TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vortical-Synergetic Cognition and You

Are you a ESE, SLI, LIE, or IEI?

If so, how does this form of cognition manifest in your thinking?

From Gulenko:

Vortical-Synergetic Cognition

The fourth cognitive style: it is synthetic, positive, and inductive. Its most appropriate title is Vortical-Synergetic. This form flows in Sociotypes ESE, SLI, LIE, IEI (ESFj, ISTp, ENTj, INFp, respectively)

Synergetics—the science of how order emerges from chaos. The word 'synergy' in Ancient Greek means "concerted action". The concept of synergy continues to be discussed at present. In the West, it is called 'Chaos Theory' or 'Nonlinear Dynamics' [9]. For our purposes, it is important to note that it is characterized by so-called dissipative states—non-equilibrium, nonlinear, unstable.

As Dynamics, Synergetics think fluidly with tints of one thought cascading into another. As Positivists, they converge towards a point of attraction. As Involutionary types, they frequently turn backwards and jump over previous levels, displacing the flow of their thoughts like a vortex or fluctuating storm.

IEI as if in a kaleidoscope sees whimsical iridescent imagery, dissolving then receding in flux. LIE thinks very experimentally with many variants rapidly assorted and mentally tested on the fly for practical applicability. ESE initiates a social torrent leaving behind a trail of emotional turbulence. Thoughts 'swarm' and chaotically displace one another. SLI 'lies in a drift' as it were awaiting favorable wind. Once the situation becomes favorable, self-organization immediately takes hold and rapid thinking initiates, scrolling through incoming information, identifying options most and least likely to succeed.

Intellectual Sphere

Characteristic of a 'vortex' is its self-organizing nature, moving like a whirlwind. This manifests mentally as a rapid search for options, tests, and the subsequent screening of variants which do not yield results. It operates on basis of testing, advancing to the goal through trial and error. In a sense, it is comparable to a perpetual lab experiment in the brain.

The first advantage of Vortical cognition—liveliness and naturalness. It seems to simulate the actual processes occurring in nature. Another advantage—faith in success and luck. Synergetics do not confuse temporary setbacks with error; they will undertake attempt after attempt until success ultimately comes to them.

Its chief disadvantage is that the intellectual search is often blind and uneconomical. Another difficulty is its randomness and spontaneity. Synergetic intellect is a kind of chain reaction that catalyzes itself. The mechanism of positive feedback operates: if not curbed, then the concentration of effort first leads to an explosion, followed by dissipation.

Synergetic intellect explains phenomena through substantive reasoning. The very substance (material or substrate) itself generating phenomena through natural movement. In the Aristotle example, the cause of sculpture is the block of marble from which it was made.

Social Sphere

Vortical cognition developed into a unique intellectual paradigm that was deemed later than all others to have social merit, despite it being most akin to natural phenomena. It is known that in natural conditions, all processes run in cycles. For example, in laissez-faire economies operating on Adam Smith's 'invisible hand' principle, natural cyclical fluctuations in market supply and demand guide the natural equilibrium prices of goods.

Studying biological evolution, Charles Darwin discovered its origin as a struggle for existence against natural selection, and survival of the fittest organisms. The main engine of this 'evolution', is involution through events of random variation, which abruptly leave no intermediate gradual links between appearances of species.

Biological self-organization is catalyzed by mutation—sudden, unpredictable changes in genetic material. Involution generates pulsating chaos, as evolution simultaneously selects and propagates useful mutations.

Following in the involutionary trend of Darwinism, the concept of 'punctuated equilibrium' emphasizes the discontinuous development of species observed in nature. Authors Gould and Eldridge conclude from this fact that smooth gradual evolution of species is impossible under natural conditions. To survive, all organs must simultaneously be in working order; there are no creatures present with half-fin wings, half-hoof toes, etc. According to this theory, the lifetime of a species is divided into two unequal stages of duration. The first stage is stasis, long periods where no significant species change occurs. Then the second stage, a time of fracture when the species is rapidly converted into another form, or dies out.

In the 20th century, as I mentioned, the vortex idea was rediscovered and Synergetics adopted its armament. The motto of Synergetics—order through fluctuation. Such fluctuations (local perturbations in the system) are analogous to biological mutation. Order in the chaotic evolution of complex socio-psychological systems, Socionics understands through the law of quadra progression. However, we must not forget that in the irreversible progression of quadras is a series of involutional junctures—jumps, twists, and turns. Because of this, the real non-theoretical quadra progression curve is jagged and looped, its outline resembling the dancing tongues of a burning flame.

