View Poll Results: Should we forgive Louis CK?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 25.00%
  • No

1 12.50%
  • Other

5 62.50%

Thread: Louis CK comeback

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Only skimmed the article

But I would like him to comeback.

(I voted with "Yes")
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idc about his earning forgiveness, in fact i'd rather he didn't. just go back to doing his thing again.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Forgiveness is not an AoE spell. Some people will forgive you for the bad shit you've done, others won't- some people might even take back their forgiveness for whatever reason. Those you don't think would ever forgive you can forgive you, those you always thought would forgive you... might have a hard time with it. Forgiveness is complicated.

The illuminati is just trying to divide ppl with this sex abuse shit tho and its a dark, long game the reptiles are playing and so we shouldn't really fall for it. Sex abuse is already a crime. And it needs to be innocent until proven guilty not the other way around. What he did was inappropriate and not good, but he's not a criminal or sex offender.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If Louis ck never works again it means that we all as a society have agreed that sexual misconduct is bad? And if his career picks up steam it means forgiveness across the board for all sleazy men? There's so much energy attached to individual celebrities and their specific actions and I'm annoyed because i feel like ive been manipulated using my past traumas to give a shit about like, the career of Johnny Depp because it's the most immediately compelling way to frame real problems to people scrolling through facebook over their lunch break. And these famous people become totems representing the pain people have experienced and the emotional processing of that pain is played like a fiddle by the response of the public to these scandals. I guess supposedly there's some cultural zeitgeist behind all this which signals progress or whatever and maybe im just too so-last to "get it" but it feels cheap and I don't get any sense of vindication or feeling of hope just because some random Hollywood personality loses a job.

Anyway Ive deliberately avoided coverage about whatever actually happened because I don't want to know or care, and I rarely watch standup anyway.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    If Louis ck never works again it means that we all as a society have agreed that sexual misconduct is bad? And if his career picks up steam it means forgiveness across the board for all sleazy men?
    Anyway Ive deliberately avoided coverage about whatever actually happened because I don't want to know or care, and I rarely watch standup anyway.
    ^^^

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    If Louis ck never works again it means that we all as a society have agreed that sexual misconduct is bad? And if his career picks up steam it means forgiveness across the board for all sleazy men? There's so much energy attached to individual celebrities and their specific actions and I'm annoyed because i feel like ive been manipulated using my past traumas to give a shit about like, the career of Johnny Depp because it's the most immediately compelling way to frame real problems to people scrolling through facebook over their lunch break. I guess supposedly there's some cultural zeitgeist behind all this which signals progress or whatever and maybe im just too so-last to "get it" but it feels cheap and I don't get any sense of vindication or feeling of hope just because some random Hollywood personality loses a job.

i've never really watched his standup, but i've listened to him on opie and anthony and stuff so gotten some of it. mostly i'm into him for his tv show Louie which had some really poignant moments while still having a kind of subtle humor about life. i also really loved his web show Horace and Pete which isn't at all a comedy, it's a pretty heavy tragedy about morbidly depressed alcoholics set in a generational family run bar that's done in an interesting playlike way. it has some rough edges but it's really a genius creation imo.
    Last edited by bgbg; 11-27-2018 at 01:42 AM.

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, Hollywood got burned by its own agenda and degeneracy and should stay burned. Fuck 'em. The more of these people outed as projecting, sleazy, creeps, and hypocrites whose only drive is the erosion of social norms and properly ostracized for it the better.
    Last edited by Sisyphean; 11-27-2018 at 01:44 AM.
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default no-charisma Brian Posehn doppelganger w/o the heavy metal love

Never a huge fan -- wasn't him being a gross old man part of the deal in the first place?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5