Thread: Member Questionnaire (Varu)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Varu)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Varu)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is what's pleasant to the senses. Love is attraction. So, if you are walking in a train station and you hear music from the distance and find it pleasant to the point you feel attracted and walk towards the source of the music, you may say you love the music.
    What are your most important values?
    Autonomy: don't depend on other people;
    Simplicity: don't get used to luxury;
    Respect: don't hurt people who haven't hurt you, and don't let other people hurt you without consequences.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm a materialist atheist but feel attraction towards spirituality. All of it can be embraced as allegorical and understood with psychology and pure reasoning. Yet I still desire to reach ego death, experience a "mystical" state and other stuff.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Greed, animality and stupidity are the roots of war and militaries. Society is rotten in it's entirety. Hierarchy is evil. As long as there will be power dynamics and people don't respect eachother there will be wars, meaning, wars will never cease to happen.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Spirituality. Because my mind is constantly wandering about the reasons of existence;
    Tea: I just like tea. I like to compare different kinds.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I try to be healthy, so I have a minimal training routine and try to avoid some kinds of food.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    My house is a mess. I don't care about chores and usually find ways to reduce them.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Bhagavadgita. India's spiritual wisdom has fueled my mind and helped me find true meaning.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Messing up everything.

Insight.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    In quiet places.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Awkwardness, eccentricity, laziness.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    "You know everything".

My mind.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I'd rather get no help. In the hypothetical scenario in which I could have magic robot slaves who don't consume energy I would answer: chores. A robot chef could also be nice.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes. I'm walking a lonely path and have no examples or feedback, so I sometimes wonder whether I'm really doing the right thing.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Good manners and an open mind.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I leave such stuff to my previous path.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I know it's a hypothetical question but I refuse to answer it. I would never have a child for two reasons:
    I don't want to share my properties;
    I don't want to cause more suffering.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    People say wrong things all the time. I don't care, as long as they don't try to force their opinions. From time to time I may start contradicting people just to see them get mad and I have some fun.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Previous answers work for this question too.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I have no friends. I must always keep a distance from people, cause I don't like when they get used to my existence and intrude my space or try to steal my time.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I try to be gentle and mirror their emotions.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you say you usually find ways to reduce chores, what does that look like?

Would that be a solution such as buying polyester mix shirts, because they don't require frequent ironing? -> (reducing your needs),
    or is it more that you revise your method of doing chores?

Or something else altogether

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    When you say you usually find ways to reduce chores, what does that look like?

Would that be a solution such as buying polyester mix shirts, because they don't require frequent ironing? -> (reducing your needs),
    or is it more that you revise your method of doing chores?

Or something else altogether

No. Polyester is unpleasant to the skin. Reducing chores means more like, instead of ironing, hanging laundry neatly so that I don't need to iron the clothes at all.
    But I'd like to expand the skin sensation factor. I wear only pure cotton shirts. My skin feeling a pleasant sensation is one of the most important things for me.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Base Ni with an introverted subtype N or H?

Just what I took away from the information at hand. If you post more, and get a little more involved with the forum, people might be able to hep more accurately
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

what i took away from ur answers:
    (i've been around a long time and have a decent nose. but i'm by no means an expert or even well-versed in up-to-date theory. so this matters as much as you want)

-a nice simplicity and a certain organizational structure to ur responses, i see strong Ti
    -describing ur preferences in other ppl as "good manners, open minded" syncs well with Fe/Ne, i see alpha
    -opinion on war and militaries answer and its corresponding negativity about hierarchy, instinct, greed. to me feels alpha>delta>gamma>beta
    -"my mind is constantly wandering about the reasons of existence" obvious N tripwire here
    -"I must always keep a distance from people, cause I don't like when they get used to my existence and intrude my space or try to steal my time." this just says 5 to me, which is nicely compatible with LII

so that's my current hunch. there are other important answers in the post that i didn't address, and if u want me to, then by all means, but i'm just throwing my thoughts out and not making any assertions, also hello! i threw out thoughts cus u seem interesting

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that your answer to reducing chores in support of your questionnaire answers could indicate logic over ethics.

It would depend on how adaptable you are to a new range of chores that come up, and whether you usually feel confident in reducing the steps of those.. according to your own understanding of what is essential.