Psychological Sphere

This cognitive style imbues qualities of endurance and optimism to the psyche. However, the psyche of Synergetics is less stable than that of Holographers. Synergetic types are partially conditionable, but capable of discarding undesired habits. For restoration of normal mental life they need specific, and sometimes long periods of trial and error. Depriving their life of continuous forward movement exerts a bad effect upon their mind. Operating principle: As ambient momentum of circumstance declines, their self-determination atrophies. Lack of oncoming circumstantial pressures renders them increasingly worse off.

The best countermeasure in such situations is positive self-programming. Consisting of forcing disturbing thoughts to the background and dissolving them in positive scenarios. IEI before sleep visualizes a pleasant scene to remove disturbing experiences of the day. LIE casts a desirable goal in its imagination, optimistic it will eventually acquire the necessary persons and resources. ESE simply does not think about past mistakes and its mood is improved by itself. SLI is not the first place puts a positive scenario and awaits the moment possible to implement it.

It is often forgotten that the synergetic aspect of development makes extended forecasts futile. American meteorologist Edward Lorenz descriptively coined this phenomenon the 'Butterfly Effect'. Where a butterfly waving its wings in some part of America can, with specific confluence of circumstances, induce a hurricane somewhere in Indonesia. Complex nonlinear phenomena are unpredictable, because tiny initial influences with time can lead to enormous consequences. In conventional life, this same phenomenon is called the Domino Effect. Where the initial fall of the first domino successfully entails catastrophe of the series. The catalyzing action, whose event occurs on your will, determines which of the scenarios will run—optimistic or pessimistic.

Scientific Sphere

This cognitive form reflects the synergy formed by the current worldview. Within this paradigm during the 18th century arose the Kant-Laplace hypothesis about the vortex origin of the sun and planets from cosmic dust.

The Synergetic paradigm is opposed to Creationism; the emergence of complex systems explains spontaneous creation, not divine intervention. A typical example from the history of science is biochemist A. I. Oparin's hypothesis on the emergence of life from inanimate matter in the primordial 'broth' of Earth's early existence, which was largely confirmed in Stanley Miller's famous 1953 experiment.

Also hailing from the Synergetic paradigm comes the outlook of Nikolai Amosov. According to him it "explains the evolution of the world's self-organizing structures… miracles can happen, but are of no practical value." He sincerely believes demonstrative simulations can be recreated by computer models.

Synergetics recognize the critical role of chance and free will in transitional moments of history. Synergetically-minded scholars frequently consider alternative historical outcomes. British historian Arnold J. Toynbee in particular, explored this twist on the course of ancient history—what if Alexander of Macedon did not die (pessimistic version), how would the world have developed then (optimistic version)?

A real-life model of Synergetic cognition is the turbulent flow. Turbulence is a liquid or gas flow, in which there is rapid mixing of its moving layers. The behavior of such flows cannot be predicted. Whereas the preceding laminar flow phrase exhibits clear regularities deducible by Causal-Determinism.

Mathematical modeling of natural growth processes typically uses exponential functions. Such functions describe geometric progressions, rather than arithmetic values. Logarithmic (S-shaped) curves terminating in saturation points are common in dynamic modeling. Implying that self-organization is not omnipotent: after exceeding a certain limit, it exhausts its own momentum. At which point it becomes necessary to either yield to external structure, or create a new nexus of self-organization. Synergetic types naturally select the latter.

Lev N. Gumilev offers a Synergetic account for involutions of ethnogenesis in the birth, growth, and death process of societies. Social systems dictate rules of selection for specific behaviors of people. Charismatic-personalities (cranks, outcasts, dissenters) engender a variety of diverse social mutations. Society holds them at bay, until such time that it weakens for any reason (due to economic crisis, internal wars, cultural stagnation, etc.). Afterwards, the energy of a new order vigorously sweeps the decrepit system and begins to grow in its place. But sooner or later, the new order itself will age just the same and be forced to give way to an alternative system ripening in its depths, and so forth.

Vortical cognition is hardest to convey to people of Algorithmic cognition, since to them free choice and the game of chance opposes teleology, fate, the special role of a creator, etc. When Synergetics speak about the implicit order in chaos, if we translate their words to the language of Socionics, they imply that Holographical cognition, with its minimally convoluted ordering structures, is dual to the chaotic vortex.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have a hard time picking up on these cognitive styles in others, I can barely see them in myself.

Still, this is probably the one I relate to most.

