is a simple pattern that repeats itself each time I find something interesting and challenging, the challenge being the learning curve which in my case is often long. Here is the pattern :

[1."Oh I like this" 2. "Is it learnable ?" (is the access to the information easily available and free ?)* 3. "yes"( If no then drop it) 4. "Let's learn all that I can about it". 5. I estimate that I have learned enough and/or acquired enough skills. 6. Serendipity does its thing. 7. I found a new interest.]

* Since the advent of the Internet, answering "No" has been almost synonymous of a lack of will.

Note that a lot of what I learn has to be useful, I have a "It's good to know, maybe one day that will be useful" type of mentality . The problem is that I never use what I learned (except for my theological "Knowledge") , rarely do I talk about those stuff. From the outside, people (and my family members) might think that I'm just a lazy and pitiful person who wastes his time and potential. I don't have the feeling that I waste my time though, in fact I dislike wasting my time because I value it a lot. Time is all I have. More often than not, I spend it alone unfortunately. I'm too busy doing "nothing".

I have a problem with earning money, I just wish that I had more just for being able to do what I like in a comfortable way, that is to say without worrying about the limitation of being broke. Most of what I earned has been spend on musical gears. Half of this gear has disappeared when the content of my parent's basement has been stolen. My father had the good idea to put my gear in there while I was absent (out of the country).

When it comes to technical stuff, I like to learn from people whom I consider the best in their field. I'm the fanboy who imitates his idols. I think that it's a good way to learn. It naturally maintains high expectations.
    Last edited by godslave; 06-19-2022 at 01:04 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now
    success in my exams and enter a good college

Since I was a child I used to plan literally everything I will do now or later , even my whole life when
    but now I don't do anything for anything unless it's near , so I cancelled all my plans
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    My goals have always been more like self-imposed challenges. There is a simple pattern that repeats itself each time I find something interesting and challenging, the challenge being the learning curve which in my case is often long. Here is the pattern :

[1."Oh I like this" 2. "Is it learnable ?" (is the access to the information easily available and free ?)* 3. "yes"( If no then drop it) 4. "Let's learn all that I can about it". 5. I estimate that I have learned enough and/or acquired enough skills. 6. Serendipity does its thing. 7. I found a new interest.]

* Since the advent of the Internet, answering "No" has been almost synonymous of a lack of will.

Note that a lot of what I learn has to be useful, I have a "It's good to know, maybe one day that will be useful" type of mentality . The problem is that I never use what I learned (except for my theological "Knowledge") , rarely do I talk about those stuff. From the outside, people (and my family members) might think that I'm just a lazy and pitiful person who wastes his time and potential. I don't have the feeling that I waste my time though, in fact I dislike wasting my time because I value it a lot. Time is all I have. More often than not, I spend it alone unfortunately. I'm too busy doing "nothing".

I have a problem with earning money, I just wish that I had more just for being able to do what I like in a comfortable way, that is to say without worrying about the limitation of being broke. Most of what I earned has been spend on musical gears. Half of this gear has disappeared when the content of my parent's basement has been stolen. My father had the good idea to put my gear in there while I was absent (out of the country).

When it comes to technical stuff, I like to learn from people whom I consider the best in their field. I'm the fanboy who imitates his idols. I think that it's a good way to learn. It naturally maintains high expectations.
    so relatable. I’m the same.

I have these little, sometimes extremely weird, only be-known to me challenges I make for myself. Rarely are they practical. Sometimes I like to think they are, or rationalize how they could be

But I think it helps get me through life.

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

The Creator and the Destructor The Iconoclast's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy, it is somewhat relatable. From the outside seems that I lack valuable goals, perhaps because it is unrelated to practical boogie-oogie and more about immaterial goals that I don't even have a clue what they are about – like a mysterious feeling that I should do something valueable that will leave a mark unto this transient world; I have a romantic vision of meaning (something I value very much). I see my footsteps envolved in a fickle and blurry notion of destiny and fate – this bringing me much pain and hope. Not the ideal in our materialistic and money-centric times.

Heck! This constant stabbering with the ideal is goddamn complicated; but is something I am constantly looking for. Becoming better, living to something I am passionate and find meaningful – so never leave your diamonds for ordinary stones, – the ideal can be destructive or constructive: you make it!

This approach to learn you impose unto yourself is quite interesting. Time that is valuable is subjective to it's meaning to each individual; seeing it this way is enough to be invunerable to the peer and family criticism. Oh, time spent as the world says! Listening to the world! Everyone willing to follow those standards will become a banker, or a money-obsessed canaille.

Music is a bliss. You are a musician? When I was 12 I had an obsession on music. I play guitar (eventually sing) and Steve Vai was my role-model; I want so bad to be like him, to play like him, to evoke the same feelings with a passionate guitar-playing – role-models are imprescindible to evolve your own!