Using myself for comparison: when I read a typing questionnaire everything looks new to me, so I come up with a fresh chain of reasoning - based on the information in front of me. Having weak logic, I also need to refer back to the socionics models in real time to substantiate my immediate hunches (i.e. this person seems rational). Because I treat each typing as a unique event, this can lead to inconsistencies between my typing of one person compared to another.

Also, I was thinking that Si for you is not in the super ego (?)
    Just noting that because it seems the impressions on your senses are explored freely/in your own time and do not relate to external evaluation or a decided result.

Perhaps I see what ashlesha sees, the enneagram 5 traits.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Base Ni with an introverted subtype N or H?

Just what I took away from the information at hand. If you post more, and get a little more involved with the forum, people might be able to hep more accurately
    I doubt I'll ever be involved since I can't keep up with forum dynamics, but thanks for the interesting feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    what i took away from ur answers:
    (i've been around a long time and have a decent nose. but i'm by no means an expert or even well-versed in up-to-date theory. so this matters as much as you want)

-a nice simplicity and a certain organizational structure to ur responses, i see strong Ti
    -describing ur preferences in other ppl as "good manners, open minded" syncs well with Fe/Ne, i see alpha
    -opinion on war and militaries answer and its corresponding negativity about hierarchy, instinct, greed. to me feels alpha>delta>gamma>beta
    -"my mind is constantly wandering about the reasons of existence" obvious N tripwire here
    -"I must always keep a distance from people, cause I don't like when they get used to my existence and intrude my space or try to steal my time." this just says 5 to me, which is nicely compatible with LII

so that's my current hunch. there are other important answers in the post that i didn't address, and if u want me to, then by all means, but i'm just throwing my thoughts out and not making any assertions, also hello! i threw out thoughts cus u seem interesting
    Hello, thank you for saying I seem interesting. I also thank you for the interesting feedback. I want you, like all the people, to be comfortable, so if you find pleasure in addressing more answers I'll gladly read them. But if you don't have fun writing more, don't write, there's absolutely no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I thought that your answer to reducing chores in support of your questionnaire answers could indicate logic over ethics.

It would depend on how adaptable you are to a new range of chores that come up, and whether you usually feel confident in reducing the steps of those.. according to your own understanding of what is essential.

Using myself for comparison: when I read a typing questionnaire everything looks new to me, so I come up with a fresh chain of reasoning - based on the information in front of me. Having weak logic, I also need to refer back to the socionics models in real time to substantiate my immediate hunches (i.e. this person seems rational). Because I treat each typing as a unique event, this can lead to inconsistencies between my typing of one person compared to another.

Also, I was thinking that Si for you is not in the super ego (?)
    Just noting that because it seems the impressions on your senses are explored freely/in your own time and do not relate to external evaluation or a decided result.

Perhaps I see what ashlesha sees, the enneagram 5 traits.
    I'm confident in reducing steps. It's one thing that makes me appear very lazy to other people. I'm not big in following steps, and if for some reason at a job a boss tells me what to do, I won't remember the steps and do things on my own. One reason why I won't remember the steps is that I don't remember things I don't understand. So, for me to remember something, one of these two factors has to be present: 1) I understood the subject on my own without external influence; 2) The person explaining the subject gave me the roots of the matter, so that I'm able to formulate my own understanding.

You explained that your reasonings are all separated each from the other and this leads to inconsistencies. I have exactly the opposite problem. Since everything follows the same framework, if I analyze something, and the conclusions lead me to understand that it's different from a thing that I previously considered to possess the same result, I have to change the whole system. I take into account everything all the time. No exceptions. I accumulate facts and conceptualize their qualities. I consider those facts to be objective. Once I've metabolized those facts, thus pointing out their qualities, I build the entire framework. And if I find new facts, I try first to add them to my system. If inconsistencies occur, the whole system gets reconceptualized.

I thank you too for the interesting feedback.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Varu, the final paragraph in your response to me seems to value Ti over Te.

To value Ti would be to trust in your conceptualisations and to use those, primarily, to problem solve.

I have also picked up along the way that to value Ti may mean being more comfortable making inferences. Something to do with an interest in observing patterns, in order to understand how a result was arrived at. Qualities are brought together to form categories and general rules. And so, when encountering something new, you add it to your system.

Wish I could write/share more, but my knowledge of typing is still limited; better keep it short and not confuse things. I hope you stick around the forum for the intrigue :-)