I see my personal develoment as something that evolves in a non-linear, but progressive manner. Progressive because it feels like things are getting better. Non-linear because they don't get better in a continous or regular fashion, but rather at unpredictable intervals, suddenly there is a "growth spurt" so to speak, and then there is a plateau.

I relate to rejecting things like fate, destiny, predestined outcomes etc. Rather, I believe in luck and that if you keep trying your hand strategically at what you want, you will acheive it. I am not interested in ideas of a creator and how the cosmos or world was created either, such questions seem a little besides the point to me from a spiritual standpoint.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 11-09-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wonder how many LIE's are into biohacking stuff? I have seen some clues here hence it could happen. Like someone who could initiate socionics from Fi PoLR PoV.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Biohacking

More LIE stuff

Sol, don't bother to tell me she is ILE.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I wonder how many LIE's are into biohacking stuff? I have seen some clues here hence it could happen. Like someone who could initiate socionics from Fi PoLR PoV.

More LIE stuff

Yeah, when I was in research those probabilistic randomized approaches with were what I was good at.
    Process types seem to kind of hate them even though they recognize that their results are often good especially in a time-sensitive context.

Biohacking - I like to experiment with nootropics but that´s it for me, perhaps past 60 some borg-like inserts wouldn´t be bad.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@A Moderator please, don't waste your time with this stuff. It doesn't manifest because it's a vague speculative hypothesis that people started taking as fact. You're better off studying the IM elements in depth.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awwww @thehotelambush, I love the cog types, they are such fun!
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Awwww @thehotelambush, I love the cog types, they are such fun!
    They may be fun...doesn't mean they're valid

/grumpy-old-man-rant

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

[Today 08:47 AM] Adam Strange : I’m used to delivering perfection to others and living in chaos myself. I’d say this is a childhood issue, except my parent’s have a typically Delta house and I think a lot of LIE’s live in chaos.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's mostly that my thoughts are always just coalescing, without any discernible form or direction. It's hard to ever anchor myself to one point, but when ideas do emerge it's complete in and of itself. More pointedly, I naturally assume a kind of gestalt going into any situation, and let pieces accrue accordingly; but it's not a positive substance, really, just a kind of standalone feeling that can only be grasped reflexively.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My ESE friend and I agreed that learning any new topic at uni feels like reinventing the fire. It feels like starting at zero (especially when there is no motivation and the topic is boring). Eventually, when we've gathered enough information and learned some basics we can see how the new topic connects to previously learned things and then it's a matter of time until it starts to click. Only then there is enough motivation to move on - but at a faster pace.

I don't like learning in a linear fashion. The usual way is to start small, learn the basics and then gradually tackle more complex ideas and concepts but that bores me. I feel like (when learning in the linear fashion) I've already forgot what was at the beginning. The process feels forced, uncreative, sterile.

If I had to describe my process in a picture I would say they look like a tree. I start with an initiative but as soon as I find something interesting or something I don't understand I "branch out"* so to say. When I'm teaching myself something new a learn a topic at uni I have a sheet of paper close by where I write down all kinds of thoughts that either have nothing to do with my goal for the day or interesting ideas that result from what I'm learning. I try to make a mindmap but it usually results in an open ended cluster that spreads out like a tree. And I like it that way. It looks unorganized but I love it. Having enough understanding about something to "explode" with facts/concept/material like that is awesome.

no idea what it says at the bottom

The downside is that - in comparison to LSIs for example - my learning process can take much longer. Sure, at school I could just refuse to read a boring novel, read the wikipedia entry and still write an A or B in the exam. At uni, where the standards are higher that's not possible.

I recently watched a video where someone claims that learning a language in a linear way (like in school or by book) slows down the process - and is a lot less interesting. He proposes a more intuitive way; "Learning a new language is all input" - arguing that babies don't learn by book either. I like that, although I don't agree 100%. There needs to be at least a little bit of structure (grammar books) so you can be sure that what you learn "intuitively"** is correct.

Also, when writing a story - I don't even plan my stories like that. Sometimes, out of nowhere, I get a vivid and detailed idea for a scene somewhere in the story - and the scene is so perfect that all its roots (in the past of the story) and consequences (the future of the story) practically construct the rest of the story. It just "clicks" - its like all the ideas and thoughts reach a certain threshold and everything (ok most things) falls into its place.

I describe it like it's magical. It's not - really there is so much open ended stuff in my head. I want to read and learn so much. I have a gigantic list of books I want to read - and I read like 10 at the time - and when I lose interest I just leave them and move on. (this is why note books are crucial - I need to document what I read)

My room is either perfectly orderly - or a perfect chaos. Right now there are half a dozen printed articles on web dev. because I want to teach myself writing good articles. There are notebooks about my stories, my personal recipe cards, the Japanese language, control engineering and a handbook on how to survive when society collapses (lmao). And I wasted a few hours last evening on backing pancakes - and I mean panCAKES. They're thicc af (my third try) - while listening to conspiracy videos.

