Thread: Politics, Ideology, and type?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Politics, Ideology, and type?

Does it exist? Are there correlations? Are certain qualities specific to a certain type?

Reason I'm asking is because there is always disagreement on everything in socionics. So I'm making this thread in an attempt to find out if people can come to an agreement. I'd like people to focus less on what they disagree and more on what they agree? Is this possible?
    previously Megadoodoo

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, but then how do we know values will or won't conflict between certain types like the theory tries to predict?
    previously Megadoodoo

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I should have just said values then. But okay, so would you say that a given type does not have specific values? Cause there's a lot of stuff in socionics that describes values, such as the functions, quadras, relationship dynamics. But it seems people disagree on what they are.
    previously Megadoodoo

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    In my opinion, yes. Socionics isn't about personal values, but it is about personal psyche that interacting into society through information.
    Okay, but then most of socionics is invalidated, especially the relations. And without distinctive values, it begs the question of what a type really is or truly represents (at least for me anyway).

So what is a "personal psyche that interacting into society through information."?
    previously Megadoodoo

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll just end up with people insistently linking Ni to whatever ideology is either the most socially accepted or the new countercultural chic. Close second place for the latter will be Ti because it gets treated similarly. Poopoo stinky ideologies that failed in historical hindsight will get pinned to Si, and annoying people you disagree with will be Je-lead functions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    No, it's validated and worked and applied, as long as terms and conditions apply. See how diverse this site forum members, some of them believe classical socionics from Aushra works, some of them believe in another system like Gulenko ones, and some of them even made their own model and terms after experiencing theories and find it different with reality.
    Yes, and I'd like to know what the terms and conditions actually are because nobody seems to really know them. Of course, everyone has their own idea like you say, but they often contradict each other and everything ends up not being type related it seems and so it begs the question what is type related. I'm thinking types don't really exist and I'm going to stop thinking about this stuff. But I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise.
    previously Megadoodoo

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It is known for example that women are more likely to vote Democrat and men are more likely to vote Republican, so that at the very least is likely to be a "F" vs. "T" issue.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoodoo View Post
    Maybe I should have just said values then. But okay, so would you say that a given type does not have specific values? Cause there's a lot of stuff in socionics that describes values, such as the functions, quadras, relationship dynamics. But it seems people disagree on what they are.
    If you mean "Quadra values" and "valued functions" then that is specific socionics terminology. It's not what we normally call values.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Typical politician is SEE. In a democracy we have lots of parties and lots of SEE's with different backgrounds who are particular drivers for their own force. Hence identical type does not mean same as singing "Kum ba yah" together. Of course not every politician is SEE and many deltas for example might want relaxed pace in life which could in many cases correlate with left. I see gamma opportnistic hence they propably populate every party where there exists potential for personal social success.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org