The world is tragic and to overcome it you should always become yourself and listen to yourself. Enough said. I think people don't like excessively verbose responses to casual thoughts. (Too vain myself to try stylish responses in a language I know nothing about hahaha!)

I wish you the best in accomplishing your life goals.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Iconoclast View Post
    Oh boy, it is somewhat relatable. From the outside seems that I lack valuable goals, perhaps because it is unrelated to practical boogie-oogie and more about immaterial goals that I don't even have a clue what they are about – like a mysterious feeling that I should do something valueable that will leave a mark unto this transient world; I have a romantic vision of meaning (something I value very much). I see my footsteps envolved in a fickle and blurry notion of destiny and fate – this bringing me much pain and hope. Not the ideal in our materialistic and money-centric times.

Heck! This constant stabbering with the ideal is goddamn complicated; but is something I am constantly looking for. Becoming better, living to something I am passionate and find meaningful – so never leave your diamonds for ordinary stones, – the ideal can be destructive or constructive: you make it!

This approach to learn you impose unto yourself is quite interesting. Time that is valuable is subjective to it's meaning to each individual; seeing it this way is enough to be invunerable to the peer and family criticism. Oh, time spent as the world says! Listening to the world! Everyone willing to follow those standards will become a banker, or a money-obsessed canaille.

Music is a bliss. You are a musician? When I was 12 I had an obsession on music. I play guitar (eventually sing) and Steve Vai was my role-model; I want so bad to be like him, to play like him, to evoke the same feelings with a passionate guitar-playing – role-models are imprescindible to evolve your own!

The world is tragic and to overcome it you should always become yourself and listen to yourself. Enough said. I think people don't like excessively verbose responses to casual thoughts. (Too vain myself to try stylish responses in a language I know nothing about hahaha!)

I wish you the best in accomplishing your life goals.
    Thanks ! I agree with everything you said. Steve Vai was also one of my heroes ( I met him and had a little chat with him on two occasion after concerts ! ). I played a lot of his stuff too. In fact He's one of the guitar heroes of whom the style is somehow integrate to mine. Other Guitar players like Steve Morse, Tony Macalpine, Vinnie Moore, Al di meola, Pat Metheny have influenced my play. I play alternate Picking almost exclusively. So I feel you and know exactly what you mean !

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ! I agree with everything you said. Steve Vai was also one of my heroes ( I met him and had a little chat with him on two occasion after concerts ! ). I played a lot of his stuff too. In fact He's one of the guitar heroes of whom the style is somehow integrate to mine. Other Guitar players like Steve Morse, Tony Macalpine, Vinnie Moore, Al di meola, Pat Metheny have influenced my play. I play alternate Picking almost exclusively. So I feel you and know exactly what you mean !
    To meet Steve Vai was literally my adolescence wet dream! Must have been a very thrilling experience to watch his concerts. Steve Morse and Al Di Meola are guitarrists so close to my heart; but not as near as Vai or Gilbert. I also love Petrucci, although I don't really have the enthusiasm for his solo records as I have for Dream Theater. Dude, I have an immense love for DT since my 14 or 15. Joe Satriani is great too. I like blues and fusion guitarrists like Ray Vaughan, Clapton, Beck, Wordsworth, etc. Guthrie Govan is another one I have great admiration (though I don't remember exactly his genre). Jazz is cool, but I have a nominal knowledge about the genre.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Iconoclast View Post
    To meet Steve Vai was literally my adolescence wet dream! Must have been a very thrilling experience to watch his concerts. Steve Morse and Al Di Meola are guitarrists so close to my heart; but not as near as Vai or Gilbert. I also love Petrucci, although I don't really have the enthusiasm for his solo records as I have for Dream Theater. Dude, I have an immense love for DT since my 14 or 15. Joe Satriani is great too. I like blues and fusion guitarrists like Ray Vaughan, Clapton, Beck, Wordsworth, etc. Guthrie Govan is another one I have great admiration (though I don't remember exactly his genre). Jazz is cool, but I have a nominal knowledge about the genre.
    Same ! I feel your Passion !! All those guitar players are very important to me ! I love all kind of musics mostly instrumental though. It's great to see other members of this forum sharing the same passion.

Edit : Steve Vai in concert is always a great experience ! I remember that during one of these concerts, at one point he held out his guitar to the audience and as I was right in front of the stage I was able to strum it a little. A little later he was doing a stage diving right above me and it was just crazy !!

Last edited by godslave; 06-24-2022 at 05:17 AM.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing my goals more productively than someone else does theirs. That's really all my suggestive Te requires.

In all seriousness.

-Learn Spanish to fluency

-Be as physically fit as possible

-Save up for a new car & college tuition

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ultimate goal in life would be creating a universe.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Some long-term goals that I keep putting off:

• Increase my level of Fitness. This is important to me in itself, but I've recently come to appreciate that it may also significantly reduce Neuroticism.

