User Tag List

Thread: Hi. I am a generic forum floater.

TIM
    SEI 9w8 sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi. I am a generic forum floater.

Recently, I was chatting with someone about personality and Socionics came up. The concepts seemed interesting and I’m hoping to get a better understanding so I can participate more in those discussions.

I currently don’t know my type in this system but hopefully it will reveal itself in time.

If there is a specific thread that lays out a good article reading order, I’d greatly appreciate a link to it.

And thank you, Sol, but I am not interested in making a typing video at this time.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicovali View Post
    Recently, I was chatting with someone about personality and Socionics came up. The concepts seemed interesting and I’m hoping to get a better understanding so I can participate more in those discussions.

I currently don’t know my type in this system but hopefully it will reveal itself in time.

If there is a specific thread that lays out a good article reading order, I’d greatly appreciate a link to it.

And thank you, Sol, but I am not interested in making a typing video at this time.
    This is a good start: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...lements-Primer

You should try to attain an understanding of the various functions and how they tend to play out in everyday life. Once you identify your Lead/Program function you're well on your way to typing yourself as only 2 types have a given element as their program function. After that it's just determining the Creative, polr, and dual-seeking/suggestive function. Once you have all that down you've pretty much determined your type and can go from there.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol, tell him to make a typing video, omg

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Article-Index

These are all good to read. You can treat it as a reading order as well, if you wish.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If there is a specific thread that lays out a good article reading order
    The only good study source about socionics in English is that.

I am not interested in making a typing video at this time.
    You are interested in case you want to be typed by forum's members correctly.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He already put a disclaimer in his original post
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Welcome by the way
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems you did your homework before registering, and yeah you're more than welcome
    @Sol you became very famous even among newcomers, congratulations

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

why does he like watching videos of people being awkward in front of their computers so much

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Video typing could be a decent method. Especially if you are a dynamic type and look for nuance. For this reason dynamic types cannot fully trust what people say about themselves. Needing more guidelines based on their own observation
    -

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this page has an introduction to socionics, and provides links to introductory, intermediate, and advanced articles: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...n-to-Socionics

welcome to the forum!

TIM
    SEI 9w8 sp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for the welcomes and/or links.

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    This is a good start: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...lements-Primer

You should try to attain an understanding of the various functions and how they tend to play out in everyday life. Once you identify your Lead/Program function you're well on your way to typing yourself as only 2 types have a given element as their program function. After that it's just determining the Creative, polr, and dual-seeking/suggestive function. Once you have all that down you've pretty much determined your type and can go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Article-Index

These are all good to read. You can treat it as a reading order as well, if you wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The only good study source about socionics in English is that.

You are interested in case you want to be typed by forum's members correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    this page has an introduction to socionics, and provides links to introductory, intermediate, and advanced articles: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...n-to-Socionics

welcome to the forum!
    I spent a few hours this afternoon reading and jotting down notes on the articles and pages in the introductory sections of these links. The book has been bookmarked and I may look into purchasing it at a later time.

I have tentatively concluded that I am ILE based on a combination of Role, + Super Id, and + Id though I note that it is different from the results I have received from tests and a questionnaire typing. I plan to use the intermediate section to help clarify this.

Another question I have (and it may very well be explained in the intermediate articles) is how to go about learning to type others. A strong foundation in the theory is given but how did you, personally, go about practicing?

Again, any advice or links, no matter how short, are appreciated.
    Last edited by Nicovali; 10-06-2015 at 12:45 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Another question I have (and it may very well be explained in the intermediate articles) is how to go about learning to type others. A strong foundation in the theory is given but how did you, personally, go about practicing?
    I just look for trends over time, most situations on their own are too ambiguous.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I just look for trends over time, most situations on their own are too ambiguous.
    I find it easier to type others tbh. I feel like my self-reflective abilities are t3h shit!

And I listen to people and listen carefully. Sometimes just a word or just a tiny mote of reasoning and talking can lead to great discoveries. Trends are also good to follow. But I find it that actual listening...nothing beats that .

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    I find it easier to type others tbh. I feel like my self-reflective abilities are t3h shit!

And I listen to people and listen carefully. Sometimes just a word or just a tiny mote of reasoning and talking can lead to great discoveries. Trends are also good to follow. But I find it that actual listening...nothing beats that .
    Noticing those trends involves a lot of listening/observing.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome nico. I hope you'll have an enjoyable and pleasant stay here.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Nicovali I'll say it again, learn what the functions do and how they play out. Nail your program function down first, that's the big one as it really narrows it down. Only 2 types have a given function as the program, same goes for the suggestive function. What do you really want more of in your life? What's the one thing that you just can't say "no" to if it's being offered up to you in spite of your better judgement? You should also look at quadra values and cognitive styles, those can also help ya to narrow it down. Socionics isn't very nice about how it puts things so welcome to hell newbie, hope ya like disillusionment .

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    @Nicovali I'll say it again, learn what the functions do and how they play out. Nail your program function down first, that's the big one as it really narrows it down. Only 2 types have a given function as the program, same goes for the suggestive function. What do you really want more of in your life? What's the one thing that you just can't say "no" to if it's being offered up to you in spite of your better judgement? You should also look at quadra values and cognitive styles, those can also help ya to narrow it down. Socionics isn't very nice about how it puts things so welcome to hell newbie, hope ya like disillusionment .
    And blame the monkey if you quit.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahoy
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILE-Ti Subtype
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahoy-hoy

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)