Thread: Explain your PoLR with examples thread

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Yeah true. When I go see my therapist she says "what's wrong?" I tell her nothing really! But my kids are refusing to to go to school! It's stressing me out. She then asks me some questions about how my kids won't go to school. She's only dancing around my anxiety, as I see it. Love the ILI skeptical my approach....

I feel really bad for you, @chriscorey. Kids think they know everything and they are little sociopaths.

My first impulse was to say "Maybe your kids need a Sabbatical. A year off with no support from their family. "How to survive on their own with the knowledge that they have right now.""
    Who needs school, anyway?

But of course, that's a terrible approach. They are really asking for more attention. "Who cares about me enough to give me discipline and the care I need?"

They are kids. They can't really ask for what they don't know how to get. All they can do is to refuse this and refuse that.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post

I want Yuri to come through the screen, save me and forever live off with him and venture for rest of our lives and slay injustice right by one another, in different way.

In that clip, he (Yuri) definitely is SLE-Ti (the anime), and Flynn (blonde guy), LSI.

He is such an Fi PolR in the movie (where he cries and does not know how to feel)..

And his 8 is so apparent:

Him in the video game:

He may be LIE-Ni by the video game... But overall if you look at his archetype, SLE fits him most. And he probably is an 8w7 in the movie but 8w9 in video game.. If he is an 8w9 SLE, to may make his Se look more subdued, hence he looks superficially gamma. And he absolutely is an Sp. There are some times he looks very HA Fe in the video game as well, though...

What do you think @Tim? Do you think SLE or LIE? (By video game)
    The guy in the game look SLE to me (a little bit soft compare to normal SLE). LIE in a social situation is more "follow the social rule" and more serious - their Fe sometime make you feel "fake". And when they feel more comfortable, they begin to talk about businesses, ideas, how to improve things... workaholic type of people.

Here is a clip I believe LIE vs SLE talk...

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moharu View Post
    The guy in the game look SLE to me (a little bit soft compare to normal SLE). LIE in a social situation is more "follow the social rule" and more serious - their Fe sometime make you feel "fake". And when they feel more comfortable, they begin to talk about businesses, ideas, how to improve things... workaholic type of people.

Here is a clip I believe LIE vs SLE talk...

I think the softness is his wing 9 in his 8. Combined with SP variant.
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LIE and Se talk is not availed, by the way. The frequency of your energy, feels very similar to a guy named Sunyata I am close with.. Not anything you said, literally just the energy, I cannot very well explain this.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I feel really bad for you, @chriscorey. Kids think they know everything and they are little sociopaths.

My first impulse was to say "Maybe your kids need a Sabbatical. A year off with no support from their family. "How to survive on their own with the knowledge that they have right now.""
    Who needs school, anyway?

My kids think the can gather knowledge with-out school.. .

But of course, that's a terrible approach. They are re ally asking for more attention. "Who cares about me enough to give me discipline and the care I need?"

They are kids. They can't really ask for what they don't know how to get. All they can do is to refuse this and refuse that.

My kids show their butts to education.. the insist they can teach themselves.. They insist they're smarter than the teachers and therefore it's a a waste of time. I'm so tired ...
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

My kids show their butts to education.. the insist they can teach themselves.. They insist they're smarter than the teachers and therefore it's a a waste of time. I'm so tired ...
    Kids are smarter than 'grownups' in many ways. Have you tried sitting down with them to explain your concerns without power dynamics at play? Maybe they can help you. Also, there seems to be an increasing number of parents who try alternative ways of raising kids.

I don't agree with @Adam Strange's characterization of kids as psychopaths. Maybe 'sociopaths' is closer to what he wants to communicate i.e. people who have not been conditioned.

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The LIE and Se talk is not availed, by the way. The frequency of your energy, feels very similar to a guy named Sunyata I am close with.. Not anything you said, literally just the energy, I cannot very well explain this.
    The link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47MazYDnmaU

What about the Sunyata guy? :v

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, there's nothing like a real life test to reveal a system's weaknesses. But not all prototype airplane test pilots live to an old age.

I sympathize, though. I remember raising my son, and I don't think I could have done it as a single parent. But even with two parents, he did not turn out the way I hoped he would. I attribute that to the fact that whatever discipline I tried to impose was negated by my ex-wife, who said "He doesn't have to study. He'll be fine."

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    Kids are smarter than 'grownups' in many ways. Have you tried sitting down with them to explain your concerns without power dynamics at play? Maybe they can help you. Also, there seems to be an increasing number of parents who try alternative ways of raising kids.

I don't agree with @Adam Strange's characterization of kids as psychopaths. Maybe 'sociopaths' is closer to what he wants to communicate i.e. people who have not been conditioned.

Yes, I think they are sociopaths, almost by definition. They feel no responsibility to other people; only to themselves. An adult's job is to socialize them.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are so swweet and so rights... My kids are not psychopaths, they both care about their friends and society. They ignore my advice. They think they're better than school and i can't convince them otherwise.

-Krishna

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Braingel

Well therapists are trained in how a bunch of institutions interact with each other which I strongly believe is a Te valuing thing. They'll often bring up some Te institution thing that I didn't find relevant to what I'm trying to talk about, but they insist on bringing it up for some reason. Usually because they are a IEE who wants me to be a EII. It's often less about the individual(s) & their Ti identities. If you value Te I think you might respond to it better/more for that reason. Why the LSI therapist worked for me is she didn't trap me into some sort of Te box like the other ones tried to- that's the best way I can explain it. It's not that she coddled my neurosis or didn't challenge me or anything - that would annoy me too. She was still 'tough' (therapists are almost always assholes- they kinda have to be though or they wouldn't be able to do what they do. You don't wanna absorb other people's shit too much. Compassion > Empathy.)

btw I think your sister is also a Te valuer and good at Te too. =/ She has those Te woman eyes lol. I'm sorry. It is probably best if you learn to keep a good distance with them and the more you get your own life together the easier it will be to deal with them as psychological issues come out a lot more in close quarters with somebody. ((sorry I like giving you advice so much but I am an older IEI and that's what we do. =D)) Even conflictors can get along well if both know how to keep their distance and establish firm business-like boundaries. But subtype plays a large deal with that too. I get along with LSE-Si a lot better than LSE-Te.

They think they're better than school and i can't convince them otherwise.
    Have they told you what exactly it is that makes them want to stop being there?

Edit: @chriscorey
    Why do you have to convince them that they are not better than school?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They hate their teaches they hate their school.

-Krishna

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    @Braingel

Well therapists are trained in how a bunch of institutions interact with each other which I strongly believe is a Te valuing thing. They'll often bring up some Te institution thing that I didn't find relevant to what I'm trying to talk about, but they insist on bringing it up for some reason. Usually because they are a IEE who wants me to be a EII. It's often less about the individual(s) & their Ti identities. If you value Te I think you might respond to it better/more for that reason. Why the LSI therapist worked for me is she didn't trap me into some sort of Te box like the other ones tried to- that's the best way I can explain it. It's not that she coddled my neurosis or didn't challenge me or anything - that would annoy me too. She was still 'tough' (therapists are almost always assholes- they kinda have to be though or they wouldn't be able to do what they do. You don't wanna absorb other people's shit too much. Compassion > Empathy.)

btw I think your sister is also a Te valuer and good at Te too. =/ She has those Te woman eyes lol. I'm sorry. It is probably best if you learn to keep a good distance with them and the more you get your own life together the easier it will be to deal with them as psychological issues come out a lot more in close quarters with somebody. ((sorry I like giving you advice so much but I am an older IEI and that's what we do. =D)) Even conflictors can get along well if both know how to keep their distance and establish firm business-like boundaries. But subtype plays a large deal with that too. I get along with LSE-Si a lot better than LSE-Te.
    Well I be damned. I am an Ni base in an entirely Ni PolR family.

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They hate their teaches they hate their school.
    Can’t necessarily blame them. Our educational system is garbage. Maybe what they need is a charter school that fosters their interests (arts, sciences), or try and have them home schooled with school district and they go to that teacher’s house (but ensure the teacher is trustworthy). Ensure they are not being bullied. Maybe request a teacher switch..

Reward them for going to school, and make their lunches more special. Idk.. I’m no parent. If they have challenges like ADD, maybe get them IEP, and then they can be allowed accommodation and wear headphones in class and listen to music. Can have fidgets in hands.

Dragons:

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: @chriscorey
    Why do you have to convince them that they are not better than school?
    They think that they're capable of learning everything outside of school. Because internet.

-Krishna

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have the money to get them a video game they really want, it can be a good incentive. Charter school and home school in teacher’s home should be free. Alternatively, have them home schooled online, unless your house is small and you need breaks from them. But they can go to a coffee shop or something.

Dragons:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They think that they're capable of learning everything outside of school. Because internet.

Maybe they're right. Ask them to pay rent.

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I become a parent one day and my child refused a going to school, I’d figure out the core reason why they do not want to, listen to them and validate their feeling, and then look at the best option from there that fits the exact reason of why they do not want to.. Bullied? Switch school. Not challenging enough? Home school, charter or if older, GED. Don’t like being around others? Home school or online school. If things repeat, have them assessed for issue and then knowing my child, put them in the care that is most appropriate and then study and learn about that condition.

You need try resolve the issue with a matching mean that counters the issue, and validate their feelings, and reinforce their will to go and carry on.

Dragons:

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Maybe they're right. Ask them to pay rent.
    Good idea

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I'm going to explain how I deal with my PoLR

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea
    Before my ILE friend sent me that book, years ago I sent him this clip

He talks computer science and I talk art.

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Krishna

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If I become a parent one day and my child refused a going to school, I’d figure out the core reason why they do not want to, listen to them and validate their feeling, and then look at the best option from there that fits the exact reason of why they do not want to.. Bullied? Switch school. Not challenging enough? Home school, charter or if older, GED. Don’t like being around others? Home school or online school. If things repeat, have them assessed for issue and then knowing my child, put them in the care that is most appropriate and then study and learn about that condition.

You need try resolve the issue with a matching mean that counters the issue, and validate their feelings, and reinforce their will to go and carry on.
    Well that’s some Fi there lol yes sometimes kids need mental health days
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Yeah I don’t completely spit out Fi, which is how I know I am not an EIE, which ignores Fi. But I definitely in no way ignore Fe, so EII cannot be. If I would be another type, IEE would be it, but... My Te is worse than Ti.

Dragons:

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's Fi I guess I'm an IEE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah I don’t completely spit out Fi, which is how I know I am not an EIE, which ignores Fi. But I definitely in no way ignore Fe, so EII cannot be. If I would be another type, IEE would be it, but... My Te is worse than Ti.
    I wasn’t retyping you. You seem IEI to me
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn’t retyping you. You seem IEI to me
    Yeah, I know, but a lot of people think I am EIE, lol, I was just saying

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Literally almost everyone on sedecology types me as EIE, but IEI has gained its tracking, mostly after I met Stugg (LIE-Ni), and also met an SLE and ILE in person.

Stugg is basically the king of typology, so most everyone listens to him on PDB. All the E6's just look up to him, but he is shrewd.

Dragons:

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dragons:

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want Yuri to come through the screen, save me and forever live off with him and venture for rest of our lives and slay injustice right by one another, in different way.

In that clip, he (Yuri) definitely is SLE-Ti (the anime), and Flynn (blonde guy), LSI.

He is such an Fi PolR in the movie (where he cries and does not know how to feel)..

And his 8 is so apparent:

Him in the video game:

He may be LIE-Ni by the video game... But overall if you look at his archetype, SLE fits him most. And he probably is an 8w7 in the movie but 8w9 in video game.. If he is an 8w9 SLE, to may make his Se look more subdued, hence he looks superficially gamma. And he absolutely is an Sp. There are some times he looks very HA Fe in the video game as well, though...

What do you think @Tim? Do you think SLE or LIE? (By video game)
    Wow, all of this fantasy and super extraordinaire violence and frenzy of the ascended plateau to myth making and frivolous petals of midnight is so similar to those fire emblem videos in the random thought thread with these dialogues of whirling fine aspects of exotic voyages through theaters and timelines of ancient origins in a detached and separate world of gems and frolicking through meadow after gravity crushing deluge that the Atlantean fables are singing glass barriers to open the gates to every possible world!!
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    SCS EII, so4w5 461
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Te PolR most often presents itself when around Te bases, but I often will not focus on externally logical things, because I do not naturally think about them and they are weak area of in me, focus.

My sister the other day had pointed out how leaving a key in the door, versus having a garage door open overnight is different, since the open door is more apparent. My argument back was that they both have underlying theme of negligence, and a criminal who is looking about for a place to go in, will likely be so desperate, they will look at all areas, including the front door.

People on personality database were telling me how the sources do matter, and I was saying they do not.

My organizational ability is very poor, and my room often is cluttered with junk I am too lazy to pick up, though it is not as bad as would be seen in PolR Si, and my health is not completely disregarded.

People very often tell me that I am not being very efficient with my time (mostly Gamma types):
    (Stugg is an LIE-Ni. He supervises the living shit out of me.. I like him and I think he does me,but boy, he always makes me feel like a moron):

(So much for how he says not to overcomplicate things. He just does not want them overdone in Ti way. That is Te complicating).

He does assume the leadership role as expected in the dynamic, but views me as infantile..

I want his validation and approval, as expected in a supervisee

All LIE's in the chat. Manny, Stugg, and another guy who said I am acting 13..

Too much of a Teacher for me.

My Se suggestive finally had fucking ENOUGH

He can be protective, as well.. And like earlier, he did not punish me for ranting in general chat, because he realized I cannot help it.. the supervisor may be hard on the PolR function, but they have soft spot..
    And I really do value his approval..

He had before said sometimes the relation feels more as a benefit-benefactor relation, which actually, the supervisor-supervisee dynamic can transcend to that level:

(Wikisocion is down right now, so I cannot quote)..

Then there is a guy named Ashton in community who is LIE-Ni. He did not like me initially, but I grew on him right away, after he found out how I am on voice chat.. He was always gentler on my Te, and he even thinks I am an IEE and have HA Te... But it can be that my ITR with him was more of a benefit-beneficiary dynamic, with how he saw me and was easier on me.. He did attempt supervise me a few times, but he always was gracious and cutting me slack, joking with other community members I am like 12... He joked with an SEE that I am their "little cousin". He took a very protective role on me, and he also tried teaching me a bit of Te things with another LIE once in a voice chat with economics, and how the economical system is always fair to everyone.. And I cried before in fort of him on voice chat.. He did not supervise me the way Stugg does by any means, but he also is far older and knows extensively on Socionics..

The awareness of our relation between me and Stugg, perhaps is why it is able to work better, and be a bit more like benefit.
    @qaz00 Te PolR> Si PolR. Not your conflictor.. Rejoice.

Dragons:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910