I still get my things done and on time but not as much (quantity) as an LSE. I read the book "Getting things done" and followed its principles - for two weeks - it's not my style at all. I use a calendar and some lists but I don't micro-manage. I want and need the freedom to concentrate on what I prioritize atm. And it works. I usually reach the goals that I set - but it has to be my way.

My favorite book is "Mastery" by George Leonard. According to him learning needs time. A lot of what we learn with the goal to acquire a skill happens subconsciously. We try and try again and fail, fail, fail. But each time we fail and spent more time improving ourselves - we're actually learning until we reach a certain threshold - it "clicks" - we finally reach a new level - and then the whole open ended process repeats itself.

*wow so this is why GIT calls it "branch" ahh lol
    **not in the socionics sense

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Cosmic Teapot - Do you think George Leonard was a type with VS cognition? I was actually thinking of him too when I wrote my response to this thread, referring to what he calls the plateau:

I see my personal develoment as something that evolves in a non-linear, but progressive manner. Progressive because it feels like things are getting better. Non-linear because they don't get better in a continous or regular fashion, but rather at unpredictable intervals, suddenly there is a "growth spurt" so to speak, and then there is a plateau.

Also, the text at the bottom of the image says "reading is dangerous to ignorance" (Spanish). *

* Google translates it as "reading seriously harms ignorance."

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So things are new and you have no idea first? That is so strange to me. It is like every year the same stuff. Only little bit more depth (sometimes way too little).

If the depth is missing I have no idea where I'm floating.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateEmcee View Post
    @Cosmic Teapot - Do you think George Leonard was a type with VS cognition? I was actually thinking of him too when I wrote my response to this thread, referring to what he calls the plateau:

Also, the text at the bottom of the image says "reading is dangerous to ignorance" (Spanish). *

* Google translates it as "reading seriously harms ignorance."
    Thanks for the translation. I don't know if Leonard has VA cognition. I like the idea of cognitive styles a lot - but I don't think its definitions are clear enough to recognize four cognition styles in other people with certainty. My own post is little more than a thought experiment; I can see VA in my own life but that's about it. I wouldn't even use it to type people.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So things are new and you have no idea first? That is so strange to me. It is like every year the same stuff. Only little bit more depth (sometimes way too little).

If the depth is missing I have no idea where I'm floating.
    What you wrote is still on my mind... - if everything is the same for you then how do you study/ learn new things? How do you start? (What is your thought process like?)

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but no. I do this, but it isn't really how I work. It's more I work in order of thought. I tend to shy away from experimentation. Everything is a statement. I do logic tests, as having bad logic is bad, but typically I make statements that lead to other statements in order. Quite relatable though, I do gain a headache thinking about what this would mean for my mental clarity though. Because of the organization of my thoughts, I can think pretty clearly with a minor fuzziness in my brain. Things such as math typically result in errors. I cannot count money well, although I haven't worked on it, the act is challenging to me. I can add and subtract, but not years, and I can definitely use this, it is how I do math some of the time, but I am a terrible calculator, often missing things. Like just woosh. This has lead to my downfall in AP physics, even though every odd year I do extremely well in math, once even getting an award.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

More LIE stuff

Wow. This is one incredibly attractive woman. Intelligent, sexy.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think that I identify with this cognition the most, as anyone that has heard me going on about abiogenesis or perspectivism in socionics.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    @A Moderator please, don't waste your time with this stuff.
    Your disapproval only fuels my determination.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    Then I guess I overestimated your intelligence.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not losing sleep over your opinion. :3

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    This is why Beta is the strongest Race
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boo and hiss.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Semi-empirical mass formula has to be VS stuff:
    https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Semi-empirical_mass_formula
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These really are the natural researchers of the Socion.

IEI will perform experiments with people to understand their underlying personality.

ESE will soundboard with their friends and loved ones to gain a clearer understanding of what to do EDIT: (and be perceived as "perfect").

LIE will perform experiments to understand the worth of an asset.

SLI will test the waters to feel how comfortable they are with others.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you can just insert the "hidden agenda" trait to understand how any of these types tend to run experiments.
    Last edited by Desert Financial; 12-01-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    My ESE friend and I agreed that learning any new topic at uni feels like reinventing the fire. It feels like starting at zero (especially when there is no motivation and the topic is boring). Eventually, when we've gathered enough information and learned some basics we can see how the new topic connects to previously learned things and then it's a matter of time until it starts to click. Only then there is enough motivation to move on - but at a faster pace.

I don't like learning in a linear fashion. The usual way is to start small, learn the basics and then gradually tackle more complex ideas and concepts but that bores me. I feel like (when learning in the linear fashion) I've already forgot what was at the beginning. The process feels forced, uncreative, sterile.

If I had to describe my process in a picture I would say they look like a tree. I start with an initiative but as soon as I find something interesting or something I don't understand I "branch out"* so to say. When I'm teaching myself something new a learn a topic at uni I have a sheet of paper close by where I write down all kinds of thoughts that either have nothing to do with my goal for the day or interesting ideas that result from what I'm learning. I try to make a mindmap but it usually results in an open ended cluster that spreads out like a tree. And I like it that way. It looks unorganized but I love it. Having enough understanding about something to "explode" with facts/concept/material like that is awesome.

no idea what it says at the bottom

The downside is that - in comparison to LSIs for example - my learning process can take much longer. Sure, at school I could just refuse to read a boring novel, read the wikipedia entry and still write an A or B in the exam. At uni, where the standards are higher that's not possible.

I recently watched a video where someone claims that learning a language in a linear way (like in school or by book) slows down the process - and is a lot less interesting. He proposes a more intuitive way; "Learning a new language is all input" - arguing that babies don't learn by book either. I like that, although I don't agree 100%. There needs to be at least a little bit of structure (grammar books) so you can be sure that what you learn "intuitively"** is correct.

Also, when writing a story - I don't even plan my stories like that. Sometimes, out of nowhere, I get a vivid and detailed idea for a scene somewhere in the story - and the scene is so perfect that all its roots (in the past of the story) and consequences (the future of the story) practically construct the rest of the story. It just "clicks" - its like all the ideas and thoughts reach a certain threshold and everything (ok most things) falls into its place.

I describe it like it's magical. It's not - really there is so much open ended stuff in my head. I want to read and learn so much. I have a gigantic list of books I want to read - and I read like 10 at the time - and when I lose interest I just leave them and move on. (this is why note books are crucial - I need to document what I read)

My room is either perfectly orderly - or a perfect chaos. Right now there are half a dozen printed articles on web dev. because I want to teach myself writing good articles. There are notebooks about my stories, my personal recipe cards, the Japanese language, control engineering and a handbook on how to survive when society collapses (lmao). And I wasted a few hours last evening on backing pancakes - and I mean panCAKES. They're thicc af (my third try) - while listening to conspiracy videos.

I still get my things done and on time but not as much (quantity) as an LSE. I read the book "Getting things done" and followed its principles - for two weeks - it's not my style at all. I use a calendar and some lists but I don't micro-manage. I want and need the freedom to concentrate on what I prioritize atm. And it works. I usually reach the goals that I set - but it has to be my way.

My favorite book is "Mastery" by George Leonard. According to him learning needs time. A lot of what we learn with the goal to acquire a skill happens subconsciously. We try and try again and fail, fail, fail. But each time we fail and spent more time improving ourselves - we're actually learning until we reach a certain threshold - it "clicks" - we finally reach a new level - and then the whole open ended process repeats itself.

*wow so this is why GIT calls it "branch" ahh lol
    **not in the socionics sense
    I relate hard to this.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal Maniac 007 View Post

More LIE stuff

This professor is LIE af.

I love the way she communicates. It's such a relief.

It's odd to me that people process LIE as 'so confident.' I think we seem confident in our areas of expertise (who wouldn't?). Put this kiddo or any other LIE in certain other situations, and the variable nature of confidence shows up.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Financial View Post
    These really are the natural researchers of the Socion.

IEI will perform experiments with people to understand their underlying personality.

ESE will soundboard with their friends and loved ones to gain a clearer understanding of what to do EDIT: (and be perceived as "perfect").

LIE will perform experiments to understand the worth of an asset.

SLI will test the waters to feel how comfortable they are with others.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you can just insert the "hidden agenda" trait to understand how any of these types tend to run experiments.
    I also really struggle when we don't get homework feedback in math classes. Like if we're just given a percentage but don't have the answers passed out or don't have a teacher show how we went wrong and why, I don't learn as easily. I think crap pedagogy or even just an introvert who monologues and refuses questions can really hold me back. I excel when a teacher wants me to contribute and encourages my experimenting and gives me feedback on the 'nopes' and 'yeah, that's right' attempts.