Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whatever Type I Am, I'm Fairly Sure That I'm Unhealthy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    That's an interesting perspective and really quite foreign to me.
    I guess you could say that I try to control public opinion and I use it as a weapon to get people to listen to me. I always find myself saying something to the effect of "This trusted source said to do this and if you don't your not on the same level as them." Or: " I wouldn't do that. It's extremely stupid, but do what you want."

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muhtempus View Post
    How do I reach the bottom of the collective unconscious? And is there any practical value of doing so?
    Will the collective unconscious appreciate your reaching for it's bottom?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@muhtempus @Adam Strange

Am I missing something here?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
    @muhtempus @Adam Strange

Am I missing something here?
    Probably not. I'm just amusing myself with my particular flavor of random wordplay humor. Not everyone likes it. Or cares.

TBH, I didn't even notice which thread this post was in.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange

Fair enough.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess you could say that I try to control public opinion and I use it as a weapon to get people to listen to me. I always find myself saying something to the effect of "This trusted source said to do this and if you don't your not on the same level as them." Or: " I wouldn't do that. It's extremely stupid, but do what you want."
    In a case like that, I would probably try to call attention to the phrase "trusted source." Who trusts the source? Why? Passive voice always indicates some kind of omission, sometimes created with intent.

The second one seems like it would be a bit more effective. xD

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read sоciоnics things, then pick the type you like. The sоciоnics of the masses will be laughably at odds with true sоciоnics.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aramas

Let's day I want you to do cook something a certain way. I might say," Gordon Ramsay says that if you don't cook it this way, you're not doing right." If you ask my why that matters, I'd probably say: "I mean, if you wanna make sub-par food then keep doing what your doing, but I won't accept it."

My god, I sound so bad right here. Oh well, that's me

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have any specific sources to look at for this information? @Pallas Athena

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aramas

Let's day I want you to do cook something a certain way. I might say," Gordon Ramsay says that if you don't cook it this way, you're not doing right." If you ask my why that matters, I'd probably say: "I mean, if you wanna make sub-par food then keep doing what your doing, but I won't accept it."

My god, I sound so bad right here. Oh well, that's me
    If you say, "Gordon Ramsay says," I'd probably stop you right there and repeat your words in a playfully mocking tone of voice, indicating I don't care what he has to say.

And if you don't accept it, that's fine. More for me

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have any specific sources to look at for this information? @Pallas Athena
    I think mostly people just read the forum articles back in the Golden Age of 16t.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@BeamerBoy You are extremely similar to me, that's all that I can say LOLOL. Way too many elements of your past and attitudes are identical to mine. If not another SLE, then maybe EIE or IEI... however the main problem with beta NF to me is that your writing style isn't emotional, flowery or dramatic whatsoever. It's very frank and straightforward like mine.

And by the way, I'm slightly older than you and have dealt with and overcome the issues you feel you're having. Feel free to talk to me in PM if you want any insight or advice or to vent.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    If you say, "Gordon Ramsay says," I'd probably stop you right there and repeat your words in a playfully mocking tone of voice, indicating I don't care what he has to say.

And if you don't accept it, that's fine. More for me
    Then I'd have to eat the food with you. I guess it's just the way that I go about things. Most of the time I don't even really care, I just say them to say them with no ill intent. If the other person doesn't give in, I'll give in. The way you responded probably would get a laugh out of me and then I'd just smile and say let's see how your way works. Maybe I'd even throw in a joke about how I don't know how to cook anyway so I don't really have a choice anyways.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have long suspected myself of being a Beta of some sort, it's just pinning it down at this point. I engage in the flowery writing when I'm writing my stories and music, but I typically speak in a more direct way. Sometimes even a little too direct and formal with other people, but I can also get the metaphors out if I need to inspire someone.

Thank you for the offer, it is appreciated. I am always looking for some good advice and or insight.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm totally interested in talking to you personally too since I feel you're so uncannily relatable. I've been in the shoutbox a lot recently. If you feel up to it and have the time, do hit me up!
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange

I will integrate into this forum as good as I possibly can.
    I can't remember the source, but there was one article on SLE, probably on this site, that said SLEs are capable of blending in or integrating/adapting to the social setting around them amazingly well. This is one of the features of Fe HA. I actually first thought I was an EIE when I got into socionics initially, because I was very confident in this ability of mine.

They did nothing that really deterred me. Verbal abuse didn't get to me and I didn't care about the physical abuse. I had become numb to it. So eventually, my parents just stopped because they saw that they couldn't get to me anymore. They didn't care as long as I kept getting good grades so that they could brag about me.

This line was highly relatable for me, and I believe this points to Si ignoring / Se lead.

What you've said about refusing to bow to the dominance of your parents/people is all extremely relatable for me. I may not necessarily push back if I'm pushed, but I will not bow down outside of my own terms or against my own agenda. I am unsure why so many people are typing you IEI since you are reporting having a high degree of control over your own power and a deep nuanced understanding of power dynamics -- this isn't a feature of Ni leading at all.

Moreover, your thoughts are so concise and coherent and your delivery of them is just so rational. NFs are rambly for the most part. Like me, you seem to admire unfettered emotional expression -- maybe because you have difficulty doing that yourself with all your logical thinking and control.

How would your friends describe you?

Smart, manipulative, moody, eccentric, and pragmatic.

This is uncannily similar to how people in my IRL life have described me.

Have you taken a look at SLE type descriptions by any chance? I would suggest it if you haven't. Really look into the details, the neanderthal trope is really overblown for some of us. I'd be interesting in hearing your thoughts.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@niffer

I am also very confident in my ability to adapt to whatever environment that I am. So much so that some people know me as a quiet nerd while others know me as a emotional narcissist. Both are actual sides of me however, I just put on the right mask to match whatever is around .me.

I believe it's because I frequently describe myself as quiet and creative. I don't really know, but I can be my Beta.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12