• Increase my Art skills.

• Look at more Art. I have been doing this somewhat, slowly, by going through Wikiart's database of artists, in order of artists ranked by number of paintings on the website (that is data I privately have).

• Try writing Poetry. Possibly look at the Hedonometer's list of words by positive valence, and research the frequency of word usage at wordfrequency.info, as well as syllable count data.

• ...Act rather than spend time trying to work out how best to excel at something if I was actually to Act.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some short and long-term goals:

1. Get into the theater school to study playwriting.

1.1 Create a plan to acquire more erudition (re-read and read plays and the history of theater).

1.2 Try to write a play.

1.3 Engage with people with same interests.

2. Change my diet. Eliminate gluten (I have gluten sensitivity – known also as intolerance – and it fucks me up big time: mentally, physically, etc.) and engage in a Keto diet. I try'd for some weeks and had enormous benefits.

2.1 Lose weight, exercise more, buy new clothes.

3. Find a job and have a practical occupation that allow me to survive while going deep into my creative endeavors.

4. Look forward to the future while letting the past disappear behind the wall.

5. Become president acquire nuclear weapons and start a nuclear war.

5.1 Take care of my mental health.

5 is a joke but 5.1 not so much. Being ciclothymic turns your life in a big mess. Plus OCD and traumas are serious stuff and I should try to treat them. Fix my sleep patterns (I wake 2:00 pm and sleep 5:00 am every day) is also a must.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My goal is to stick with my current job for a year so I can hopefully go to Norway with my mom next May and then find another job. Students have been testing my patience as of late. Really am over it.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    My ultimate goal in life would be creating a universe.
    Ya, this sounds pretty grand. To cook the potion of earth to mountaintop future sight of every chain and budding spoon feeding of the next devil and ghost sketch to see how far the dragon skeleton goes is always pushing the limits of a mad imagination.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t say it… but it is important

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

4 years on...accomplished a lot of my goals (didn't accomplish an equal amount). now goal is to take the pmp test and get a job working with data.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- keep learning about socionics (merging info from the traditional side of socionics...with my own observations and the conventional/unconventional knowledge I've picked up on the forum)
    -get better at te stuff- use more te words, be more proud of te
    - get better at my job, with a particular focus on the medical related aspect of my role- assisting medical and health practitioners in research and staying up to date with medical knowlege (I always liked science at school so maybe I am supposed to be a pretend doctor )
    -more creative activity
    -keep dancing
    -improve relations with parents

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- quit picking my face
    - quit procrastinating schoolwork
    - quit procrastinating getting ready until I'm certain to be late
    - quit wasting time on social media apps
    - start doing my skincare routine at morning and night
    - start getting at least 8 hours of sleep nightly
    - start shaving legs weekly
    - start running 5-6 times per week
    - start reading Bible daily
    - start drinking water daily
    - start flossing and using mouthwash daily
    - start cleaning room/bathroom weekly
    - start practicing art daily
    - start reading fiction daily
    - start journaling daily
    - figure out how to stop feeling so anxious, insecure, and sulky 24/7
    - figure out how to stop feeling so lazy and exhausted even when I'm getting adequate sleep
    - figure out how to stop doubting God so much

I've had pretty much the same list of goals for years. I seem hopeless at making and breaking habits.
    Last edited by Dreymagine; 07-13-2022 at 05:05 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I read goal lists, I just want to sleep forever.
    I find them discouraging and the more I think of reaching goals, the more catatonic I become.

Cool for people who are motivated by this.

So I guess I have one goal: not let myself become immobilized by goals.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally reached my 20 miles on a bike in a day! Next I’m going for 30 by the end of fall….

baby steps lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long term:

I’d like to do a masters degree in art- printmaking. And see if there’s any way I could teach this to adults. Or maybe even go back into high school teaching- but teach art. I don’t think I’m cut out for a boring job- I need a cool job to make me less boring lol. All my siblings have proved more successful than me and I think I was supposed to be successful too. My SLI dad is in some ways a workaholic and my mum is an EJ, so you know always on the go. So I think there’s something in me that is driven, like them, I just ran into problems.

Gotta channel that OCD into something good right

but first- keep doing bits of art, make the most of my job I have right now, and see if i want to have a kid. It’s nice to be able to imagine a different life and be happy, even though life has not been that good to me. That’s a big deal to be able to imagine that.

Artists and children are the most innocent souls and I wanna be with them

edit:

aand already re-thinking. I do like my current job which is not the above. (Academic library stuff). The good thing about it is that there is room for progression but you can progress at your own pace. But def want to keep practising printmaking.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 08-12-2022 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    It's easier to replace habits by new ones rather than making or breaking them from scratch.
    I've seen this tip on countless online articles about how to make/break habits. I'm trying that, have been for a long time, but it hasn't made it any easier tbh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast